• Please log in to reply
905 replies to this topic

#181 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:09 AM

i seem to have a bug.

sometimes when i go to the steam website the extension doesn't kick in. It doesn't show me what i own, on my wishlist, or what people wish for. after a few refreshes of the steam website everything seems to work

it was happening in 3.0 but seems to have gotten worse in 3.1

also, i dont think its my extensions because i recently reformatted because i didn't do it awhile and i still had issues

In 3.1 there is an Enhanced Steam menu at the top. Sometimes things can go a little crazy so you might try to open that menu and select "Clear Cached Data" to see if that helps.

Otherwise, if at some point it doesn't load, you can try to press Ctrl+Shift+J to bring up the error console. If there is any text there in red, it means Enhanced Steam is encountering an error and won't load. If you do have an error, feel free to post it here and I'll look into it.

If you have no error, it's possible that the Steam community servers are down (they have been on and off the last few days). Could be something else too, but we can start there. :)

#182 firebird12

firebird12

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

ok if it happens again ill try your tips when the issues comes up again

#183 bill22

bill22

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:49 AM

That's tech support :)

Weekend....

....Mother's day....

...Hmmm....

...I'm off to Amazon.com to find something with 1 day shipping....

#184 firebird12

firebird12

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

ok so i did some tests

i cleared the cache opened the console and then refreshed the page. i noticed the Storefront Carousel changed but nothing else did. i noticed in the console that it did say

XHR finished loading

but it only said that once and nothing else from the extension loaded. So going on the theory that the steam website is slow i waited a minute or two to see if anything else would finish loading as well. Nothing did.

So i refreshed the page while still having the console open and i saw more XHR finished loading and it started showing my wishlist games and the games i own.

when i refresh the page after everything is finished i refreshed the page to see if everything wold load again. it did.

also, when i close my browser and go back to the steam store everything loads up fine. i havnt tried restarting my computer then going to the website. ill try it when i post this and get back with my findings

edit: it still works on computer restart. which is good :)

Edited by firebird12, 10 May 2013 - 02:20 AM.

#185 D3rk01

D3rk01

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:24 AM

Hello! I am having issues with enhanced steam. I get an error saying that it can not read the language or options. I've gotten so used to having it there, that it's so strange to not see the extra info. :cry:

#186 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

Hello! I am having issues with enhanced steam. I get an error saying that it can not read the language or options. I've gotten so used to having it there, that it's so strange to not see the extra info. :cry:

Where are you seeing this error?

#187 D3rk01

D3rk01

Posted 14 May 2013 - 08:12 AM

Where are you seeing this error?

Right in the console for the browser... :cry:

I've tried re-installing, but it has not helped.

Spoiler

#188 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Right in the console for the browser... :cry:

I've tried re-installing, but it has not helped.

The error indicates that something is corrupt in your Google Sync cache. Enhanced Steam uses this cache to store your options. In the next version, I'll include a button in the options you can click to delete and re-initialize your cache for Enhanced Steam.

Have you tried signing out of Chrome, then signing back in?

EDIT: Try this method to Create a new browser user profile if all else fails.

Edited by jshackles, 14 May 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#189 hatefish

hatefish

Oh, it seems i can change this.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

Are you going to support FF 20.0.1?

#190 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:13 PM

Are you going to support FF 20.0.1?

I've tested it with Firefox 20 and 21 and haven't run across any problems, personally. Mozilla has also certified it to work with Firefox 19-21. However, it's got a few features missing when compared to the Chrome version, I'm hoping to get a few of them ported over soon.

#191 hatefish

hatefish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

I've tested it with Firefox 20 and 21 and haven't run across any problems, personally. Mozilla has also certified it to work with Firefox 19-21. However, it's got a few features missing when compared to the Chrome version, I'm hoping to get a few of them ported over soon.

I can't get it to work at all, nothing is highlighted.

Do you know of any companionably problems with Adblock plus, Adblock plus Pop-up, Element Hiding Helper for Adblock plus, Fasterfox, Flashblock, Greasemonkey, or Personal Menu?

Enhanced Steam only stopped working after I up dated to FF20.0.1.& installed Greasemonkey.

