Photo
- - - - -

Street Fighter X Megaman is now available! FREE!

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#91 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:46 AM

Hopefully some nerd will port this to a .nes file or something.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#92 AFRO insomniac

AFRO insomniac

Pikmin 3 - Challenge Mode is DOPE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:02 AM

If you press enter in a level, there is a slew of F key functions to remap the controls and change screen size. Fixed any beef I had with the game, well aside from it requiring too much dedication to beat. Just got owned by an elevator in vipers stage...

Press start (Enter) and its either F3 or F4 you can customer your controls.

This game works great with no crashing or being slow. Its free so there really should not be any complaining at all. No save states? Hey its retro and shouldn't take more than a few hours for a normal gamer to beat!

If you click the R3 (right analog) then it'll work. Found that off from trial and error, lol.

Thanks for the tips guys. :D

Playing

Spoiler
2014 2013

#93 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:38 AM

Thanks guys. Excited to give this a go. Glad I kept my wired 360 controller.

#94 nitrosmob

nitrosmob

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 AM

I really can't say I like this game much. Enemies seem to take too many shots, jumping is slightly off and some levels are badly designed (such as the Blanka level with the real low roofs right next to the spikes and the Ryu Level....heck I could barely get up the first few ladders...)those enemies and the shooting mechanics slightly off makes it very hard to progress past the first 2 screens. It's nice and the music is awesome...but gameplay and level design leaves a lot to be desired.

#95 dejeckt

dejeckt

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:01 AM

Anyone else having this issue? I can run the game fine, and play on keyboard. However, whenever I try to use the controller, xbox 360 and saturn usb, it seems whatever the button for move 'left top corner' is stuck and none of the other buttons work. I tried f2, but can't reset the buttons.

#96 PDJ

PDJ

O I can change this?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:35 AM

I really can't say I like this game much. Enemies seem to take too many shots, jumping is slightly off and some levels are badly designed (such as the Blanka level with the real low roofs right next to the spikes and the Ryu Level....heck I could barely get up the first few ladders...)those enemies and the shooting mechanics slightly off makes it very hard to progress past the first 2 screens. It's nice and the music is awesome...but gameplay and level design leaves a lot to be desired.

You know you can charge your shot right? Lots of enemies can be 1-shotted with a charge shot.

I've been enjoying the game, however I'm having problems with my gamepads and what direction they're inputting. Also having a problem with the sound effects being way louder than the music. Also, it's free and I see what Capcom is trying to do here--this makes me want to go play the old Mega Man games again.

Dejeckt, I was having the same problem when trying to use my Street Fighter Fight Pad. My Xbox controller worked a little bit better, but sometimes it wouldn't read the input correctly. Have yet to test a PS3 controller as I don't have it hooked up to my PC. Will have to wait another day..

#97 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:41 AM

holy crap i didnt try the charge shot! plays flawlessly with my logitech dual action pc controller. love this thing
my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot:

#98 JaytheGamefan

JaytheGamefan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

I used my Frisby dual stick pad and it worked great with it. 360 pad, not so much.

#99 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:52 AM

what os?
i played it on an old fujitsu tablet pc xp 32bit w/ 3gb ram and dual core 2ghz processor and it plays perfect. my hard disk only has 2-3 gb left as well.

vista lol. it's the 64 bit gateway model that bestbuy had on sale in '08.

I was able to play a bit when I had nothing else running (firefox was running before). still had jump jumping lag though. Took a while to get use to the wasd setup (yes I know I can change the controls but just never really play much games using keyboard). No idea how to use energy tanks so that made it much more difficult :cry:. After about 50 minutes I had beaten Blanka, Viper, Dhalism, and Chun Li. Got up to Rose but died and took a break. Had dinner, watched tv etc.

Then came back and woke my laptop from sleep mode. The game screen was blank, but I still heard music! Fuck that! Not sure if I'll waste more time on this unless there's some mod to lower some settings or some save feature. Mega Man controls on the gbc and nes were fine. GCN was meh. I know it'll be a pain for me with a 360 controller so all that's left is keyboard that for some reason tires my pinky out despite it not being used.

Also how do you do charge shots? I randomly fired some. I held the K key down when I first tried out the controls but no charging...

#100 ProphetZero

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 05:53 AM

This game sucks. Beat it and realized just how obvious of a fan game it was. He got lazy on some levels and with some of the bosses and enemies. It was pretty disappointing and messed up of Capcom to make this the sole present to the fans for Megaman's 25th anniversary. Of course its free. Its a fan made game.

#101 imacgod

imacgod

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:31 AM

Mac port available: https://gist.github.com/4325582

#102 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:54 AM

You can blatantly tell which people completely suck at the game just by the comments. Enemies taking too much hits? cat mini boss from wood man level anyone? wily level enemies? fucking mega man fans are so godamn whiny i wish capcom didnt give you shit.

#103 DQT

DQT

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 07:59 AM

This game sucks. Beat it and realized just how obvious of a fan game it was. He got lazy on some levels and with some of the bosses and enemies. It was pretty disappointing and messed up of Capcom to make this the sole present to the fans for Megaman's 25th anniversary. Of course its free. Its a fan made game.

