Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Aftershock does have that ability. At least the after puke breathe with that is tolerable compared to anything else that has alcohol in it lol. Another side effect from the toilet stain is that its a great way to get a laugh off of someone that thinks they're puking blood. Tho, if I'm gonna drink any type of cinnamon schnapps, its going to be Goldschlager. Order a Golden Nazi (jager and golschlager) at a bar and watch peoples reactions. Same goes for my favorite drink a red headed slut

And yeah, SoCo is nasty. Its gotta be the peach flavoring they use. I will admit that I've been tempted to try the one with lime and the other one with black cherry. But not tempted enough to bother.

SoCo has made it hard for me to drink anything but gin at this point. I used to be a bourbon guy but after a friend shoved SoCo and lime into my hands I haven't been able to touch whisky.

I can relate. For about 3-4 years I was rum (summer) and vodka (winter) only when I wasn't drinking beer. I attribute that to all the garbage I drank leading up to that protracted beverage pallete cleansing.

I rarely drink anymore, I have assorted beers that I've been sitting on for months including an octobfest as well as half a bottle of Jameson

I'm not much of a beer drinker at all. Hard liquor has gotten way too expensive lately now that the state has gotten out of the business.
I do enjoy a bottle of red wine, though.

And I'm not going any where near a retail store for another 8 days. Maybe the grocery store, but I'd prefer to even avoid that if possible.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']SoCo has made it hard for me to drink anything but gin at this point. I used to be a bourbon guy but after a friend shoved SoCo and lime into my hands I haven't been able to touch whisky.[/QUOTE]
Gin is something that I hate with a purple passion. I will admit that the only exceptions are long islands and gin and tonic. Tho with gin and tonic it can only be Tanquray or better. I guess for some reason, gin tastes like celery to me, and that taste makes me wanna wretch

I finally pop in max Payne 3 and the DVD drive won't read the second disc to install. What's really weird is that when I go to have details it sometimes shows a kingdom of keflings instead. When I press play now, it loads aegis wing.

Shit, I gotta stop buying stuff on Amazon.
No, I gotta stop checking Slickdeals. All these toy deals for thiings that are $4 or $5 are starting to add up. Should be getting about 6 packages on the 22nd or 23rd now.

And there's even MORE Thomas engines on sale.....

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Surprised no one did a doomsday OTT, or OTTpocalypse.[/QUOTE]

Did it already pass, shit I'm late!

Morning, OTT.

So I finally got that new job within this company that I applied for...now all of a sudden they found the money and want to pay me what I'm worth?!?! Well guess what? It's too late. Should have done it when I needed it the most.

So they are PO'd because they can't beleive that someone in this world would rather do something they like for less money as opposed to doing something they hate for more money and not going to make my transition easy...but the joke is on them.

I have 30 days until I assume my new role, and 12 days vacation I still need to use for this year by January 30. They can leave a message.

At the Univ oncologist office wIth FIL and someone is going apeshit at the check-in desk they got here at 8:30 (half hour before us) and I think they are about to call security. I'd video it but I really empathize. If security comes I will, for both her sake and the offices.

Typing furiously trying to appear uninterested. Awkward.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

So I finally got that new job within this company that I applied for...now all of a sudden they found the money and want to pay me what I'm worth?!?! Well guess what? It's too late. Should have done it when I needed it the most.

So they are PO'd because they can't beleive that someone in this world would rather do something they like for less money as opposed to doing something they hate for more money and not going to make my transition easy...but the joke is on them.

I have 30 days until I assume my new role, and 12 days vacation I still need to use for this year by January 30. They can leave a message.[/QUOTE]

So new job in a different deparment of the same employer?

83 is a capitalist swine, "studies "show most people aren't motivated by salary increases and bonuses. Seriously though, good on you- you've got college tuition on your horizon, no?

So the couple left before sec' got here, she was crying. Another dude just got up and left loudly saying bullshit- glad there is wifi.

Make a makeshift armor for it, I'm sure it is possible to do with a little effort.

Also, sicknesses and various illnesses are killing everyone around me :rofl:

[quote name='GuyWithGun']So new job in a different deparment of the same employer?[/QUOTE]

Yup...I'm moving from IT to the business side.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']83 is a capitalist swine, "studies "show most people aren't motivated by salary increases and bonuses. Seriously though, good on you- you've got college tuition on your horizon, no?

[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have one in college now. That was part of my motivation...The outsourcing to India here is getting ridiculous. The department I am going to cannot do that, so it's more secure.

