Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
500 replies to this topic

#181 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

Oh I missed the alcohol conversation. I haven't been drinking much lately but I just picked up a bottle of scotch Macallan 12 year to be exact. Its awesome stuff. Never had scotch before.

Posted Image

#182 LinkinPrime

LinkinPrime

Always in our hearts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:59 AM

Not sure as to the nature of the Kindle failures, but as a heads up, make sure to keep it away from laptops and other such electronics. My wife's Kindle failed after we went on a long trip and she put in a bag against her laptop. Couldn't get it to turn on after that, but we originally thought it was the airport x-rays. Recently we took another trip, this time no airports were involved, and she did the same thing and figured it was the laptop.

WTH? That sounds odd. I have mine next to my smartphone all the time without issues...then again its a smartphone and not a laptop.

P R O V E H I T O   I N   A L T U M

LinkinPrime.jpg

30stmsymbols.png

#183 SneakyPenguin

SneakyPenguin

Agent of SHIELD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

I want that Metroid Prime Trilogy but I don't want to spend that much on it. I fucked up bad not getting it when it was common.

By four o'clock I've discounted suicide in favor of killing everyone else in the entire world instead.

#184 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:34 AM

I tried playing those games with motion controls, and I just couldn't do it.

Posted Image

#185 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

I recently started looking for a new job again. I was looking to move within my current company so I could get my standard raise they owe me and they recently told me it would have to wait until March at the earliest, but more likely in September. I've been spending roughly an hour a day looking for jobs at my desk. Fun.
Posted Image

#186 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:06 AM

Jeeze, I remember those days...

#187 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Morning, OTT.

Glad to see you all survived the Apocalypse...unless we are all dead and just don't realize it.

:whee:

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

Grammar: The difference between knowing your sh*t and knowing you're sh*t.

#188 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

How do we know the world was supposed to end at midnight for the eastern time zone? What if it's actually 11:59pm? We still have 13 1/2 hours to go.

card.png

#189 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

Mayans were early risers.

My Trade list:

http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=173460
Going dark on the internet for two weeks during move.

#190 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

How do we know the world was supposed to end at midnight for the eastern time zone? What if it's actually 11:59pm? We still have 13 1/2 hours to go.

06:12 EST on 12/21/2012 to be exact.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#191 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

I should have said Maya, time to make a second cup of joe.

My Trade list:

#192 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:38 PM

I've had 2 cups today...it's done nothing!!!!

Thinking a Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak will help.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#193 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:46 PM

Something I read a while ago, but what if the world doesn't end in 2012 like we thought? What if all this time we've been holding the calendar upside down and the world actually ends in 5015?

card.png

#194 eldergamer

eldergamer

Gold Star For Robot Boy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:18 PM

One kindle fire was just due to kids dropping/throwing it. We have hardwood floors.
We got a gumdrop case for it after that. Second failure was due to the battery not holding a charge anymore it seemed..

I have a co-worker who seriously believes in astrology, alien visits, anything on Coast to Coast AM. "This is just the end of the Mayan cycle, now it is a time of change and rebirth. As we enter the age of Aquarius......"
People at work love just rolling their eyes at her or trolling her.

MC-2SD-Out.png<

#195 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:26 PM

One kindle fire was just due to kids dropping/throwing it. We have hardwood floors.
We got a gumdrop case for it after that. Second failure was due to the battery not holding a charge anymore it seemed..

I have a co-worker who seriously believes in astrology, alien visits, anything on Coast to Coast AM. "This is just the end of the Mayan cycle, now it is a time of change and rebirth. As we enter the age of Aquarius......"
People at work love just rolling their eyes at her or trolling her.

Did you have them replaced? My wife's kindle was acting kinda wonkey battery-wise. I'm just wondering if we're going to have to have it replaced.

#196 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:05 PM

I personally do not have a problem with the NRA or any lobby group for that matter...people can beleive what they want and I'll have my own opinions regardless.

However, blaming video games...are they REALLY going there? Did they just play that card?

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#197 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:17 PM

I don't agree with it either, as I've been playing violent games all my life and I'm probably the least violent person you'll meet.

