Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#10681 foltest121

foltest121

Demo Team!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:56 PM

So far, I've gotten

Orange Box

Left 4 Dead 2

Borderlands 2

Assassin's Creed III

Trying to decide on getting Mass Effect, Dragon Age: Origins, or just picking up lots of BL2 DLC

If you are into deep rpg's with amazing stories and characters Mass Effect and Dragon Age are the way to go. I read that BL2 vanilla is just as fun.

Sex!!Sex!!Sex!!

#10682 weeman43302

weeman43302

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:04 PM

We will know the prices for the games tomorrow before the ones today are gone right?

Yeah. The final day's sales should show up around 7-8 EST tonight. 

:pc: Titanfall, Minecraft

:360: Deadpool, State of Decay: Breakdown

:3ds: Pokemon X, Adventure Time Explore the Dungeon Because I DON'T KNOW!

#10683 naughtynuggetz

naughtynuggetz

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

You can connect a maximum of two USB drives to your 360 right?

Correct, they also doubled the accessible storage of USB devices to 32 gb from the previous 16 gb limit sometime last year. 

#10684 Dragunz

Dragunz

I Like Pho.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

Yeah. The final day's sales should show up around 7-8 EST tonight.

First Day Sales went dead around 3pm EST yesterday. I remember because I was at work and asked if I should but via Xbox.com or wait until I get out of work. Good thing I listened to everyone. Was definitely dead by 4:30pm (when I left work).

Want to win a $25 Amazon GC AND get a FREE Xbox One? Click HERE

426575.png

The Super Awesum CAG Crew: killer9, blissskr, advanced, GenPirate, DarkRider23, rickyff7, LegendK7ll3r, and whoever I missed.

#10685 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

Tomb raider if 15$ forza if 15$ crysis 3 if 15$ would b awesome

Thief thief thief! You're a thief! Also, who the hell puts $ AFTER the number, what is wrong with you!!

#10686 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Thief thief thief! You're a thief! Also, who the hell puts $ AFTER the number, what is wrong with you!!

And who the hell quotes yo gabba gabba :)  

#10687 Althax

Althax

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:55 PM

I will add some BL2 DLC input for those deciding.

I enjoyed all the DLC stories (haven't played the newest one yet). In terms of gameplay time scarletts is the longest followed by torgue and then hammerlock.

In addition to time each one has achievements on it's own. Also, each offers Raid style bosses which are great for drops. Scarletts has 2 raid bosses though 1 is rarely fought because hes a gimmicky fight. Scarlett also has (had?) a helpful bug which allows you to trick the game into thinking there are 4 players in the game. This is helpful in increasing drop rates and challenge factor. This could have been fixed in updates recently though. It also has an exploitable treasure room which can be farmed easily (again, unless it was fixed recently).

Torgue has 1 raid boss who is probably the easiest to solo, has mad drop rates, and is worth the purchase for farming purposes. In addition, the torgue DLC has torgue vending machines with guaranteed orange (rarest) rarity items in them. It makes finding those orange torgue guns much easier!

Hammerlock's is the most different of the DLCs with more unique enemies than the other 2 and also comes with a raid boss ass well.

In terms of gameplay I would recommend scarlett, torgue, then hammerlock. In terms of additional end game content for farming purposes I would put torgue on the same level as scarletts and hammerlock right after.

I found all 3 DLC stories to be fun and really funny though hammerlock gets knocked a lot, I think it has one of the funniest bosses in the game and torgue is hilarious just because of the torgue character.

#10688 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

For those of you who bought the orange box. Does team fortress 2 still have people that play online? Or is it dead. Really been wanting to play it again. Also L4D2 is a steal for $10 bucks. Online is still great and fun tobplay with friends.

How is the witcher 2? Thinking about getting that and Gears of war if they are cheap enough.

Witcher 2 from what was said yesterday (in a recap) is a very good adventure that has tough controls and is a bit too hard for casual gamers. Not the easiest game to learn but rewarding if you get past the first hour or so. Also, apparently there is some sexual content to be aware of. Definitely an adult game as far as the content goes. Personally, I'm looking forward to diving into it as I'm an RPG fan.

4ec5ccaa-5f05-42ab-bf25-403499b91b10_zps

and Dirk Nowitzki. After watching the 2011 Finals, I refuse to believe he's human. - Groo the Wanderer

#10689 xtreme_Zr2

xtreme_Zr2

Mr. Sonny Crockett

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

We will know the prices for the games tomorrow before the ones today are gone right?

We should start seeing the new prices around 8 or 9 pm EST tonight.

Currently playing:

GTA V

ME3MP 
Fire Emblem: Awakening

#10690 stinkytick

stinkytick

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

We should start seeing the new prices around 8 or 9 pm EST tonight.

So is that after or before they cancel the previous day sales?

#10691 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

I was thinking about TW2... Angry Joe's review was great, I just don't like to THINK that much during a game. I used to, but now that I'm an old bastard, I just want to queue something up and play. Still thinking about Orange box, just to try Portal out...

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#10692 garrett007

garrett007

Before You Go-Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:55 PM

crysis 3, worth $20?

