DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

[quote name='swd0010']Yeah, I'm one of the people having checkout issues like he referenced though, and it's not related to UV/non-UV...some titles simply won't allow you to check out apparently. Red Dawn is one of those titles for me.[/QUOTE]

Same here. They told me I couldn't buy red dawn on the computer because the computer wasn't HD compatible. I was like that never affected purchases before but whatever. Oh also support kept trying to get me to try buying something else to see if it was just that movie and I was like umm not unless you are going to credit me because I don't want to spend another 16+ to troubleshoot the issue.

Regarding this credit, It was good while it lasted, but due to a lot people flying off the handle with paypal disputes against Cinemaman/John/Picklenator we'll most likely not have it this good again. We all know this was a semi risk going into something that was "Too Good to be True".

In the end no one here was scammed, however questionable some person made a decent amount of money and you ended up with a BUNCH of movies.

Was any of this right? Debatable. Did you care? Most likely not. Are we enjoying ourselves? Most likely. Would you do it again? I bet you would.

[quote name='JoKu']Regarding this credit, It was good while it lasted, but due to a lot people flying off the handle with paypal disputes against Cinemaman/John/Picklenator we'll most likely not have it this good again. We all know this was a semi risk going into something that was "Too Good to be True".

In the end no one here was scammed, however questionable some person made a decent amount of money and you ended up with a BUNCH of movies.

Was any of this right? Debatable. Did you care? Most likely not. Are we enjoying ourselves? Most likely. Would you do it again? I bet you would.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure things are all over yet, the devs managed to survive the crisis, but the next few weeks will involve a lot of data mining, and some decisions. They had to repair the system for the majority of the users, but they are well aware that some folks had way more credit than normal. They fact they have not issued a mea culpa say a lot at this point. If the ebay seller was on the up and up, I do feel for her as I'm sure this was paying either her rent or for her drug habit. Time will tell, but whatever happens CinemaNow's brand has been tarnished in my eyes. I wouldn't even had been aware of the network outages they had except for this entire credit mess. The idea of buying a digital only copy from them at this point is a non starter.

More than likely, they are not done yet. Also, if everything was legit......why close all of his/her emails and ebay? Sounds fishy.

[quote name='RandyNDee']More than likely, they are not done yet. Also, if everything was legit......why close all of his/her emails and ebay? Sounds fishy.[/QUOTE]

I think he/she was inundated with nasty emails, so I'm not surprised she/he went underground.

I didn't even worry about it knew what was getting into and got ahead anyway
I can imagine all the emails he/she was getting but some people always want to be right even knowing what they were doing was fishy somehow

The reasoning behind my post wasn't a "Shame on you" thing on anybody that participated in credit purchases, its more like "Why did you some have to take it to the next lynch mob level?" with pulling the trigger. I'm really sad to see a good thing go. And the same people that were his #1 customers are most likely the same people that ruined him/her/the cycle. If you in this thread there is a 90% chance you were a buyer. I cannot say i participated nor do i condone you do as well. I'm not defending the seller, i just really think anybody that disputed ruined it for us and it wasn't justified on their end. I understand you'd be upset for losing $400 in credit....you obtained for about $60 in a questionable illegitimate manner. When flags are raised and credit disappears i thought everybody would keep their mouths shut as to not draw attention to this "cycle of things". I know the first thing my "friend" did was remove the attached credit card and lay low.

We lost this Credit life line, the fun is over. You guys realize there still most likely is a ongoing investigation into this "shady" business and at any time they can put a ban/hold on our accounts. Once the word FRAUD is established there will anyways be serious implimencations.

