Put On Your Yarmulke, Here Comes HanukkOTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know. There are many documented problems with having police in schools. Many inner city school already resemble prisons and I don't know if it's a good idea to expand on that.
HOWEVER, I think it might be a good idea to get volunteers to do the job, similar to volunteer firefighters. There are many ex-military/ex-police/ex-security people who are parents/grandparents and I'd be they'd be more than willing to do it. Also, the NRA has offered to pay for the training of anyone who would be willing to do this.

I'm just waiting on someone to find a steamID, gamertag, or the like and pick apart his gaming history. All the industry needs is to see cut scenes from Dead Space 2 shooting up the mutated first-graders and babies or the airport scene from MW on a MSM/cable news loop.

Hysteria and knee-jerk reactions just pile-on and encourage the sh*t legislation- maybe Al & Tipper Gore can fire up the PMRC again and start going after gaming, I'm sure a fair share of both parties will join in.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']I don't know. There are many documented problems with having police in schools. Many inner city school already resemble prisons and I don't know if it's a good idea to expand on that.
HOWEVER, I think it might be a good idea to get volunteers to do the job, similar to volunteer firefighters. There are many ex-military/ex-police/ex-security people who are parents/grandparents and I'd be they'd be more than willing to do it. Also, the NRA has offered to pay for the training of anyone who would be willing to do this.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing...you don't hear about these horrific school shooting happening in the inner cities. I have heard the idea of ex-military...I like that.

It seems to me that members of the NRA are probably more likely then most to let their kids play Call of Duty and the like at an early age, so it seems like the NRA is attacking their own members. Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Is there a Blu-Ray version of the original Star Wars Trilogy, theatrical release? You know, Han shoots first and all that. Or are we stuck with the new and "improved" versions on Blu-Ray?

At least it seemed like most places around here were prepared for the snow by salting the highways and such this morning when it first started.

[quote name='crunchewy']Is there a Blu-Ray version of the original Star Wars Trilogy, theatrical release? You know, Han shoots first and all that. Or are we stuck with the new and "improved" versions on Blu-Ray?[/QUOTE]

Only version of the Theatrical Version ever released was on VHS Tape (First Release, not the Silver Box Trilogy) and on LaserDisc.

Thats it.

Anyone here own a Roku? Considering picking one up (either that or an AppleTV, but I like the idea of channels) to replace my $110/mo Time Warner Cable.

Splitting head aches, body breaking down...I think I may be getting hit with multiple illnesses at once. :rofl: Maybe the end of the world wasn't going to be specifically today, but STARTED today.

From now on anybody who gets sick is never going to get better, and slowly the population will die out.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone here own a Roku? Considering picking one up (either that or an AppleTV, but I like the idea of channels) to replace my $110/mo Time Warner Cable.[/QUOTE]

I do. I like it a lot. I use it mostly for Netflix though. Crackle is really good too.

I haven't had cable since college, more than six years ago.

[quote name='JJSP']Anyone here own a Roku? Considering picking one up (either that or an AppleTV, but I like the idea of channels) to replace my $110/mo Time Warner Cable.[/QUOTE]

I bought one for my parents for Christmas. Microcenter has them on sale online. Got the xd for 56 shipped.

The missus and I got a Roku this week. Pretty nice so far but apparently some of her Hulu Plus shows won't stream to Roku devices (but that's because Hulu is a shitty company, not Roku's fault).

I set up one for my Mom and a friend who dropped cable (we are sharing the big 3 pay streaming services and HBO) it impressed me with it's quality, simplicity and easy set up.

Our LG TV has the apps for all the same services (except for some of the channels) or I would have one- and I still want one for the BR.

@SP Hulu has got to renegotiate those contracts, I've seen some that pop-up in the TV's Hulu Plus App with "web browser only" too. It somehow recognizes the flash in the TV's browser mode and blocks it as well.

I'd considered the AppleTV for AirPlay and mirroring from my iPad/Mac, but it seems like I can do the same thing with Plex. That and the Roku is half price - I figure that's almost half a year of Hulu I can pay for instead.

[quote name='Number83']Only version of the Theatrical Version ever released was on VHS Tape (First Release, not the Silver Box Trilogy) and on LaserDisc.

Thats it.[/QUOTE]
I have a VHS copy of the trilogy that came out in like '94. My partner has the LaserDisc versions that hes holding onto dear life fire lol

[quote name='Rocko']Anyone tried the Nike Fuelband? Looks interesting.[/QUOTE]
I owned one. Kinda cool, but way overpriced for what you get. Really hard to get a proper reading if you tend to talk with your hands since its all by movement.

[quote name='Number83']That's the thing...you don't hear about these horrific school shooting happening in the inner cities. I have heard the idea of ex-military...I like that.[/QUOTE]
My H.S had an armed police officer. She had her own office, delt with the random fights and so forth. If you're a mad lunatic with a gun, do you try to shoot up the school with a Glock 9 at the front office? Probably not.

[quote name='cfootball1']My H.S had an armed police officer. She had her own office, delt with the random fights and so forth. If you're a mad lunatic with a gun, do you try to shoot up the school with a Glock 9 at the front office? Probably not.[/QUOTE]
The armed guard at my high school made Matthew McConaugheys character from Dazed and Confused look rather tame. I'm surprised the guy never got slapped with a lawsuit.