201224.pnggarrett007.png

#10693 David Hibiki

David Hibiki

Well then...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

I don't want to hear anything more of MS or any company not lowering prices to keep it friendly with retailers, cause some of these sales are really bringing the hurt.

Will be interesting to see XB1 sales when everything is digital the same day It's released.

#10694 omgmoosetracks

omgmoosetracks

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:09 PM

And who the hell quotes yo gabba gabba :)

that's from yo gabba gabba? Lol I was just saying it to lame ol instacoin. He's a thief!

I love corgi's. And moose. Oh and games/trading.

omgmoosetracks.png          OMGmoosetracks.jpg

#10695 Friend of Sonic

Friend of Sonic

Toneman.org coming soon..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Correct, they also doubled the accessible storage of USB devices to 32 gb from the previous 16 gb limit sometime last year.

I really hope when the 360 winds down they lift the limit entirely
You hurt the right person and you're wrong for life.

#10696 Razzel

Razzel

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

Yeah, I think the Lego games are still on sale, so I will definitely wait to the prices for the Friday games before deciding if I will buy Forza.

#10697 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

crysis 3, worth $20?

As I see it, no. Campaign is just OK (it also glitched at the end and I never got the final cutscene or achievement) and multiplayer was practically DOA. You should find a disc copy cheaper soon enough if you really want to play it.

#10698 thenutman69321

thenutman69321

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

I don't want to hear anything more of MS or any company not lowering prices to keep it friendly with retailers, cause some of these sales are really bringing the hurt.

Will be interesting to see XB1 sales when everything is digital the same day It's released.

Awesome sale for sure but one really good GoD sale a year if you're lucky doesn't really make up for most of them being way overpriced the rest of the time imo.

#10699 S0DA POPINSKI

S0DA POPINSKI

Cagasaurus

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

All over the Witcher at $10. Anyone who has played a bit of Forza Horizon have any opinions?

Looking for Complete and Very Good - Mint Original Xbox games and Accessories. Please take a look at my list for trades :)

http://www.cheapassg...-original-xbox/

#10700 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

All over the Witcher at $10. Anyone who has played a bit of Forza Horizon have any opinions?

LOVED it. Well worth $15. I rebought it just to grind through some races again. Best racing game of this generation, IMO.

Currently Playing:
:360: Rocksmith 2014

:xb1: Titanfall, Madden 15

#10701 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

You should read back a couple of pages because people have posted their opinion about Forza.

#10702 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

It's really fun, even if you're a casual racing fan like me. Easy to pickup and play but still very rewarding. I'd get it.

http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#10703 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

Was wondering why Games Room popped up on xbldb, started it and tried to buy the first game I came across it says item no longer available...? Was hoping they made all the games free =P (suggested something like this on major nelsons blog during the sale because someone wanted to have a classic arcade bundle =P)

#10704 zeb06

zeb06

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Was wondering why Games Room popped up on xbldb, started it and tried to buy the first game I came across it says item no longer available...? Was hoping they made all the games free =P (suggested something like this on major nelsons blog during the sale because someone wanted to have a classic arcade bundle =P)

Does the game room stuff no longer work? I haven't tried for years lol but I think it's still a couple gigs or more that I could free up

Veign06.jpg       76561198006310375.png

Free iTunes and Amazon credit -- http://m.freemyapps....re/url/c1b61416

#10705 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:55 PM

Yup, we'll probably see similar sales on the X1 in the year 2021.

#10706 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

You think you've  got it bad... I've got a 20 GB hard drive that I desperately need to upgrade. I've got at least 10 games I can't fit on there. 

I can't decide on a 120 or 250 though. 

dude just go for the 250gb, i thought 120 was enough for me until the end of time, then i was forced to buy a 250 because im a capitalist whore and now I need a 320 :/

WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#10707 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:25 PM

dude just go for the 250gb, i thought 120 was enough for me until the end of time, then i was forced to buy a 250 because im a capitalist whore and now I need a 320 :/

Uhm the 320 GB are full right now it won't help for long either =P lol

#10708 InsertCoin

InsertCoin

Player One

• Trading Ban

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

Forza is $15, Crysis 3 is $20 (both are today deals)

I would have missed this deal if you wouldn't have quoted me. The deals aren't showing up on my Xbox. Just purchased forza. Thanks again.
You have 7 Continues Left. Press START to continue... 9...8...7!

#10709 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

Is anyone else having issues buying L4D2?  I'm on Xbox.com and bough the Orange Box (again) just fine, but the sale for L4D won't go through.

#10710 FreeStuffFan85

FreeStuffFan85

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Is anyone else having issues buying L4D2?  I'm on Xbox.com and bough the Orange Box (again) just fine, but the sale for L4D won't go through.

Yeah, I'm also having issues. I picked up The Orange Box with MS points earlier, but I keep getting an error message when I try to buy L4D2 on the Xbox marketplace. Xbox.com gives me "This purchase cannot be completed at this time." I've been trying for over 30 minutes now.  :cry:

Just trying to add these to my account since I will be away from my Xbox and computer for the rest of today.