[quote name='JoKu']The reasoning behind my post wasn't a "Shame on you" thing on anybody that participated in credit purchases, its more like "Why did you some have to take it to the next lynch mob level?" with pulling the trigger. I'm really sad to see a good thing go. And the same people that were his #1 customers are most likely the same people that ruined him/her/the cycle. If you in this thread there is a 90% chance you were a buyer. I cannot say i participated nor do i condone you do as well. I'm not defending the seller, i just really think anybody that disputed ruined it for us and it wasn't justified on their end. I understand you'd be upset for losing $400 in credit....you obtained for about $60 in a questionable illegitimate manner. When flags are raised and credit disappears i thought everybody would keep their mouths shut as to not draw attention to this "cycle of things". I know the first thing my "friend" did was remove the attached credit card and lay low.

We lost this Credit life line, the fun is over. You guys realize there still most likely is a ongoing investigation into this "shady" business and at any time they can put a ban/hold on our accounts. Once the word FRAUD is established there will anyways be serious implimencations.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I totally agree, being complicit in fraud makes you an accessory, you know that law against receiving stolen goods, and ignorance is no defense of the law.

If the trader was legit they will resurface, if not they go to jail. For the rest of us we're victims of our own greed / naivety. When I bought my 200$ I was not aware of how many "discounts" were being sold. I thought it was just some small batch being sold on eBay. I'm no longer under that impression. Whomever was obtaining the codes was clearly doing something fishy, it may not have been the eBay seller, but he/she must have been suspicious of the original seller.

I do hope BB remembers most of us are actual customers of most other BB services and treats us fairly, but BB is under some major financial pressure, so who knows.

[quote name='Jseiii']My credit has not shown up. What do I need to do. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

Use Chat to open a ticket, but you seem to be somewhat alone so maybe your issue is something else !!

Have you guys ever had an issue with purchasing a CinemaNow UV movie, and have it not show up on other services? They are refusing to reissue a UV code, even though the titles are UV titles, but they are only showing up on CinemaNow, I prefer watching on Vudu where I can actually see stuff in HD.

[quote name='bfett9']Have you guys ever had an issue with purchasing a CinemaNow UV movie, and have it not show up on other services? They are refusing to reissue a UV code, even though the titles are UV titles, but they are only showing up on CinemaNow, I prefer watching on Vudu where I can actually see stuff in HD.[/QUOTE]

I've heard of this, it's usually because a movie was not UV to begin with. Did you use chat or send an email ?

[quote name='Jseiii']My credit has not shown up. What do I need to do. Ugh.[/QUOTE]

try sending them a message through Facebook. some people did that. look for Best Buy Cinema Now.

[quote name='stoned99']I've heard of this, it's usually because a movie was not UV to begin with. Did you use chat or send an email ?[/QUOTE]

I made sure they were UV titles before buying, they had the UV logo next to them, and in the name. In my library however they are the only non uv titles.
I contacted them by phone they forwarded me to email tech support, and then after 2 weeks of them telling me to unlink and relink my uv account, they gave in and said they don't know how fix it but they wont even get me a UV code to redeem on the website.

[quote name='stoned99']I think he/she was inundated with nasty emails, so I'm not surprised she/he went underground.[/QUOTE]

After I got the email saying the codes were fraud (even though they ended up not being) I sent him an email telling what they said and I finished by saying that I hope he was happy with pulling off a scam or something like that.

So, nothing too harsh, but still ended up backfiring on my end since the credit came back. I would apologize to him if I could but I fear that it's too late now.

[quote name='bfett9']I made sure they were UV titles before buying, they had the UV logo next to them, and in the name. In my library however they are the only non uv titles.
I contacted them by phone they forwarded me to email tech support, and then after 2 weeks of them telling me to unlink and relink my uv account, they gave in and said they don't know how fix it but they wont even get me a UV code to redeem on the website.[/QUOTE]

Time to complain on facebook, out in the harsh light of day.

If anyone has used a promo code or purchased Hobbit from CinemaNow, can they confirm if you are really getting an UltraViolet copy, or is another fake out, like they pulled on me with the LOTR trilogy, which advertises UV but only gave me CinemaNow copies.