#192 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:03 AM

I can't get it to work at all, nothing is highlighted.

Do you know of any companionably problems with Adblock plus, Adblock plus Pop-up, Element Hiding Helper for Adblock plus, Fasterfox, Flashblock, Greasemonkey, or Personal Menu?

Enhanced Steam only stopped working after I up dated to FF20.0.1.& installed Greasemonkey.

I'm not aware of any specific incompatibilities, but I'll install a few of those extensions and give it a try. In the meantime, do you get anything in the Java Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) when browsing the Steam site with Enhanced Steam enabled?

#193 hatefish

hatefish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:18 AM

I'm not aware of any specific incompatibilities, but I'll install a few of those extensions and give it a try. In the meantime, do you get anything in the Java Error Console (Ctrl+Shift+J) when browsing the Steam site with Enhanced Steam enabled?

I'm getting errors every few sec looks like this http://i.imgur.com/IdTYTD8.jpg
Could be this virus that can only be killed by a clean install.

Reddit Enhancement suite still works but i get this http://i.imgur.com/o7qTlsa.jpg

#194 pROvIs

pROvIs

Clash With Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

This is probably pretty far out there but I would love:

A) Chrome notifications when something on wish list goes on sale.

B) Some sort of integration or independent email notification when prices drop for a game to a set threshold. I'm think a tracking slider similar to CAGs for console games.
Steam Games to Trade/Sell: None right now
WTB: Anything on my Wishlist

23480.png

#195 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:49 AM

This is probably pretty far out there but I would love:

A) Chrome notifications when something on wish list goes on sale.

B) Some sort of integration or independent email notification when prices drop for a game to a set threshold. I'm think a tracking slider similar to CAGs for console games.

Well good news - I'm working with IsThereAnyDeal to bring features like this to Enhanced Steam (via their site). You can kind of get an understanding of it here. Basically, you can set up tracking details for your wishlist, and their site will be able to email you when your "conditions" are met. Conditions will be things like what price, what store, whether it's able to be activated on Steam, etc...

Not 100% sure on the details yet, but I'm going to try to make it as seamless as possible for Enhanced Steam users.

I'm getting errors every few sec looks like this http://i.imgur.com/IdTYTD8.jpg
Could be this virus that can only be killed by a clean install.

Reddit Enhancement suite still works but i get this http://i.imgur.com/o7qTlsa.jpg

Do you have AutoCopy installed? These errors seem to be coming from that extension, not Enhanced Steam. If possible, can you try to disable that extension and see if Enhanced Steam works? Or if there are different console messages?

#196 hatefish

hatefish

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:13 AM

Do you have AutoCopy installed? These errors seem to be coming from that extension, not Enhanced Steam. If possible, can you try to disable that extension and see if Enhanced Steam works? Or if there are different console messages?

I disabled AutoCopy 2 got this http://i.imgur.com/xQeGVF2.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/b1MERai.jpg

still nothing from enhanced steam.

#197 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Is it possible to do a hide free to play/free games that everyone 'owns' toggle sort of like the show/hide DLC toggle?

It kind of throws me off a little to see them highlighted in green and I go 'Wait did I buy that? Oh, F2P :-P'

steam_sig.png

#198 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

I disabled AutoCopy 2 got this http://i.imgur.com/xQeGVF2.jpg & http://i.imgur.com/b1MERai.jpg

still nothing from enhanced steam.

That's very strange - those error messages are definitely not coming from Enhanced Steam though. :(

Is it possible to do a hide free to play/free games that everyone 'owns' toggle sort of like the show/hide DLC toggle?

It kind of throws me off a little to see them highlighted in green and I go 'Wait did I buy that? Oh, F2P :-P'

I'm looking into this for the next update. It's a byproduct of moving to the (much faster) Steam storefront API. Since Valve considers F2P games as owned by everyone, their API reports that you own them.

Additional, I'm working on getting price history set up for the next version. Here is a screenshot of what it will look like by default:

Posted Image

If you uncheck "All" you can select the individual stores:

Posted Image

With individual stores selected, it will filter the price history and current best prices to only those selected stores. So for example, let's say you leave them all checked besides Origin. If Origin was having a sale on say, The Sims 3 Pets, and you went to that Steam page the price history wouldn't show the current Origin price for that game and would exclude Origin prices from the historical low.

