Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, at least I have one day off this week.

I started playing Saints Row 2 (since it was free) it's not bad, but my fingers keep switching to GTA controls for things. Shame it doesn't have any trophies.

Mark of the Ninja is fantastic. I did some work on it during certification and it remains one of the best games I've ever worked on. I bought it full price the day it went on Steam.

And yet -another- call to the HVAC/restoration guys. So, you guys are coming out today, right? Because it's after one, and you said you'd be here on Friday.....

There is no way they honor it, but I did just drop 200 at Dicks on some nice shit. 50 percent off makes a lot of items very appealing.

[quote name='Number83']Hope I get to go see The Hobbit tomorrow and in 48 FPS...wonder if it will make me nauseous.[/QUOTE]

The closest 48 FPS theater near me is like 2 hours away. Wilmington and Winston-Salem have compatible theaters, but Raleigh doesn't.

It kind of sucks because I would like to check it out in 48 FPS and 3D.

Going to Vegas in first-class tomorrow as a Christmas present and I'll be there till Tuesday. Anyone have any suggestions on stuff do besides the obvious gambling?

I've looked into shows but most don't interest me. I have tickets to see The Amazing Johnathan and then I'm hoping to go see Andrew Dice Clay too.

VS is the nadir of CAG, fucking Jake was a better progun control foil and there are a few reesoniblt intelligent people in there. Drinks for everybody

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I'm surprised nobody has told us to fuck off back to the OTT yet.

How you doin', h3llbring3r?[/QUOTE]
Between slightly fucked up and really fucked up!! Hahha

My wife's corporate kickball team won three games Ina row ( they suck) celebration is over but not for me- didn't fInish that handle of bourbon from thanksgiving but gonna try tonight- autocorrect rocks when your drinking it fucking knows what I am thinking! And van rhyme

Adam Sandler= old n busted

Jon Stewart= new hotness

Can I interest you in Hanukkah?
Maybe something in a festival of lights?
It's a sensible alternative to Christmas
And it lasts for seven--for you? Eight niiiiiights

My mom usually does the same as Thanksgiving minus the whole turkey, stuffing, yams, etc.. It's usually just a turkey breast, ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, rolls, pasta salad, etc.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Just the breast is a helluva lot easier than cooking a whole one. It helps that just about everyone in our family prefers white meat over dark.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm...I shall look into this!

It's always ham here. We;ll probably have some sweet potatoes, sticky buns and maybe some greens with it.

New year's day, though is black eyed peas and neckbones. Every year.

[quote name='eldergamer']
New year's day, though is black eyed peas and neckbones. Every year.[/QUOTE]
Same here, except salt pork in the collards ($) and BEPs (luck).

[quote name='h3llbring3r']fuck. I hurt all over. Mykevermin called me a nazi last night, WTF?[/QUOTE]

Where? In the vs forum? I'm surprised that dude hangs out there.

[quote name='munch']Where? In the vs forum? I'm surprised that dude hangs out there.[/QUOTE]
Are you serious Clark? He and DoughDoh like to sit on high in that heap. :lol:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, I love all that, but we're just two people and that seems like overkill.

Plus, neither of us have ever cooked a turkey.[/QUOTE]
Slow cooker over night and done. If you want some extra flavor use either chicken or vegetable stock

Was always told to put cash under the plate for money in the new year. Some sort of southern tradition I guess.

There's like very specific un-written rules in the vs forum. You must argue in a certain way, never stray off topic, and always agree with the traditional democratic positions 100%. Any slight deviation makes you a racist, or facisist or libertarian or some other category of which you're assigned to.

[quote name='eldergamer']Was always told to put cash under the plate for money in the new year. Some sort of southern tradition I guess.

There's like very specific un-written rules in the vs forum. You must argue in a certain way, never stray off topic, and always agree with the traditional democratic positions 100%. Any slight deviation makes you a racist, or facisist or libertarian or some other category of which you're assigned to.[/QUOTE]
DohDough is usually the first one to scream racist or sexist or anything like that first. fucker jumped on me because I called a bitch dyke that me and my ex were staying with a bitch dyke

[quote name='eldergamer']Was always told to put cash under the plate for money in the new year. Some sort of southern tradition I guess.[/QUOTE]

Where I live everyone eats pork and sauerkraut on New Years Day.

38911-2FH65VK

If anyone wants to see Skyfall for free, type that code into activaterewards.com/skyfall. Had extra codes from my Bond BD's, and I don't plan on seeing the movie again in the theater.

Christmas food is tamales. Yum.

Just got back from touring Candlestick Park, the 49ers stadium. It was beautiful.

The weather sucks, don't really feel like going, but it's time to drink and party.

Vs forum gets boring real fast, regardless of whether or not you beat them up like debating masters. They keep throwing out racist and "fence sitter" all the time on anybody who isn't as Democrat as humanly possible. Not democrat? Slap. Not democrat enough? Slap. Are democrat but disagree with one thing? Double slap and called a "fence sitter".

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I thought about making beef wellington but then I found out what it actually was...no thanks.[/QUOTE]

I've never had it, but it looks really good when they make it on Hell's Kitchen.

Well, looks like I'll be going to see GWAR alone next Friday. Two of my best friends are busy. One is going out of state for family shit and the other his "girlfriend" is in town

Lightning just struck so close to my house that I thought there had been an explosion in my house. I had my 7.1 headset on at 3/4 volume to boot.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've never had it, but it looks really good when they make it on Hell's Kitchen.[/QUOTE]

The Hell's Kitchen restaurant only makes two things - beef wellington and risotto.

Going to fancy brunch with the wife. Sans kids.
Then off to work. Then home to sleep. Up earlier than usual this morning.

9 days till Christmas. Done with most shopping except for possibly some extended family stuff.

Well, shit. I should have know a 90% discount was too good to be true. Received this cancellation notice from amazon this morning.

We have oversold this item. We have a nightly upload of quantity available and price on Amazon. Last night we had an error in our upload which transposed the quantity field with the price field. Instead of 9 in stock at $98 and it uploaded as 98 in stock at $9. We are sorry for any inconvenience our error has caused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back