Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

5.9 version for Firefox still doesn't work with Firefox 29+ (Beta, Alpha).

3rd party cookies is enabled.
I'll double check, but it should be working. I do my testing in Aurora which is now on version 29.

EDIT: Just checked with the latest build (29.0a2) and something definitely broke. I'll try to trace it and figure out what the issue is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got burned by not realizing Splinter Cell games were only on sale for a few more minutes. I looked at some reviews and when I was ready to buy, they were more expensive.

Can Enhanced Steam have a feature that tells you if:

1. Something in your cart will increase in price within the next 15 minutes

2. The store page for the game you're looking at shows a sale that expires within the next hour

Both of these features would have saved me.

Both of these features would have saved me.
Apparently not:
cdk2.png

AFAIK it's the same color, font size, and position on the page no matter how close to the deadline it is. Couldn't it be more prominent within an hour?
I feel like it would be a bit silly to implement something like that when you can just read the deadline and not forget when it expires.

Not trying to sound hostile, I just think it would be more effort on Shackles part than it's worth.

I feel like it would be a bit silly to implement something like that when you can just read the deadline and not forget when it expires.

Not trying to sound hostile, I just think it would be more effort on Shackles part than it's worth.
I asked if it could be done; I didn't say that it must be done.

This would make the font orange and bold.
Code:
color: #FF6A00;
font-weight: bold
But, CSS doesn't have conditional statements (if the first two characters of "<span id="16122_countdown_0"> are "00" then make the font orange and bold, otherwise do nothing).

If it's a lot of trouble, of course the developer doesn't have to bother. If I knew more about CSS I'd do it myself.

AFAIK it's the same color, font size, and position on the page no matter how close to the deadline it is. Couldn't it be more prominent within an hour?
You mentioned a warning while an item was in your cart which a bright flashing item page notice still wouldn't help because you'd have to be staring at the store's item page in the first place. And if you were there, it seems silly to miss the deadline knowing that it is there in the first place. Not saying your idea isn't bad or shouldn't be implemented, it just reminds me of when teachers would literally pin notes to kids clothing so they'd 'remember' to give it to their parents.

You mentioned a warning while an item was in your cart which a bright flashing item page notice still wouldn't help because you'd have to be staring at the store's item page in the first place. And if you were there, it seems silly to miss the deadline knowing that it is there in the first place. Not saying your idea isn't bad or shouldn't be implemented, it just reminds me of when teachers would literally pin notes to kids clothing so they'd 'remember' to give it to their parents.
7973974e954b43320d02736f0ac111c2f37adbf600f7d682bf96ebb62a6d0dd2.jpg

Working on bringing in some advanced filters to the marketplace, starting with Community items (backgrounds, cards, emoticons, etc).

You'll be able to sub-search by game and by item type.  It will look something like this:

UPCxn57.png

I'm still having problems with ES age check. It keeps inputting incorrect date, even though my steampowered cookie has the right info.
Does ES store some info on my local machine that I can edit in notepad to fix this? I'm using the latest Firefox build.

I'm still having problems with ES age check. It keeps inputting incorrect date, even though my steampowered cookie has the right info.
Does ES store some info on my local machine that I can edit in notepad to fix this? I'm using the latest Firefox build.
ES uses an age check? What's that for?

ES uses an age check? What's that for?
Steam uses 'verify age' to view mature rated games, ES (at least in the firefox build) auto hits the enter/apply button.

edit: well I hope steam don't worry about different age between the one for firefox (it keeps setting the year to 1955) and steamclient.

I still have issues in the firefox build where the "remove owned games" function for the wishlist doesn't accomplish squat.

Can anyone verify that this does or doesn't work in their Firefox? Or the same for Chrome?

I still have issues in the firefox build where the "remove owned games" function for the wishlist doesn't accomplish squat.

Can anyone verify that this does or doesn't work in their Firefox? Or the same for Chrome?
It works for me on Chrome.

The age check thing not being my dob has kind of allways bothered me as well is there a easy way to set it or jshackles is there a way you set it as an option to change the date?

Valve updated their "agecheck" pages, but it seems pretty hit and miss. Sometimes you get the "old" page (which works correctly with Enhanced Steam) and sometimes you get the "new" page, where this functionality is broken. I'm trying to track this issue down so I can make it work for both the old and new pages.

Are you waiting for your owned games to highlight? The button currently only gets rid of the stuff that's highlighted on the page. If you have a huge wishlist, you may have to wait (even several minutes) for things to finish processing before hitting that button.

The age check thing not being my dob has kind of allways bothered me as well is there a easy way to set it or jshackles is there a way you set it as an option to change the date?
There isn't currently a way to set this in the options, but I may add one. If you're really worried about it, you can alter the source code directly in the send_age_verification() function to send the correct year of birth. If you want to set the month and day you'll need to add additional lines to fill those page elements out as well.

