DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

[quote name='RandyNDee']I would like to see the conversations he/she claims to have b/c CinemaNow has said in a message that they are not legit. Fraud. And the reason no codes (even legit ones) are working has something to do with the fraud investigation. From what the CinemaNow people said on fb, it seems they froze the entire site (from codes) until they get it sorted out. Even coupon codes are not working.[/QUOTE]

I've gottenn two HD codes from them both work great.
I'm just waiting it out getting codes so cheap always a risk.
I feel I've gotten my money's worth over and over.
KnK

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you saying you redeemed 2 HD codes? As in digital copies? I was referring to coupon and gift card codes. Several people have mentioned that they are not working.

Well, I just got a free code for Wreck it Ralph via chat so thats going to be my daily exercise until they fix this fiasco.

[quote name='emmikay']Here is an article that a blu-ray.com user posted.

http://www.maclife.com/article/news/cinemanow_pulls_vanishing_act_customer_store_credit_balances
(I can't add this as an auto-link since I'm a new user- so copy and paste)

Post it everywhere you can. Someone should add this article to their Facebook page. I would but I do not have a Facebook account.[/QUOTE]

The line CinemaNow has no idea how much credit each customer had is a very troubling statement. I was surprised when this all started that I couldn't find any account transaction history, and now I no why.

[quote name='RandyNDee']I would like to see the conversations he/she claims to have b/c CinemaNow has said in a message that they are not legit. Fraud. And the reason no codes (even legit ones) are working has something to do with the fraud investigation. From what the CinemaNow people said on fb, it seems they froze the entire site (from codes) until they get it sorted out. Even coupon codes are not working.[/QUOTE]

The maclife article offered a glimpse at what may be happening. My guess is the codes are legit, but they are bought using stolen credit cards. The ebay seller made a point to insist cinemanow had no language against reselling codes in their Terms of Agreement.

You must have serious patience. I cannot be asked one more time - what device I am using or if I've cleared my cache, when the issues are clearly not caused or corrected by any dumb thing they ask. I'm surprised they don't say "try plugging your device in to a different outlet". Just as dumb.

[quote name='emmikay']You must have serious patience. I cannot be asked one more time - what device I am using or if I've cleared my cache, when the issues are clearly not caused or corrected by any dumb thing they ask. I'm surprised they don't say "try plugging your device in to a different outlet". Just as dumb.[/QUOTE]

actually the entire process took less than 5 mins. I basically said I tried to buy X, but my credit is missing, followed by how do I get this for my kids today.

I just purchased a $5.00 certificate of bestbuy.com, after waiting 2 hours for my instant code I went to my cinemanow to redeem it. typed in code and it said
Gift Card Redemption Successful:

Account Balance $0.00

Account Balance $0.00
To purchase a Movie or TV Show with store credit you must complete the account registration process by entering a valid credit card. Your credit card will not be charged unless your Order Total exceeds your Store Credit.

Problem is with all cinemanow codes not just discounted ones off internet.

[quote name='eMTe']I just purchased a $5.00 certificate of bestbuy.com, after waiting 2 hours for my instant code I went to my cinemanow to redeem it. typed in code and it said

Account Balance $0.00

Account Balance $0.00
To purchase a Movie or TV Show with store credit you must complete the account registration process by entering a valid credit card. Your credit card will not be charged unless your Order Total exceeds your Store Credit.

Problem is with all cinemanow codes not just discounted ones off internet.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, that had been established a while back. Codes specific to actual movies still work, for instance I got a code yesterday for the Hobbit Extra content and that added instantly.

According to someone on blu-ray.com he got an email from cinemanow saying
Dear CinemaNow Accommodation Participant,

All your codes have been deactivated due to fraudulent activity. You will not be receiving credit back to your account.

So that sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got this.

All your codes have been deactivated due to fraudulent activity. You will not be receiving credit back to your account.

[quote name='eMTe']According to someone on blu-ray.com he got an email from cinemanow saying

So that sucks if its true![/QUOTE]

If anyone doubts the email I got, here is a screen shot:

35855q9.jpg

[quote name='eMTe']That does suck! So Best Buy has a license to steal!! Unreal[/QUOTE]

People on Blu-Ray are implying that the email screen cap I posted above is fake but I assure everyone it is not.

Some folks just can't accept the reality of the situation.

It came from the email that chat told me to hit up when this whole thing went down so that's why it's not from the usual customer support team.

[quote name='eMTe']With the amount of emails sent to cinemanow this week im sure others will be getting one soon to validate.[/QUOTE]

Only if they did what I did and email that specific team it looks like.

[quote name='rdlee']Only if they did what I did and email that specific team it looks like.[/QUOTE]

It looks like thats a site for Best Buy employees and they give them reward codes for getting an 80% on a test. I think there might be some confusion on there end!

Jesus, thats one cold email. No ability to follow up, just a screw you.

And the accomodation program is legit, you can google it. So someone figured out how to game that site ?

[quote name='stoned99']Jesus, thats one cold email. No ability to follow up, just a screw you.

And the accomodation program is legit, you can google it. So someone figured out how to game that site ?[/QUOTE]

It's legit for Best Buy employees. You cant even enter the site without your BB employee ID!

I'm glad the mods stepped in and stopped everyone from posting this guy's contact information in the trade thread. I'm sure they prevented plenty of other people from getting scammed. I was always a little confused when I saw people continually posting about some random guy on ebay's too good to be true listing. As much as it sucks for the people that were scammed, some of the people that were giving him free advertising in the trade thread are partially to blame.

