Amazon Gold Box Today! Far Cry $34.99 & More

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#91 Prinze

Prinze

CAG in Training

• CAG Veteran

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

I bought Mass Effect 3 for $30 from an Amazon Gold Box thinking it was a very good deal and that it would take a few months to drop below that price. It was the same price at other retailers within a week and significantly lower within a month.

Unless you're dying to play Far Cry 3 immediately, i'd hold off since $35 or cheaper will likely be a common price within a couple of weeks. If you PM this at Best Buy, you will have 30 days to use their price match guarantee, so that might be a good idea.

Hmm I see, Thanks for the advice :D

#92 morrodox

morrodox

Hedonistic Iconoclast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Unless you're dying to play Far Cry 3 immediately, i'd hold off since $35 or cheaper will likely be a common price within a couple of weeks. If you PM this at Best Buy, you will have 30 days to use their price match guarantee, so that might be a good idea.

Agreed. My New Year's resolution was to actually reduce my backlog rather than adding to it with deals like these. So far I'm on my 4th game. I'll pick up this, Dishonored, X-COM, AC3 and Borderlands 2 for $20 when they hit that price, then it'll really feel like a bargain. Still plenty of games to go through while waiting.

#93 Oboogie188

Oboogie188

Posted 22 January 2013 - 02:58 PM

I'm going to try to PM this price for my launch-week copy at BBY today and hopefully get another $5 back.

...What? $5 is $5. ;)

Let us know how that works out for you, I need to PM my launch copy also.

#94 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

you do realize when it comes to pm, it is always ymmv experience. It could work for him, and not for you.

#95 Geco17

Geco17

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

Dang, I really wish Amazon added the PS Vita version to the GB.

#96 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:13 PM

I know it was Black Friday and all.. but NFS was $25 back then!! :( Haard to justify spending nearly $40 on it.

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#97 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

I know it was Black Friday and all.. but NFS was $25 back then!! :( Haard to justify spending nearly $40 on it.

One would hope if you spent $25 on it 2 months ago, you wouldn't spend $40 now :roll:

#98 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

So I read through the thread and it sounds like you might be able to price match Amazon's price at BestBuy. Is this true for only those who preordered and are getting a price adjustment or is this true for new purchases or both?

I have some best buy credit that I'd be willing to unload on Far Cry 3, but not willing to spend 'real' money at this price.

#99 unluckynumber11

unluckynumber11

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

No PSASBR, dang.

#100 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

In for Far Cry 3. Had $38 in Amazon credit and I've been eyeing this, so I took the plunge.

#101 fortunado

fortunado

Mathematical!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Man, once you've tasted the sweet, sweet honey of Microsoft's "$10" midnight madness game clearance-a-thon and $25 Walmart/Amazon Black Friday ames it's really hard to find a "deal" anymore. I'm surprised NFS hasn't come back down to $25 anywhere since BF.

ach.png

#102 Dormin

Dormin

Mogwai Fear Satan!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

The 6pm one is funny...

"Okay guys lets think of a catchy phrase"
"No one gives a shit about this game but Shipwreck just call it what it is"
"Your right"

I would have enjoyed it if someone would have made the clue dealing with shipwreck.
0843db393346757b68b32a43df88d267_4d9be17

#103 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:57 PM

Already beat FC3 on a Gamefly rental. I'll grab it once it comes down in price to add to the collection so I can then do all the side things.

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)

#104 mikeja72

mikeja72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:10 PM

Surely you had to spend "Real" money to get the credit you have now lol

Let me put it this way, which would you rather still have in your pocket, $35 in cash or $35 in BestBuy credit :-)

#105 Interrobang

Interrobang

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Taxes? What? I thought CAGs loved amazon for being amazon. Taxes quickly take that love away. I see.

I've yet to receive an amazing deal from Amazon for anything since I've started CAGing around. I don't have a Amazon cc so I don't get the perks many other CAGs get.

I find myself saying "wow, now that's a deal" out loud much more often while browsing Newegg. More often than not it's free shipping and there's never any tax. $34 is a sweet deal until it turns into $40. I've yet to have that "holy crap, I need this right now" moment while on Amazon.

My latest amazing experience was having Newegg match the DeepDiscount DMC price of $35. That was real nice of them. Newegg for life.

EDIT: I did get Dark Souls for $13 I think? And Dishonored for $28 on Black Friday I believe. Just editing/mentioning to be fair.

#106 rrpwiii

rrpwiii

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

Well, it could have been worse.

#107 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

I've yet to receive an amazing deal from Amazon for anything since I've started CAGing around. I don't have a Amazon cc so I don't get the perks many other CAGs get.

