Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#4711 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

ok thanks, I think I will:Dhas been on my want list, but was going back and forth. It doesn't look like there will be much if anything for me coming up, so this is probably the easiest way to not have to overspend. The one more thing: it's still fun single player right? I had heard it was co op centric

Yeah. I second Tyler on this. I can't imagine co-oping this game. I'm sure it'd be fun but there's a lot of fiddly bits where you have to have one character stand on a block while the other one hits a switch so that that block moves the character to another platform. Sometimes for me that mean getting one character to a block and then spending 5 minutes sorting out how to get to the switch. I can't imagine it being fun in co-op. If I played it with my gf I can imagine us ending up getting into a fight as I'd be like "no put that there" "no move to that block" and then she'd get cranky and throw something at me. So methinks i will just play it solo. It's fun on it's own and I don't regret buying it. Though word for the wise it seems really simple at first, almost dumb, and then some of the puzzles do get tricky. But it ramps up nicely. It's really a charming game that's a great palate cleanser after playing a shooter or something dark and moody.

Note to self: have to see if I can trade girlfriends with Antarael or, considering I think he's a fellow Aussie resident (correct me if i'm wrong), I need to get him to teach me how to play nice at video games with my Aussie gf or at least to dodge her projectiles

#4712 steelcurtain11

steelcurtain11

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:05 PM

It's kind of disappointing when you buy a season pass for Halo 4 day 1, but then they discount it on the day after the last piece of it comes out. I mean i guess it's good for everyone who hasn't gotten it yet, since it's a nice discount for them, but I just don't think I'll be downloading another season pass again. Most DLC seems to be over priced to me anyways.. (Me venting about Micro$ofts stupid ways to make me feel better)

#4713 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:12 PM

I picked up Puzzle Arcade against my better judgement. I have a feeling I will be regretting this decision very soon.

It's not that bad, if you like puzzles, lol. Has different modes, multiplayer, and challenges.

I'd say the worst thing about it is the puzzle selection, comes with 39 but they aren't that great looking

#4714 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:20 PM

I picked up Puzzle Arcade against my better judgement. I have a feeling I will be regretting this decision very soon.

I have the feeling you will too. During my wild days of buying pretty much everything that ever hit 400 MSP, I was always able to resist that one.

Yeah. I second Tyler on this. I can't imagine co-oping this game. I'm sure it'd be fun but there's a lot of fiddly bits where you have to have one character stand on a block while the other one hits a switch so that that block moves the character to another platform. Sometimes for me that mean getting one character to a block and then spending 5 minutes sorting out how to get to the switch. I can't imagine it being fun in co-op. If I played it with my gf I can imagine us ending up getting into a fight as I'd be like "no put that there" "no move to that block" and then she'd get cranky and throw something at me. So methinks i will just play it solo. It's fun on it's own and I don't regret buying it. Though word for the wise it seems really simple at first, almost dumb, and then some of the puzzles do get tricky. But it ramps up nicely. It's really a charming game that's a great palate cleanser after playing a shooter or something dark and moody.

That was kind of my exact thought. The exact placement of both characters is extremely important as the levels progress, so to play co-op you really need to have 2 players that are on the same wavelength.

Also, I'm done in the OP.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4715 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:37 PM

well then, if you don't mind me borrowing her;)

I'd rather recommend you get your own =P

#4716 TheCollegeGamer

TheCollegeGamer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:39 PM

Can't wait for that Hell Yeah! sale. I heard the gameplay gets a little stale, but the microgames are kind of crazy so might be worth it just to experience those.

#4717 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:46 PM

At least they're actively encouraging us CAGs to participate in the spend 3200/get 800 promo by marking down a wide assortment of XBLA games throughout the month. This pleases me! That many of the deals are repeats disappoints me, but that's to be expected with these things.

My options this week: Marvel vs Capcom Origins and Real Steel. I... just might pass on both of them honestly. I played the demo for Real Steel when it had a one-day discount during the holidays, and while it seemed mechanically sound, I got the impression that the robot fist-swinging extravaganza wasn't going to change at all over the course of the game. It wasn't thrilling and probably wouldn't have become more thrilling. I would definitely recommend that you try the demo instead of making a blind purchase. As for MvC:O, I've already made blind sale purchases of MvC2 and SF2THDR (or whatever the acronym is) in the past and I've come to learn that Capcom fighters completely clobber my ass. I'm more likely to pull the trigger on this one but not sure that I would receive anything but pain from it.

My options next week: Black Knight Sword and I Am Alive. Like Tyler said, I expected I Am Alive to follow the same course Ubisoft's paved for From Dust and never budge from a sale price of 800 MSP, so to see that is a pleasant surprise and enough incentive for me to buy. And as for Black Knight Sword, it has more detractors than most Grasshopper games, but I enjoy their work enough that I'm gonna pounce on it anyway. But if I only nab these two out of the next two weeks, that's 720 MSP right there, falling 280 short of the 1000 I need to spend to get 800 back. Crap. And of course there's one last week of April we don't know anything about... I'll laugh (and cry, maybe) if it's a discount on Bioshock/Borderlands/RDR content.

As for that brony, I wasn't "pissed" or "irritable," just looking for a good excuse to be snarky. Sorry to let you get caught up in the crossfire.

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#4718 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

but the microgames are kind of crazy so might be worth it just to experience those.

Yes it is.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#4719 Doctor Who

Doctor Who

Vworp Vworp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:53 PM

Nothing for me for the next two weeks. Although I would've picked up Marvel vs. Capcom Origins if it was 400 MSP.

