Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#1051 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:15 AM

But they taste like candy!

I know, actually had some fun before. Got burned out of them after i reached 100k gamerscore.For good i guess? Some of my friends get really addicted to the point they buy extra consoles, few copies from the same game in order to easily boost online achievements. ;)

#1052 boris1

boris1

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I know, actually had some fun before. Got burned out of them after i reached 100k gamerscore.For good i guess? Some of my friends get really addicted to the point they buy extra consoles, few copies from the same game in order to easily boost online achievements. ;)

wtf lol

#1053 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:29 AM

well at least im not THAT bad lol. though i am only around 53000....some is boosted or i hunted. but over half of that is playing entirely too much xbox

#1054 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:31 AM

Extra consoles, extra games and extra Live subscriptions? This is an entirely new level of forever alone, if you can't even go to a forum and ask for someone to boost with you...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1055 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

Extra consoles, extra games and extra Live subscriptions? This is an entirely new level of forever alone, if you can't even go to a forum and ask for someone to boost with you...

i would love to say this shocks me but honestly it doesnt. ive played online before and am well aware of the boosting desperation that occurs. i'd suspect it occurs because some games are impossible to get otherwise due to their age. also given how many people here have multiple copies of the same console floating around this wouldn't be all together shocking. also its nigh impossible to reach 100k points without boosting. ive got easily 100 games in my played list and with boosting im only at 53000. and well there are quite a few people with such a high gamer score.

i do blame that one guy who is shooting for a million though thats just sad lol.

#1056 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:37 PM

You're only talking 15,000 gamerscore a year to reach 100k. Seems more improbable not to hit that number if you've had the console since launch.

#1057 Jaysonguy

Jaysonguy

Mr. Wonderful

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Why can't I ever get a female stalker?

I always wanted a stalker that was an amazing cook.

Imagine, someone around all the time always giving you things like lasagna and fresh baked cookies.

Editor in chief at PanicGamer.com
Steam ID: TheRealJaysonguy
We're looking for people who want to review games, interested? Email: jobs@panicgamer.com

#1058 cficare

cficare

Respek Knuckles

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:32 PM

My gamerscore currently sits at 111703. I've been playing since the Christmas after launch. "boosted" achievements probably account for around 1000 of that. 100k is totally possible.

#1059 DrUnkAgAIn

DrUnkAgAIn

I like money.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:56 PM

My Gamerscore is just over 117,000 right now. I hit 100,000 last year.

It's really not that hard get 20,000 Gamerscore a year.

#1060 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Speaking of stalkers, I'm randomly throwing friend requests on XBL whenever I see some CAGers sporting their gamertag under his/her profile picture, so hope you fellas don't mind... \\:D/

And yes, I'm guilty of checking those Co-Optimus reviews too, made by eastx or not, since I play couch co-op often with my friends/missus and I like to know what type of multiplayer can we expect from this or that game. I find them really useful most of the times and didn't even had a clue that the Avatar Football issue was reaching such absurd heights... I just thought of them as posts made by a particularly eager fan for a game I wasn't interested in, and that's all.

Now, back to cross fingers while combing through tyler's list, up to date or not! :bouncy:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1061 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Konami has announced that a revised version of Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels will release on XBLA.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus is an updated release of a game that originally launched on XBLA in November 2010. This version of the game and its associated booster packs were subsequently removed from the marketplace in October 2011 for reasons unknown.
According to Konami, Decade Duels Plus includes new features and functionality, such as:

• Voice and text-chat functionality
  • Over 2,000 playable cards, including cards featured in Yu-Gi-Oh! Classic, GX and 5D’s decks
  • Hundreds of additional cards and packs for purchase through the Xbox Live marketplace
  • Online multiplayer with up to four-player Tag Duel for total Yu-Gi-Oh! supremacy
  • Game play customization with user-created rules
  • Multiple game modes, including Quick Match, Rank Match and Custom Match
  • Online leaderboards to track your stats against anyone worldwide
In good news, Konami advises that those players who purchased the original version can download the new version free of charge.

For others, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels Plus will cost 800 MSP when it releases at an as-yet unspecified date.

Source: http://www.xblafans....l#ixzz2KbFtF1l8
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Share Alike
Follow us: @xblafans on Twitter | xblafans on Facebook

Happy =D Will be free for me =D

#1062 KenKeith

KenKeith

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

I thought the avatar football promotion seemed strange too and I don't post any links

#1063 VideoGameCollector17

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

So excited for Yu-Gi-Oh!! I just found my old cards and really hope a fair amount of people play it! I wish there was a release date though /:

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#1064 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Cheers to all the CAGs with 100000+ gamerscore. I hope to join that club myself before too long. :)

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#1065 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:31 PM

So excited for Yu-Gi-Oh!! I just found my old cards and really hope a fair amount of people play it! I wish there was a release date though /:

You do know it's become farily different from the original right? It's all about synchro fusion and adding up levels of monsters in order to make another monster. I miss the simple yugioh of 2003-2006.

#1066 VideoGameCollector17

VideoGameCollector17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

You do know it's become farily different from the original right? It's all about synchro fusion and adding up levels of monsters in order to make another monster. I miss the simple yugioh of 2003-2006.

