Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#5401 VersionJ

VersionJ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:29 AM

I always wonder how other people work through their backlogs. I was going by date of release, but then I ended up playing a bunch of open world games back to back. Now I just rotate 2 retail, and one xbla game at a time. Wish I wasn't an achievement whore, this would be easier.

I usually do one retail and one XBLA and switch between the two when I need a break from one. I'm working on oblivion and The dishwasher: dead samurai right now. Oblivion was so old and getting older, so I thought I would get on that. It was funny, all my friends were like, "whoa, going old school." LOL. Although, injustice has been distracting me lately.

#5402 Seasick Pirate

Seasick Pirate

Rachael's Superstar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

Pickup a copy of The Club for half the price if you want a good third person shooter:

The Club is such a good game. Probably my favorite game to come out of this generation. And I'm not even a big fan of shooters. It's just everything a video game should be – pure fun. Only about 2,000 (by my count) kills away form No, Seriously as well!

DCH_Logo%202014_CAG.png

Also on Twitter @ DanCote.Himself

#5403 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

Worms 2 is great. Everyone should own it by now.

#5404 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:18 AM

Death Tank is similar to Scorched Earth and very good. Unfortunately, it also sells for 1200 MS Points, which means it was priced into oblivion.

Oh Death Tank. They had a one hour trial of this that I had an absolute BLAST playing with against friends. What a miserable price though, especially for back then. Totally off putting seeing how there wasn't much beef to it outside of some multiplayer fun.

#5405 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:34 AM

Anyone know if Black Knight Sword is best on PS3 or 360?

I can't imagine there are any major differences between the 2.

I feel like I actually accomplished something gaming wise this weekend, I knocked out two games from my XBLA backlog. I beat Call of Duty Classic (in backlog for 3 and a half years) and Castle Crashers. I decided to go through my backlog in alphabetical order but I'm skipping games I have beaten before on other consoles (ie Banjo).

On another note, looks like I'm a PS+ member for 3 more months. Thought I had turned off auto renew but apparently I didn't and it subtracted $17.99 from my wallet. Guess I should use that time to beat those rented games.

The problem with going alphabetical for me is that I get caught up in series of games, which I don't particularly love to do. If I were to do that, I'd be playing Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Revelation, and 3 right in a row. I usually like to vary my genres, so that wouldn't work well for me.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#5406 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:10 AM

Anyone know if Black Knight Sword is best on PS3 or 360?

I can't imagine there are any major differences between the 2.

The only difference is what system you prefer getting achievements/trophies on and which controller do you prefer Xbox's or the Dualshock. That's all I can think. Also it's $5 on the 360 for the next couple days where I'm assuming it's not on sale for PS3 at the moment and so it'd be $10 on PSN. Other than that it's the exact same game and should look identical and play identical.

One thing also to keep in mind is that we know 100% that current-gen PSN games will not be playable on the PS4. Sony has been clear about that. Whereas the lack of backwards compatability might be the case with the new XBOX but since nothing has been announced as of yet it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system. So until we know I'd hedge my bets and grab it for the 360.

Edited by skonson, 21 April 2013 - 09:54 AM.

#5407 VIDEOGAME IGODI

VIDEOGAME IGODI

Bluray FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:33 AM

it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system. So until we know I'd hedge my bets and grab it for the 360.

Agreed...

I'd like to vent for a moment... Microsoft, if I can't play current XBLA & retail 360 games on this new Xbox you've yet to announce, I vow with my soul that I will NOT be buying your system until your first or second price-drop.

:)

Write HBO to release all Sopranos Seasons on Blu-ray!
http://www.hbo.com/a...contact-us.html

#5408 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:30 PM

I always wonder how other people work through their backlogs. I was going by date of release, but then I ended up playing a bunch of open world games back to back. Now I just rotate 2 retail, and one xbla game at a time. Wish I wasn't an achievement whore, this would be easier.

I typically go off New Releases first (for trade in values to be highest). Though, I alternate between 1st person and 3rd person games. XBLA games I typically don't play unless there is a promotion to play them. There are very few I played right away (i.e. Shadow Complex, Limbo, Braid, etc).

#5409 polly

polly

Karma Policeman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

I don't suppose anyone has the lowdown on Monaco, releasing this week. Think this is going to be a good pickup?
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]

#5410 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:11 PM

Have to agree also. It's much better than the first one in every way, and fun enough to well justify the asking price. I've actually had it for a while. Still can't beat the last game mode and finish the achievements... lol

EDIT: Still can't beat the last mode or get the achievements tied to it. I just tried again.

Yup, that Sequence achievement seems pretty hard (haven't tried to do it yet).

#5411 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:25 PM

6.00 is an odd price when did they start that? I am debating between I am alive and hell yeah. Which is better?

#5412 cthomer5000

cthomer5000

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:41 PM

it might well turn out that XBLA games are playable on the new system.