I find myself saying "wow, now that's a deal" out loud much more often while browsing Newegg. More often than not it's free shipping and there's never any tax. $34 is a sweet deal until it turns into $40. I've yet to have that "holy crap, I need this right now" moment while on Amazon.

My latest amazing experience was having Newegg match the DeepDiscount DMC price of $35. That was real nice of them. Newegg for life.

EDIT: I did get Dark Souls for $13 I think? And Dishonored for $28 on Black Friday I believe. Just editing/mentioning to be fair.

There were ton of great deals at black friday if you were quick enough to claim them. Got Sly Collection for $10

komentra.png card.png

LAST 3 GAMES FINISHED: The Wolf Among Us [Ep 1 - 5], Outlast: Whistleblower, WATCH_DOGS 

CLICK HERE TO JOIN "SUPERPOINTS" AND EARN AMAZON GIFT CARDS (SITE IS INVITE ONLY, THIS IS A INVITE LINK)

#108 Interrobang

Interrobang

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:22 PM

There were ton of great deals at black friday if you were quick enough to claim them. Got Sly Collection for $10

Yeah I saw that. I managed to get Dishonored for $25 or $28, I can't remember. Black Friday was sort of a wild card though, right? I mean, generally speaking, I feel like I can browse Newegg at any moment and find a steal with no tax or shipping. On Amazon, I sort of have to dig and even then I usually get to the final payment screen and back out because I just can't justify shipping or tax costs when I can probably get a price match from Newegg.

#109 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:25 PM

^ Agree

#110 ElektroDragon

ElektroDragon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

FAR CRY 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ASS on the 360 or PS3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

But its the distance scenery graphics that kill it. Plus crummy performance. They should have saved this game for next gen consoles.

I swore I would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did I mention the text is full of subtle insults to Americans? Damn French Canadian elitists.

#111 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:26 PM

Yeah I saw that. I managed to get Dishonored for $25 or $28, I can't remember. Black Friday was sort of a wild card though, right? I mean, generally speaking, I feel like I can browse Newegg at any moment and find a steal with no tax or shipping. On Amazon, I sort of have to dig and even then I usually get to the final payment screen and back out because I just can't justify shipping or tax costs when I can probably get a price match from Newegg.

Well, it's not a wild card for me because I don't pay for shipping and I don't pay tax.
I'm a Prime member so free 2-day shipping and I live in Oklahoma which doesn't collect tax from Amazon.

komentra.png card.png

#112 Komentra

Komentra

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:31 PM

FAR CRY 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ASS on the 360 or PS3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

But its the distance scenery graphics that kill it. Plus crummy performance. They should have saved this game for next gen consoles.

I swore I would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did I mention the text is full of subtle insults to Americans? Damn French Canadian elitists.

I'd say you're definitely in the minority based on all the user reviews and critical acclaim the game has received. I certainly know I had fun with it.

komentra.png card.png

#113 cancerman1120

cancerman1120

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:32 PM

far cry 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ass on the 360 or ps3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing just cause 2, red dead redemption, and skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

I swore i would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did i mention the text is full of subtle insults to americans? Damn french canadian elitists.

gtfo

#114 Interrobang

Interrobang

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

Well, it's not a wild card for me because I don't pay for shipping and I don't pay tax.
I'm a Prime member so free 2-day shipping and I live in Oklahoma which doesn't collect tax from Amazon.

I'm over in New York. I feel like when I just bought Dark Souls a few weeks ago I didn't pay tax... but I could be wrong. Are there any instances where someone in New York wouldn't pay tax? I might be making that up in my head.

#115 krashhole

krashhole

Gaming since 1981

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

gtfo

THIS! Clearly he didn't play the same game everyone else did.

#116 truebeliever1972

truebeliever1972

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

Im so tempted to get Far Cry 3, but do you all think theyll be a GOTY edition with all the DLC. Just wondering, thanks all.

#117 illennium

illennium

Systems Analyst

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:40 PM

If draw distance "killed" games for me, I'd probably be on the lookout for a new hobby.

#118 snakeinthegrass

snakeinthegrass

CAGiversary!

• Trading Timeout - Under Review

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:42 PM

Worked find for me!

#119 mbrown3

mbrown3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

Ha...this is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. FC3 looks fantastic, even on the crummy 360 hardware. Performs fantastic. Incredible game.

#120 Kecir12

Kecir12

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:49 PM

You bash Far Cry 3 and call it by the numbers but recommend Just Cause 2 and RDR over it? Really? I own all three and Far Cry 3 is by far the best. RDR has a great story but the gameplay and world in FC 3 is so much better to me. You're clearly in the minority anyways so this was probably unnecessary. The "subtle" insults sound like the real reason you hate the game. You probably pooh-pooh whenever anyone says they like Green Day too.