Official Enhanced Steam Discussion Thread

I'll check it out, should be able to get it updated for the next release.

Today I've been working on this:

VSnIJ1G.png

Will be hidden by default, but will allow you to further customize your search results by putting in the relevant price range you're looking for.
That...that is the icing. Awesome!

So I guess I was kinda talking out my ass when I said I wouldn't be adding any new features to the Chrome version for a while.

Ttd1Te2.png

In the next version, Enhanced Steam will add the ability to search the Steam store by speech.

So I guess I was kinda talking out my ass when I said I wouldn't be adding any new features to the Chrome version for a while.

Ttd1Te2.png

In the next version, Enhanced Steam will add the ability to search the Steam store by speech.
how come there's no support for kinect yet? :D/

Ttd1Te2.png

Which I think would be a little more helpful if there were better mobile support. ;)

I'm still using an obscure old version of Opera with a way outdated version of ES on Android because that's the only combination I can get to work on mobile.

Which I think would be a little more helpful if there were better mobile support. ;)

I'm still using an obscure old version of Opera with a way outdated version of ES on Android because that's the only combination I can get to work on mobile.
I've got the Firefox code in it's own build environment now so hopefully soon I'll get it working with their mobile app as well.

While it's true that bugs like this exist in Chrome, it requires a malicious site to deliver the exploit. I would like to point out that Enhanced Steam is not exploiting this bug in any way, and that using this feature does not cause Chrome to continue listening to your microphone after the feature has been used.

This is yet another reason why the source code for Enhanced Steam is released as open source and is view-able here. For those who prefer not to have this feature at all, it will of course be configurable in the options.

While it's true that bugs like this exist in Chrome, it requires a malicious site to deliver the exploit. I would like to point out that Enhanced Steam is not exploiting this bug in any way, and that using this feature does not cause Chrome to continue listening to your microphone after the feature has been used.

This is yet another reason why the source code for Enhanced Steam is released as open source and is view-able here. For those who prefer not to have this feature at all, it will of course be configurable in the options.
It was not meant to accuse you, but rather to let other people know about this problem with using your mic in general with chrome without being careful.

I came over to see if there were any plans for mobile browser support as well.  I just tried to navigate steam via safari on ios and realized that 80% of the features I use on the site are enhanced steam.

Great work, valve really should offer you a job.

The next version of Enhanced Steam will have this:

lpNnRTc.png

If a game is available for a lower price somewhere with a coupon, that price (and coupon code) will be shown if the price after coupon is the lowest. So in the example above, The Banner Saga is cheapest on Gamefly after their coupon.

The system is also aware of region-specific coupon codes, such as Gamefly's US vs UK code and will display the code relevant to your region. So for example when browsing the same page in the GB region:

cv4G4lP.png

There will likely be some instances where a coupon code isn't valid for a certain game or possibly has expired (and hasn't yet been marked as expired in our database), but overall I think people will really like this change. Of course, there will be an option to disable this completely if you'd like to keep the existing price history system.

Enhanced Steam for Firefox version 5.7 has been officially released and should update itself automatically the next time you restart your browser. This version incorporates MANY changes and new features that were previously available in the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam. In fact, there are too many new features to list here.

As always, if you run into any issues using this version, be sure to let me know!

Enhanced Steam for Firefox version 5.7 has been officially released and should update itself automatically the next time you restart your browser. This version incorporates MANY changes and new features that were previously available in the Chrome version of Enhanced Steam. In fact, there are too many new features to list here.

As always, if you run into any issues using this version, be sure to let me know!
Is the mobile version enabled in this update? I've spent time jumping through hoops unsuccessfully trying to get it to work before so I'd rather not do that again unless I'm told it should be working now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry, no mobile Firefox in this version. But hopefully I'll have it working soon.
Okay thanks I'll wait for it then. Sorry if that came off rude or demanding. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that Firefox is kind of a pain with its plugins and locks them based on version numbers and then you have to go fiddling with things to unlock it and so forth. And that's if it even works in the first place.

I almost feel like a better Steam app would be better for mobile than ES on mobile browser, but that's probably outside your sphere of interest.

The one Valve did is lacking a lot of features and they never, ever update it. They just did a release then years went by and no updates.

