Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#1411 JasonTerminator

JasonTerminator

Not a psychopath!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:01 PM

So the Elder Scrolls sale is another massive waste of time, stuff that was on sale 2 months ago, when they could be giving us Fallout NV DLC or the Banjo Kazooie games.

The people at Microsoft need to get their heads outta their asses.
Posted Image

#1412 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

So the Elder Scrolls sale is another massive waste of time, stuff that was on sale 2 months ago, when they could be giving us Fallout NV DLC or the Banjo Kazooie games.

The people at Microsoft need to get their heads outta their asses.

I wish microsoft would put the banjo games on sale again. Last time they went on sale like 3 years ago I didnt have money.

#1413 PrinnyJ

PrinnyJ

Stay@HomeDad Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:07 PM

You guys never bought the Velvet GOTY Edition, which included both on the same disc, when it was $24.99 on Amazon (after discount code) exactly 367 days ago? Tisk tisk ...

Eh, it was the EU version, which was supposed to be region free, but it wasn't enough savings since I had the CE. The ps3 sale where it was $5 was awesome, though :D

^Thanks Cornelius, looks great. I updated the title. When a price drop on Two Worlds II DLC makes the title, you know it's a poor week of deals.

At least it's something that needs a sale and hasn't been on sale before, so I wouldn't call it a poor week. A niche title, sure, but not a bad sale.

f9509b11-21f8-4b63-811c-78542e58e3cf_zps

Latest reviews: Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (PS3)

Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends (PS3)

New!  "Game Rants" now available exclusively on the X-Pound Proboards: Handsome Jack

Latest video: PAX 2013: Bayonetta 2 Impressions   |   Check out the latest XGR podcast on Youtube!

#1414 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

The Two Worlds II Royal Editions were like $10 a month ago. I was so salted that I didn't get one.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2

#1415 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for all the replies on limbo.. I ended up passing on it for now... Did end up buying spelunky.... Oh boy... One play through and the frustration has already begun lol

If your looking to buy Limbo, get the XBLA triple pacl. For $10 on newegg or amazon you get Limbo, as well as Splosion Man and Trials HD. Granted if you already have the other's it's not as good a deal, but $5 at least off standard price

#1416 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

I am mad scientist, it so cool!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Crappy sales week = Backlog monster doesn't get fed

This! I'm somewhat relieved there's nothing for me this week, I've stopped counting all the games I've yet to play:drool:

#1417 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

damn wanted to play skyrim in the next week or two and was hoping all the DLC would go on sale oh well...

#1418 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:39 PM

Meh I actually liked Lucidity but now I saw the achievements for this game...

#1419 kdiddy1989

kdiddy1989

2011 NBA Champions

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

Two Worlds II huh? That would mean I would have to look for Two Worlds first, then throw them both into a backlog already consisting of a couple RPGs...As tempting as it is (not really THAT tempting) I think I could use some time to play what I have, especially after the tear that BB went on these past couple weeks.

No reason to spend money feeding a full stomach.

#1420 akathatoneguy

akathatoneguy

Use your turn signal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Two Worlds II huh? That would mean I would have to look for Two Worlds first, then throw them both into a backlog already consisting of a couple RPGs...As tempting as it is (not really THAT tempting) I think I could use some time to play what I have, especially after the tear that BB went on these past couple weeks.

No reason to spend money feeding a full stomach.

By all accounts, the original Two Worlds is a miserable game, and the second was much-improved. I usually like to play all of a series, too, but in this case you'd probably be more than safe just getting the second. Now, whether even THAT would be worth it is up for debate. Personally, I'll stick to the the backlog I've already got and continue passing on Two Worlds II.
Check out my MMA editorials at Fightmania, or my gaming blog.

#1421 Shifty Effect

Shifty Effect

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:16 AM

We all know that the DotW sale is lame, so nuff said. But anyone wanting to pick up Trine 2, it a nice co-op focused game so make sure your getting it to play with a friend. A nice deal IMO, I picked it up during the New Year's Sale.

#1422 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

How shiny are your balls?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:40 AM

You guys would be singing another tune if the Two Worlds II Velvet Edition were being sold for a price that's a lot closer to what it was elsewhere recently. I don't know how they think $30 is a reasonable sale price for all of that.

