The Official CAG December 2012 Pick-Ups Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
188 replies to this topic

#31 DNukem170

DNukem170

Dance like you want to win, Gundam!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:58 AM

This came in yesterday. Was supposedly due to come in on the 7th, but hey, not complaining. :D

You know, if all of Bandai's Anime Legends sets looked as good as Geass S1's, I wouldn't be collecting the singles and trying to sell my Complete Collection sets.

#32 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 05:27 AM

Mostly from BF. I was too lazy/waiting for a couple of my orders from BB cuz 2 of em got lost for like a week :bomb:

Posted Image
Now have 2 of the 4 steelbooks for Halo 4. On to get the other two. :D

Posted Image
Definitely went for lots of TV shows. I kept missing Big Bang S5 on Blu. OOS on BB, then waited for pricematch at amazon and missed out on that. Grrr

Posted Image

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#33 SlaughterX

SlaughterX

Teh Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:05 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image
"Member of the most player hated race who made this invaded place and stayed it with a straight face..." - MF DOOM

#34 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

Victoria Secrets but no shirts clothes for yourself?

#35 SlaughterX

SlaughterX

Teh Killer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 December 2012 - 07:22 PM

Tis the season for giving...
"Member of the most player hated race who made this invaded place and stayed it with a straight face..." - MF DOOM

#36 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:05 AM

Nintendo Platinum Reward cards and my Link Figma came in today. :D

Posted Image

#37 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

I should have some stuff to post up tomorrow.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#38 tooshorty6432168

tooshorty6432168

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:55 AM

Posted Image

Awesome pickups, where did you find them?

Posted Image

I've been getting into board games far too much recently. I'm having a blast with Ticket to Ride, still learning Innovation, haven't tried out Android: Netrunner yet and I'll be playing Cards Against Humanity tomorrow.

I grabbed Sleeping Dogs from Best Buy during Black Friday and succinctly destroyed it and loved it. I almost bought the pink controller from there as well, but ended up trading a black one to a friend for it instead.

#39 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:20 AM

Got Gundam 0083 on the way. Had ordered it back in October, before it got pulled from RightStuf. Thankfully, I opted not to cancel it when that happened and just waited. It went back in stock and shipped out, right before selling out again. :D

Also waiting for another order to ship out, which may take a while all because of ONE item being ordered from Sentai Filmworks. The order consists of the GaoGaiGar Premium Holiday Bundle (Seasons 1 and 2; ordered before it sold out), Ghost in the Shell 2.0 Blu-ray, Mazinkaiser/Shuten Doji DVD Double Pack, Pretty Face Vol. 2 (and now finding Vol. 3 - 5 cheap and in great condition are going to be a pain in the ass), Redline Blu-ray and Detroit Metal City (which is what's holding up my order, as Sentai seems to have not realized this series was going to sell like crazy).

Also waiting for RS to process my order of Code Geass Season 2, Zeta Gundam Collection 2 and Yawara! A Fashionable Judo Girl.

#40 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:00 AM

Not sure if I got a good deal.
Posted Image
All this for a total of $205.
The Zelda master quest was brand new for $55
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#41 elessar123

elessar123

96.5% more WUB WUB

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

Posted Image

I would say no, personally.

#42 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

Posted Image

Yeah $205 for those 7 games doesn't seem that great to me. That's over $25 per game. Id imagine you can get the same games on ebay for cheaper. Great games just a little over priced.

needler420.png

#43 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:04 PM

Id imagine you can get the same games on ebay for cheaper.

Probably the first two .hack games, yeah. But Parts 3 and 4 seem to be more difficult to find and sellers ask a lot more for them.

Thankfully, I had bought all four parts as they came out. Now G.U. is a whole other story...

#44 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:05 PM

Posted Image

Looks like my postman forgot one. Had to drive all the way back to hand it to me, lol. I'm so glad my postman is nice.
Posted Image

Edited by Squarehard, 07 December 2012 - 10:19 PM.

mew.gif?t=1406933044mew2.gif?t=1406933043

#45 needler420

needler420

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

Probably the first two .hack games, yeah. But Parts 3 and 4 seem to be more difficult to find and sellers ask a lot more for them.

Thankfully, I had bought all four parts as they came out. Now G.U. is a whole other story...

I played the first one infection right after it came out. When I was a kid.

I still have the original strategy guide from when I had the game.

It was a good RPG but I doub't ill buy them back again. Now they are cult classic status and the RPG elites and anime fans go goo goo ga ga for them. Drove up the price for them.

