Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

You know what might be kinda, sorta cool.  Adding a link to the game-specific CanYouRunIt from the store page.  I know it's not a perfect site, but it's decent for getting a rough estimate.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know what might be kinda, sorta cool. Adding a link to the game-specific CanYouRunIt from the store page. I know it's not a perfect site, but it's decent for getting a rough estimate.
He seemed to be doing something similar already, if you scroll to the bottom of the page with the system requirements there's a system check option. No idea how reliable that is either though.

You know what might be kinda, sorta cool. Adding a link to the game-specific CanYouRunIt from the store page. I know it's not a perfect site, but it's decent for getting a rough estimate.
I've actually got something like this that I'm working on, but won't be done until after the Summer Sale.

Wishlist is out of control slow now. It keeps reloading grabbing data over and over and it's locking up my entire Chrome not just that tab.

It's probably because I have way too damned many games on it, but that's not a unique thing around here and it's never done that to me before.

Wishlist is out of control slow now. It keeps reloading grabbing data over and over and it's locking up my entire Chrome not just that tab.

It's probably because I have way too damned many games on it, but that's not a unique thing around here and it's never done that to me before.
It does the same to me, regardless of who's wishlist it's on (though mine more or less crashes Chrome completely, not just freezes it). I imagine it's a server issue with ES, as they always get pounded during big sales. Probably not much Shackles can do, save buying more servers (which I doubt he wants to shell out for).

I wonder if he can do like maybe a 'wishlist lite' setting or something where some of the stuff gets turned off but some things like highlighting games you already own and some of the extra sorting options stays. *shrug*

Or worst case scenario I guess a setting to shut off ES wishlist but leave the other ES stuff on would work. I've been needing to clean up my wishlist but to do I have to shut off ES, go through it, then turn ES back on when I'm done and remember not to go to the wishlist.

Sorry for the wishlist problems guys - it's due to a feature that goes out and grabs the sale information whenever an item is discounted.  Usually that's okay, but when you have a large wishlist (and everything is on sale) it's really slowing things down.  I'm working on an updated version that I'll push out this morning that disables this.

EDIT: Should be fixed now with 6.3.3.

It does the same to me, regardless of who's wishlist it's on (though mine more or less crashes Chrome completely, not just freezes it). I imagine it's a server issue with ES, as they always get pounded during big sales. Probably not much Shackles can do, save buying more servers (which I doubt he wants to shell out for).
It doesn't do it with mine, but it did it when I was looking at someone else's wishlist *cough*

Hey some of us want a lot of stuff. :p

In all seriousness though the wishlist helps me focus and not miss more obscure stuff when the big sale is going on.

Regarding the new buy/sell purchase order page for cards now, is there any way you can make it more clear which price in the list is yours?

When it tells you down the bottom you have a listing it gives the amount you will get if/when it sells but in the heirarchy list of prices it is of course the price it is selling for.

ch25xJG.png

In the case above it says I have it listed for $.86 but the price it's selling at in the above list is $.98, which is not immediately intuitive that the 98 cent one is mine.

*Edit: Madjoki fixed this with his script and then soon after Valve themselves fixed it.

I thought Enhanced Steam was conflicting with another script-blocking addon when everything was showing as "avg cost to complete: $0.00", and no "starting at $x.xx" pricing on the badge pages.

Looks like it's the  new steam "commodity" style item selling/buying menus. So far, not a fan of that.

Appreciative bump.  Just started using enhanced steam standalone and am incredibly impressed by how quickly it injects after you load a new page.  Need to figure out how to feed this gem to my whole network.

Appreciative bump. Just started using enhanced steam standalone and am incredibly impressed by how quickly it injects after you load a new page. Need to figure out how to feed this gem to my whole network.
Thanks. Since the computer running Enhanced Steam Standalone is just working as a port 80 relay for those sites, all you need to do to make it work is change the hosts file on another computer on the network to point to that one. So if the computer with ES has an IP address of 192.168.1.105 (for example) you can edit your hosts file on another computer in the network to say

store.steampowered.com 192.168.1.105

And it should work. Best of luck!

Hello jshackles!

I've been using Enhanced Steam for a while and it's great; I really appreciate your work.  

I'm currently listing a large number of cards in the marketplace and I'm thinking the "My Active Listings" page could benefit from some Enhanced Steam magic.  Currently, the page lists the item, listing date, listing price and a remove button.  I need to click the individual item to see whether the price on the listing is outdated or not.  If so, I need to click "Remove," go back to the inventory, find the item, and list it for a new price, which may involve having to click the item again to see the current listing prices.

I would love to see the following:  A column that lists the lowest selling price and perhaps the last sale price, so I can see at a glance whether the item pricing has changed significantly since listing it.  This could further benefit from the number of items listed at the lowest selling price.  Finally, the addition of a "Re-list" button which would remove the item and present the item sell dialog would streamline the process and negate the need to return to inventory, find the item and then have to list the item from there.  This would make managing the items I'm selling a much less labor and time intensive process.

I would imagine that many users that have enjoyed the fruits of your recent efforts would benefit from enhancing this process.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

I may be able to add a column that lists the current lowest price, but I unfortunately won't be able to add a "re-list" button (since that would be a "manipulation of the Steam Marketplace" and could lead to bans).  I'll check into it and see what I can do.

I may be able to add a column that lists the current lowest price, but I unfortunately won't be able to add a "re-list" button (since that would be a "manipulation of the Steam Marketplace" and could lead to bans). I'll check into it and see what I can do.
That would be great. Very much appreciated!

Just a heads up, I'll be doing Extra Life again this year!  I'll once again be gaming 24 hours straight on October 25th, and I'll be live-streaming the entire thing for charity.

This year, anyone who donates and puts their Steam URL in the donation comment box will get an Enhanced Steam Supporter Extra Life badge on their Steam profile (visible to anyone browsing your profile using Enhanced Steam). I'll also be holding a Steam Gift raffle where you get one entry for every $5 your donate.

extralife_preview.png

Having a huge problem with Enhanced Steam, it keeps reloading the page no matter what I'm doing. I used to use this all the time and now I can't.

With the buy order process in place on the market, would it be possible for the inventory page to list the highest requested price?  That way, if you just want to dump your cards quickly, you can see where you should price for immediate sale.  It would save a few clicks.

With the buy order process in place on the market, would it be possible for the inventory page to list the highest requested price? That way, if you just want to dump your cards quickly, you can see where you should price for immediate sale. It would save a few clicks.
Yeah, this is something I'm working on. I've had a few instances where a game with cards got bundled and prices started tanking so cross referencing everything before all the lowballers stepped in took some time.

bread's done
Back