DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

#91 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 07:29 PM

The only thing keeping me from doing any cases against him/her at this point is the fact that people on Blu-Ray.com have went to Best Buy yesterday and purchased REAL Cinemanow codes to try and they don't work either.

I have no doubt CinemaNow is screwed up, but killing her email, just seems to confirm suspicions.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#92 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:32 PM

More info from eBay seller.

Stoned99,

The codes have not been deemed fraudulent as i have many transcripts of conversations with them and they are working on getting the balances back into everyone's account my account as well was affected by this. No where in Cinemanow's terms and condition does it say anything about codes not being able to be sold once purchased or obtained. So how could they be fraud? Just give them the chance to work on the problem and lets see if all goes back to normal.

- sellingeverything305
Posted Image

#93 RandyNDee

RandyNDee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:14 AM

I would like to see the conversations he/she claims to have b/c CinemaNow has said in a message that they are not legit. Fraud. And the reason no codes (even legit ones) are working has something to do with the fraud investigation. From what the CinemaNow people said on fb, it seems they froze the entire site (from codes) until they get it sorted out. Even coupon codes are not working.

#94 RandyNDee

RandyNDee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:09 AM

Seems odd that he changed his name on ebay the same day that everyone's credits were reset to $0. Check it out. Ebay has it listed.

#95 Blazz66

Blazz66

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:37 AM

I would like to see the conversations he/she claims to have b/c CinemaNow has said in a message that they are not legit. Fraud. And the reason no codes (even legit ones) are working has something to do with the fraud investigation. From what the CinemaNow people said on fb, it seems they froze the entire site (from codes) until they get it sorted out. Even coupon codes are not working.

I've gottenn two HD codes from them both work great.
I'm just waiting it out getting codes so cheap always a risk.
I feel I've gotten my money's worth over and over.
KnK

Edited by Blazz66, 07 March 2013 - 10:34 AM.

#96 emmikay

emmikay

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:22 PM

Here is an article that a blu-ray.com user posted.

http://www.maclife.c...credit_balances
(I can't add this as an auto-link since I'm a new user- so copy and paste)

Post it everywhere you can. Someone should add this article to their Facebook page. I would but I do not have a Facebook account.

Edited by emmikay, 07 March 2013 - 03:28 PM.
Added

#97 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

Well, I just got a free code for Wreck it Ralph via chat so thats going to be my daily exercise until they fix this fiasco.
Posted Image

#98 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:35 PM

Here is an article that a blu-ray.com user posted.

http://www.maclife.c...credit_balances
(I can't add this as an auto-link since I'm a new user- so copy and paste)

Post it everywhere you can. Someone should add this article to their Facebook page. I would but I do not have a Facebook account.

The line CinemaNow has no idea how much credit each customer had is a very troubling statement. I was surprised when this all started that I couldn't find any account transaction history, and now I no why.
Posted Image

#99 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:38 PM

The maclife article offered a glimpse at what may be happening. My guess is the codes are legit, but they are bought using stolen credit cards. The ebay seller made a point to insist cinemanow had no language against reselling codes in their Terms of Agreement.
Posted Image

#100 emmikay

emmikay

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:39 PM

You must have serious patience. I cannot be asked one more time - what device I am using or if I've cleared my cache, when the issues are clearly not caused or corrected by any dumb thing they ask. I'm surprised they don't say "try plugging your device in to a different outlet". Just as dumb.

#101 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:41 PM

You must have serious patience. I cannot be asked one more time - what device I am using or if I've cleared my cache, when the issues are clearly not caused or corrected by any dumb thing they ask. I'm surprised they don't say "try plugging your device in to a different outlet". Just as dumb.

actually the entire process took less than 5 mins. I basically said I tried to buy X, but my credit is missing, followed by how do I get this for my kids today.
Posted Image

#102 eMTe

eMTe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

I just purchased a $5.00 certificate of bestbuy.com, after waiting 2 hours for my instant code I went to my cinemanow to redeem it. typed in code and it said
Gift Card Redemption Successful:

Account Balance $0.00

Account Balance $0.00
To purchase a Movie or TV Show with store credit you must complete the account registration process by entering a valid credit card. Your credit card will not be charged unless your Order Total exceeds your Store Credit.

Problem is with all cinemanow codes not just discounted ones off internet.

#103 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 04:52 PM

I just purchased a $5.00 certificate of bestbuy.com, after waiting 2 hours for my instant code I went to my cinemanow to redeem it. typed in code and it said

Account Balance $0.00

Account Balance $0.00
To purchase a Movie or TV Show with store credit you must complete the account registration process by entering a valid credit card. Your credit card will not be charged unless your Order Total exceeds your Store Credit.

