Amazon Gold Box Today! Far Cry $34.99 & More

[quote name='Timenice']Can I pm this at best buy either in store or over the phone to buy it?[/QUOTE]

This is what I want to know as well since I'll be going there today anyway.

I know they would pm online retailers during Christmas, but I'm not sure if they stopped yet.

I wonder how much NHL will be.

Also, I love their Baller Beats hint. Its like they didn't even want to bother with trying.

Finally tried this from a Redbox a couple weeks ago, it's awesome. Luckily Gamefly finally stopped sucking and mailed me a copy though so i'll pass but highly recommend from the few hours I played so far.

Great price for a great freakin' game... In contention for GOTY, only wish it wasn't realeased so late in the year so more people would have been able to give it a shot. Well worth $35...

[quote name='ShadowNYC']Hitman's probably gonna be 34, but if it's in the 20's, I'm probably going to grab it.[/QUOTE]
It's $27.99 from newegg. Hopefully amazon price matches it. Wouldn't hurt to have everyone send in their price match requests now ahead of the lightning deal.

[quote name='JasonTerminator']Good deal on Far Cry 3 if you want the gimped console version.[/QUOTE]

It's on sale for the pc too.

I wonder how much they'll shave off of Hitman's price.

[quote name='Timenice']Can I pm this at best buy either in store or over the phone to buy it?[/QUOTE]

If not, you can definitely pm it at Target

[quote name='esalw822']Great price for a great freakin' game... In contention for GOTY, only wish it wasn't realeased so late in the year so more people would have been able to give it a shot. Well worth $35...[/QUOTE]
This. It's a great game. If there were games released in the last couple years that should have gotten GOTY nominations and didn't it'd be Saints Row The Third and this game right here.

[quote name='mikepeluso']How long do you guys think it will be until Far cry 3 will be $29.99 or lower?[/QUOTE]
Well, the publisher is Ubisoft, so I'll say 1-3 months, but realistically it will probably be a couple of weeks. I really don't know why anyone buys Ubisoft games on day one for full price. They have a reputation of lowering the price days later.

:)

[quote name='PublikDefender']It's $27.99 from newegg. Hopefully amazon price matches it. Wouldn't hurt to have everyone send in their price match requests now ahead of the lightning deal.[/QUOTE]
Here's how you tell Amazon:

1. Find the product you're looking for.

2. Scroll down to the 'product details' section (If you start reading customer reviews, you've scrolled down too far).

3. In the 'product details' section you'll see options to 'update product info,' 'give feedback on images,' and 'tell us about a lower price.'

4. Click 'tell us about a lower price.'

:)

Picked it up, had a $5 voucher burning a hole in my wallet so for $30 plus tax it seemed worth it.

It'll probably appear for $20 somewhere now, but such is life.

Seems like a pretty good gold box deal, but I have no interest in farcry 3 or any of the other deals. Hopefully someone will get something they likeffor cheap out of this.

[quote name='benjamouth']Picked it up, had a $5 voucher burning a hole in my wallet so for $30 plus tax it seemed worth it.

It'll probably appear for $20 somewhere now, but such is life.[/QUOTE]

I like how you're already preparing for buyer's remorse. You're definitely a CAG Vet :p

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Far Cry 2 dropped like a grandmas boobs. This will be $20 in a month[/QUOTE]

This is also a much better game than Far Cry 2.

So I give it a month and a half til 20. ;)

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster (finally made an account), so is it worth it to buy it now?
I really don't know if i should risk it or pm it somewhere

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Far Cry 2 dropped like a grandmas boobs. This will be $20 in a month[/QUOTE]

It is still a top 15 game on Xbox Live. It will hold better than that.

[quote name='cancerman1120']It is still a top 15 game on Xbox Live. It will hold better than that.[/QUOTE]

Top 15? Grandma's boobs are still getting some attention these days.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Top 15? Grandma's boobs are still getting some attention these days.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just checked. #12 last week. 2 spots better than Borderlands 2 at #14. Hitman not even in top 20. The MP was decent enough that it should help keep some around after the excellent SP.

[quote name='Prinze']Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster (finally made an account), so is it worth it to buy it now?
I really don't know if i should risk it or pm it somewhere[/QUOTE]

I bought Mass Effect 3 for $30 from an Amazon Gold Box thinking it was a very good deal and that it would take a few months to drop below that price. It was the same price at other retailers within a week and significantly lower within a month.

Unless you're dying to play Far Cry 3 immediately, i'd hold off since $35 or cheaper will likely be a common price within a couple of weeks. If you PM this at Best Buy, you will have 30 days to use their price match guarantee, so that might be a good idea.

[quote name='WNYX585AM']I bought Mass Effect 3 for $30 from an Amazon Gold Box thinking it was a very good deal and that it would take a few months to drop below that price. It was the same price at other retailers within a week and significantly lower within a month.

Unless you're dying to play Far Cry 3 immediately, i'd hold off since $35 or cheaper will likely be a common price within a couple of weeks. If you PM this at Best Buy, you will have 30 days to use their price match guarantee, so that might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]
Hmm I see, Thanks for the advice :D

[quote name='WNYX585AM']
Unless you're dying to play Far Cry 3 immediately, i'd hold off since $35 or cheaper will likely be a common price within a couple of weeks. If you PM this at Best Buy, you will have 30 days to use their price match guarantee, so that might be a good idea.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. My New Year's resolution was to actually reduce my backlog rather than adding to it with deals like these. So far I'm on my 4th game. I'll pick up this, Dishonored, X-COM, AC3 and Borderlands 2 for $20 when they hit that price, then it'll really feel like a bargain. Still plenty of games to go through while waiting.

[quote name='thisboywillbreak']These deals will be like Manti T'eo's girlfriend.[/QUOTE]
You have bad timing.

We're already into the "we've seen prices and tearing them apart" stage, we're well past the "I'm going to try to make a witty joke on something happening in the news today".

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm going to try to PM this price for my launch-week copy at BBY today and hopefully get another $5 back.

...What? $5 is $5. ;)[/QUOTE]

Let us know how that works out for you, I need to PM my launch copy also.

[quote name='Oboogie188']Let us know how that works out for you, I need to PM my launch copy also.[/QUOTE]

you do realize when it comes to pm, it is always ymmv experience. It could work for him, and not for you.

Almost bought Far Cry 3 until I saw tax pushed it closer to $39. Oh, Amazon. Time and time again you prove why my love for Newegg over you is justified.

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']I know it was Black Friday and all.. but NFS was $25 back then!! :( Haard to justify spending nearly $40 on it.[/QUOTE]One would hope if you spent $25 on it 2 months ago, you wouldn't spend $40 now :roll:

So I read through the thread and it sounds like you might be able to price match Amazon's price at BestBuy. Is this true for only those who preordered and are getting a price adjustment or is this true for new purchases or both?

I have some best buy credit that I'd be willing to unload on Far Cry 3, but not willing to spend 'real' money at this price.

bread's done
Back