[quote name='eldergamer']We are now on our third kindle in twelve months. Kids are hard on that thing.[/QUOTE]

Not sure as to the nature of the Kindle failures, but as a heads up, make sure to keep it away from laptops and other such electronics. My wife's Kindle failed after we went on a long trip and she put in a bag against her laptop. Couldn't get it to turn on after that, but we originally thought it was the airport x-rays. Recently we took another trip, this time no airports were involved, and she did the same thing and figured it was the laptop.

[quote name='Number83']Yup...I'm moving from IT to the business side.[/QUOTE]

Good on you. Hopefully it'll be a nice transition after the move and you'll be more appreciated.

Oh I missed the alcohol conversation. I haven't been drinking much lately but I just picked up a bottle of scotch Macallan 12 year to be exact. Its awesome stuff. Never had scotch before.

[quote name='GuyWithGun']Not sure as to the nature of the Kindle failures, but as a heads up, make sure to keep it away from laptops and other such electronics. My wife's Kindle failed after we went on a long trip and she put in a bag against her laptop. Couldn't get it to turn on after that, but we originally thought it was the airport x-rays. Recently we took another trip, this time no airports were involved, and she did the same thing and figured it was the laptop.
[/QUOTE]

WTH? That sounds odd. I have mine next to my smartphone all the time without issues...then again its a smartphone and not a laptop.

I recently started looking for a new job again. I was looking to move within my current company so I could get my standard raise they owe me and they recently told me it would have to wait until March at the earliest, but more likely in September. I've been spending roughly an hour a day looking for jobs at my desk. Fun.

How do we know the world was supposed to end at midnight for the eastern time zone? What if it's actually 11:59pm? We still have 13 1/2 hours to go.

[quote name='JStryke']How do we know the world was supposed to end at midnight for the eastern time zone? What if it's actually 11:59pm? We still have 13 1/2 hours to go.[/QUOTE]

06:12 EST on 12/21/2012 to be exact.

Something I read a while ago, but what if the world doesn't end in 2012 like we thought? What if all this time we've been holding the calendar upside down and the world actually ends in 5015?

One kindle fire was just due to kids dropping/throwing it. We have hardwood floors.
We got a gumdrop case for it after that. Second failure was due to the battery not holding a charge anymore it seemed..

I have a co-worker who seriously believes in astrology, alien visits, anything on Coast to Coast AM. "This is just the end of the Mayan cycle, now it is a time of change and rebirth. As we enter the age of Aquarius......"
People at work love just rolling their eyes at her or trolling her.

[quote name='eldergamer']One kindle fire was just due to kids dropping/throwing it. We have hardwood floors.
We got a gumdrop case for it after that. Second failure was due to the battery not holding a charge anymore it seemed..

I have a co-worker who seriously believes in astrology, alien visits, anything on Coast to Coast AM. "This is just the end of the Mayan cycle, now it is a time of change and rebirth. As we enter the age of Aquarius......"
People at work love just rolling their eyes at her or trolling her.[/QUOTE]

Did you have them replaced? My wife's kindle was acting kinda wonkey battery-wise. I'm just wondering if we're going to have to have it replaced.

I personally do not have a problem with the NRA or any lobby group for that matter...people can beleive what they want and I'll have my own opinions regardless.

However, blaming video games...are they REALLY going there? Did they just play that card?

I don't agree with it either, as I've been playing violent games all my life and I'm probably the least violent person you'll meet.

However, you have to admit that we do have a culture of violence, and is the media not a part of our culture? Still, it's no more to blame than our gun-obsessed culture is either.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']WTH? That sounds odd. I have mine next to my smartphone all the time without issues...then again its a smartphone and not a laptop.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, definitely weird. I have to carry a radio for work, and on more than one occasion I have had many things to carry, and I placed my smartphone and radio together, and my phone went black. I took it away and it turned on again, but every time I placed them together touching, my phone would black out.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I don't agree with it either, as I've been playing violent games all my life and I'm probably the least violent person you'll meet.

However, you have to admit that we do have a culture of violence, and is the media not a part of our culture? Still, it's no more to blame than our gun-obsessed culture is either.[/QUOTE]

I agree that there is a culture of violence and the media sensationalizes it, no question. This just reeks of the "Hey don't blame us, blame the other guy" argument. They're better than that.

Police in schools, funded by the Government and the NRA(I added that because they do want to help, right?). Absolutely should be discussed.

Arming Principals and Teachers...definately not. My kids are annoying and would be shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back