#199 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

That's awesome since there are stores for various reasons that some people just won't ever want to buy from.

steam_sig.png

#200 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 06:44 PM

Working with IsThereAnyDeal, I've now got a new feature set up that is usable right away.

Posted Image

Basically if an item is on sale elsewhere (besides Steam), and IsThereAnyDeal has confirmed that it can be activated on Steam, the "Lowest Price" section will have "(Activates on Steam)" next to the store name. If it doesn't have it, that means either it doesn't or it might but it hasn't been confirmed. In those cases, you'll need to check the product page yourself, like always. ;)

Edited by jshackles, 15 May 2013 - 06:59 PM.

#201 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

You know, I was actually going to ask if you could denote activates on Steam when bought elsewhere vs doesn't but I thought it would be too much of a PITA to get working. ;)

That's a very useful feature, so thanks for looking into it.

There are a few oddball games that activate on Steam at some stores but not on others though. And obviously nothing on GOG ever will.

steam_sig.png

#202 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:58 PM

The Steam activation is store-specific. So for example you could have one store that sells a code that activates on Steam, while another store uses SecuRom. ITAD differentiates between the different store's DRM, so hopefully anything that says (Activates on Steam) actually does.

Also, I'm in the new profile beta which completely breaks the profile links in Enhanced Steam (no surprise) so here is what the new profile links will look like:

Posted Image

There is (for now) code that will check to see which profile you have. The old links will work exactly the same way, but if it detects you're browsing a new profile it will add the new links.

#203 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Version 3.2 released! Here is the changelog:

• Added ability to filter price history to user selected stores
  • Added "Credits" section to the options page, giving credit to contributors
  • Added "Reset all options to Default Settings" on "About" page in options
  • Profile links now work correctly with the new Steam profile beta
  • Added German translation, courtesy of Timmaeh Elbert

#204 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

So - version 2.3 is ready for Firefox, but Mozilla is taking their sweet time releasing it. If you'd like to try it out now (and give feedback) you can download it directly from

http://enhancedsteam...d-steam.2.3.xpi

This version brings over a good number of features from the Chrome version. There is still a lot of stuff it can't do, but it's closer!

#205 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

And....

Speaking of Firefox: here is a preview of 2.4 (assuming 2.3 ever gets released by Mozilla!)

Posted Image

Firefox will now have it's own options page.

#206 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

More updates!

In the upcoming version, Enhanced Steam will identify "packs". If you own ALL of the games from a pack, it will mark it as owned.

Posted Image

#207 Genocidal

Genocidal

Summer of Punk

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:56 AM

Awesome, been looking forward to that for a while. Thanks for all the work you've put into this.
x8uorcw.jpggenocidal.png
[img=http://steamsigs.com/steam.php?id=genocidal&pngimg=http://i.imgur.com/fLZMY.png&tborder=0.png

If I would go back in time, the one person in history I'd like to make tap out would have to be... Jesus

#208 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

So I know I asked for this before but Magic being on sale again has reminded me of it.

Any chance we can ever get the DLC categorization to list on the main game page in the DLC list so I can just see at a glance what is what type of DLC without having to go and click on every single individual DLC's page one by one?

Even just little icons and then maybe a translation key for the icons somewhere would be awesome.

I just want a TL;DR version of DLC A,B & C is content and DLC X,Y & Z is cosmetic etc. all on the same page, if that's doable?

steam_sig.png

#209 jshackles

jshackles

Enhanced Steam Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:38 PM

I just want a TL;DR version of DLC A,B & C is content and DLC X,Y & Z is cosmetic etc. all on the same page, if that's doable?

I was looking at dropping it into the pop-up box:

Posted Image

That way you can stay on the same page but mouse over the DLC to see it's categories. Would that work?

#210 motoki

motoki

Goofy Genie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:15 PM

It's better than going to each page for sure, I think I would probably prefer to see everything on one list even if it was just tiny little icons on the listings, just something but the hover would still be an improvement.

steam_sig.png