Just a note though, Steam doesn't use this agecheck data for anything other than verification that you're at least old enough to view a game based on it's ESRB / PEGI rating. It obviously doesn't store this data anywhere besides the site cookie (so it doesn't ask you for EVERY game) so I don't think you have anything to be worried about. When I was testing this feature I probably entered 100 different dates at 100 different times with my same account, and didn't get so much as a warning about anything being out of place. I would say with nearly 99.9999% accuracy that they (Steam) isn't even capturing this data in any way.

Ever Google search something related to Steam, and click a foreign-language link to a Steam Community page? Could Enhanced Steam protect against interface language changes?

Ever Google search something related to Steam, and click a foreign-language link to a Steam Community page? Could Enhanced Steam protect against interface language changes?
I may be able to do this, not sure yet. ES has a similar feature for country codes, but Valve stores both your billing country code and browser country code in the cookie, so it's easy to check this from one setting to the other.

I imagine if it will work, it'll be something in the options like "Warn me if I'm browsing Steam in any language other than... " and a drop down box of languages. Maybe something that will get set the first time you load Enhanced Steam, but never update itself automatically (as that would defeat the purpose). Then you could be presented with a message in a red banner that had a link back to your preferred language.

In other news, Enhanced Steam has now surpassed 600,000 total downloads.

Are you waiting for your owned games to highlight? The button currently only gets rid of the stuff that's highlighted on the page. If you have a huge wishlist, you may have to wait (even several minutes) for things to finish processing before hitting that button.
I completely forgot to respond to this. I let it load a while longer, both on firefox and Chrome, but to no avail. I have to manually go in and delete owned games, or live with them being there. Forever. I'll probably go with the latter :razz:

Enhanced Steam has been updated for Opera 12 users to version 1.3. This new version incorporates a few new features from the Chrome version, as well as fixes a bug that caused highlighting to previously stop working.

You can download Enhanced Steam for Opera 12 directly from Opera, or it should update automatically if you had a previous version installed.

As always, let me know if you encounter any bugs with this release.

So once you're done with Enhanced Steam, I've decided you need to go teach the dumbasses at HowLongtoBeat how to do a halfway decent job at something so I can autoload my digital libraries and sort by average time to completion.  How's a guy supposed to find out which super-short games to install in order to cheat the backlog clearing?

So once you're done with Enhanced Steam, I've decided you need to go teach the dumbasses at HowLongtoBeat how to do a halfway decent job at something so I can autoload my digital libraries and sort by average time to completion.
I want this so much, and it shouldn't be difficult (given all the sites that can currently pull your Steam library).

I've forgotten at least 5 times to post this. It's ass-kickingly awesome that ES put the achievement section back on the store pages, but clicking on them takes you to your own chv page, and if you don't own the game it takes you to an error page. Could it be set to go to the global stats chv page instead?

I want this so much, and it shouldn't be difficult (given all the sites that can currently pull your Steam library).
Maybe I should get to work on a site like this myself.

I've forgotten at least 5 times to post this. It's ass-kickingly awesome that ES put the achievement section back on the store pages, but clicking on them takes you to your own chv page, and if you don't own the game it takes you to an error page. Could it be set to go to the global stats chv page instead?
I'll look into it. Should be easy since it's already evaluating whether or not you own the game (for highlighting purposes). It's a shame that they took the achievement pages down for people that don't own a particular game.

So once you're done with Enhanced Steam, I've decided you need to go teach the dumbasses at HowLongtoBeat how to do a halfway decent job at something so I can autoload my digital libraries and sort by average time to completion. How's a guy supposed to find out which super-short games to install in order to cheat the backlog clearing?
this this THIS! a sort by how long to beat would work wonders on my monster backlog!

Exactly. It seems like such a no-brainer for a site like that, and every website this side of my late-90s Geocities page is able to pull that data with the Steam API. For a site like HowLongtoBeat to not supply that is pretty weak. I'd use their page a ton more if they upgraded to that.

The latest version of Enhanced Steam for Mozilla Firefox (5.9.1) has just been released.

Changes from the previous version include:

• Added a link on user profiles to their wishlist
  • Added back the achievement section to app pages that Valve mysteriously removed
  • Added sorting options to achievement pages, and the ability to sort by date unlocked
  • Added badge completion and value of card drops to badges page based on avg card price
  • Added badge page sorting options
  • Added Enhanced Steam features to Steam Tag pages
  • Added extended options for DLC checkboxes that are accessible by clicking "Options ▾".
  • Added price options to search results pages letting you easily filter results by price
  • Incorporated coupon codes into lowest price data
  • The "Remove" links on the wishlist no longer require the page to reload
  • Added regional pricing to sale pages
  • Fixed a bug in market transaction total caused by change in API by Valve
  • Updated code according to Mozilla's requests
  • Removed header link insertion
  • Removed feature links as they were implemented by Valve
You can download the add on directly from Mozilla or it should update automatically the next time you restart Firefox.