People have a tendency to look back through rose-tinted lenses now, but not all of the Mega Man games were winners. It's not like the series was completely free of lazy bosses and levels to begin with. Before MML3 was cancelled, even most Mega Man fans would concede that.

#104 RockoMan

RockoMan

South Florida Store Raider

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:07 AM

Id pay for an Android port.

#105 ProphetZero

ProphetZero

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

I was really excited about this too. When I first starting playing it I was really liking it and then as I played more I liked it less and less and can understand the complaints now. I'm happy I got a free game though and hope Capcom makes a game themselves and brings back all Megaman series. Somehow I feel that even if Capcom didn't release this through their website it would still be free as its a fan made game.

#106 renique46

renique46

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

It's not like the series was completely free of lazy bosses and levels to begin with.

Exactly. People act like Capcom is somehow exempt for the same shit they criticize this game for.

#107 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Thanks!

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#108 Sir_Fragalot

Sir_Fragalot

wants Startropics 3.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

My problem with this game is there is no fucking password or save system. I mean yeah it's a fan game but still. I don't want to have to play this game and beat it in one sitting.

Plus every other Megaman game had it. Not that the game is hard or anything, but just more so a time thing nowadays.
Posted Image
"Mega Man 9 isn't hard, you're just not paying attention." -KingBroly

#109 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Not bad for a free game. It doesn't run well on my asus eee netbook, but that's alright. It is like someone is pressing pause a lot/slow motion.

I hope there will be sequels to this and that they are included in future Capcom disc compilations.

#110 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

Not bad for a free game. It doesn't run well on my asus eee netbook, but that's alright. It is like someone is pressing pause a lot/slow motion.

I hope there will be sequels to this and that they are included in future Capcom disc compilations.

You need to cycle through the screen sizes by hitting F4 then press enter and then press it again to fix it. You're not the only one it was doing that to.

#111 FatherChesz

FatherChesz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:19 PM

I'll download this in a misguided attempt to drum up interest for a MegaMan Legends 3 release.

#112 ps2emotions

ps2emotions

8 bit heaven

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

Thanks OP. I downloaded this and can't find it now any idea what it is named in my downloads?

#113 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

So far my main beef with the game is like 60-70% of the enemies I've encountered so far are variants of hard hat; wait, wait, wait, wait, tiny opening, wait, wait, wait, wait. Hard hat style is fine in small doses, but when you encounter them all over the level(s) it slows the pace down so much that it becomes a slog.

Is there a way to assign two keys to the same function by editing the key config text file? When playing on my keyboard I find it more intuitive to assign W to both up and jump, but that eliminates the ability to easily execute a slide.

Guardian_owl.png

#114 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Is there a way to assign two keys to the same function by editing the key config text file? When playing on my keyboard I find it more intuitive to assign W to both up and jump, but that eliminates the ability to easily execute a slide.

That would just make you keep jumping off and grabbing on to ladders. How would the game know which you want to do?

#115 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

You need to cycle through the screen sizes by hitting F4 then press enter and then press it again to fix it. You're not the only one it was doing that to.

Made the screen tiny and still ran the same as on full screen. Thanks, neat that it worked for everyone else though. I honestly don't expect much from my old netbook.

I've seen a lot avatars here with Street Fighter characters converted to look like a Mega Man character. Balrog, I think that's his name, the boxer comes to mind. So it would would be cool to see sequels with other characters as bosses.

#116 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 December 2012 - 08:39 PM

That would just make you keep jumping off and grabbing on to ladders. How would the game know which you want to do?

It actually works pretty well, up overrides jump so you don't constantly jump off ladders. The problem is both keys being the same confuses it when you hold S and then try and press W to do a slide as the game thinks it is down, up, and jump. That's why I wanted to make both W and maybe SPACE BAR jump, as even if pressing W and S worked it is still kinda awkward.

Guardian_owl.png

#117 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

Did anybody mention that SFxMM soundtrack is available on Bandcamp for free, too? A_Rival hasn't set a minimum price, so you're free to bask in all its 8-bit glory without forking out a single dime! Download it now, for great justice! :bouncy:
http://rivalrivalriv...-x-mega-man-ost
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#118 AngryNerdJosh

AngryNerdJosh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

i can't get my 360 or six axis to work

#119 teh_minus

teh_minus

TX Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:08 AM

Game isn't too bad. I've never been into Mega Man, but the fan service and amount of love given to the SF characters is really awesome. Thanks OP!

#120 technicalstylez

technicalstylez

Colors User

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

thanks yo

Did anybody mention that SFxMM soundtrack is available on Bandcamp for free, too? A_Rival hasn't set a minimum price, so you're free to bask in all its 8-bit glory without forking out a single dime! Download it now, for great justice! :bouncy:
http://rivalrivalriv...-x-mega-man-ost

my tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...718#post8655718

now playing:

-insert DC icon here- GUNLORD :hot: