Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#10711 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:06 PM

I don't want to hear anything more of MS or any company not lowering prices to keep it friendly with retailers, cause some of these sales are really bringing the hurt.

Will be interesting to see XB1 sales when everything is digital the same day It's released.

This!

And it's not like this is the first time they have done a sale like this. They have been having great sales like this for the last 18 months or so!
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#10712 LewisAGarcia

LewisAGarcia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:08 PM

I caved and bought Crysis 1 after hearing my brother rave on about the series. I don't regret a second of it, its awesome so far.

@LewisAGarcia

:3ds: 0791 - 2662 - 2322

76561197999773621.pngAddFriend.png

Gamertag

Spoiler

#10713 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:23 PM

Yeah, I'm also having issues. I picked up The Orange Box with MS points earlier, but I keep getting an error message when I try to buy L4D2 on the Xbox marketplace. Xbox.com gives me "This purchase cannot be completed at this time." I've been trying for over 30 minutes now.  :cry:

Just trying to add these to my account since I will be away from my Xbox and computer for the rest of today.

Having the same issue on my xbox and on xbox.com

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#10714 MagmaOasis

MagmaOasis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

Quick question about the Void Walkers arsenal: Are the bone charms you get with it automatically unlocked? or do you have to find them in game? And i noticed that all of it was originally retailer exclusive DLC and that each part of it adds an extra slot for bone charms. So does that mean you get 4 additional bone charm slots?

#10715 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

Having the same issue on my xbox and on xbox.com

This is getting ridiculous now.

#10716 Zoron007

Zoron007

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:34 PM

I dont know if anyone knew this but Max Payne 3 is still $10 from Tuesday.

#10717 get_loud

get_loud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:36 PM

Quick question about the Void Walkers arsenal: Are the bone charms you get with it automatically unlocked? or do you have to find them in game? And i noticed that all of it was originally retailer exclusive DLC and that each part of it adds an extra slot for bone charms. So does that mean you get 4 additional bone charm slots?

They're in your apartment, on the desk next to your bed.  You also get extra $$ too.  Best to use at the start of the game.  Yes, you can get up to 5 extra slots for buying the DLC and the extra slot in-game.

#10718 phantom4

phantom4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:37 PM

I have a question to those that have used multiple hard drives on their xbox slim. I have a spare 250gig hard drive, my current hard drive is down to 50gigs, so i need to swap hard drives soon.
Is it just a simple thing, put it in, format it, then start using it? And also, what happens to the list of games i currently have on the full hard drive, will they disappear from my list of games, or will they still be there but unplayable?

2hqwfsz.jpgfs_pc.png

#10719 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

It may have been mentioned but free game on July 16th is ACII.

http://news.xbox.com...-july-xbox-live

Posted Image

#10720 karekano126

karekano126

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

I traded my copy to gamestop yesterday for 19.50, but after seeing the other guy post about amazons 25.00 tradein looks like i lost out on some extra money. Just checked, (i didnt lose out, i didnt have the limited ed.)
It was tempting to rebuy at 600 points but forza wasnt really my type of game, i only bought it because it was on sale for 15.00 awhile back. The game was open world driving, which was cool, but it got boring after awhile, i wanted police chases to happen but i guess since i'm more of a need 4 speed hot pursuit type racing fan that's where my problem lies.

I'm seeing a trade in value of 12.47 for the regular, 25.54 for the limited edition on amazon. Did the trade-in value nuke that fast from yesterday?

#10721 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

I dont know if anyone knew this but Max Payne 3 is still $10 from Tuesday.

It's in the OP.

It may have been mentioned but free game on July 16th is ACII.

http://news.xbox.com...-july-xbox-live

It's in the OP.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10722 Zoron007

Zoron007

CAG Newbie

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

It's in the OP.

It's in the OP.

Oh sorry I missed that.

#10723 Gregtastic

Gregtastic

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

This is getting ridiculous now.

XboxSupport twitter says they know and are looking into it.

Follow @num1greg
TrueAchievements
XBL: Gregtastic

#10724 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:03 PM

The season pass includes all four campaign add-ons, and 11 extra experience levels, but it does not include the Mechromancer or Psycho Bandit characters who are currently on sale as well.

The season pass WAS on sale only once so far, and that sale is not a part of this event.

When it did go on sale, the Season Pass was 25% off.  1800 points, better known as $22.50 in the real world.

Buying the season pass while it's not on sale = $30

All season pass content purchased at current sale / regular prices = 27.50

Three DLC packs at 50% off plus the latest one at full price = $25

Two DLC packs at 50% off--skipping Hammerlock--plus the latest one at full price = $20
 P
Two DLC packs at 50% off--skipping Hammerlock--and waiting for a sale on Tiny Tina's DLC = $15 (probably).

Personally, I'd buy Scarlett and Torgue, and skip Hammerlock.

Before you download the 11 extra levels, I'd also wait to see if you're still interested in playing the third playthrough after the level cap.  The 3rd playthrough itself is free to everyone, but the extra levels are not*.  Hitting the cap with all four starter characters though--if you even hit the cap with one or two--takes a long, long time.

* If that seems crazy to you, it really isn't.  Adding new levels isn't as simple as changing the number.  New levels mean that skills can be used together which were previously impossible to combine--such as using two final tier skills at once--so the entire game needed to be adjusted and re-balanced.

Thanks for the help! I'm going with the two dlcs (Scarlett and Torgue) and waiting for Tina to drop in price. Those points saved can be used wisely in the upcoming days of the sale.
Posted Image

#10725 JitteryBrah

JitteryBrah

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:28 PM

Predictions on cost of Bioshock Infi?  If it's 20 bucks, instabuy.  

That's the only game I want so far.  

I might pick up Crysis 1 and maybe Mass Effect.  

Got the Orange Box and it's amazing. 

#10726 QDizzle

QDizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

is anyone else seeing left 4 dead as 29 bucks still? Cause its been like that all day also how is the online community?

#10727 therealdanhill

therealdanhill

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

is anyone else seeing left 4 dead as 29 bucks still? Cause its been like that all day also how is the online community?

Yep, not 10 bucks for me.

I don't get the decision to not have a GameCube disc reader on the system. Is it just to resell GCN games as eShop downloads later? Is it to keep the cost down? I can't imagine adding GameCube BC would cost a lot of money.

Posted Image

#10728 urmomlikesme

urmomlikesme

Random Fart Noise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

What time do the next day sales go live? Wanna know if I should re pick up L4D2 or tomb raider if its $15 or $10. Does anyone think L4D2 will get extended since its priced at $30?

Posted Image

#10729 uniracer45

uniracer45

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

EDIT one minute later: I had the game installed to the hard drive (but needed the disc in the system), completely forgot, now I can buy the game digitally. Heads up for anyone else with this problem!

I want to buy Forza Horizon digitally but I used to play on a disc, so on the screen that allows you to buy the game usually, it says "Play Now" instead of "Buy for $14.99" so I can't figure out how to buy it. even tried going to the xbox live marketplace website on my laptop and can't find the buy page. surely other people have bought discs for games (and used them) before buying the same game digitally. How can I do this as well?

#10730 boogie4114

boogie4114

Enthusiastic Gamer!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

I want to buy Forza Horizon digitally but I used to play on a disc, so on the screen that allows you to buy the game usually, it says "Play Now" instead of "Buy for $14.99" so I can't figure out how to buy it. even tried going to the xbox live marketplace website on my laptop and can't find the buy page. surely other people have bought discs for games (and used them) before buying the same game digitally. How can I do this as well?

I think that may be because you still have the disc versions installation file still on your hard drive. Delete it if you do and see if it comes up to buy the digital version.

#10731 QDizzle

QDizzle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:01 PM

uninstall forza from hdd

#10732 Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:09 PM

This!

And it's not like this is the first time they have done a sale like this. They have been having great sales like this for the last 18 months or so!

When have they done a sale like this?

#10733 WV Matsui

WV Matsui

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:14 PM

When have they done a sale like this?

I would need to check the XBLD but it has happened quite often. Hell I got Bioshock for $5 last time and Orange Box and L4D2 for $10. That was a few months ago. Halloween I got Metro for $5.
Always posting from my iPhone sorry for any formatting issues! :bouncy:

#10734 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Correct, they also doubled the accessible storage of USB devices to 32 gb from the previous 16 gb limit sometime last year. 

Thanks for the confirmation. I already have one full 32gb stick. I will be pciking up another. It sucks though that I have more than 32gb of games that need to be downloaded. I guess that means I will have to delete some stuff aferall.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#10735 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

I would need to check the XBLD but it has happened quite often. Hell I got Bioshock for $5 last time and Orange Box and L4D2 for $10. That was a few months ago. Halloween I got Metro for $5.

While I don't think it's time to crown Xbox as the king of digital sales or even say they're on par with Steam, I do agree that the 3 or 4 Ultimate Game Sales they've had have been very very good.

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#10736 jaso

jaso

Requiesce in pace

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:26 PM

Couple of things: Gears is supposedly showing as $30 according to someone on SD. I tried checking the web page for the game, but it wasn't loading properly.

And MS is well aware of the pricing issues people are having and are working to fix it.

#10737 superberde

superberde

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:27 PM

Gears of War: Judgment $29.99 - £24.99 - 29,99 €

#10738 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:29 PM

Looks like MP3 is dead, as well as most of the deals from yesterday's family sale.  Would it kill them to just readjust all the prices at the same time?

Also, yes, Judgment is showing $30.  Not much of a drop there.

#10739 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:30 PM

Infinite is $40.  Dreams crushed.

#10740 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Lamp Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

MGR:R $30

Xcom $20

Absolution $10

Looks like we're still waiting on Tomb Raider.