Yup, the Wild, Wild West got a little tamer. I suspect the whole cinemanow concept was a little new to draw conclusions against, so the mods took a hands off approach initially. Some folks seem to have really got burned though, which is a pity.

Here is what I got (It doesnt work) :
A BestBuy CinemaNow Support Agent has responded to your support case!

Click the link below to view or update your support case. (Note: the case is automatically closed if no response is received within 5 days).

* Case # XXXXX - http://ressupport.rovicorp.com/support/cinemanow/caseupdate.jsp?id=cinemanow&case=

Problem\Question:
Balance lost ($350)

Agent Response:
We apologize for the inconvenience, to resore the credit onto the account unlink from Ultraviolet and then link back up.

We just saw a post on bluray.com that said cinema.man is no longer on ebay, under his new alias either. We checked and sure enough, he is no longer a registered user. Interesting since he did it right after a case was opened against him by another user that we were told about.

Not sure if that is a one time use code, but I got it, so thanks. Also do you have any interest in doing Dead Space 3 co-op for the trophies if you haven't already?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not sure if that is a one time use code, but I got it, so thanks. Also do you have any interest in doing Dead Space 3 co-op for the trophies if you haven't already?[/QUOTE]

No problem,I pmed you for DS3 to keep this on topic

[quote name='rdlee']I just got this.

All your codes have been deactivated due to fraudulent activity. You will not be receiving credit back to your account.[/QUOTE]

Go on the attack. There was no way for you to know this. Let them know that you will be reporting them to The Consumerist, Better Business Bureau and that web site linked earlier. Clearly identify to them that the PR hit they take from this will make a few hundred dollars in credit look like nothing. See if that changes the icy nature of their response.

[quote name='Gone Viral']Go on the attack. There was no way for you to know this. Let them know that you will be reporting them to The Consumerist, Better Business Bureau and that web site linked earlier. Clearly identify to them that the PR hit they take from this will make a few hundred dollars in credit look like nothing. See if that changes the icy nature of their response.[/QUOTE]

Thats not going to work via this channel, facebook is the way to go and the BB forums. These idiots clearly have nothing to do with BB beyond "trying" to resolve issues of a client side nature.

[quote name='RandyNDee']We just saw a post on bluray.com that said cinema.man is no longer on ebay, under his new alias either. We checked and sure enough, he is no longer a registered user. Interesting since he did it right after a case was opened against him by another user that we were told about.[/QUOTE]

Very true, and I had a brief exchange via ebay messaging with her? and she gave me another email, which of course is now also dead it was [email protected] for the record.

Atleast they admit they are aware of problem.

Elvido Cabrera: Than you for this information.

Elvido Cabrera: We are truly sorry to hear that. I will be more than happy to assist you with this. Please allow me a moment as I verify this issue. Thanks.

Customer: Great thanks

Elvido Cabrera: You are very welcome :)

Elvido Cabrera: Thank you for holding. At the moment we are presenting an issue with our website with some customer credit. Our engineer are working on this issue to have it fixed as soon as possible.

Elvido Cabrera: I will create a case with your information and escalate it to our higher technical support department, They will get in contact with you in 24 to 48 hours

Customer: So does that mean that my credit will just appear or do I have to check back with you to get it?

Elvido Cabrera: Via e-mail

Customer: But I will get it back or do I need to file a claim with Bestbuy.com to?

Elvido Cabrera: You will get your credit back for sure after our engineer fix the issue.

Customer: Ok Thanks alot for your time

This chat took 32 mins by the way!

So it seems like everyone who works at this "customer support" center has the last name Cabrera...So either they are one huge family which was denied by another rep in an earlier chat log...or yet again something fishy is going on.

[quote name='stoned99']Thats not going to work via this channel, facebook is the way to go and the BB forums. These idiots clearly have nothing to do with BB beyond "trying" to resolve issues of a client side nature.[/QUOTE]

Heh, I realized this in reading his post on Blu-Ray.com.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So it seems like everyone who works at this "customer support" center has the last name Cabrera...So either they are one huge family which was denied by another rep in an earlier chat log...or yet again something fishy is going on.[/QUOTE]

I've got different last names. The good news is they are quick to give you free movies now as they are probably trying to close chats as quick as possible. My last two requests took literally 3 responses from me, and closed in < 5 mins

Money's back on mine too despite the email telling me the codes were fraud and I wouldn't be getting the credit back!

[quote name='rdlee']Money's back on mine too despite the email telling me the codes were fraud and I wouldn't be getting the credit back![/QUOTE]

Thats good news. I wonder if the guy who had 1500 is getting all of his back. I bet if they ran a report of who had what he'll be right at the top :)

Odd - 1st movie I buy shows - $24. I go through checkout and I am charged $25.99. Did I just buy the virtual steel case edition? :)

[quote name='emmikay']Odd - 1st movie I buy shows - $24. I go through checkout and I am charged $25.99. Did I just buy the virtual steel case edition? :)[/QUOTE]

Looks like you tipped the developer :)

[quote name='Crazy from bluray']All the money is back! $250 worth gonna spend it quickly! Anyone running into checkout issue some at bluray.com have had some issues[/QUOTE]

Buy UV titles only to be safe.

I just spend $444 of my restored $579 credit just in case.

Wanted to leave a little on there for a couple of the upcoming movies too.

Hope it doesn't backfire this time but if it does, oh well. :)

[quote name='stoned99']Buy UV titles only to be safe.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm one of the people having checkout issues like he referenced though, and it's not related to UV/non-UV...some titles simply won't allow you to check out apparently. Red Dawn is one of those titles for me.

bread's done
Back