Do we really need a Paul Bearer Memorial Thread? Ohhhhhhhhh Yeeeeessss

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1015 replies to this topic

#91 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

WWE is receiving more criticism from conservative websites including Twitchy and Breitbart.com for their Jack Swagger and Zeb Colter characters, accusing the company of bashing the Tea Party. WWE Senior VP of Marketing & Communications released the following statement:

“WWE has a long history of creating fictional characters that serve as either protagonists or antagonists, no different than other television shows or feature films. To create compelling and relevant content for our audience, it is important to incorporate current events into our storylines. WWE is creating drama centered on a topical subject that has varying points of view to develop a rivalry between two characters. This storyline in no way represents WWE’s political point of view. One should not confuse WWE’s storytelling with what WWE stands for, similar to other entertainment companies such as Warner Bros., Universal Studios or Viacom.”

#92 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:19 PM

No publicity is bad publicity in the Dobble Dobble.
Posted Image

#93 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

If Vince wasn't...well Vince basically, he'd realize there is a real opportunity here to pull a Colbert. Have Swagger just be as batshit crazy tea partier as possible, really ham it up. It could end up being hilarious, but sadly that won't happen.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#94 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:48 PM

I wonder if he holds the Tea Party responsible for him wasting 100 million dollars. If I were him, I would. People like Akin and Murdock sure made things harder for Linda.

Posted Image

#95 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

Could be, I've never thought he was one of them, that's for certain. Vince seems like he has a pretty low tolerance for bullshit in his life. He may be conservative, but at the end of the day I don't think he cares about politics so long as it doesn't effect his business. So now he gets to make fun of some folks, satirize them a little, make them look foolish.

With regards to the complaints, I do think that it might be a case of looking themselves in the mirror and not liking what they see. Sometimes people like spouting of to others, but not when someone is spouting their own bullshit back at them.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#96 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Can't wait for the "WWE 2K14 Anticipation Thread"!

http://m.kotaku.com/...lease-this-fall

#97 007

Areaologist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

Eh, I always figured that part of whatever deal WWE made with anyone was going to be that a game still released this year. That seemed even more likely once it was noted that Yukes was still hanging around.

I just couldn't see WWE, especially with the THQ debacle, going "Oh, no, totally... don't worry about a game this year". The yearly release has got to be a pretty solid money-maker for them.

#98 Regian

Regian

LevelUpNews.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Just when Swagger was on the ups: Busted for DUI and marijuana possession:

http://m.tmz.com/#Ar...ffic-violations

Sorry for the mobile links, but I'm at work.

#99 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:41 PM

I'm genuinely disappointed by that news. I was really digging the gimmick.

#100 OnyxPrimal

OnyxPrimal

Chocolate Goodness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Just what... 6 weeks til Wrestlemania? and He couldn't stay out of trouble that long? What the hell, Swagger?

edit:
‏@ryansatin (covers Wrestling for TMZ)
Just got some more info from the police about Swagger's arrest. The DUI was NOT alcohol related. It's been listed under "other"

Edited by OnyxPrimal, 20 February 2013 - 10:34 PM.

#101 Clak

Clak

Made of star stuff.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:24 PM

I have to imagine that the folks at WWE PR must hate their jobs. Never know what controversy they'll have to deal with next.

#102 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

I bet they're going to take his WM spot away from him. Article:

WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned -- after allegedly driving under the influence ... with pot in his car.

Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger -- real name Jacob Hager -- was leaving a "Smackdown" taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding.

According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence -- and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.

We're told Swagger -- a former WWE World Heavyweight champ -- was taken in by local sheriff's deputies ... and later released on his own recognizance.

He has been charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding -- all misdemeanors.

We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, "Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions."

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#103 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

For pot? No. For driving drunk? No.

For getting caught? Disco.
Posted Image

#104 Spyder187

Spyder187

Scratch & Sniff!

• Banned

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:32 PM

And the Dumbass of the Year Slammy goes to......
Posted Image

i added a link to more wang pics.

#105 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:08 PM

He should come out and say that the market should decide whether his actions constituted a public nuisance. Real Tea Partiers would agree that the laws he violated are unfair and are a part of the work of a nanny state.

Edit: Just in case people thought I was kidding.

Edited by CaseyRyback, 21 February 2013 - 12:32 AM.

Posted Image

#106 Dr. Venkman

Dr. Venkman

Body Piercer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:43 PM

The kind of people that take these kinds of risks with their career simply blow my mind.

I have nothing against pot personally (I do not partake) but seriously, you have been plucked from the lower-midcard where you were jobbing to Santino and Brodus, given a new gimmick and manager and fed a world title spot at Wrestlemania and you couldn't stay away from weed for 6 weeks? I have zero sympathy.

