Amazon Gold Box Today! Far Cry $34.99 & More

Man, once you've tasted the sweet, sweet honey of Microsoft's "$10" midnight madness game clearance-a-thon and $25 Walmart/Amazon Black Friday ames it's really hard to find a "deal" anymore. I'm surprised NFS hasn't come back down to $25 anywhere since BF.

[quote name='krashhole']Surely you had to spend "Real" money to get the credit you have now lol[/QUOTE]

Not really. I'm a member of several online survey panels (one which just gave me a 70 dollar amazon gift card for telling them about my experiences about shopping at Walgreens, lol).

Then theres another site where I just answer questions and it takes about 1 minute a day and I end up getting $10-$20 in Amazon credit per month from that site which isn't a whole lot but it add's up and doesn't require much effort.

Then theres several iPhone apps that give you points for trying free apps which you can then redeem the points for Amazon GC's.

[quote name='Interrobang']Almost bought Far Cry 3 until I saw tax pushed it closer to $39. Oh, Amazon. Time and time again you prove why my love for Newegg over you is justified.[/QUOTE]

Taxes? What? I thought CAGs loved amazon for being amazon. Taxes quickly take that love away. I see.

The 6pm one is funny...

"Okay guys lets think of a catchy phrase"
"No one gives a shit about this game but Shipwreck just call it what it is"
"Your right"

I would have enjoyed it if someone would have made the clue dealing with shipwreck.

Already beat FC3 on a Gamefly rental. I'll grab it once it comes down in price to add to the collection so I can then do all the side things.

[quote name='Komentra']Not really. I'm a member of several online survey panels (one which just gave me a 70 dollar amazon gift card for telling them about my experiences about shopping at Walgreens, lol).

Then theres another site where I just answer questions and it takes about 1 minute a day and I end up getting $10-$20 in Amazon credit per month from that site which isn't a whole lot but it add's up and doesn't require much effort.

Then theres several iPhone apps that give you points for trying free apps which you can then redeem the points for Amazon GC's.[/QUOTE]Wait, where is this place that paid you $70 to tell them about Walgreens? I want links! PM me :)

[quote name='krashhole']Wait, where is this place that paid you $70 to tell them about Walgreens? I want links! PM me :)[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='oasisboy']Taxes? What? I thought CAGs loved amazon for being amazon. Taxes quickly take that love away. I see.[/QUOTE]

They still love Amazon...they just hate the government. ;)

[quote name='krashhole']Surely you had to spend "Real" money to get the credit you have now lol[/QUOTE]

Let me put it this way, which would you rather still have in your pocket, $35 in cash or $35 in BestBuy credit :)

[quote name='oasisboy']Taxes? What? I thought CAGs loved amazon for being amazon. Taxes quickly take that love away. I see.[/QUOTE]

I've yet to receive an amazing deal from Amazon for anything since I've started CAGing around. I don't have a Amazon cc so I don't get the perks many other CAGs get.

I find myself saying "wow, now that's a deal" out loud much more often while browsing Newegg. More often than not it's free shipping and there's never any tax. $34 is a sweet deal until it turns into $40. I've yet to have that "holy crap, I need this right now" moment while on Amazon.

My latest amazing experience was having Newegg match the DeepDiscount DMC price of $35. That was real nice of them. Newegg for life.

EDIT: I did get Dark Souls for $13 I think? And Dishonored for $28 on Black Friday I believe. Just editing/mentioning to be fair.

[quote name='Interrobang']I've yet to receive an amazing deal from Amazon for anything since I've started CAGing around. I don't have a Amazon cc so I don't get the perks many other CAGs get.

I find myself saying "wow, now that's a deal" out loud much more often while browsing Newegg. More often than not it's free shipping and there's never any tax. $34 is a sweet deal until it turns into $40. I've yet to have that "holy crap, I need this right now" moment while on Amazon.

My latest amazing experience was having Newegg match the DeepDiscount DMC price of $35. That was real nice of them. Newegg for life.

EDIT: I did get Dark Souls for $13 I think? And Dishonored for $28 on Black Friday I believe. Just editing/mentioning to be fair.[/QUOTE]

There were ton of great deals at black friday if you were quick enough to claim them. Got Sly Collection for $10

[quote name='Komentra']There were ton of great deals at black friday if you were quick enough to claim them. Got Sly Collection for $10[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that. I managed to get Dishonored for $25 or $28, I can't remember. Black Friday was sort of a wild card though, right? I mean, generally speaking, I feel like I can browse Newegg at any moment and find a steal with no tax or shipping. On Amazon, I sort of have to dig and even then I usually get to the final payment screen and back out because I just can't justify shipping or tax costs when I can probably get a price match from Newegg.

FAR CRY 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ASS on the 360 or PS3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

But its the distance scenery graphics that kill it. Plus crummy performance. They should have saved this game for next gen consoles.

I swore I would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did I mention the text is full of subtle insults to Americans? Damn French Canadian elitists.