#4720 Danger Zone: Archer

Danger Zone: Archer

Not really here.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:03 PM

Marvel vs. Capcom: Origins !! F-uck yeah. I've been waiting for this game to go on sale.

Group Lowball 8/10 /14  -  8/19 /14

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/310217-live-masa-friends-pizza-time-lowball-134-items-for-many-systems-stuff-for-all/

We  Got a lot of stuff to sale .... BUY!!!!!!!

#4721 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Wow, wish I had points for MVC Origins I've wanted that game for awhile. But alas, picked up JoJos during hte last sale so my loss.

Wonder if Halo ODST Games on Demand cames with Halo 3 MP?

#4722 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:13 PM

Wonder if Halo ODST Games on Demand cames with Halo 3 MP?

That question was answered earlier, the answer is apparently no.

Also, since I'm posting already... lol @ the fellow above "looking for a Wii!" with a Wii friend code of "WTF is a WII?!"

Looking to sell codes for The Gunstringer and Fruit Ninja Kinect, together or separately. Message me with your offer.

Stream KMFDM's new album KUNST in its entirety here!

#4723 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:15 PM

Should be in for Hell Yeah, I Am Alive, and Tomb Raider. May get RAW and Dungeon Defenders. Maybe even Counter Strike and Warhammer.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4724 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

Surprised no one is talking about Hell Yeah...looks sick. I downloaded the trial already, figuring I would buy it when it goes on sale.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4725 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:18 PM

I think Marvel vs. Capcom is an arcade port, right? Not a Dreamcast port? Because the DC version has co-op and I want to rebuy the game if this one has it as well.

#4726 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:27 PM

Should be in for Hell Yeah, I Am Alive, and Tomb Raider.

Huh?

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4727 Bloomy

Bloomy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:30 PM

Huh?

Probably Lara Croft GOL.

#4728 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Probably Lara Croft GOL.

I know. ;) I am actually more shocked that someone would buy it this week. It seems like it's been on sale every other week for the past year.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

#4729 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

Surprised no one is talking about Hell Yeah...looks sick. I downloaded the trial already, figuring I would buy it when it goes on sale.

I bought Hell Yeah! on release since I had some spare points at the time. The game is really funny, and the gameplay is fun. It does get a little stale near the end, but the game keeps the humor going. Also, if you've ever played the Sam & Max games, the rabbit you play as might remind you of Max. It did for me, at least, to the point where I still refer to him as Max.
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#4730 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I know. ;) I am actually more shocked that someone would buy it this week. It seems like it's been on sale every other week for the past year.

I got it from the Japan promo. Still haven't started it:drool:

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#4731 Twista48

Twista48

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:39 PM

def looking at getting

Battlefield: 1943
CS:GO
Real Steel (if I like the trial atleast)
PoP Classic
Lara Croft GOL
both Bionic Commandos
Dungeon Defenders (if I like the trial)

TheTwistadOne48.png

#4732 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Looks to be a barren two weeks, so I'll have to find things to buy on my own.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#4733 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:48 PM

Looks to be a barren two weeks, so I'll have to find things to buy on my own.

Same here. My last 5000 msp have all been regular price sales. Was debating on getting the citadel DLC for Mass Effect. Since it will probably be a year till it goes on sale.

512847.png

#4734 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:49 PM

That question was answered earlier, the answer is apparently no.

Also, since I'm posting already... lol @ the fellow above "looking for a Wii!" with a Wii friend code of "WTF is a WII?!"

Halo 3: ODST Campaign Edition. At least It's labeled right.

But at this point? Yeah, way too late. Used is 8ish on Amazon shipped. Actually shocked it's $15 at Gamestop, but that comes with the Halo 3 MP disc so a better value.

As usual, MS outpricing itself with Games on Demand. I'm sure a lot more people would pick it up at $5

#4735 Glass_Ghost_0

Glass_Ghost_0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 04:53 PM

Major Nelson corrected his blog. Motocross Madness will be 800 points, not 1200

#4736 uglyteradon

uglyteradon

CAG-tastrophe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:01 PM

Looks like I'm picking up Marvel vs Capcom.

#4737 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

It's a good game, it's just been on sale before so lots of people probably already bought it. I'll echo everything that has been said about it, it's a fun game that gets a little bit stale but it's still worth 480 MSP.

Major Nelson corrected his blog. Motocross Madness will be 800 points, not 1200

Cool, that makes more sense. I'll update my list in the 2nd post.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#4738 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:37 PM

Looks like I won't bother with CS: GO...400+ hours to achieve the full 400 gamer score. Yikes!

May hold off on Tomb Raider for 75-80% off.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#4739 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hmm maybe I will go for Babel Rising this time 80 points cheaper as the last time it was on sale...

Also it can be played with a controller. (maybe this should be mentioned in the OP don't buy Kinect Games at all)

#4740 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hmm... guess this week I'll buy MvC Origins, and for next one, I'll wait till the next wave of Dotw to know what will be on sale and if nothing catch my eye get Black Knight Sword in the last minute between sale changes (if I arrive late and it has already go to normal price I wouldn't care anyways, it's just to reach the 32000msp).

I would pick up BC rearmed instead, but it doesn't reach the 400msp!! :(

PD: this month they go with a fine pace, let's see if the following weeks they will still put arcade games on sale. It's good to see them like that after so much GonD.