I've heard it's changed, but not that much. I didn't know it was about that now /: the 2003-2006 version of Yu-Gi-Oh was so simple and fun. I guess it won't hurt to try this game out, but it's a shame that it's not the same! I found my old Obelisk the Tormentor card from seeing the Yu-Gi-Oh movie in the theater :p

sig.gif

Free Wii U Conga Line!

http://www.cheapassg...ash-conga-line/

#1067 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

I'll hopefully hit 100,000 Gamerscore by the end of next year. I do play a decent amount of PS3 as well, so it may take longer.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1068 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

i would love to say this shocks me but honestly it doesnt. ive played online before and am well aware of the boosting desperation that occurs. i'd suspect it occurs because some games are impossible to get otherwise due to their age. also given how many people here have multiple copies of the same console floating around this wouldn't be all together shocking. also its nigh impossible to reach 100k points without boosting. ive got easily 100 games in my played list and with boosting im only at 53000. and well there are quite a few people with such a high gamer score.

i do blame that one guy who is shooting for a million though thats just sad lol.

Just because you have 100k doesn't mean you've boosted. Have I boosted, yes I have. But I also have over 300 games "started" according to TrueAchievements. And that's not counting the 60 or so games in my backlog. If you play enough games, you could easily hit 100k, boosting or not.

card.png

#1069 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Once upon a time there was an actual reason to raise your score. Years ago they had a contest with point prizes for those who could raise their gamer score by x amount in x amount of time. I felt dirty playing vampire rain, because I was boosting, and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

I'm sure now there are far too many Xbox owners to run another contest like that, but at least at ONE point in time, there was a reason (excuse) to boost or play terrible games for their score.

#1070 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:43 PM

Once upon a time there was an actual reason to raise your score. Years ago they had a contest with point prizes for those who could raise their gamer score by x amount in x amount of time. I felt dirty playing vampire rain, because I was boosting, and it's one of the worst games I've ever played.

I'm sure now there are far too many Xbox owners to run another contest like that, but at least at ONE point in time, there was a reason (excuse) to boost or play terrible games for their score.

They do have the 2% MSP rebate now! The threshold is only 25,000 GS though.

But the "reason" to raise your gamerscore is the same as the "reason" to play videogames at all. Because it's fun. People like to say that gamerscore "doesn't mean anything" or "doesn't get you anything" (not accusing you of this), as if that's somehow different from just playing videogames in the first place.

#1071 JStryke

JStryke

Angel With A Shotgun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:55 PM

To change the subject, a game I'm still on the fence about. Rocketbowl. Anybody actually buy this and want to try and sway me one way or the other?

card.png

#1072 BettercallPitPat

BettercallPitPat

to-go cup

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Well, I meant the "reason" to boost or otherwise play crappy games you wouldn't normally look twice at if they didn't have super easy achievements. I spend far to much of my life gaming to wag my finger at those who do the same, but boosting seems like a chore and not fun.

#1073 tylerh1701

tylerh1701

Proud New Fridge Owner!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

They do have the 2% MSP rebate now! The threshold is only 25,000 GS though.

But the "reason" to raise your gamerscore is the same as the "reason" to play videogames at all. Because it's fun. People like to say that gamerscore "doesn't mean anything" or "doesn't get you anything" (not accusing you of this), as if that's somehow different from just playing videogames in the first place.

Well said. My favorite part about achievements/trophies is that it basically just keeps a running log of everything I play. I wrote a CAG blog write up for all of my gaming in January, and all I had to use to write it was my achievement and trophy lists.

tylerh1701.png jTZR76M.png

Check out my CAG Blog! NEWEST POST (6/27/14): E3 Wrap Up - Nintendo & Final Thoughts

#1074 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Well, I meant the "reason" to boost or otherwise play crappy games you wouldn't normally look twice at if they didn't have super easy achievements. I spend far to much of my life gaming to wag my finger at those who do the same, but boosting seems like a chore and not fun.

Agreed there! playing a game I don't want to play JUST for achievements is beyond the pale for me. To each their own though.

#1075 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Did those two assholes racing to a million gamerscore succeed yet?

#1076 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

Did those two assholes racing to a million gamerscore succeed yet?

Nope.

Stallion83 - 844,138
smrnov - 827,461

Grabbed those totals off TA.

#1077 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

Oh cool thanks. I saw their interview in GI like 2-3 months ago.

I dunno if thats impressive or sad.

#1078 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Snipers and dirty tricks

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I dunno if thats impressive or sad.

At least in Stallion's case, I think his website pays the bills. If my full time job was to play Xbox and blog about it, I'd personally call that a win. :D

#1079 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

Next month is gonna be a great time to play games and get paid at the same time

#1080 simmias

simmias

Likely to be eaten by a grue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:27 PM

I always assumed they were teams of people. I guess not?

I actually usually have fun during boosting sessions, but admittedly I don't do them a lot since I prefer single-player games. When you've got a big group turret boosting in Bioshock 2 or stun boosting in Assassin's Creed it can be pretty fun shooting the shit. I've met some great gamers thanks to boosting.