Photo
- - - - -

Toys R US 2 games for $70 free store pickup (far cry 3, black ops 2, see list in op!)

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

#181 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

^^^^Holy mega post Batman!! Next time a spoiler or link would be appreciated by us mobile viewers

#182 gaggil

gaggil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Went to ToysRus on the way to work expecting no stock on games.

I was surprised that they had all advertised games in stock!!!

There were at least 10 copies of FarCry in the glass case as well as a box of about 30 behind the counter where the registers are located.

They had just gotten stock in this morning.

This was the Raritan NJ location.

#183 Roguestriker

Roguestriker

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:44 PM

Tried to PM at BB but no go. I was too lazy to go to another BB in the opposite direction.

Did get the games at TRU but I wanted PC ver.
Posted Image

#184 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 11:52 PM

Tried to PM at BB but no go. I was too lazy to go to another BB in the opposite direction.

Did get the games at TRU but I wanted PC ver.

PROTIP
If you generally don't have good luck getting YMMV pm's doing the receipt post purchase pm generally will be your best bet.
It clearly shows all the details needed to get the match w/o the store having to do anything but allow or deny. Also, since you've already shown them that u will buy it no matter what u now have the "power of the $".

#185 McFryyyyyy

McFryyyyyy

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:45 AM

Mine got restock of BLOPS2 picked it up with Far Cry

Kamagii.png

#186 showtimefolks

showtimefolks

PRINCE OF DARKNESS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

i went to my toyrus it was quite busy. no copies of any good games for ps3 in sale. i picked up farcyr 3 for xbox360(had 2-3 copies)and dishonored.

no forza horizon
no call of duty

hoping for some good sales after Christmas

#187 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:24 AM

PROTIP
If you generally don't have good luck getting YMMV pm's doing the receipt post purchase pm generally will be your best bet.
It clearly shows all the details needed to get the match w/o the store having to do anything but allow or deny. Also, since you've already shown them that u will buy it no matter what u now have the "power of the $".

what is this receipt post purchase method pm you speak of?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#188 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:37 AM

Buy, and return with receipt to see if they will give you back the money after the purchase.

#189 CritcalJ

CritcalJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:41 AM

He shoots. He scores.

After dinner tonight, my wife and I stopped by TRU for some stocking stuffers.

I checked earlier in the week and the place was wiped out. There must have been a restock because BOP2 and FC3 were both in stock. FC3 was limited. I got two of the last three.

#190 Gertle627

Gertle627

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:17 AM

Well I finally found Far Cry 3 after about 4 trips to TRU. My wife went for me and was able to grab both games I wanted. It seemed like she got the last copy of FC3 and Blops2. But thats a good sign that my stores are getting new shipments. This was at The Forum location in San Antonio, TX

She did, indeed, get the last 2. I sold them to her, haha.

Went to my local tru today and didn't see a single game included in the sale for 360 in stock. They still claim they never got far cry 3 since its come out. So...why advertise it?!

Right, because the ad that is printed and distributed nationally should depend on the stock of your local store.

#191 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

I got 4 games today, 3 NFSMW for P3 and 1 BLOPS. PM at BB of course. I had no idea until I left because the manager already knew of the deal since his wife worked at TRU, PMed immediately, but gave me all 4 titles for 15 a piece.

Good guy indeed

#192 n00bie

n00bie

Grazing for cheap games

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:17 AM

How'd you get four games for $60? Am I missing something?

#193 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I got 4 games today, 3 NFSMW for P3 and 1 BLOPS. PM at BB of course. I had no idea until I left because the manager already knew of the deal since his wife worked at TRU, PMed immediately, but gave me all 4 titles for 15 a piece.

Good guy indeed

How'd you get four games for $60? Am I missing something?

NFS: MW is $40, so $50 off two of those is a total of $30 for both games. The manager must have just set all the prices to $15 so he wouldn't have to do a separate amount for BLOPS2

#194 eugaet

eugaet

1d20 to save vs CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Finally scored Far Cry 3 and Black Ops II today. With the Groupon, I paid a total of ~$65 for both games. Awesome deal!

Tradelist: LINK :: Strategy Guide Tradelist: LINK :: XBLA Code Tradelist: LINK

#195 TommyLove

TommyLove

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

Good guy indeed

I am jealous of your luck.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#196 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

If you really want BB to match something YMMV buy it from the other store & bring the receipt from that store to BB CS & get the match there.

Example: I can goto TRU & pick 2 games for $70 then goto BB with the TRU receipt & get them to match it. But the real benefit of doing it this way is that I can now get ANY two games for $70 not just the ones TRU has listed b/c I'm not pm'ing the ad. Just using the receipt to confirm that the deal is legit & valid.

I already have all the other titles from the TRU deal from BB using the $20 RZ offer so getting 2 copies of PS All-Star battle royale for $70 is a better deal.

Buy, and return with receipt to see if they will give you back the money after the purchase.

Not exactly^^^

#197 debbter

debbter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:16 PM

HEY TOYSRUS:

#198 chelosera91

chelosera91

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:56 PM

yes! finally after 3 trips I finally found Farcry 3, there were only 2 copies left and a few Black Ops 2. Can't wait to kill some tigers!
Posted Image

#199 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I just noticed that when I add Epic Mickey 2 and Halo 4 the grand total for store pick-up comes to $40. That's a win-win for me and my kids! Since Epic Mickey 2 is $40 and Halo 4 is $59 the $50 off comes off of the Halo game!

You mean the grand total comes to $50 i think and not $40. I'm not sure how it's working but I do notice that if you add two Epic Mickey's that it makes one of the games free. So two copies of Epic Mickey for $40 plus tax is pretty good.

Now playing:

:ps4: Last of Us: Remastered, inFAMOUS: First Light
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Gears of War 3

#200 Confidance

Confidance

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:10 AM

I am jealous of your luck.

I dunno, I had to let go of my girlfriend today :/ :roll:

#201 Spideypaul

Spideypaul

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:15 AM

You mean the grand total comes to $50 i think and not $40. I'm not sure how it's working but I do notice that if you add two Epic Mickey's that it makes one of the games free. So two copies of Epic Mickey for $40 plus tax is pretty good.

Sorry. My mistake. Feel silly. I'll get 2 of the Epic Mickeys though!

#202 Fukurou

Fukurou

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:17 AM

Got a partial win. Went to Best Buy, hoping to PM Halo 4 and get it at the sale price. $15 per copy. They noticed that the ad had Halo for $60, instead of $40 like they did. But they offered to sell them to me for $50. $25 per game. Not as good as I wanted, but still a great deal. I took it. Only later on did I notice she charged me $26 dollars each. Even so, I still did well. I traded in one of the copies for $38.40. I'll keep the second one.

#203 AAK_SO_COLD

AAK_SO_COLD

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:31 AM

Got a PM at Best Buy and he just took 25$ off black ops 2 and Far Cry 3! Used 40$ in reward zone certificates too. Stacked with Black ops sale price also.
Learn from the BEST :D