[quote name='Interrobang']Yeah I saw that. I managed to get Dishonored for $25 or $28, I can't remember. Black Friday was sort of a wild card though, right? I mean, generally speaking, I feel like I can browse Newegg at any moment and find a steal with no tax or shipping. On Amazon, I sort of have to dig and even then I usually get to the final payment screen and back out because I just can't justify shipping or tax costs when I can probably get a price match from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not a wild card for me because I don't pay for shipping and I don't pay tax.
I'm a Prime member so free 2-day shipping and I live in Oklahoma which doesn't collect tax from Amazon.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']FAR CRY 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ASS on the 360 or PS3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

But its the distance scenery graphics that kill it. Plus crummy performance. They should have saved this game for next gen consoles.

I swore I would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did I mention the text is full of subtle insults to Americans? Damn French Canadian elitists.[/QUOTE]

I'd say you're definitely in the minority based on all the user reviews and critical acclaim the game has received. I certainly know I had fun with it.

[quote name='elektrodragon']far cry 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ass on the 360 or ps3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing just cause 2, red dead redemption, and skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

I swore i would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did i mention the text is full of subtle insults to americans? Damn french canadian elitists.[/quote]

gtfo

[quote name='Komentra']Well, it's not a wild card for me because I don't pay for shipping and I don't pay tax.
I'm a Prime member so free 2-day shipping and I live in Oklahoma which doesn't collect tax from Amazon.[/QUOTE]

I'm over in New York. I feel like when I just bought Dark Souls a few weeks ago I didn't pay tax... but I could be wrong. Are there any instances where someone in New York wouldn't pay tax? I might be making that up in my head.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']FAR CRY 3 is not worth it. The graphics look like ASS on the 360 or PS3, especially any distance or scenery, and the gameplay is boring by the numbers open world. You're better off playing Just Cause 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Skyrim. You'll get all the same experiences, except each game is much better.

I swore I would not buy this game for my 360 unless it was $10. Did I mention the text is full of subtle insults to Americans? Damn French Canadian elitists.[/QUOTE]

If draw distance "killed" games for me, I'd probably be on the lookout for a new hobby.

Ha...this is one of the craziest things I've ever seen. FC3 looks fantastic, even on the crummy 360 hardware. Performs fantastic. Incredible game.

You bash Far Cry 3 and call it by the numbers but recommend Just Cause 2 and RDR over it? Really? I own all three and Far Cry 3 is by far the best. RDR has a great story but the gameplay and world in FC 3 is so much better to me. You're clearly in the minority anyways so this was probably unnecessary. The "subtle" insults sound like the real reason you hate the game. You probably pooh-pooh whenever anyone says they like Green Day too.

Best Buy's website still shows a $20 reward zone certificate for both console versions of Far Cry 3. Perhaps the crazy among us want to attempt a point-of-purchase PM and then try to get the $20 certificate as well. Probably borderline impossible, but just throwing it out there.

Getting Hitman with credits if it's $28 like NewEgg.

Don't know about Far Cry 3 though.
Not a fan of single file save systems and I heard about an annoyance with the end game.
no more spawning enemies, except in certain spots

[quote name='KrizB']

Don't know about Far Cry 3 though.
Not a fan of single file save systems and I heard about an annoyance with the end game.
no more spawning enemies, except in certain spots
[/QUOTE]

I think that is more in response to Far Cry 2, because people pointed that out as the primary reason they hated Far Cry 2 :wall:

[quote name='Sophita']I think that is more in response to Far Cry 2, because people pointed that out as the primary reason they hated Far Cry 2 :wall:[/QUOTE]

Yeah I could not finish FC2 because of that. But FC3 I played to almost 100% completion.

[quote name='Sophita']I think that is more in response to Far Cry 2, because people pointed that out as the primary reason they hated Far Cry 2 :wall:[/QUOTE]
That's what I was thinking as well but they could have at least added an option
to turn them on/off
once the story is completed.

User is blind... has no thumbs.

[quote name='fortunado']Man, once you've tasted the sweet, sweet honey of Microsoft's "$10" midnight madness game clearance-a-thon and $25 Walmart/Amazon Black Friday ames it's really hard to find a "deal" anymore. I'm surprised NFS hasn't come back down to $25 anywhere since BF.[/QUOTE]

I'm right there with you. I don't care what anyone says about time machines not existing, blah blah blah. Any price that is more than the lowest price I have ever seen at a major retailer is not a "great" deal, imo.

Not sure what Hitman's price will be, but I am currently playing this game and it is freakin amazing. (Keep in mind this is my first Hitman game, and I absolutely love stealth games like Deus Ex:HR and Splinter Cell.)

[quote name='CaseX']I'm right there with you. I don't care what anyone says about time machines not existing, blah blah blah. Any price that is more than the lowest price I have ever seen at a major retailer is not a "great" deal, imo.[/QUOTE]
Right there with you, to a certain extent, but you can't really compare normal everyday deals to a situation where a certain price was available one time for 15 minutes at 1:00 am. :lol: Still, I know I'll have to hold my nose to pay more than $10 for Dragon's Dogma. :lol:

I just finished Far Cry 3 yesterday and I highly recommend it. That is one fantastic game.
The stealth action in that game is the best fun I have had in a long time. I loved liberating outposts with out being detected like a bad ass.

I bet the upcoming lightning deal price on Hitman Absolution is more than the current price for the game on Newegg (27.99). Anyone want to take my bet?

[quote name='YBX87']unfortunately , that is the deal[/QUOTE]

Prepare for massive complaints from entitled people

bread's done
Back