Problem is with all cinemanow codes not just discounted ones off internet.

Agreed, that had been established a while back. Codes specific to actual movies still work, for instance I got a code yesterday for the Hobbit Extra content and that added instantly.
Posted Image

#104 RandyNDee

RandyNDee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

these customer support answers are very silly. Told (again) to use another browser and to use a PC not a laptop. Really???:roll:

#105 eMTe

eMTe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:19 PM

According to someone on blu-ray.com he got an email from cinemanow saying
Dear CinemaNow Accommodation Participant,

All your codes have been deactivated due to fraudulent activity. You will not be receiving credit back to your account.

So that sucks!

Edited by eMTe, 07 March 2013 - 08:43 PM.

#106 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:30 PM

I just got this.

All your codes have been deactivated due to fraudulent activity. You will not be receiving credit back to your account.
Check out the greatest website ever at: www.WeWantInsanity.com

#107 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

According to someone on blu-ray.com he got an email from cinemanow saying

So that sucks if its true!

If anyone doubts the email I got, here is a screen shot:

Posted Image

#108 eMTe

eMTe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:42 PM

That does suck! So Best Buy has a license to steal!! Unreal

#109 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

That does suck! So Best Buy has a license to steal!! Unreal

People on Blu-Ray are implying that the email screen cap I posted above is fake but I assure everyone it is not.

Some folks just can't accept the reality of the situation.

It came from the email that chat told me to hit up when this whole thing went down so that's why it's not from the usual customer support team.

#110 eMTe

eMTe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:54 PM

With the amount of emails sent to cinemanow this week im sure others will be getting one soon to validate.

#111 rdlee

rdlee

The Ratings Are In!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:55 PM

With the amount of emails sent to cinemanow this week im sure others will be getting one soon to validate.

Only if they did what I did and email that specific team it looks like.

#112 eMTe

eMTe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

Only if they did what I did and email that specific team it looks like.

It looks like thats a site for Best Buy employees and they give them reward codes for getting an 80% on a test. I think there might be some confusion on there end!

#113 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:26 PM

Jesus, thats one cold email. No ability to follow up, just a screw you.

And the accomodation program is legit, you can google it. So someone figured out how to game that site ?
Posted Image

#114 eMTe

eMTe

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:34 PM

Jesus, thats one cold email. No ability to follow up, just a screw you.

And the accomodation program is legit, you can google it. So someone figured out how to game that site ?

It's legit for Best Buy employees. You cant even enter the site without your BB employee ID!

#115 dino88

dino88

Fa Fa Fo Hi

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

I'm glad the mods stepped in and stopped everyone from posting this guy's contact information in the trade thread. I'm sure they prevented plenty of other people from getting scammed. I was always a little confused when I saw people continually posting about some random guy on ebay's too good to be true listing. As much as it sucks for the people that were scammed, some of the people that were giving him free advertising in the trade thread are partially to blame.

#116 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Yup, the Wild, Wild West got a little tamer. I suspect the whole cinemanow concept was a little new to draw conclusions against, so the mods took a hands off approach initially. Some folks seem to have really got burned though, which is a pity.
Posted Image

#117 mrsilkunderwear

mrsilkunderwear

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:44 AM

Here is what I got (It doesnt work) :
A BestBuy CinemaNow Support Agent has responded to your support case!

Click the link below to view or update your support case. (Note: the case is automatically closed if no response is received within 5 days).

* Case # XXXXX - http://ressupport.ro...cinemanow&case=

Problem\Question:
Balance lost ($350)

Agent Response:
We apologize for the inconvenience, to resore the credit onto the account unlink from Ultraviolet and then link back up.

#118 RandyNDee

RandyNDee

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:54 AM

We just saw a post on bluray.com that said cinema.man is no longer on ebay, under his new alias either. We checked and sure enough, he is no longer a registered user. Interesting since he did it right after a case was opened against him by another user that we were told about.

#119 jgiovanni

jgiovanni

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:18 PM

Here is an HD rental from CN.

29C4416

jgiovanni.png

Please check out DCUVHD.com for all UV/ITunes movie trading needs!

#120 Gone Viral

Gone Viral

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

I just got this.

Go on the attack. There was no way for you to know this. Let them know that you will be reporting them to The Consumerist, Better Business Bureau and that web site linked earlier. Clearly identify to them that the PR hit they take from this will make a few hundred dollars in credit look like nothing. See if that changes the icy nature of their response.