[quote name='bfett9']If anyone has used a promo code or purchased Hobbit from CinemaNow, can they confirm if you are really getting an UltraViolet copy, or is another fake out, like they pulled on me with the LOTR trilogy, which advertises UV but only gave me CinemaNow copies.[/QUOTE]

Went UV for me.

You got it from CinemaNow Right?
Did you use a promo code, like one they gave you for a screw up? Or did you buy or use a code from a BBY pre-sell

[quote name='bfett9']You got it from CinemaNow Right?
Did you use a promo code, like one they gave you for a screw up? Or did you buy or use a code from a BBY pre-sell[/QUOTE]

Purchase w/ credits

I am trying to see if the reason I only got a CinemaNow of a UV title I bought is because of the website screwing up or because it was a "free movie." for there Mess-up. I don't plan on buying hobbit till the eventual Extended Cuts come out, I've learned my lesson from LOTR Trilogy.

[quote name='bfett9']I am trying to see if the reason I only got a CinemaNow of a UV title I bought is because of the website screwing up or because it was a "free movie." for there Mess-up. I don't plan on buying hobbit till the eventual Extended Cuts come out, I've learned my lesson from LOTR Trilogy.[/QUOTE]

Did anyone get a we're sorry from CinemaNow ?

What got me, is I was given about 3 free movie codes over the last months, and when the issue started with the credits, I was given 1 free code. - I tried to use the code after we got our credits back and it deducted money from the account, and took the code. - They claim that I was wrong that they didnt take any money, that it used the code. I called HOG Wash on that, becuase I saw it deduct $22 when i ordered Argo.

When I finish spending the rest of the credits, on the account I'm done with there page, Matter of Fact, I dont have my UV account linked there at this time. Only when I want to get something do I link it, then the remove the link.

I'm with the other guy, I'm not buying Hobbit, Not till the Extended Version Comes out.

[quote name='bfett9']I made sure they were UV titles before buying, they had the UV logo next to them, and in the name. In my library however they are the only non uv titles.
I contacted them by phone they forwarded me to email tech support, and then after 2 weeks of them telling me to unlink and relink my uv account, they gave in and said they don't know how fix it but they wont even get me a UV code to redeem on the website.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't FULLY matter if the UV logo is next the the name on the page. What REALLY matters is that the UV logo is next to the movie WHILE IN THE CART. Cinemanow doesn't have the rights to offer UV in certain movies OR EVEN certain quality(s). Example "Aliens: Directors Cut". The SD version is UV, HOWEVER the HD version isn't UV on Cinemanow. When you load the page up it doesn't show UV next the name ON THE PAGE. If you hit reload it magically appears. That sometimes happens too.....

ALWAYS examine your cart for UV logos before checking out with Cinemanow, that dictates your final results.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='kburns10']Anyone ever redeemed a movie via Flixster and had it disappear from their Vudu library? I contacted them about it, but they told me it was on Flixster's end and would not replace it (despite it being on Flixster's server still just fine).[/QUOTE]

I had this happen with one of my True Blood seasons. I prefer to watch it on my TV vs. my laptop through Flixster. I e-mailed Flixster about a few months ago, and got nowhere, so I gave up. It scared me from buying any future seasons of True Blood.

Just finished disc to digitaling my entire collection that was available through VUDU then CinemaNow and Flixster for the few not available through VUDU. Did a lot through cinema now for my dvds they had available in HD. Only SDed things that were not available in HD on any of the sites. So many that the UVVU.COM site will time out if I click to see all my movies.
28mg589.png

Its interesting how that works,

For Example: "The Cell" exists in UV HD, but ONLY through Cinemanow. When you purchase it your Ultraviolet Locker shows you do own both definitions, however when you goto VUDU it only shows the SD version available. This isn't exactly what i posted above, but it does correlate how certain online movie distributors only have certain rights to UV movies. I imagine since i own the "Rights" to the HD version of "The Cell" when it shows up on VUDU someday i'll own that. I know this is the same for one of the early Superman movies.