If anyone knows of a better Steam app for Android I'd be all for trying it out, but I guess that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your work on Enhanced Steam. Most of my frustration with browsing Steam on mobile stems from being so used to the Enhanced Steam features it's really hard to go back to not having them.

Okay thanks I'll wait for it then. Sorry if that came off rude or demanding. I didn't mean it that way. It's just that Firefox is kind of a pain with its plugins and locks them based on version numbers and then you have to go fiddling with things to unlock it and so forth. And that's if it even works in the first place.

I almost feel like a better Steam app would be better for mobile than ES on mobile browser, but that's probably outside your sphere of interest.

The one Valve did is lacking a lot of features and they never, ever update it. They just did a release then years went by and no updates.

If anyone knows of a better Steam app for Android I'd be all for trying it out, but I guess that's beyond the scope of this thread.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your work on Enhanced Steam. Most of my frustration with browsing Steam on mobile stems from being so used to the Enhanced Steam features it's really hard to go back to not having them.
No problem, I'm excited to get ES working with the mobile Firefox browser - hopefully it's possible without jumping through TOO many hoops. If you are planning on using your mobile device at home on your wifi connection, it's possible to modify the hosts file on your Android device and run the Enhanced Steam Standalone application on your computer. This will give you Enhanced Steam's features while browsing Steam on your mobile browser of choice, but obviously only works when you're in the same local network as the PC running the Standalone app.

Additionally, you may be interested in this app. The guy modified the Steam app to have a cleaner UI and speed improvements. However, as with any app like this be cautious of putting your credentials into it. It seems a lot of people are using it so it's likely OK, but I don't think they've posted their source code anywhere that I could check. I suppose I could de-compile the APK file...

Anyway, if you end up using it let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the link on that app. Trying it out now. I like it so far. Some of the pages load a little slow with a black screen that stays blank for a while giving no indication that it's loading but I suppose it helps if you don't own 20 bajillion games like I do. :p

I might ask if he can do Enhanced Steam style green highlighting because that's super useful for me since I can't keep track of what I own. :roll:

Thanks for the link on that app. Trying it out now. I like it so far. Some of the pages load a little slow with a black screen that stays blank for a while giving no indication that it's loading but I suppose it helps if you don't own 20 bajillion games like I do. :p

I might ask if he can do Enhanced Steam style green highlighting because that's super useful for me since I can't keep track of what I own. :roll:
Obviously, having it "baked in" to the app would be ideal. If you do write him, tell him he can contact me with any questions ([email protected]) and I'll help where I can.

Hi. Thanks for all your work so far, the extension is flawless and blends perfectly with steam

Any chance of adding some sort of profile comments management feature? So that we can select and delete multiple comments at the same time

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.8. Changes in this version include:

• Added extended options for DLC checkboxes that are accessible by clicking "Options ▾".
  • Added price options to search results pages letting you easily filter results by price
  • Added speech input option to search boxes on store pages
  • Incorporated coupon codes into lowest price data
  • The "Remove" links on the wishlist no longer require the page to reload
  • Added an option to disable Early Access image overlays
  • Fixed a bug in market transaction total caused by change in API by Valve
  • Removed language selection dropdown in options page to reduce confusion
If you already have Enhanced Steam installed, the update should apply automatically within the next 60 minutes. As always, feel free to let me know if you have any issues, comments, or feature suggestions.

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.8. Changes in this version include:

• Added an option to disable Early Access image overlays
I've got Show Early Access image banners unticked and I double checked and verified that when I closed the browser and go back to ES options it's still unticked but I still have banners for Day Z, Planetary Annihilation, Divinity: Original Sin, Rust, 7 Days to Die etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Recently, the achievements section on the right-hand side of Steam store pages disappeared, both in client and website. Dunno if it was intentional or not. Even worse, if you don't own a particular game, you can't reach the achievement page for it without manually typing in the URL with the appID and whatnot. Assuming Valve doesn't change it back, would it be possible for a future ES to include a link to that section? Cheers.

edit: I take that back about the manual URL-entering. You have to go from its store page, to its Community Hub, and then to the Global Achievements page. Still, PITA.

Ukraine Prices aren't listed on mouseover for firefox extension. Also, sometimes the mouseover prices just don't load.

