Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#3901 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

Asking the people who actually played Dishonored...are the achievements hard to get? The DLC has some high ratios, wanted to buy the game at some point so debating to get the dlc now...

I'm not an achievement hunter at all. But I can tell you that I played through the game twice and have under 400 gamerscore on it I think. So you're not really going to get it without trying and just playing through.

#3902 nocturnedelight

nocturnedelight

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

I'm not sure what you meant, since you may or may not have left off the comma after the "No".
The 800 MSP code from Amazon is region Free. The 400 MSP code is not.

Hmm strange i bought a 400 MSP code from amazon.com last week and i could redeem him with no problems on my german account .

I bought 400msp from GS and Amazon on March 11th. Neither were region-free.

#3903 Bradisback

Bradisback

Pau hana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm not sure what you meant, since you may or may not have left off the comma after the "No".

I do think that you can get 400msp codes for a couple of regions like US,JP,UK on amazon. But they do not work on every region. I learned this the hard way

#3904 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Got the 1600 + 400 from best buy and will buy AC3 season pass. Also got Dishonored DLC. Good sale.

#3905 biledriver

biledriver

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

They don't HAVE to have an April 1st sale. You're not entitled to that whatsoever.

Except that they do, so he is. Entitlement is a silly en vogue political word right not to encourage people to think they don't deserve to be treated a certain way. If the company we pay money to decides to promote something and it's a disappointment then we are allowed to express our disappointment.

Without that we'd not have a lot of things in retail and business that people encouraged to come about with their vocal and financial protest. You are not "entitled" to have a good experience with what you purchase or support with your money, it's a basic principle of commerce.

When you allow businesses to skate by and refer to others voicing their disapproval as acting entitled, you play right into the hands of businesses trying to give you the least they can for the highest price possible.

#3906 davisdj

davisdj

CAG for life

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:19 PM

Except that they do, so he is. Entitlement is a silly en vogue political word right not to encourage people to think they don't deserve to be treated a certain way. If the company we pay money to decides to promote something and it's a disappointment then we are allowed to express our disappointment.

Without that we'd not have a lot of things in retail and business that people encouraged to come about with their vocal and financial protest. You are not "entitled" to have a good experience with what you purchase or support with your money, it's a basic principle of commerce.

When you allow businesses to skate by and refer to others voicing their disapproval as acting entitled, you play right into the hands of businesses trying to give you the least they can for the highest price possible.

Preach brother. :bow:

Check out my trade list please.

Join Bing Rewards, earn free rewards & I'll earn some as well. Thanks.

#3907 Vendetta_x360

Vendetta_x360

♥ 정수연

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

Asking the people who actually played Dishonored...are the achievements hard to get? The DLC has some high ratios, wanted to buy the game at some point so debating to get the dlc now...

Also debating to get the AC3 Season Pass...didn't know it includes all pre-order stuff...got all of them near release was a hard work to gather them all meh

I assume you mean TA ratio? Keep in mind they did just do recalculation on DLC ratios over there. So almost all of them are a little inflated.

Vendetta%20x360.jpg

:3ds: FC: 4957-3481-3976 (PM me if you add so I can add you!)

Currently Playing:  :360: Lightning Returns :xb1: Madden 25, Dead Rising 3

Recently Completed: Wolf Among Us, :360: & :xb1: Halo:Spartan Assault

#3908 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

So the 800 MSP works 100% on my european xbl account? I may get one of those since they're ~8€ and on xbl i should pay 6€ for 500 msp :s

#3909 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:47 PM

I really want to get the Dragonborn DLC, but I'm less than 100 points too short to purchase it, and it ends tomorrow!

I'm waiting for GOTY version. Holding out faint, stupid hope for port to next gen consoles too.

#3910 TaylorM06

TaylorM06

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Grabbed the Dishonored DLC, thanks OP!

#3911 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:56 PM

The Playstation sales have me spoiled because I always look at this Xbox sales as a joke. Midnight Club complete for $10 and the Dishonored DLC is a good price though.

Glad that I read OP because I thought the GOD of Midnight Club LA didn't come with the DLC and was about to buy some, eek.

(Fallout 3 DLC is a awesome price to but I imagine anyone who's really into the game probably already owns it)

komentra.png

#3912 jthieme

jthieme

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:13 PM

Can anyone recommend the LA Noire DLC pass? I still havent' played the base game but that's the only thing the looks even slightly appealing to me in this sale. Thanks.

#3913 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:15 PM

They don't HAVE to have an April 1st sale. You're not entitled to that whatsoever.

Except... Tsel is saying, I believe, that MS didn't have to host a special 1-day sale just because it's April 1st to begin with. Prior to promoting that they were going to have a sale, what precedent is your money holding them to that they would need to have this sale in the first place exactly...? There isn't one.

And on the same note, if we didn't have the leaked sales page prior to this 1-day sale itself, MS would be more than keeping up their side of things by hosting a sale consisting of simply the aforementioned "horse armor" dlc, it would still have been a sale in some form.

*Stepsdown from the mic and returns to his dark corner....*

In more-relevant news, this Kotaku article pretty much sold me on the Dunwall Trials dlc, even though I haven't touched my Black Friday Sale Dishonored yet.

Edited by Sanges99, 01 April 2013 - 05:32 PM.

25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#3914 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

Can anyone recommend the LA Noire DLC pass? I still havent' played the base game but that's the only thing the looks even slightly appealing to me in this sale. Thanks.

I'd try the base game first, to see if the gameplay appeals to you. Personally, I found the game pretty dull and frustrating, but I know some people love it.

Of course I know my multiplication tables!
I just don't sit at them often.

#3915 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:19 PM

So the 800 MSP works 100% on my european xbl account? I may get one of those since they're ~8€ and on xbl i should pay 6€ for 500 msp :s

Bump since the page changed.