Point is, make sure you use all three D2D services to obtain movies you can't on the other in HD. Make sure you look out for that UV logo.

As for the Movies on UVVU and then cinemanow, and then going to VUDU.com - and the movies are only in SD on VUDU.com - but Purchased in HD on Cinemanow, I have had this happen with a couple of movies, Major League 2, in HD on Cinemanow but only SD on VUDU. As well as The Natural. and A couple of others that i came accross, I also asked to get them updated on Vudu for HD, when they can.

I didn't add movies that I own on Cinemanow, in SD, because I only wanted the HD version to be listed. - My list is close to 200 now, with about 4 or 5 movies in next week, that should put be close too or over that mark. IE: This is 40, Jurassic Park Series, Hyde Park on Hudson, and Django.

I have a question i have Game of Thrones Season 1 and 2 which i redeemed on VUDU already.. Can the same code be used to redeem on the different services (Ex. Itunes)

[quote name='Mr. Black Ops']I have a question i have Game of Thrones Season 1 and 2 which i redeemed on VUDU already.. Can the same code be used to redeem on the different services (Ex. Itunes)[/QUOTE]

Yes, you should still be able to redeem in Itunes and Flixster

[quote name='Mr. Black Ops']I have a question i have Game of Thrones Season 1 and 2 which i redeemed on VUDU already.. Can the same code be used to redeem on the different services (Ex. Itunes)[/QUOTE]

#1 RULE with those 2 codes, MAKE SURE you enter them into Flixster. That is the UV version, i made the mistake with the first on doing it on VUDU and the other guy did it on Itunes (which negates Flixster) so even though i had it on VUDU, i really didn't OWN the rights universally on Ultraviolet.

I know there is a certain order to follow with regards to HBO Codes. It was once properly stated in the UV code thread. Its something like:

HBO Site -> VUDU -> iTunes ->Flixster

Not sure if thats the order, but i do know if you do one before the other it messes it up. I do not have 100% personal confirmation on this.

[quote name='chilindude']This sounds dumb but how in the world do I PM some one[/QUOTE]

Left Click the user name (orange font) and left click it for a sub-menu of options. What you are looking for is "Send Private Message to ....."

Vudu is giving 10 movies to new accounts. You can create a new account then link it to your uv account, then relink your real account to uv, and you'll have ten free movies. Does anyone know if this works with a friends real account? Disclaimer: if I have said anything offensive I apologize and will delete this post.

[quote name='Taken4life']Vudu is giving 10 movies to new accounts. You can create a new account then link it to your uv account, then relink your real account to uv, and you'll have ten free movies. Does anyone know if this works with a friends real account? Disclaimer: if I have said anything offensive I apologize and will delete this post.[/QUOTE]

I haven't figured out how to take an account that was already made and add it to my own on Ultraviolet. *Maybe* it can be done, but i seen no way. I had to make a new account myself for the person under mine in UV, i had to choose their own password and username for them. However they did have a pre-existing account with no movies...when i made their account for them it let me use their e-mail AGAIN to make the new account and didn't say "an account already uses this email" or something of the other.

EDIT: I take that back, you can MERGE accounts, but you lose the ability to cut them off if you dislike them later down the road. I have no experience with this nor do i recommend merging. It just seems like it can be a mess.

[quote name='JoKu']I haven't figured out how to take an account that was already made and add it to my own on Ultraviolet. *Maybe* it can be done, but i seen no way. I had to make a new account myself for the person under mine in UV, i had to choose their own password and username for them. However they did have a pre-existing account with no movies...when i made their account for them it let me use their e-mail AGAIN to make the new account and didn't say "an account already uses this email" or something of the other.

EDIT: I take that back, you can MERGE accounts, but you lose the ability to cut them off if you dislike them later down the road. I have no experience with this nor do i recommend merging. It just seems like it can be a mess.[/QUOTE]

Well the way I did the free codes, it makes it seem like you can add them without having to worry about liking the person. When you make a Vudu it asks if you already have an UV account that you would like to use, or make a new one. I just *skipped* that. Then I went into the profile and added my normal UV account. I then signed off of that VUDU account and signed back into my normal. It then says "UV account invalid" because it thinks its not mine anymore.. So i just Resign into the UV account, thus giving me the movies. And it did work, I have the ten movies, and I just don't use the one time use fake account now.