It's either all games or no games. I don't know why people keep thinking XBLA games are somehow different.

Either the new system will be backwards compatible or it won't. There is no middle ground where only the XBLA games work. It's all coded for the same hardware now.

#5413 snakemaster2389

snakemaster2389

Temporarily Banned

• Temporarily Banned Users

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:10 PM

sooo whats next week sales? anything actually good this time?
Twitter: @marcandretta check out my reviews @ http://bgbureau.com & www.marcandretta.tumblr.com Check Out My Youtube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/snakemaster2389 NEED A REVIEWER/WRITER? PM ME!!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#5414 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:25 PM

sooo whats next week sales? anything actually good this time?

We won't know until Major Nelson will post them on his blog, or if they go live early.

Poker Night 2 is set for release on Steam on 26th instead of 23rd, x360a has the achievement list. Do you think it will really be 800MSP? I already got it on PC (preorder gives the first one for free), but I need games for the punchcard

#5415 zyxomma100

zyxomma100

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

It's either all games or no games. I don't know why people keep thinking XBLA games are somehow different.

Either the new system will be backwards compatible or it won't. There is no middle ground where only the XBLA games work. It's all coded for the same hardware now.

There's the possibility that BC will be provided by a separate value-priced addon, which opens up digital-only BC simply by omitting a disc drive. This isn't too much of a stretch given that publishers are all too eager to offer perks for going digital. They get to reduce costs while retaining all rights to the player's ability to use the game... There are zero drawbacks on their part. If this happened (it's a big if, but possible), it wouldn't be XBLA-only BC, but it would be very close given the lack of adoption of GoD.

Anyway, I picked up Guardian Heroes, and thinking of Hell Yeah. I'm a little worried that none of my punches have shown even though I should've gotten them almost 2 weeks ago.

#5416 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:35 PM

I'd just like to throw out the fact that they could do what they do with OXB games on 360 (ie. emulate them), which would make only some compatible. So if they wanted to have digital games be backwards compatible, they could just go with XBLA games as they might be easier to emulate (usually less demanding on the console, might be easier?), or if they are for some reason hoping everyone trades in their 360 stuff for the new xbox, which I'm sure many will. Being able to play all your digital games would be a nice bullet point for them.

This is all just speculation obviously, but I feel they have to do SOMETHING, and don't imagine full backwards compatibility is it.

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#5417 whitereflection

whitereflection

Shake well before serving

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 04:58 PM

There's the possibility that BC will be provided by a separate value-priced addon, which opens up digital-only BC simply by omitting a disc drive. This isn't too much of a stretch given that publishers are all too eager to offer perks for going digital. They get to reduce costs while retaining all rights to the player's ability to use the game... There are zero drawbacks on their part. If this happened (it's a big if, but possible), it wouldn't be XBLA-only BC, but it would be very close given the lack of adoption of GoD.

Anyway, I picked up Guardian Heroes, and thinking of Hell Yeah. I'm a little worried that none of my punches have shown even though I should've gotten them almost 2 weeks ago.

Disc drives and discs have nothing to do with it. Those are just containers. The files on those discs are the same files as the ones on digital marketplaces, so it doesn't mean XBLA games could be compatible with new hardware unless it included the same architecture as 360 hardware.

#5418 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 05:04 PM

You're thinking only from a technical standpoint. There is always the situation where the next XBOX is technically capable of backwards compatibility with games that require a physical disc or even GOD, but Microsoft might decide due to a business reason that it's better to lock out the ability to do that so they can instead sell a $99 Xbox 360 mini that will play those games. They might want a unified XBLA system whereas they might not want you to be able to play retail games on the new Xbox but are fine with you playing XBLA games. I mean look the 360 is pretty much the only system on the market with region locking for games - obviously that was based on a business decision so it's possible that they make another bad business decision and lock out 360 retail games. There's a lot of talk that they might have a low end system for 360 games. So who knows it's possible that they decide they can make a few extra dollars that way while maintaining XBLA games on both systems. It's all speculation at this point but that's a possible option as well that we all need to think of, that they might lock out backwards compatibility with physical disc games to promote a cheaper system in the marketplace.

I just think the whole XBLA thing is going to be confusing for a bit while both systems are around in a way that we've never experienced as there wasn't any downloadable games for any previous systems in the history of consoles. This is the first time we've seen this in a generation. So if there is no cross play between XBLA games on the new system the marketplace is going to be weird as developers will obviously still be releasing to the 360 as well as the next XBOX. Perhaps they'll require that developers create 2 builds of games when possible so that you can play on both systems for the first few years of the new XBOX's life until they stop supporting the 360. But considering the install base for the 360 is something like 77.2 million there will still be a lot of developers wanting their games on that system rather than the new one for the first few years. Especially considering that most XBLA games are smaller games that are far less demanding on top of the line hardware. This will especially be true if the rumours of a cheap newly designed $99 360 actually happens. If there is no cross-play then I'm curious how the marketplace will change to reflect the difference between 360 and 720 XBLA games and how they will go about promoting games that only come out for one or the other. If there is no cross-play then I'm assuming the 720 marketplace will suck for the first few years as most developers will prefer developing for at 77 million dollar market than a market of just a few million.