#3916 LegendaryEnigma

LegendaryEnigma

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:20 PM

Still waiting on the New Vegas sale =/ come on its been forever

#3917 gunnm

gunnm

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yes that would effect you if you downloaded the chinese version of AC3

#3918 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:04 PM

I have not tried it myself, but I know of at least half a dozen people on this board that bought 800 msp codes and had no issues using them on Hungarian accounts. I've yet to hear of a single person encountering any problems. Nothing is 100% guaranteed, but it seems very unlikely you'll have any issues.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#3919 Tsel

Tsel

The Dark Knight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:11 PM

Except... Tsel is saying, I believe, that MS didn't have to host a special 1-day sale just because it's April 1st to begin with. Prior to promoting that they were going to have a sale, what precedent is your money holding them to that they would need to have this sale in the first place exactly...? There isn't one.

And on the same note, if we didn't have the leaked sales page prior to this 1-day sale itself, MS would be more than keeping up their side of things by hosting a sale consisting of simply the aforementioned "horse armor" dlc, it would still have been a sale in some form.

In more-relevant news, this Kotaku article pretty much sold me on the Dunwall Trials dlc, even though I haven't touched my Black Friday Sale Dishonored yet.

Bingo!

453605.png
TheTsel.png

#3920 Yanksfan

Yanksfan

Cubs Fan Too :(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:41 PM

*claps*

#3921 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Remember 2009? That was cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:02 PM

Well said. Everyone has their own "entitlement threshold" as to when they think their getting their fair shake. In regards to video games, too far to one direction makes them look like white knights for their particular console of choice, and too far the other direction makes them look unreasonably difficult to please.

tylerh1701.png BZljDsc.jpg

Check out my CAG Blog!  NEW POST: Fable Anniversary Review

#3922 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:17 PM

With the assassins creed season pass, is this a season pass that includes all dlc or just some of it?
Also, would you recommend someone that does not have the game and will probably not get and play it for a while yet to get, or should i wait for dlc to come cheaper?

It includes all of the DLC, but unless you're going to get the game in a month or two, I'd wait until this goes on sale again.

#3923 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm waiting for GOTY version. Holding out faint, stupid hope for port to next gen consoles too.

Great Skyrim DLC sale but still not a bad idea at all to wait, for those who can. I mean, I bought the Collector's Edition Skyrim for Xbox 360, bought all the DLC thus far and will still get the GOTY too, when it inevitably comes out. I love the game that much.

Ha, I was so thinking the same thing for next gen. I would go crazy for ultra settings Skyrim on a console, perhaps they will get community mods to work on consoles somehow.

I'd try the base game first, to see if the gameplay appeals to you. Personally, I found the game pretty dull and frustrating, but I know some people love it.

Someone let me borrow the complete edition or whatever it's called. Couldn't finish it, I didn't like the era. It's a good game, just certainly some people like myself find it lacking.

It includes all of the DLC, but unless you're going to get the game in a month or two, I'd wait until this goes on sale again.

Plus there is the final episode for the G.Washington DLC coming out this month. But yeah, you could wait. For those who been waiting and own it or have the game for free like me find it hard to resist with good reason.

#3924 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:32 PM

so did any of you guys that picked up T WFC try the multiplayer? is it still active?

#3925 BobbyTastic

BobbyTastic

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

Also debating to get the AC3 Season Pass...didn't know it includes all pre-order stuff...got all of them near release was a hard work to gather them all meh

It's generally a rule of thumb to not worry about the billion separate pieces of pre-order DLC for the AC series because it will inevitably be released as part of a larger DLC at a later date: see Bonfire of the Vanities & Secret Locations for AC2, Lost Archive for AC: Revolutions & Hidden Secrets Pack for AC3.
~ Professionals Be Thou For The People. ~

Well aren't the pandas going extinct?

You wouldn't be if you stopped being lazy and aggressively copulated.

Never have truer words been spoken.

#3926 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:54 PM

so did any of you guys that picked up T WFC try the multiplayer? is it still active?

lol I don't have enough points to get WFC if I get AC3 season pass, dunwall trails! Well, actually that not true, but I won't have any for the Microsoft sale if I get them all.

I don't know if the WFC has an active multiplayer community still. Good question, I actually had a good time with the online demo. Someone please let us know.

#3927 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:02 PM

Picked up 800 MSP from amazon, worked perfectly!

Bought Dishonored DLC, now let's see if any of the dotw arcade game is worth my money...

#3928 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:46 PM

lol I don't have enough points to get WFC if I get AC3 season pass, dunwall trails! Well, actually that not true, but I won't have any for the Microsoft sale if I get them all.

I don't know if the WFC has an active multiplayer community still. Good question, I actually had a good time with the online demo. Someone please let us know.

If I'm correct in thinking WFC is the first Transformers game, it was dead pretty much a month after it launched. Sure, you can probably find a few people playing it, but don't expect to be able to jump into a game like you would Halo or COD. A shame too, because the multiplayer is actually pretty fun. I might be confusing WFC with FOC though, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

Of course I know my multiplication tables!
I just don't sit at them often.

#3929 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:58 PM

I don't think many people still play the MP for it, I traded in my copy a few months ago because I could never find a match.

TF:FOC still has a lot of people playing online though

#3930 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:02 PM

Of the eight XBLA games that will be on sale starting tomorrow through 4/8, can anyone recommend specific titles?

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :ps4: Putty Squad :ps3: BioShock [Survivor, No Vita-Chambers] :vita: Guacamelee!; Rayman Legends [Daily Challenges]
Last Beaten Game [4/18]:  :vita: Flying Hamster HD ( :))

Last Watched Film: The Passion of the Christ ( :applause: :applause: :applause:)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi