Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#7021 xFatalFlaw

xFatalFlaw

Dango Daikazoku!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Have any of you tried ordering from the Pizza Hut app yet?

No but I might because of the DLC car in Forza 4 for ordering pizza hut through the app. However, I'm trying to eat better so that may not happen :x

#7022 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:29 AM

Got an e-mail with both a code for the month of Live & the avatar award (it's a couch). Nothing on my 800 MSP. I just remembered I was getting it, so hopefully I'll get it before GGXXACP stops being on sale.

& here's a pic of that avatar couch:

Posted Image

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. :) I got both codes as well.

If anyone is interested, BestBuy has an in-store coupon for GCU members to get 400 MSP free with a purchase of 4000 MSP. They email you a code for the 400. I used a $25 rewards certificate to make it even cheaper :) Now to wait for my 800 MSP from Xbox Rewards!

Hopefully we have a nice sale next week so I can spend some points again.

#7023 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I want q backlog mountain for my avatar:bouncy:

I want that too. The only problem is that I'd need to shop at a Jumbotron dealer to be able to fit that backlog on screen at the moment. Although I am proud of myself. Today I passed on a few games I really want to play that were under $10 at a local used store (Shadow of the Damned, X-Com: Enemy Unknown, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit) realizing that the new xbox is coming out next year and that games will only get cheaper especially in the next two years or so as companies like Ebgames get rid of their stock to make room for PS4 and the Xbox 720 (Is there any one else besides me who prays that they call it the Super Xbox?).

#7024 discordman

discordman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

Just a quick question. Got the rewards, but is there an exclusive for all three punchcards, or is that the couch?

Posted Image

#7025 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:52 AM

As mentioned on his podcast, the #xboxreveal tweets are already written & queued up, so he just has to copy/paste, rather than doing "live tweeting". Also, he gets to work at 6am, so plenty of time to paste it into his blog ... as if we don't have our "Spylon" secret weapon finding the deals beforehand. :)

Glad to know :D

(Is there any one else besides me who prays that they call it the Super Xbox?).

Uh, I don't like that name :cry: Xbox Infinity, or Next, or even 720 are better imo. We shall know the name shortly.

#7026 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

Just a quick question. Got the rewards, but is there an exclusive for all three punchcards, or is that the couch?

If you completed all three, then I think you get invited to a VIP event in the future. I'm not sure what that means though. I also completed all three, I guess we find out later on :)

#7027 knight19

knight19

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 12:06 PM

In case this wasn't posted, several of the Fallout 3 DLCs are now 400 pts (not sure if temp or permanent): Operation: Anchorage, Point Lookout, & Broken Steel.

#7028 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:14 PM

In case this wasn't posted, several of the Fallout 3 DLCs are now 400 pts (not sure if temp or permanent): Operation: Anchorage, Point Lookout, & Broken Steel.

It's permanent on PSN, so it should be the same on XBL.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#7029 topplehat

topplehat

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

Got my 1 month of Gold, but still nothing on the 800 points. What gives?

#7030 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

Got my 1 month of Gold, but still nothing on the 800 points. What gives?

It won't arrive until the end of the month. Check your pending points on the rewards site to confirm that it's there.

#7031 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 02:33 PM

No but I might because of the DLC car in Forza 4 for ordering pizza hut through the app. However, I'm trying to eat better so that may not happen :x

I've ordered and It's simple to use. They should add a big confirmation page though outside of "Your food is getting ready..." or something along those lines I forget. I only used it during the first week it was out because you got a extra 15% off their deals. I don't think thats the case anymore.

#7032 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:03 PM

I was going to post this but you beat me to it. :) I got both codes as well.

If anyone is interested, BestBuy has an in-store coupon for GCU members to get 400 MSP free with a purchase of 4000 MSP. They email you a code for the 400. I used a $25 rewards certificate to make it even cheaper :) Now to wait for my 800 MSP from Xbox Rewards!

Hopefully we have a nice sale next week so I can spend some points again.

Just an FYI to anyone interested in this, BB has had 400 with 1600 several times in the past month. If you don't need MSP right now, you'd probably come out ahead waiting a bit;)

Ditto on wanting another good sale, haven't bought anything these last two weeks (maybe that's a good thing with our backlogs as they are8-)). Still holding out for a Minecraft sale, though at this point I wonder if it will ever go on sale for even a tiny amount:cry:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7033 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Just an FYI to anyone interested in this, BB has had 400 with 1600 several times in the past month. If you don't need MSP right now, you'd probably come out ahead waiting a bit;)

Ditto on wanting another good sale, haven't bought anything these last two weeks (maybe that's a good thing with our backlogs as they are8-)). Still holding out for a Minecraft sale, though at this point I wonder if it will ever go on sale for even a tiny amount:cry:

Newegg - Microsoft Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points (Digital Code) plus 400 bonus points

This has been going on for several days now. I ordered some a couple days ago and it took about an hour to get the codes.

