GameStop Weekly AD 12/19/12 - 12/25/12

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#91 Murtaug

Murtaug

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Ugh, I just bought that Mario Kart 7 bundle for my mother, she definitely would have enjoyed Nintendogs too. Steel Diver, meh.

Any one know if they would allow me to "upgrade" to this offer, I literally bought the system a week ago. I would out right return it, but I have all my content transferred over to the new one already.

#92 mikeda

mikeda

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just for the record, even though the weekly ad seems to suggest that the free nintendogs and Steel Diver ONLY come with the MK7 bundle, their web page allows you to add them to ANY 3DS hardware for free! Just add the two games to the cart with the hardware and you will see the discount.

I just bought the purple 3DS for $139.99 and got Steel Diver and nintendogs (which I will sell for more savIngs) for free!

#93 tribalnoise

tribalnoise

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:11 PM

So tempted to get Dead or Alive 5. Has it been cheaper anywhere else?

i dont think it has been cheaper anywhere. i have been waiting for it to drop below $20. maybe gamefly will have it as part of their end of year sale.

#94 fireseal859

fireseal859

Single Dad. Gamer.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

I picked up a 3DS XL with my warranty replacement for my 3DS, paid the 10 dollar difference. Then picked up the uDraw as an Christmas gift for my 5 year old. $9.99? For two games? Even if he hates it, I didn't lose very much on it really...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us." - Andrew Ryan

card.png

#95 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

Have to decide if I'll hit the BB Vita deal this week or wait and hope somewhere else like GS where I have credit has a post-Christmas deal.

Anyone think there will be a Vita deal? Kind of feel like BB might be the best option because the gift card would let me get a 16 GB or 32 GB stick which would be more expensive than two games (I want P4 and VLR).

#96 kraken613

kraken613

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

Ugh, I just bought that Mario Kart 7 bundle for my mother, she definitely would have enjoyed Nintendogs too. Steel Diver, meh.

Any one know if they would allow me to "upgrade" to this offer, I literally bought the system a week ago. I would out right return it, but I have all my content transferred over to the new one already.

I got mine a week ago today. I wonder the same thing.

#97 OptimusRhyme

OptimusRhyme

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:52 PM

Is there any recommended games for the uDraw? My daughter is really young but think this would be good for when she is older.

#98 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Is it wrong that I'm assuming since GS is having a sale on Dragons Dogma for $29.99 other stores, like BB with the $20 coupon, will have one soon also?

Not sure if ur silver but u would come out better by pm'ing this @ BB since pm is extended till 1/24 for all customers & hoping for a deal during the after x-mas sales. My current strategy has been to buy on Weds. using the 2X RZ point(3X pts + 25% bonus) promo and pm in the future but still have the RZ points bump in effect.

I have a tough decision. Halo 4 or Borderlands 2.

Going forward u might want to look into doing the BB $20 RZ promos for top titles since getting games for free or just tax is tough to beat & makes decisions like yours much easier.

Is there any chance the 3DS XL will go any lower in the next 2 months or so? I ask because I just picked up the new Layton game but if I can get the 3DS XL for > 150$ then that would be fantastic

sales will continue thru mid Feb. so I'd say follow the above strategy to earn some extra pts + still maintain price protection going forward.

Anyone think there will be a Vita deal? Kind of feel like BB might be the best option because the gift card would let me get a 16 GB or 32 GB stick which would be more expensive than two games (I want P4 and VLR).

Memory cards prices can be had for 20% on perm basis here's the link
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=327308

i am in the same boat. i have $360-something in credit and it will be used for a Wii U, but I'd like to see a 'bundle' or something. (by the way, i only spent $58 to get that $360 thanks to the recent promo)

Hopefully the 100% trade in offer comes back once the 50% one ends on 12/25, u might wanna think about turning that $360 into $700ish prior to complete depleting ur credit reserve.

#99 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

Isn't that MSRP?

Sorry. I meant I was wondering if anybody knew how much broken PS3 would run for when you trade them into GameStop. I know I could call the store, but my location never tell you prices over the phone and want you to come to the store. And I'm not lugging my Phat around. It's heavy.

#100 bob330i

bob330i

just lookin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 12:57 AM

Sorry. I meant I was wondering if anybody knew how much broken PS3 would run for when you trade them into GameStop. I know I could call the store, but my location never tell you prices over the phone and want you to come to the store. And I'm not lugging my Phat around. It's heavy.

GS's general policy is to not give out TIVs over the phone. I've heard the blurb dozens of times while I've been in store overhearing some of the phone TIV requests.

So you might need to lug in your PS3 if you really want to know the TIV.

#101 Rock_Dash3X

Rock_Dash3X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:38 AM

GS's general policy is to not give out TIVs over the phone. I've heard the blurb dozens of times while I've been in store overhearing some of the phone TIV requests.

So you might need to lug in your PS3 if you really want to know the TIV.

I didn't know that was actually their policy. I use to do so before, but staff has changed. Well I guess if I'm near one I'll ask.

#102 Jackovasaurus

Jackovasaurus

And ya say Chi-City

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:23 AM

I'll be PMing Walmart on the DOA deal! Thanks, OP.

#103 IamPro

IamPro

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

I didn't know that was actually their policy. I use to do so before, but staff has changed. Well I guess if I'm near one I'll ask.

You can just keep calling stores till someone tells you, my local is cool about it tho