Amazon Gold Box Today! Far Cry $34.99 & More

[quote name='repetske']Sadly, I went with Amazon over NewEgg on Hitman so I could get the faster shipping.[/QUOTE]

You missed the free year of shoprunner last month?

The best part of this Gold Box is that I was able to PM the $34.99 price for FC3 this morning on my launch-week copy from Best Buy (I'm a Silver member and within the 60-day PM window), so that's another $5.30 back. Otherwise...meh, as usual.

Farcry 3 for 34.99. Is that a good deal? I am perfectly fine waiting awhile, but if this is as good as it's going to get (until black friday and holiday deals), I will pull the trigger now.

[quote name='Knoell']Farcry 3 for 34.99. Is that a good deal? I am perfectly fine waiting awhile, but if this is as good as it's going to get (without waiting til fall again), I will pull the trigger now.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting if that helps.

[quote name='Interrobang']I'm waiting if that helps.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've got my eye on Heart of the Swarm, Bioshock, Gears of War, Tombraider, and GTAV in March so I think I'll wait.

Not sure why I am going to buy them all at release. Microsofts 1600 point promotion is probably helping. I'm not too hyped on Gears of War right now.

So I think I will wait too. Too many games to play.

Darn target price matches online now but their website says only a week after you purchase it. I got FC3 for 39.99 when they had it on sale so would've liked the $5 but doesn't seem like it will work.

What's the chance Hitman is sub $30
Again in the coming months? Already ordered Far Cry 3 today on top of a good sized backlog so I think I should wait...

[quote name='GamerDude316']What's the chance Hitman is sub $30
Again in the coming months? Already ordered Far Cry 3 today on top of a good sized backlog so I think I should wait...[/QUOTE]I can see it dropping to around $20 within the next few months, what with so many games releasing in March. I'd wait; Far Cry 3 will definitely keep you busy enough. ;)

[quote name='GamerDude316']What's the chance Hitman is sub $30
Again in the coming months? Already ordered Far Cry 3 today on top of a good sized backlog so I think I should wait...[/QUOTE]

It's $27.99 at Newegg right now.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']PMed this at Best Buy so I could use gift cards, $40 was my buy price so I'm happy with lower. Now to just get through my backlog ...[/QUOTE]

So best buy is price matching amazon if you show them the sale? Did you go to a physical store or do it online somehow?

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Hitman's probably gonna be 34, but if it's in the 20's, I'm probably going to grab it.[/QUOTE]

So it was $30, so I stopped by a Best Buy and price matched the Newegg price for $28.

Was really hoping for that $25, oh well.

Also, no thanks on the Vanguard kit for $280. What a flop. $250 or $200 would've been the mark for me.

im still puzzled on what happend to amazon they were awful in game deals all of 2012 and 2013 has not started out any better. Only game today i was into but missed thanks to work would have been hitman.

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']im still puzzled on what happend to amazon they were awful in game deals all of 2012 and 2013 has not started out any better. Only game today i was into but missed thanks to work would have been hitman.[/QUOTE]

Amazon use to smoke the competition when it came to deals but now every beats them to the punch and they don't seem to care as much

:)

[quote name='TimboSliceGB']im still puzzled on what happend to amazon they were awful in game deals all of 2012 and 2013 has not started out any better. Only game today i was into but missed thanks to work would have been hitman.[/QUOTE]

Probably realized a bunch of cags buying their video games at a loss didn't mean we were also adding books and kindles to our carts

All amazon does now is OCCASIONALLY price match best buy. They no longer lead or set the tone for sales :(

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Probably realized a bunch of cags buying their video games at a loss didn't mean we were also adding books and kindles to our carts

All amazon does now is OCCASIONALLY price match best buy. They no longer lead or set the tone for sales :([/QUOTE]

That maybe true for console games, but they seem to do well for pc games. Not trying to to be bias in any way. Just stating the facts. 2011 was possibly the last good year for console game deals because we were almost guaranteed 20 dollar credit.

Leaning towards cancelling my Far Cry 3 order since I have so many other games in the backlog. Anybody think that (and Hitman for that matter, given its $27.99 price on Newegg) will hit this price again later in the year? Would rather hang on to my credit for now I think.

[quote name='GamerDude316']Leaning towards cancelling my Far Cry 3 order since I have so many other games in the backlog. Anybody think that (and Hitman for that matter, given its $27.99 price on Newegg) will hit this price again later in the year? Would rather hang on to my credit for now I think.[/QUOTE]

Definitely will be cheap again

[quote name='GamerDude316']Leaning towards cancelling my Far Cry 3 order since I have so many other games in the backlog. Anybody think that (and Hitman for that matter, given its $27.99 price on Newegg) will hit this price again later in the year? Would rather hang on to my credit for now I think.[/QUOTE]

I told myself I would bite on FC3 for $35 or less but I'm passing, too many games to play as it is. Being an Ubisoft title helps the possibility that it will drop in price again soon.

I did Redbox it a few times, great game, worthy of the praise.

Yeah, I went ahead and cancelled it. I currently have Borderlands 2, The Walking Dead, Witcher 2, Skyward Sword, most of Forza Horizon and soon Bioshock 1 and 2 in my backlog as it is, so I will wait. Plus I might be able to track down Far Cry 1 and 2 to play through first.

As for Hitman, I want to play Blood Money again so I will pick that up first.

[quote name='ckc4043']Should I jump on far cry 3....will it drop lower soon?[/QUOTE]
It's Ubisoft, so chances are very good that it will be under $20 in 1-3 months.

:)

[quote name='ckc4043']Should I jump on far cry 3....will it drop lower soon?[/QUOTE]

depends on your backlog. If you plan to play it pretty soon might as well pick it up, but if it'll be a while (like it will for with all the other games to play through first), youre better off to wait since we know it will hit at least $30-$35 again (and probably $20 later in the year)

[quote name='GamerDude316']depends on your backlog. If you plan to play it pretty soon might as well pick it up, but if it'll be a while (like it will for with all the other games to play through first), youre better off to wait since we know it will hit at least $30-$35 again (and probably $20 later in the year)[/QUOTE]

I still have 10 games more in my backlog. Two of them are hd collection. I may pass it then...I am just afraid it will drop soon.

[quote name='VIDEOGAME IGODI']It's Ubisoft, so chances are very good that it will be under $20 in 1-3 months.

:)[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your remind. I decide to pass then. By the way, how about just dance 4? Will it drop lower than $22.99?

[quote name='ckc4043']Thank you for your remind. I decide to pass then. By the way, how about just dance 4? Will it drop lower than $22.99?[/QUOTE]

(Holds envelope up to turbaned forehead...)

OMG. LOL. SMH. (Your emoticon here; they pretty much all work in this situation.)

bread's done
Back