As always, please let me know if you have any questions or issues.

I know less than I should, but is there any way to get the Community to autologin if you have the client already open and logged in or by some other means? I'm not sure what is different for me, but I feel like I'm having to log in to the community on almost every browser restart which while frequent, has not always been the case.

I know less than I should, but is there any way to get the Community to autologin if you have the client already open and logged in or by some other means? I'm not sure what is different for me, but I feel like I'm having to log in to the community on almost every browser restart which while frequent, has not always been the case.
Unfortunately the answer is no. Steam authentication is done through cookies stored on your browser that are then checked against Steam's servers to determine that you are who you say you are. If their servers detect a small change in your configuration (IP address changed, for example) or if the cookie isn't present, it will require you to re-authenticate.

Unfortunately the best I can do is tell you to put in a support ticket with Steam and let them know that you're having to log in every time you restart your browser. Although I can only assume you'll get the "stock answer" of "check your cookie settings, etc" perhaps they'll grant some insight.

Their cookies suck ass. I've had more consistent cookies from Geocities in the 90s.

Like 90% of the time it makes me re-login.

Oh and contact Steam support about it....

Sorry, I had to step away from the keyboard for a second because I was laughing so hard.

Finally got this working:

PwJzKWc.png

In the options it looks like this:

xC7ODoj.png

Whatever you set as your "preferred" language in the setting above, that is the language this warning dialog will be presented in (not Steam's current language).

So in the above example, the Steam store is in Japanese, but Enhanced Steam is pulling the information for this warning dialog from it's English translation (rather than the Japanese one).  

This should make it simple to always get back to your preferred language with a single click while staying on the same page.  If you happen to access a Steam link from Google that points to another language, this warning will provide an easy way back.  :)

Apparently it can't get cookies on my hand, regional prices not working.

Console:

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method 'toLowerCase' of null

line 3871.

Enhanced Steam was working for me in the past, but lately the ES features are missing. I opened the Extensions>ES Options tab in Chrome and all of the features were unchecked. After going through and re-enabling the features I want, there is still no ES info on steam in browser. Restarted Chrome and went back to Extensions>ES Options, and all options are again unchecked. Checked the ones I want a second time, closed Extensions tab, re-open extensions tab, all unchecked again. I am getting the green Options Saved flash in the top right of the screen as I check each. (I didn't find anything addressing this problem on the ES website or on reddit so apologies in advance if it's something really dumb I'm doing wrong).

What would you guess to be the most likely culprit of me being unable to save the Extension Options?

[Windows 7, Enhanced Steam 5.9, Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m]

Enhanced Steam was working for me in the past, but lately the ES features are missing. I opened the Extensions>ES Options tab in Chrome and all of the features were unchecked. After going through and re-enabling the features I want, there is still no ES info on steam in browser. Restarted Chrome and went back to Extensions>ES Options, and all options are again unchecked. Checked the ones I want a second time, closed Extensions tab, re-open extensions tab, all unchecked again. I am getting the green Options Saved flash in the top right of the screen as I check each. (I didn't find anything addressing this problem on the ES website or on reddit so apologies in advance if it's something really dumb I'm doing wrong).

What would you guess to be the most likely culprit of me being unable to save the Extension Options?

[Windows 7, Enhanced Steam 5.9, Chrome Version 33.0.1750.146 m]
This condition is caused by your Chrome profile being corrupt and not properly storing the settings for Enhanced Steam.

The easiest way to fix this is to follow this help document from Google. Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Hey Shackles, do you think it'd be possible to allow users to change their set prices for marketplace items while they're already listed?

The normal method of de-listing, finding in inventory and re-listing takes far too long in my opinion.

Hey Shackles, do you think it'd be possible to allow users to change their set prices for marketplace items while they're already listed?

The normal method of de-listing, finding in inventory and re-listing takes far too long in my opinion.
I imagine there would be issues do to the fact you need to agree to Steam's TOS every time you list a card, and ES can't interact with that (well it could but it would be a big no-no).

I imagine there would be issues do to the fact you need to agree to Steam's TOS every time you list a card, and ES can't interact with that (well it could but it would be a big no-no).
Perhaps a way to instantly bring up it's normal inventory page to re-list, then? Like a re-list button next to the remove button.

While this would be great from a usability standpoint, as MrNinjaSquirrel pointed out, Enhanced Steam can't really do much with automating anything on the market without being classified as "bot" software.

While it would be easy to add a re-list button next to the remove button on the market, all it would really be able to do would be remove the item and change your browser to the inventory page.

As far as I'm aware, there isn't a way to open an inventory page and browse to just one particular item.

Request:  Steam Enhanced Bot

:p

hah.

Actually my biggest gripe right now which I am pretty sure is an internal valve thing is the badges page not loading and sending me back to my profile.

bread's done
Back