Personally I have a feeling that the coming console generation is going to be very poor in sales in comparison to the last and people are going to be very slow in adopting the PS4 and next Xbox. I think it's telling that the latest Gears of War game and the latest God of War game both have undersold in comparison to previous efforts. I think we're coming to an era where games need to be smarter. New re-iterations of the same game over and over again won't create the sales needed to get the huge development costs back. More of the same will not cut it with this coming generation. Something very dramatic will be required. It will certainly be the most interesting of all roll-outs of consoles in the history of the business I think as we're at a point where the industry could very well collapse if this new generation is mishandled. I know from my vantage point I won't be buying a new console til at least 2 price drops. My backlog is pretty much in the 3 digits at the moment and will probably get worse as I buy cheap 360 games that are marked down post the next console release.

Edited by skonson, 21 April 2013 - 05:23 PM.

#5419 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 06:39 PM

I REALLY want to pick up God Mode, its pretty smooth and enjoyable, but the lack of local coop is killing it for me. I dont have any dedicated friends on Live to rely on for this particular title. Unfortunate.

Has anyone here had experience with Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, Im debating it for my final purchase to wrap up both my 4th game and top off my 3200 spent.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5420 wEEman33

wEEman33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

Phantom Breaker is a solid beat em up, but it's not quite up to the level of Guardian Heroes or TMNT 89. The little girl aesthetic is also a major turn off to me. But in multiplayer, it's plenty of fun. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have friends to play with.

Guardian Heroes is much better as a single player game.

#5421 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 07:27 PM

I REALLY want to pick up God Mode, its pretty smooth and enjoyable, but the lack of local coop is killing it for me. I dont have any dedicated friends on Live to rely on for this particular title. Unfortunate.

Has anyone here had experience with Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds, Im debating it for my final purchase to wrap up both my 4th game and top off my 3200 spent.

Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds is a fun little game. Unfortunately the online is somewhat dead so unless you have others who have the game, you'll most likely be playing it alone. I believe it has local co-op though if I'm not mistaken. I would say if the choice is between Phantom Breaker and God Mode, I'd go with Phantom Breaker because God Mode runs the risk of becoming dead in a few weeks and no one to play with.

#5422 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:00 PM

I also recommend Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds. You have more control over what moves you can perform & what abilities you can obtain while leveling up over, say, Scott Pilgrim. However, it should be mentioned that if you get the DLC character, you can't play online with people who didn't downloaded it (Though if you download her with the game and mainly use her, you can pretty much double up on a decent amount of achievements). Otherwise, for a $10 beat-'em-up, it's rather fun, especially if you get friends.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5423 CAiNiAC

CAiNiAC

~Baby got Backlog~

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 08:37 PM

Thanks guys, your input is appreciated. You've pretty much swayed me to pick up Phantom. There is local coop, correct? I will still wait till Tuesday just to see what the next DotW is, but I'll probably be grabbing this unless something remarkable is on sale, as this title isn't as likely to see a discount.

I guess i'm the ugliest one here and cainaiac is the sexiest, damn.

Hey i just realized canniac bruh has my post in his sig, nice!

cannniaiainiaiac

#5424 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:12 PM

Yes, it allows up to 4P co-op, both offline and online. There's also a couple of unlockable characters as well (I think 3 or 4). Also, the DLC character increases the level cap from 50 to 99 as well, allowing you to completely max out your stats and skill grid.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5425 Gurren Lagann

Gurren Lagann

Walking Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:37 PM

I did not enjoy God Mode one bit it was flat out boring . Avoid this crap game and save your 800 Msp
Posted Image

#5426 freshzen

freshzen

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:58 PM

I think I only need to spend 160 microsoft points to get my full 3200 punch card. Guardian Heroes is probably my back up if there are no good on sale games this week.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5427 KMC

KMC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:03 PM

Would anybody else recommend gotham city imposters? Seems like a good buy at half off....

#5428 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:04 PM

Would anybody else recommend gotham city imposters? Seems like a good buy at half off....

if you enjoy the trial, it's a safe bet;)

76561198022997080.pngA_Different_Nate.png

#5429 WolfmanASTN

WolfmanASTN

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:07 PM

Yes, it is really fun! But I'm not sure how many people still play it on the Xbox.

It's free to play on PC though and I know ere are still people who play it there

#5430 KMC

KMC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:11 PM

Yes, it is really fun! But I'm not sure how many people still play it on the Xbox.

It's free to play on PC though and I know ere are still people who play it there

Yeah that's my only gripe, but I'm sure It'll be alright.