Posted Image

My bets on who takes his place (IF he is replaced for WM)

In no order:

1.) Cody Rhodes (A good choice IMO)
2.) Chris Jericho (Face Vs. Face)
3.) The Shield (I don't enjoy this choice but they are over right now)
4.) Ryback (PLEASE GOD NO)
5.) Antonio Cesaro (This would be my first pick)

Edited by Dr. Venkman, 21 February 2013 - 12:03 AM.

I'm not yellow. I'm gold.

#107 Antiques Roadshow

Antiques Roadshow

Dick Tracy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:12 AM

This really sucks, because the We The People thing was one of the coolest things I've seen from WWE in quite a while.

Krumm_walk.gifOblina_walk.gifIckus_walk.gif

I'm looking for SNES games. PM me.

#108 dkreegz515

dkreegz515

Dave "Drama" Kreegz

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:17 AM

they could turn it into an angle and have zeb berate him and beat him up... ahhahah
Posted Image

#109 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:31 AM

They could terminate his deal, which they haven't before, but if they want to start a precedent from Section 14 of the Wellness Policy:

Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal.

#110 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:43 AM

I wonder if Vince still wants to ask Bradshaw to punish people (stiff 'em) for stupid shiz. Now would be a great time to bring JBL back to the ring, just in time for WM... and beat the everloving piss out of Swags for being a dumbass.

#111 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:48 AM

They could terminate his deal, which they haven't before, but if they want to start a precedent from Section 14 of the Wellness Policy:

Any WWE Talent, who is arrested, convicted or who admits to a violation of law relating to use, possession, purchase, sale or distribution of drugs will be in material breach of his/her contract with WWE and subject to immediate dismissal.

Emphasis on the semantics of "subject to immediate dismissal" which is there to ensure they don't have to fire a Cena or Orton tiered wrestler that manages to up like Swagger did. Good ol' legalese. Unfortunately for Swagger, I'm pretty sure he's that sort of caliber in the eyes of The E.

Edited by ced, 21 February 2013 - 12:49 AM.
Included mitch079's Quote for context since I didn't realize HydroX had posted before me

Posted Image

#112 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:58 AM

I'm sure Dixie Carter is itching to tweet about a major announcement regarding the signing of a former "world heavyweight champion".

#113 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

I'm sure Dixie Carter is itching to tweet about a major announcement regarding the signing of a former "world heavyweight champion".

Jeff Hardy might be itching, but for a different reason :lol:

#114 Ced

Ced

Monster Hustler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Jeff Hardy. RVD. Jack Swagger. Triple Threat Match for the TNA Championship. And a bag of pot.
Posted Image

#115 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:39 AM

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#116 thenockmlb

thenockmlb

Let's Go Cubbies!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:55 AM

He should come out and say that the market should decide whether his actions constituted a public nuisance. Real Tea Partiers would agree that the laws he violated are unfair and are a part of the work of a nanny state.

Edit: Just in case people thought I was kidding.

I was thinking the same thing when the news broke -- have him go all Ayn Rand-Libertarian. However, I don't think the audience is sophisticated enough for it. What a shame, I was digging the gimmick, something new and fresh. I did grimace and brace myself for faint cheers during these recent promos, with the WWE touring the south.

#117 The Great Muta

The Great Muta

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:04 AM

Jeff Hardy might be itching, but for a different reason :lol:

Body paint -125
Contact dermatitis -105
Crabs -300

Jeff Hardy. RVD. Jack Swagger. Triple Threat Match for the TNA Championship. And a bag of pot.

For a guy his size and reach, and wrestling background, I think there's still time for him to head down to AKA and train with Cormier and company.

#118 bg88

bg88

Michael Mann fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:18 AM

Does it make me a bad person that this Swagger news makes me happy? It baffles the hell out of me that they see something in this guy to give him a title shot at WM.

I kind of hope he goes back to jobbing now...

#119 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

My bets on who takes his place (IF he is replaced for WM)

In no order:

1.) Cody Rhodes (A good choice IMO)
2.) Chris Jericho (Face Vs. Face)
3.) The Shield (I don't enjoy this choice but they are over right now)
4.) Ryback (PLEASE GOD NO)
5.) Antonio Cesaro (This would be my first pick)

6. Randy Orton

New sig coming soon.

#120 Aldogg

Aldogg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:38 AM

6. Randy Orton

7. Mark Henry

One its better than the shitstorm it looks like they might be setting up with Kahli. Two, I actually have been enjoying Henry's run and like Del Rio being the underdog vs another super heavyweight.