And I just took a look at the Steam deal thread for the first time ever. Is it me, or do people seem to try and get away with bloody murder with any possible glitches? Then again, comprehension isn't my strong point at the moment due to some cough medicine for an incoming cold

To clarify: I've had problems with the Kindle Fire, not the plain Kindle. Purchasing the SquareTrade Warranty was well worth it. (On our third kindle)

Crazy people going to be crazy and aren't going to be deterred by police, military, or even Batman. They're crazy. Having armed police there might slow them, down however. (Not armed teachers)
The using ex-military guys is a little problematic. All it's going to take is just one guy with PTSD for the whole system to turn on itself.

[quote name='eldergamer']To clarify: I've had problems with the Kindle Fire, not the plain Kindle. Purchasing the SquareTrade Warranty was well worth it. (On our third kindle)

Crazy people going to be crazy and aren't going to be deterred by police, military, or even Batman. They're crazy. Having armed police there might slow them, down however. (Not armed teachers)
The using ex-military guys is a little problematic. All it's going to take is just one guy with PTSD for the whole system to turn on itself.[/QUOTE]
Thats exactly what I was thinking about using military vets. I doubt anyone would be willing to go on record as saying that tho without someone calling them "un-American" and what not. Either way, pretty much every damn suggestion is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction at this point

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Whut? It did when I set up those two a while back, did they stop?[/QUOTE]

I forgot to include that I have Directv.

I have to say, Amazon has been highly competitive this Christmas. I bought a ton of stuff I wasn't expecting to this holiday season. That includes...

Colberts new book, America Again - $4
I just bought the new Stephen King book, 11/22/63 - $4
A two foot wide, talking Angry Birds Pillow - $24
Castle Ravenloft Board Game - $28
The Dominion super box - $60

And I got so many $1 and $2 movie credits I saved up $15 in free rentals.

Amazon had some great deals on toys over Christmas well.
Lots of Thomas and Fisher Price things showing up for 50-75% off.
You wouldn't notice them unless you were watching Slickdeals, and some "sales" lasted a few days, and some only seemed to go for a few hours.

Morning. Nearly afternoon.

Why do they let some of thse NFL's play?
The 4-10 Team vs the 5-9 and Team. The battle for the worse losing season begins now!

So does morrowind for the Xbox hold up? I'm thinking about getting it. I don't have a pc, otherwise I'd play it on that.

[quote name='munch']So does morrowind for the Xbox hold up? I'm thinking about getting it. I don't have a pc, otherwise I'd play it on that.[/QUOTE]

For the Original Xbox, not really...I fired it up for old time sake, and between the crazy long load times and the graphics clipping, it's best left to memories of being groundbreaking.

PC on the other hand, but you don't have that so...

Got everything wrapped. Except the wife's stuff. But those are things she bought for herself online, some of which have already been worn.
90% of the gifts under the tree are for the kids anyway. As it should be.

Merry Christmas one and all.

[quote name='Number83']For the Original Xbox, not really...I fired it up for old time sake, and between the crazy long load times and the graphics clipping, it's best left to memories of being groundbreaking.

PC on the other hand, but you don't have that so...[/QUOTE]

I'm thinking about grabbing it in Steam for $5 right now. You can use mods to really spruce up the graphics, right? I'll have a proper pc one of these days...

I was reading through some old CAG blogs that I commented on when I came across this:

post_old.gif
The Mana Knight
status_offline.gif
- 12-27-2011, 09:15 PM

@MattJ1991 One girl loved me and gave me a hug constantly.

Needless to say, lulz were had.

I finished 8th. budge got 6th and didn't even adjust his lineup for injuries and byes most of the season. :whistle2:|

I did win the title in a different CAG league and finished 2nd in another.

I had a good ffootball year. In playoff in all three leagues I was in and finished champ, third, and forth.

Lucky you Mak. I'm chillin in shorts with my window open.

I had three hours to kill before dinner tonight. Finally watched the Dark Knight Rises. That's a bad movie. The only saving grace of that movie was Catwoman.

[quote name='Maklershed']You going to UFC 157 DT?[/QUOTE]Nah, too far. I live in Northern California a little south of the bay area. Besides I'm not a fan of womans MMA in the UFC. Dan and Lyodo should be the main event for that card.

[quote name='DT778']I had a good ffootball year. In playoff in all three leagues I was in and finished champ, third, and forth.

Lucky you Mak. I'm chillin in shorts with my window open.[/QUOTE]
I was killing it in both of my leagues for a good eight weeks or so and then everybody took a shit over the past few weeks. It didn't help that my opponents always seemed to have the hot guys every week.

This week, I scored 142 points and my opponent got 208 with Matt Ryan (38 pts), Ray Rice (25 pts), Dez Bryant (35 pts), Cincinnati (20), Julio Jones (16), Justin Blackmon (18), Antonio Gates (10), and Kenny Britt (11). My QB (Drew Brees) and Defense (Chicago) did better than his, but the rest did average numbers.

[quote name='Maklershed']Anyone else having a problem streaming Netflix right now?[/QUOTE]
I was at my brother's house this evening, and he had been trying to download A Christmas Story since 9am. It got up to 60% or so, then reset itself, and he had 12 minutes downloaded over the course of the next 4-5 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back