TheVila.png

#7034 Dustinator

Dustinator

Why hello.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:18 PM

Well its not just a couch. Pretty cool if you ask me:)

Agreed. This avatar item is actually pretty bad ass to me. Starts off on the couch playing games, gets up and wields a sword n' shield, switches to catching a football, then nerfing someone with a dart gun and then back to the couch to game some more. Not just sitting on yer bum playing games. I think it fits me as an individual perfectly. So long Windows Phone avatar prop!!

Newegg - Microsoft Xbox LIVE 1600 Microsoft Points (Digital Code) plus 400 bonus points

This has been going on for several days now. I ordered some a couple days ago and it took about an hour to get the codes.

Thanks for the tip Vila. I'll snag one of these for(hopefully) some good upcoming sales.

EDIT: Seems the Fallout 3 dlc is 50% off. Broken Steel, Point Lookout & Operation Anchorage are all 400 msp each. Dunno if it's permanent or what, since xbldb picked it up

Edited by Dustinator, 18 May 2013 - 04:33 PM.

card.png

#7035 chuckie88

chuckie88

Molder of Minds

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

That couch/sword & shield/football/blaster avatar animation is actually pretty cool, better than I thought it would be.
-Trying to think of something creative.-

#7036 im_dany

im_dany

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Is that 1600+400 deal UK/US only or available everywhere?

#7037 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

That's a good point! The only reason I went through BBY is because of my rewards certificate. I thought I had $55 to cover the 4000 and an extra 400 MSP on top of the free 400 but I forgot I used $30 of it to buy Tomb Raider. The guy voided the transaction but after entering my email address so I got 800 free MSP while playing half for the 4000 at customer service. Otherwise deals like LordVila posted are better.

Speaking of backlogs, Raptr encouraged me to work on mine and I have beaten the campaigns of Spec Ops: The Line (awesome PTSD story), Halo 4 (meh), and The Darkness II (fun game and I'd love a sequel) all this month. Next up is Journey, Joe Danger 2 and Black Ops II. Last month I finally completed the Borderlands 2 story and this month the 3 DLC packs. Now I'm anxiously awaiting the next DLC in June and started my Psycho character. Besides digital sales I don't plan on buying anymore retail titles at launch except that LEGO Marvel game for my nephew and me. Otherwise it's the year of the backlog!

#7038 Crono-00

Crono-00

Backlog 4 Lyfe

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:02 PM

As mentioned on his podcast, the #xboxreveal tweets are already written & queued up, so he just has to copy/paste, rather than doing "live tweeting". Also, he gets to work at 6am, so plenty of time to paste it into his blog ... as if we don't have our "Spylon" secret weapon finding the deals beforehand. :)

Someone is a party pooper. A preemptive strike on the one question everyone is waiting for in this thread's drinking game. That's okay, we shouldn't put an activity to impede building tolerance to my posts, so go ahead and take your sweet medicine because I am feeling like a multi-quote post. ^^

just got my email, with the month of gold and the avatar item. Avatar item is, as expected, a Xbox Rewards branded shirt, though it also seems to include a couch and controller for your avatar, so that's something I guess. Gold came just in time, as mine ran out today (go figure). Points are pending, so all around everything worked out:D

Got mine in as well. I am still withholding the month until the sales give me a reason to redeem (or if someone from friends list wants to play something, but I still have 2-week trials for that ^^). I welcome more avatar crap for variety, gotta keep the husk of Rare busy with avatar stuff if they continue refusing to tap into nostalgia as they have for the past few years. When I do redeem the Gold Membership and get the 800MSP from rewards, I'm seriously considering combining that with my accumulating Bing points then finally buy GonD Deathsmiles 2X (I like friskytanuki's Ghandi acronym), so that will make 3 purchases at full price by me this year so everyone else waiting on it getting a discount will be happy I took the bullet as long there are no good deals in the coming weeks coming.

So is it being advertised in a specific tile on the dashboard, or do you find it by just looking it up in "All Games"?

It is not advertised on the dashboard, like the other Arc System Works games on sale. I just looked the title up on the dashboard from the alphabetical listing under Games on Demand again. This is why I guess I am long winded, when I typed "I did not confirm" it did not clearly express the actual meaning of how I did not proceed past the confirmation dialog to actually make the purchase. From the US dashboard, Battle Fantasia is still listed as $19.99 but the confirmation dialog is still 800MSP. I did not buy it because I already have the game on disc, which I believe is priced even lower still, but I think 800MSP price the dashboard offers is a discount from its usual listed price (which I cannot be sure because I did not pay much attention to the title on GonD).

