Photo
* * * * * 35 votes

XBL Deals|7/4 Only- Witcher2, OrangeBox, More | 7/5 Only-Hitman:Absolution $10, More | ME3: Omega | BL2 DLC (Gold) | FREE Defense Grid (Gold) | MORE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11088 replies to this topic

#2341 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:16 AM

Having trouble deciding on last minute purchases and if any of these are worth it Max Payne 3 (beat disc 1 long ago with free redbox rental), L4D2 (sadly my friends all have it on steam & im an xboxer) or MGS collection (only played mgs4 & get tense with super stealth games)

Replied to you in the other thread, but my vote goes MGSHD:)
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#2342 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 06:34 AM

Final haul of;
Mk vs. dcu
Orange box
Left 4 dead 2
RE4 and Code Veronica
El Shaddai

Had to exercise willpower holding of on Fallout 3 and Grid/ Dirt
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#2343 the Gooseler

the Gooseler

Damon Baird

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:26 AM

...Had to exercise willpower holding of on Fallout 3...

But you're Vault Boy :shock:

Here's hoping they have other things besides those Sega fighters this week. So far the only maybe is Nights into Dreams.

Edited by the Gooseler, 05 March 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#2344 AgtJ

AgtJ

CAG saves you $Money$!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:28 AM

If only they had Borderlands 2 season pass on sale again...

Harrumph! :(

Grabbed the Might n Magic game for 240 at least, rest I've played / have.

#2345 Sath666

Sath666

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:41 AM

Having trouble deciding on last minute purchases and if any of these are worth it Max Payne 3 (beat disc 1 long ago with free redbox rental), L4D2 (sadly my friends all have it on steam & im an xboxer) or MGS collection (only played mgs4 & get tense with super stealth games)

MGS HD - you get two brilliant games with tons of content for your money. Also both of these titles are better than MGS4. :)

DotW day, MS are on a roll lately. Some amazing deals.

#2346 RealDeals

RealDeals

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:58 AM

But you're Vault Boy :shock:

LOL I already have the GOTY copies on both systems, have platinumed/1000'd the game on both systems plus all the DLC. I would just love to boot it up without having to pop in the disc. I actually broke down and got it right before you posted haha :lol: Can you tell I really fucking love Fallout 3? :booty:
http://t3.gstatic.co...4wtuy3FpqqoZSRA

Originally Posted by the4thnobleman Posted Image
I need power to come back on! I still need to spend $10 or so to get my $20. Stupid hurricane Sandy Vagina!

Posted Image

#2347 Junpei

Junpei

Think big. Start small. Move fast.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:04 AM

While pondering if VF5FS was worth the price, I saw that not only did they remove the amazing "arcade simulator" single player mode of 5 vanilla, but the only way they let you customize your character now is through pricey DLC packs, without which you can't even access the Special Sparring mode... really bad move, like Capcpom bad, so that's a no for me.

#2348 Eggman

Eggman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:26 AM

Wow, people really care about superfluous customization items that do absolutely nothing and a glorified arcade mode over actual amazing gameplay? No, I'd rather not have the best fighting game ever made, it doesn't have enough worthless padding.

#2349 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

Agreed. Snoopy Flying Ace is Crimson Skies with a Peanuts paint job. Great gameplay. I need to play it more.

I had heard that before purchasing it, but I was pretty disappointed. I thought Crimson Skies had much better courses, modes, planes, etc.

#2350 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 09:52 AM

Gears of war 3 season pass worth it at this point?

#2351 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:07 AM

Wow, people really care about superfluous customization items that do absolutely nothing and a glorified arcade mode over actual amazing gameplay? No, I'd rather not have the best fighting game ever made, it doesn't have enough worthless padding.

Yeah, I often amaze myself looking at what lengths I can reach to avoid futile purchases... 8-)

Jokes aside, I really don't like this "extra bucks for extra colors" philosophy adopted by almost all recent beat'em ups to milk out cash from customers. I acknowledge the undisputed superiority of VF5 in its field, it even managed to catch my attention as a complete 3D brawler n00b and made me spend countles hours on its 4EVO and 5 incarnations (even though I was an ardent fan of the Bloody Roar franchise too... bring it back, Konami!), but I just can't stand this fragmented policy for games and I'd rather wait for a "complete" edition (which will never come for VF5FS, but I'm generally speaking) than buy an "incomplete" product, even if the extras it's missing are cosmetics only.

So yeah, mine's only a personal justification and a critic to Sega's way of thinking. That said, however, the week's long and I might bite anyway since the game is really great... talk about willpower! :lol:
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#2352 Cleaner7

Cleaner7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:10 AM

I Can say you can skip Kane & Lynch, the game feels frustratingly dated and uninspired.

Yeah I re-downloaded the demo and got that impression but I also bought K&L2 from Newegg for $10 a couple months ago and decided I'll play the original first.

The demo for El Shaddai wasn't that great so I passed and I vaguely recall liking the demo for DM when it came out like 5 years ago so i did get it at $3. I enjoyed the demo for Dirt 1 and wanted it but Dirt 2 was announced quickly after so I waited and this was a great price.

Total Haul:
MK vs DCU $5 + K&L $5 + Dirt 2 $5 + DM $3 = $18 / 2 (Target points) = $9 spent. :)

I decided to splurge since I didn't get the Crashed Ice or Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 like I originally planned.