So, I'm wondering if this would work with another "real" account... It seems that the UV picked up the ten movies, adding it to the directory. Then when I relinked, it sent it to vudu.. thinking I bought them in the UV site...

*update*

So, it works if you keep the UV account still attached. But once you unattached the UV account it goes back to what you owned.. *sigh*

Can anyone post some resources for newbs looking to get into UV codes? Basically I'm looking for personal use not reselling but I'm interested in how stuff works. For example, where are people getting these codes to sell? obviously if they sell them to me for $3 they got them cheaper someone else. Also what's the deal with CinemaNow and Disk to digital. Any links or info are greaty appreciated, TIA!

[quote name='Taken4life']Well the way I did the free codes, it makes it seem like you can add them without having to worry about liking the person. When you make a Vudu it asks if you already have an UV account that you would like to use, or make a new one. I just *skipped* that. Then I went into the profile and added my normal UV account. I then signed off of that VUDU account and signed back into my normal. It then says "UV account invalid" because it thinks its not mine anymore.. So i just Resign into the UV account, thus giving me the movies. And it did work, I have the ten movies, and I just don't use the one time use fake account now.

So, I'm wondering if this would work with another "real" account... It seems that the UV picked up the ten movies, adding it to the directory. Then when I relinked, it sent it to vudu.. thinking I bought them in the UV site...

*update*

So, it works if you keep the UV account still attached. But once you unattached the UV account it goes back to what you owned.. *sigh*[/QUOTE]

My personal experience with this is that the movies added to the Vudu account are then dumped into the first UV account it is linked to. Any linking to other UV accounts does not result in those movies being added to them.

Which makes sense, because otherwise there could be a huge communal Vudu account out there that would make its rounds from UV account to UV account filling everyone up. :D

That's what I was hoping for bong, just to make one big account... I recommend NOT doing it though.. I have had nothing but problems with my flixster since. *facepalm*

I have a different question ..

I recently bought Jurassic park collection on BLU. I Redeemed the uv half. I was offering the Itunes half to sell, and someone told me it'll redeem in SD. Although my half redeemed in HDX. I don't understand, why would itunes only give sd.. or was this person just pulling my leg?

Is anyone having problems signing into Cinemanow? My password is not being taken so I tried resetting it but no emails have arrived yet and it has been over an hour.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Is anyone having problems signing into Cinemanow? My password is not being taken so I tried resetting it but no emails have arrived yet and it has been over an hour.[/QUOTE]

Here we go again !!

Try posting on their facebook page.

Has anyone with over 500 movies got flixster to update with all the movies right? I unlink and relink and it will just give me a random selection of my movie. Usually around 150-400. Their support is no help at all and been having issues for months.
I don't even really use the site but it is the only site I can watch Watchmen Ultimate Cut through and that is one of the ones I can't get to show.

[quote name='mrsilkunderwear']Is anyone having problems signing into Cinemanow? My password is not being taken so I tried resetting it but no emails have arrived yet and it has been over an hour.[/QUOTE]

This was affecting me all morning, but I just tried and it worked fine.

[quote name='h4b1t']Can anyone post some resources for newbs looking to get into UV codes? Basically I'm looking for personal use not reselling but I'm interested in how stuff works. For example, where are people getting these codes to sell? obviously if they sell them to me for $3 they got them cheaper someone else. Also what's the deal with CinemaNow and Disk to digital. Any links or info are greaty appreciated, TIA![/QUOTE]

^ same question as him.

You get UV codes from buying blurays/dvds that are marked as having UV digital copies. Some get multiples, I'm guessing because they work in a rental store.

bread's done
Back