Original Pinball FX is back - http://marketplace.x...15-d80258410834

I was so excited when this happened, but disappointed when the DLC was not offered as well because I would have committed to purchases on those. A shame it got delisted again hours later. I felt the physics of the 1st Pinball FX was a bit more loose. The primary reason I think it still deserves a place on the 360 even with the sequel available is due to the scoring and multipliers actually working. Pinball FX2 actually has a bug with the Agents table which makes scoring much more difficult, along with nullifying every original table's LCD display to not reflect actual scoring (they almost all do nothing to add/multiply scoring). This parallels with the delisting of Doritos Crash Course in my opinion that the original still offers something better or different than its sequel, and is not rendered obsolete to justify a delisting.

"I give you . . . the future of gaming!" - Elijah Wood @2:40

May 21, 2013 - A New Generation Revealed . . . without Frodo :cry:

Here comes a new challenger:

Xbox Live Original Promotional Video

I have no idea where I found this. I will warn that this video can give people the herpes. Sorry grasshoppers, I expect a lot of puking emoticons from those who dare watch this all the way through (not I). I guess with all of this thread's excitement over the upcoming Xbox 362 or whatever they'll call it, to show how radical Xbox Live once was XD.

Edited by Crono-00, 18 May 2013 - 11:56 PM.
Don't say I didn't warn you

#7039 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:15 PM

Am I the only one waiting for Vanilla Ice to start playing in the background?

Oh, and also this:
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?

#7040 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

I have no idea where I found this. I will warn that this video can give people the herpes. Sorry grasshoppers, I expect a lot of puking emoticons from those who dare watch this all the way through (not I). I guess with all of this thread's excitement over the upcoming Xbox 362 or whatever they'll call it, to show how radical Xbox Live once was XD.

Hoo-wah! that looks awesome. I can't wait for this to come out. It's exactly what my ethernet connection has been waiting for.

#7041 Cage017

Cage017

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

There is no punch card app. As long as you're a rewards member, everything was automatic.

Thanks.

I saw it advertised and figured the ad on the Xbox screen was some app to check your progress [since people were posting their results]. It kept wanting me to download Internet Explorer and nothing happened.

Oh well, hope I spent enough to get the 800 point bonus.

gallery_474050_8161_3173.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#7042 FinderKeeper

FinderKeeper

Late Adopter (2016, baby!)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:19 AM

Am I the only one waiting for Vanilla Ice to start playing in the background?

Oh, and also this:
:puke::puke::puke::puke::puke:

"STOP! Collaborate and Listen..."
\\:D/ \\:D/ \\:D/
I think I killed a few thousand brain cells watching that. :fridge:

402833.png FinderKeeperOSX.png

#7043 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Thanks.

I saw it advertised and figured the ad on the Xbox screen was some app to check your progress [since people were posting their results]. It kept wanting me to download Internet Explorer and nothing happened.

Oh well, hope I spent enough to get the 800 point bonus.

Just check your pending points on the Rewards site, as it'll be there if you got it and not if you missed it.

#7044 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 19 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

Pretty accurate in terms of the level of annoyance you'll deal with on XBL. Two notes: the dog painting on the wall is of Poochie and make sure you catch the end where the big reveal is that Dark Master has been
Spoiler

#7045 skonson

skonson

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:16 PM

I wouldn't hold my breath on a minecraft sale anytime soon. If I was you I'd go and try to buy a code off someone who won it free off Raptr or something like that as you'll likely get the best savings that way.

#7046 Narsis84

Narsis84

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 12:45 AM

Is it Tuesday yet?

Also, bets on if ol' Nelson will be posting our two weeks on Tuesday with all the hoopla going on or if we get by on just what xbldb picks up for the week?

#7047 yokuo

yokuo

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

I just wish Microsoft would send me my avatar prop already. I completed all 3 punchcards...
You should pretend there's something witty here.

#7048 Dthib87

Dthib87

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

Pretty accurate in terms of the level of annoyance you'll deal with on XBL. Two notes: the dog painting on the wall is of Poochie and make sure you catch the end where the big reveal is that Dark Master has been

Spoiler

Don't know what poochie is but that's a George Rodrigue painting, it's part of the blue dog series. He's a pretty famous local painter and restaurateur from where I used to live.

#7049 Jackie Chandler

Jackie Chandler

Jamanandayo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:33 AM

This is the best Arc System Works deal I got this week.

#7050 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:03 PM

Upcoming deals & content blog is up.
Posted ImagePosted Image