This week I'll check out all the cheap 160 MSP games but I'm still trying to be good and not buy games I'm only vaguely interested in even at that price. I'd rather spend that money on a good 400-800 MSP game than 2-4 mediocre 200 MSP games.

#2353 kayne2000

kayne2000

All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:28 AM

create a character modes can be amazing so its understandable to some degree.

and then there is the DLC policy of this game which is mindbogglingly insane.

#2354 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

The electronics of your heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:09 PM

VF5 Final Showdown is 400 points and Sonic The Fighters is 160, no sale prices for VF2 and Fighting Vipers yet.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#2355 Exu

Exu

CAGow Broker

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Karateka's dropped to 400 on the UK marketplace. It still says 800 with no gold exclusive price doodad but then at the purchase screen it says 400.
Posted Image

#2356 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:34 PM

Probably grab Nights and VF2 today, bought Sonic Fighters and Fighting Vipers at release, of course I've not played them yet :(

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#2357 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:38 PM

Might grab all of the Sega fighters if the price is right, I enjoyed playing these in the past and wouldn't mind going through them again on 360. Can't wait for Terraria either later this month, loved it on computer but tend to play more consoles.

659629.png?68329996

#2358 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:41 PM

Might grab all of the Sega fighters if the price is right, I enjoyed playing these in the past and wouldn't mind going through them again on 360. Can't wait for Terraria either later this month, loved it on computer but tend to play more consoles.

The preliminary list with the prices are in the OP (in a spoiler) in case you missed it.

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#2359 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:46 PM

The preliminary list with the prices are in the OP (in a spoiler) in case you missed it.

Yeah, I didn't see that; thank you for posting that! I'm definitely getting the 160 point ones, and will probably grab the newer VF for 400 as well.

659629.png?68329996

#2360 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Still on the fence with the MGS Games, SFIV:AE and replacing my physical copy of MK vs dcu hum...

#2361 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

Just Sonic The Virtua Fighting Vipers for me. Already had the trials downloaded yesterday (not that big of downloads, about 250MB total for all 3) & I have Jojo's Bizarre Adventure HD on PSN and NiGHTS.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2362 irafreak

irafreak

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

You're missing part of the point. The unlocking of said items. Its like COD. Yeah the multiplayer is a blast, but the leveling up and prestiging and unlocking weapons is the icing on the cake (this is proven by so many and their desire to prestige over and over...). You can talk all you want about how good a game is at its core gameplay...but VF5 offers more incentive to come back for more (replayability).

#2363 E.Nich

E.Nich

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

Gonna grab NiGHTS, been waiting for it to be half off. The ultimate sale last week was great btw.

#2364 DeathDream

DeathDream

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:16 PM

El Shaddai for $3 ... Yes please :)

#2365 Sir Loinsteak

Sir Loinsteak

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:54 PM

I'm looking forward to finding out what this week's sales and specials app has. Anyone know what time it usually updates? Also you can only access it from your xbox correct?

#2366 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 01:56 PM

I'm looking forward to finding out what this week's sales and specials app has. Anyone know what time it usually updates? Also you can only access it from your xbox correct?

Usually around 5am PST, but sometimes (well, often, and lately) it's been up to a few hours later.

#2367 Antarael Dulacre

Antarael Dulacre

Royal Dhampire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:07 PM

Also tried the trial of Nights...not as exciting as I thought hum thought for 400 it would be a no brainer but well...not convincinh enough right now...

Oh yeah and new Shenmue 3 rumours...maybe it will be a funded per kickstarter....(also didn't know that it should have been 10 parts originally lol oO)
Well for me I would be glad to have a remake of the first two games and a Port from Skies of Arcadia Legends from Gamecube...(because more content than the DC version)

#2368 Junpei

Junpei

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:13 PM

You're missing part of the point. The unlocking of said items. Its like COD. Yeah the multiplayer is a blast, but the leveling up and prestiging and unlocking weapons is the icing on the cake (this is proven by so many and their desire to prestige over and over...). You can talk all you want about how good a game is at its core gameplay...but VF5 offers more incentive to come back for more (replayability).

Actually, to this end, a huge chunk of VF5 single player charm was that, by visiting virtual arcades and beating local regulars and tourneys, you were awarded items for your character, so it was a nice self-gratification and a way to challenge yourself against preset AI who mimicked human behaviour at best of their possibilities, since we all know that Virtua Fighter is more about the ability to read your opponent's movements and gaming conduct rather than to chain endless combos together.

At least, they could've preserved some items to unlock after some matches or fixed conditions, akin to COD in a way, but instead they preferred to let you buy all items at once without even starting to play. It's the IAP mobile axiom ported straight to home consoles, although Namco Bandai still reigns undisputed in this rank. It doesn't deduct anything from the game per se, but it was a fun extra which kept things interesting, and that's why I'm still on the fence...
Posted Image

Check your PMs. I left that one out of the group that went under my pits.

#2369 sicsonic

sicsonic

100% Natural Good Time Family Band Solution

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

Can't wait for Terraria either later this month, loved it on computer but tend to play more consoles.

Oh, I know. I've played it some on PC but I've purposely restrained myself from playing the PC version of Terraria the past few months because I found out the XBLA version was coming so soon... and it's so hard to do that... because that game is amazing.

#2370 Strider Turbulence

Strider Turbulence

Son of the Old Gods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

This is insane talk. Get VF:FS, play online, level up online fighting against solid players who are constantly forcing you to step up your game and all that single player stuff will start to feel shallow and uninteresting, trust me.

birdie-intro.gifAlpha 2