They are extremely time consuming games so many people that buy them today won't even experience the game. I'd imagine most of them get it and add it to their collection of stuff they will only ever look at. Maybe if their lucky get past the title menu and tutorials.

needler420.png

#46 KtMack23

KtMack23

Retired from CAGing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 03:16 AM

Posted Image

I'd say yes. Part 4 of dot hack is $80 by itself, and the sealed copy if master quest is a huge value IMO. Maybe not now, but in a year or two I could see that fetching $205 by itself.

#47 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:29 AM

Took advantage of that nice Gamestop trade in deal. Decided to snag this while I was there. Seems to be getting around $100 on eBay :D

Posted Image

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Red Dead, Ghosts :xb1: Watch Dogs

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead S2

#48 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:32 AM

Thanks for the feedback guys. I've checked all the disc, manual and condition of all the games and they were all very good, which made me pick it up right on the spot.
Plus, it is kinda hard nowadays to find all .hack series in one spot!
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#49 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 06:58 PM

First post in any kind of these threads..

So far:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Both used from eBay. Came to like £8-9 in total.

Had CoD3 at launch and kinda always wanted it again so thought i'd rebuy. Never played Rage but always looked interesting to me.

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#50 kermit036

kermit036

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:05 AM

Thanks to the Gamestop promo I traded in Assassin's Creed 3, Portal 2, and SSBB for $79. With that and what seems to be Gamestop's sale for Wii games before they start pitching the cases (30% off titles if you buy 6 or more ) I was able to pick all this stuff up and get some change left on my card.

Posted Image

I picked up the used copy of Battalion Wars, but the guy handed me back a new copy. I have had some great luck picking up used Nintendo games with unused Nintendo Points, so this should get me a good chunk of points.

#51 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:31 AM

I'd say yes. Part 4 of dot hack is $80 by itself, and the sealed copy if master quest is a huge value IMO. Maybe not now, but in a year or two I could see that fetching $205 by itself.

Master Quest lost some steam a few years ago, it used to sell for a lot more. Who knows if it really will go back up but it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay. A sealed copy is a big plus, If memory serves me correct, I think I got it by pre-ordering and picking up LoZ:Ocarina of Time on the N64. It's been so long, somewhere around 13-14 years ago. >_<

#52 Olengie

Olengie

Yukari & Rise are the Best Girls.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:06 AM

Thanks to the Gamestop promo I traded in Assassin's Creed 3, Portal 2, and SSBB for $79. With that and what seems to be Gamestop's sale for Wii games before they start pitching the cases (30% off titles if you buy 6 or more ) I was able to pick all this stuff up and get some change left on my card.

Posted Image

I picked up the used copy of Battalion Wars, but the guy handed me back a new copy. I have had some great luck picking up used Nintendo games with unused Nintendo Points, so this should get me a good chunk of points.

There's a sale on Wii titles? Hmm, I need to get in on that. :lol:

gallery_349297_8234_6637.jpg

Designed By Lilchiji

Spoiler

Spoiler

#53 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

Master Quest lost some steam a few years ago, it used to sell for a lot more. Who knows if it really will go back up but it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay. A sealed copy is a big plus, If memory serves me correct, I think I got it by pre-ordering and picking up LoZ:Ocarina of Time on the N64. It's been so long, somewhere around 13-14 years ago. >_<

The OoT/Master Quest disc came from pre-ordering Wind Waker. :p Kinda impossible to release a GameCube package during the N64's life.

#54 skiizim

skiizim

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

The OoT/Master Quest disc came from pre-ordering Wind Waker. :p Kinda impossible to release a GameCube package during the N64's life.

lol....Duh:roll: One of my blonde moments, I was on the right track.

#55 Obiwan456

Obiwan456

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hmm, might have to look into Wii sale. Plenty of games I still haven't picked up.

#56 ROB64

ROB64

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 07:52 PM

Got all this at a yard sale:
Posted Image

I'm tempted to keep it all (:D) but I think it will be better off going to my niece.
Posted Image

#57 Barney

Barney

Barnito Knows Best!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:03 PM

I picked up Ranma 1/2 season 3 hard battle

Posted Image

Posted Image

#58 Tsukento

Tsukento

King of Pirates

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Went across the street to pick up a few Wii games, myself.
Posted Image

Might head to another on payday to pick up Dragon Quest Swords and Rhythm Heaven Fever. Heard quite a lot of mixed stuff about ToS: DotNW, so if that doesn't sit well with me, then I'll exchange it for Pikmin.

#59 thenexus6

thenexus6

more human than human

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image

Does this count? Pre order from Amazon and its on its way to me. Amazon says 18 isn't out until March which sucks if true..

Blade_Runner_2-1.jpg

the-nexus6.png

I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee.
https://twitter.com/saunderscowie

#60 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:01 AM

You should try to post actual pictures of your pickups, not just stock images.

453605.png
TheTsel.png