I have latest version 5.7

I'm sure this is my own weird personal pet peeve, but is there any chance that the Wishlist link can get moved or made to stand out more prominently on the profiles?

For the life of me no matter how many times I go to a profile I cannot remember where the heck it is in that spot that it's sandwiched in and I always end up having to do Control F and search for wishlist on the page. :p

I'm sure this is my own weird personal pet peeve, but is there any chance that the Wishlist link can get moved or made to stand out more prominently on the profiles?

For the life of me no matter how many times I go to a profile I cannot remember where the heck it is in that spot that it's sandwiched in and I always end up having to do Control F and search for wishlist on the page. :p
heh, for what it's worth I can never find it either, I just wind up clicking "games -> wishlist tab".

So I second a request to have it somewhere more easily noticeable, and on a similar note would like to re-suggest putting in a better way to organize wishlists (like a "send to top" button), assuming that's possible.

I'm planning on adding "Wishlist" to the links on the right hand side of profiles. I'm also going to see if I can pull the number of wishlisted items as well to keep the aesthetic the same.

A way to delete multiple items on your wishlist at once would be pleasant.
It's definitely planned. I'm working on a system that will use checkboxes similar to the DLC checkboxes. You'll be able to select multiple items at once and choose what to do with them, such as delete them.

Profile wishlist links will look like this:

8egYLDH.png

The link "Wishlist" will appear immediately, and the count will appear after Enhanced Steam has pulled the user's wishlist and determined the count.  For most users with less than 100 items on their wishlist, this will happen very quickly.  For some users (I'm looking at you, MrNinjaSquirrel!) who have massive wishlists you'll have the link immediately, and the count may take 5-10 seconds to load a on wishlist that size.

Profile wishlist links will look like this:

8egYLDH.png

The link "Wishlist" will appear immediately, and the count will appear after Enhanced Steam has pulled the user's wishlist and determined the count. For most users with less than 100 items on their wishlist, this will happen very quickly. For some users (I'm looking at you, MrNinjaSquirrel!) who have massive wishlists you'll have the link immediately, and the count may take 5-10 seconds to load a on wishlist that size.
but it sure made it easier being his secret santa. :D

That seems like a much more sensible spot for the wishlist. I'm not really sure why Valve didn't move it there when they redid the profile page layouts. They put Games and Reviews there on the right hand side which are the other two things with the Wishlist in that odd little not very noticeable spot tucked between recent game activity and comments.

Don't act like you're not impressed ;)
The only reason he and I and others like us don't have a massive wishlist is because we buy so much crap. ;)

Since either a) Valve is taking a REALLY long time to fix this "bug" or b) Valve removed this completely and didn't tell anyone why:

OsTWMIp.png

Virtually indistinguishable from the way it was before, except that I went ahead and used 4 achievement images here rather than Valve's old 3 and "+164" scheme.  The only other difference is that I believe the achievements used to be shown in order of least rare.  This just puts them in the order that the Steam API returns by default (not random).

In the event that Valve fixes this after this feature has been released (or if you simply don't like it), there will be a check box in the options to disable it.

In the event that Valve fixes this before I release the next version of Enhanced Steam, I might even keep this and delete theirs :p

Hi, my first post here. I've been using ES and it makes life a lot easier for me.

Just want to say thank you very much and I love SG1.. and Atlantis.

Is there a list of problematic steam game 'owned', example: Civilization V - Wonders of the Ancient World Scenario Pack.

I own it, steam, nor ES say I do.

If there is a list, do you plan on making a simple override? (toggleable in options)

edit: I use firefox build, sorry to have omit that

edit2: been a couple days. Is there a way to update my 'ageverify'?

I accidently chose wrong year. I tried correcting it by doing this:

1. disable ES

2. delete all cookies (now my browser has another 7-14 day steamguard block bs)

3. close all instances of firefox

4. open firefox, re-log into steam to generate new cookies (which I inspected and has the correct date)

4. re-enable ES

5. date is back to being incorrect

Civ is one of those weird games that doesn't always report correctly. I got Wonders of the Ancient World in a double pack with Korea and it's never shown up as 'owned' for me either. This is a Valve issue though, not an Enhanced Steam one. ES can only report what Valve does so if you go to the page for that game or DLC and Steam isn't showing that you own it (even though you do) that's not something ES can fix I don't think.