However, you have to admit that we do have a culture of violence, and is the media not a part of our culture? Still, it's no more to blame than our gun-obsessed culture is either.

#198 GuyWithGun

GuyWithGun

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

WTH? That sounds odd. I have mine next to my smartphone all the time without issues...then again its a smartphone and not a laptop.

Yeah, definitely weird. I have to carry a radio for work, and on more than one occasion I have had many things to carry, and I placed my smartphone and radio together, and my phone went black. I took it away and it turned on again, but every time I placed them together touching, my phone would black out.
Posted Image

Thanks to Tiphireth for the help and modium for the pics.

#199 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:32 PM

I don't agree with it either, as I've been playing violent games all my life and I'm probably the least violent person you'll meet.

However, you have to admit that we do have a culture of violence, and is the media not a part of our culture? Still, it's no more to blame than our gun-obsessed culture is either.

I agree that there is a culture of violence and the media sensationalizes it, no question. This just reeks of the "Hey don't blame us, blame the other guy" argument. They're better than that.

Police in schools, funded by the Government and the NRA(I added that because they do want to help, right?). Absolutely should be discussed.

Arming Principals and Teachers...definately not. My kids are annoying and would be shot!

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#200 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:38 PM

I don't know. There are many documented problems with having police in schools. Many inner city school already resemble prisons and I don't know if it's a good idea to expand on that.
HOWEVER, I think it might be a good idea to get volunteers to do the job, similar to volunteer firefighters. There are many ex-military/ex-police/ex-security people who are parents/grandparents and I'd be they'd be more than willing to do it. Also, the NRA has offered to pay for the training of anyone who would be willing to do this.

#201 h3llbring3r

h3llbring3r

Mecha Cocksmas 2 all

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:00 PM

I'm just waiting on someone to find a steamID, gamertag, or the like and pick apart his gaming history. All the industry needs is to see cut scenes from Dead Space 2 shooting up the mutated first-graders and babies or the airport scene from MW on a MSM/cable news loop.

Hysteria and knee-jerk reactions just pile-on and encourage the sh*t legislation- maybe Al & Tipper Gore can fire up the PMRC again and start going after gaming, I'm sure a fair share of both parties will join in.

My Trade list:

#202 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

I don't know. There are many documented problems with having police in schools. Many inner city school already resemble prisons and I don't know if it's a good idea to expand on that.
HOWEVER, I think it might be a good idea to get volunteers to do the job, similar to volunteer firefighters. There are many ex-military/ex-police/ex-security people who are parents/grandparents and I'd be they'd be more than willing to do it. Also, the NRA has offered to pay for the training of anyone who would be willing to do this.

That's the thing...you don't hear about these horrific school shooting happening in the inner cities. I have heard the idea of ex-military...I like that.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#203 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:49 PM

It seems to me that members of the NRA are probably more likely then most to let their kids play Call of Duty and the like at an early age, so it seems like the NRA is attacking their own members. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Crunchewy.png

#204 Rocko

Rocko

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

So is Black Ops 2 good, or should I buy MW3?

#205 Crunchewy

Crunchewy

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:49 PM

Is there a Blu-Ray version of the original Star Wars Trilogy, theatrical release? You know, Han shoots first and all that. Or are we stuck with the new and "improved" versions on Blu-Ray?

Crunchewy.png

#206 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

At least it seemed like most places around here were prepared for the snow by salting the highways and such this morning when it first started.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#207 Number83

Number83

¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:04 PM

Is there a Blu-Ray version of the original Star Wars Trilogy, theatrical release? You know, Han shoots first and all that. Or are we stuck with the new and "improved" versions on Blu-Ray?

Only version of the Theatrical Version ever released was on VHS Tape (First Release, not the Silver Box Trilogy) and on LaserDisc.

Thats it.

550797.png

signature-bar-white.gif

#208 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:05 PM

*whoop whoop whoop*

Nerd alert!

#209 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:12 PM

I still haven't seen Star Wars.

#210 JJSP

JJSP

Beyond economical repair.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:49 PM

Anyone here own a Roku? Considering picking one up (either that or an AppleTV, but I like the idea of channels) to replace my $110/mo Time Warner Cable.