#1423 seppuku

seppuku

too many games, not enough time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

I bought Zombie Apocalypse at the last minute this morning, and convinced a friend to do the same. I hope the online play doesn't suck.

I also ended up buying N+ late last night after replaying the demo and watching the ninja explode into a dozen pieces after getting a little too close to one of those mines.

The bad news is that my backlog just keeps growing. The good news is that I'm running out of titles that I'm interested in.
XBLA wish list: Phantom Breaker: Battlegrounds, Double Dragon Neon...
Xbox 360 wish list: Diablo III

#1424 timberwolfbobby

timberwolfbobby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

FYI, I won the scratch and match for the first time today, and the prize was a stupid avatar hat. I thought you were supposed to win a game?

#1425 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:59 AM

FYI, I won the scratch and match for the first time today, and the prize was a stupid avatar hat. I thought you were supposed to win a game?

You are if the prize is a game. Apparently this week's prize is a stupid avatar hat.

#1426 canvasch

canvasch

El Chi Po

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

boooo this sucks.. i was hoping / expecting dragonborn and dawn guard to be half price! >.<

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1427 eastx

eastx

The Fighting Bomber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

By all accounts, the original Two Worlds is a miserable game, and the second was much-improved. I usually like to play all of a series, too, but in this case you'd probably be more than safe just getting the second. Now, whether even THAT would be worth it is up for debate. Personally, I'll stick to the the backlog I've already got and continue passing on Two Worlds II.

The first Two Worlds has a very rough charm - it's ambitious but suffers from technical problems, terrible voice acting, and a poor translation. Most people would be happier skipping it and going straight to part 2.

#1428 Jaskull

Jaskull

Satellaview!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

The first Two Worlds has a very rough charm - it's ambitious but suffers from technical problems, terrible voice acting, and a poor translation. Most people would be happier skipping it and going straight to part 2.

I did just that and, personally, couldn't adapt to the clunky controls and mechanics enough to sit through a second sitting of II. This is coming from a WRPG lover, too. There are just too many other good games to have to work hard to like one like this. Just go back to Skyrim or Amalur and be comfortable.

#1429 jbman289

jbman289

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:14 AM

Can anyone confirm that the Two Worlds II Pirate expansion doesn't require the original game disc to play? I've found articles back when the expansion was first announced stating it doesn't require the disc but I just can't find anything recent to confirm it.

#1430 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Got the Capcom Arcade Cabinet demo finally, but I must wait to get home to try it... anybody already did? How's the "one credit only" gimmick for Black Tiger working? Are you simply not allowed to continue or do you need to actually relaunch the game every time you die?
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#1431 Kerig

Kerig

Brown Thursday = $149 Zelda 3DSXL!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

A bit late in posting this but since it's a price drop now it's not too late to pick it up:

I've been playing the Undergarden this week (240msp), and it's the most relaxing fun I've ever had with an XBLA game. Pinball FX2 used to be my go-to blood pressure release valve, but I've either gotten worse at it or lately I'm just choosing all the bad tables that I haven't gotten the hang of (Ghost Rider, you can kiss my grits)

Undergarden will bring back fun memories to anyone who bought Soul Bubbles on the DS. It feels like a sequel even though everything about it from story to mechanics are mostly opposite. I bought the DLC, too (extra 50g for $1) and although only two levels, the second DLC level was definitely worth the buck to me.

Also: Shank 2 = blood pressure through the roof and almost controller through the TV.

:3ds: 1607-3007-9618

cag%20kerig.png

#1432 xbox_man

xbox_man

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Ps3 owners look to get it better with Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
Black Tiger 1 credit for xbox players but ps3 get unlimited.
There are also a few games xbox cant get singles of, only packs.

#1433 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

A bit late in posting this but since it's a price drop now it's not too late to pick it up:

I've been playing the Undergarden this week (240msp), and it's the most relaxing fun I've ever had with an XBLA game. Pinball FX2 used to be my go-to blood pressure release valve, but I've either gotten worse at it or lately I'm just choosing all the bad tables that I haven't gotten the hang of (Ghost Rider, you can kiss my grits)

Undergarden will bring back fun memories to anyone who bought Soul Bubbles on the DS. It feels like a sequel even though everything about it from story to mechanics are mostly opposite. I bought the DLC, too (extra 50g for $1) and although only two levels, the second DLC level was definitely worth the buck to me.