I mean Steam will even let me put it in a cart without giving me a 'you already own this game' warning which it should be doing so it's definitely a Valve issue and it's been like this for a long time too.

Civ is one of those weird games that doesn't always report correctly. I got Wonders of the Ancient World in a double pack with Korea and it's never shown up as 'owned' for me either. This is a Valve issue though, not an Enhanced Steam one. ES can only report what Valve does so if you go to the page for that game or DLC and Steam isn't showing that you own it (even though you do) that's not something ES can fix I don't think.

I mean Steam will even let me put it in a cart without giving me a 'you already own this game' warning which it should be doing so it's definitely a Valve issue and it's been like this for a long time too.
I wouldn't go as far as sying fixed, but making an override that corilates to the incorrect game or id.

Heck even a manual check box some where on a games page that marks it owned (this could also work for games you own, but not on steam :D)

I wouldn't go as far as sying fixed, but making an override that corilates to the incorrect game or id.

Heck even a manual check box some where on a games page that marks it owned (this could also work for games you own, but not on steam :D)
The problem is that there are literally hundreds of these types of redirected App IDs. You mentioned the ARMA II "glitch" from the Humble Bundle, but in reality it's just a different App ID for the same game. In order to do this properly, I would need an external database for each app that contained the App ID for the same game in each region. This simply isn't practical to accomplish in any way other than "piecemeal" which is something I've tried to stay away from with Enhanced Steam. My philosophy is that I would rather try to fix the problem for everyone rather than just one (or one group) of people.

The idea of being able to manually mark items as owned is a good one, however there are space / storage considerations involved that also make that solution cumbersome.

So unfortunately I believe the best way to resolve the issue will be for Valve to provide a fix. I encourage anyone who has similar frustrations to open a support ticket with Valve and request that they fix this (although I'm not sure that they would). If enough people complain, perhaps they'll look into the issues. So as Motoki says, it's something Valve will need to do.

The idea of being able to manually mark items as owned is a good one, however there are space / storage considerations involved that also make that solution cumbersome.
I do like the idea of just being able to manually mark something as owned as well, that way it could not only cover oddball cases like this but also games you own elsewhere etc (so you don't forget and rebuy them :p). I thought about the storage problem too though.

I wonder if you could let people optionally store that data from their dropbox or something like that? I guess then it's one more account that shares info though. Otherwise you have them store it locally but that's a pain.

Maybe Google Docs? If you're on Chrome you're most likely logged into a Google account anyway.

I don't know, just tossing ideas out. I don't know that there really is an ideal way to allow it without storing info yourself, having to bring yet another account into the loop or being cumbersome and fiddling with files.

I wonder if you could let people optionally store that data from their dropbox or something like that? I guess then it's one more account that shares info though. Otherwise you have them store it locally but that's a pain.
That be nice if we could have the option to do that.

Would having two browser plug-ins be possible, or would they conflict? (like a modular ES or something)

Working on a few new features for the badge page:

mfAYidh.png

Enhanced Steam will show the approximate cost of completing a badge, and if you have card drops remaining, it will show the approximate worth of these cards (based on the average current sale price of each card for that game).

Next I'll be adding sorting options for both of those, which will let you sort badges by lowest completion cost or by highest card drop worth.

I'll also be adding a "Total approximate value" to the badge page.  For example, all of my card drops are worth approximately $67.34.

Enhanced Steam for Google Chrome has been updated to version 5.9. The change log for this version includes:

• Added a link on user profiles to their wishlist
  • Added back the achievement section to app pages that Valve mysteriously removed
  • Added sorting options to achievement pages, and the ability to sort by date unlocked
  • Added option to hide all Early Access games on the homepage and search results
  • Added badge completion and value of card drops to badges page based on avg card price
  • Added badge page sorting option to sort by highest estimated drop value
  • Added Enhanced Steam features to Steam Tag pages
  • Fixed a bug that caused hiding DLC for unowned games not to work under certain circumstances
  • Fixed homepage "Featured" section being incorrectly sized due to layout changes
This update should apply itself automatically within the next 60 minutes. And just a heads up, I'm working on porting some of these features over to Firefox soon.

bread's done
Back