Also: Shank 2 = blood pressure through the roof and almost controller through the TV.

Thanks for posting. I really enjoyed Soul Bubbles so I just picked up The Undergarden.

#1434 Sanges99

Sanges99

And Ya Know That's Right

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I was so excited to get the new Skyrim DLC, but of course they take it off the list right after listing it(a week ago)... Microsoft really sucks sometimes

Fixed that for ya'. :roll:
25u01gl.gif

!!! CAG DISTRESS SIGNAL !!!
Fellow CAGs hear my desperate plea! I started a GoFundMe to help cover emergency vet bills,
please see
the link for details. Even donating a dollar would be a help to pay my massive debt.

#1435 ArmyOfFun

ArmyOfFun

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:24 PM

I've been playing the Undergarden this week (240msp), and it's the most relaxing fun I've ever had with an XBLA game.

QFT. Tension free game. Fairly unique world. Nice mellow music.

#1436 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:31 PM

Sooo Two Worlds Velvet Edition has the DLC on disc? no codes inside or variants like Borderlands( one edition with codes the other one with dlc disc?) If so, I'm going to buy the Velvet Edition for 14 bucks =D (used but in good condition)

#1437 ooga

ooga

Mmm Zombie Chickens!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:30 PM

Can anyone confirm that the Two Worlds II Pirate expansion doesn't require the original game disc to play? I've found articles back when the expansion was first announced stating it doesn't require the disc but I just can't find anything recent to confirm it.

I don't have the game or the dlc myself, but your question piqued my interest. The reviews I've found seem to suggest that you have to launch the dlc from the game's main menu by starting a new game. So technically you'll need the disc just to start the game. It may use some of the assets from the main game too. Like I said though, I don't have it so I'm just guessing.

Edit: I guess I was right:

Pirates of the Flying Fortress is a stand-alone expansion of Two Worlds II to a certain degree. It’s a separate campaign and has its own co-op and multiplayer online (if you purchase the co-op and multiplayer which will cost you an extra $15). But it’s not entirely stand-alone because you’ll need the Two Worlds II game in order to play this.

Click on GamerCard below for my game list.

MrzombieChicken.jpg

http://mygamerprofil...mrzombiechicken

#1438 LordVila

LordVila

Casterly Rock!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:26 PM

Trying to decide if I want to pick up Assassin’s Creed III The Infamy. I'm still trying to spend point for Black Friday and the Raptr promotion has peaked my interest for this title. 800 points seems a little high for a DLC add-on but when you figure it up as 800 points for DLC, avatar outfit and a avatar pet its a different story.

TheVila.jpg
TheVila.png

#1439 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Ps3 owners look to get it better with Capcom Arcade Cabinet.
Black Tiger 1 credit for xbox players but ps3 get unlimited.
There are also a few games xbox cant get singles of, only packs.

Games can be bought individually after 2 weeks of being released in the packs. Let me quote a post I made in the PSN thread with all the details:

You have 3 options when it comes to Capcom Arcade Cabinet (Capcom has listed all the features, including the list of games & release dates here):

1.) Buy each game individually for $4 when they're released. This'll cost you about about $56, and you have to wait 2 weeks after the pack containing said games were released to get them individually. Ex. You have to wait until March 5th to get Avenger or 1943 separately.

2.) Buy them in packs of 3, $5 for the addition of Avenger & 1943 out today (since Black Tiger is given out for free to get a taste of the hub), with the others being $10. Destructoid has a review up with a listing of when these'll come out. This'll cost you about $45 total.

3.) Wait until May 21st and get all 15 games (owning all 15 games unlocks 2 bonus games

Spoiler
) in a single pack for $30.

But yes, Black Tiger is "free" if you download the trial, but you only get 1 continue. However, you can replay as many times as you like & as long as you don't lose all your lives, as long as you want.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#1440 jbman289

jbman289

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:31 PM

I don't have the game or the dlc myself, but your question piqued my interest. The reviews I've found seem to suggest that you have to launch the dlc from the game's main menu by starting a new game. So technically you'll need the disc just to start the game. It may use some of the assets from the main game too. Like I said though, I don't have it so I'm just guessing.

Edit: I guess I was right:

Thanks for the answer. I was afraid of that after not being able to confirm anything recent about not needing the disc.