DVD/Blu Digital / Ultraviolet Code Discussion Thread

Those of you who have redeemed The Big Bang Theory Season: 1 on Vudu, did you have a 16 digit code, was there any issues, also if one of you guys don't mind could you give me your email if you have redeemed it, the vudu CS needs to look at some promo code nonsense so they can help me with my redeem issue.Thanks!

Anyone still selling cinemanow discounted credit? Have some paypal/amazon funds I can send your way. Por favor. Want to buy wreck it ralph and the Hobbit.

[quote name='elessar123']You get UV codes from buying blurays/dvds that are marked as having UV digital copies. Some get multiples, I'm guessing because they work in a rental store.[/QUOTE]

It sounded like people in this thread were buying UV codes somehow?

[quote name='J7.']It sounded like people in this thread were buying UV codes somehow?[/QUOTE]

If you mean the discounted ones people were buying on ebay, etc, they also sound like they're more trouble than they're worth.

Anyone else getting this when they try and log into flixster
dhbrx1.png

I bought the Walking Dead pre-order package at Wal-mart for my niece. When you redeem the code you get the complete season 3 in your account immediately and the physical blu-ray when it is released. I was wondering if I could sell the UV part. I guess it would involve someone setting up a temp password for me to enter the code on their account so I can enter my mailing address to assure that the blu-ray is sent to me. Is this okay to do or is it prohibited?

@ Rich, I am sure it is ok to do that but please note that the series is not UV compatible just VUDU. On the setting it up to be shipped for yourself, I don't think many will be favorable in doing that, I suggest finding a member that wants it who is fairly active, has been here for a long time and has high feedback. In any case, how much are you looking to get for it?

[quote name='Taken4life']That's what I was hoping for bong, just to make one big account... I recommend NOT doing it though.. I have had nothing but problems with my flixster since. *facepalm*

I have a different question ..

I recently bought Jurassic park collection on BLU. I Redeemed the uv half. I was offering the Itunes half to sell, and someone told me it'll redeem in SD. Although my half redeemed in HDX. I don't understand, why would itunes only give sd.. or was this person just pulling my leg?[/QUOTE]

I did the same thing as you, but I have confirmation that the iTunes copy redeemed in HD. However, there is apparently another version of the movie triolgy (maybe in one package) that only has iTunes codes that will redeem in SD.

Slightly off topic but I bet those that only redeem in iTunes still might work in Vudu...I have a copy of Bridesmaids that had an "iTunes only" code that also worked in Vudu (but redeemed as SD in Vudu, as in iTunes).

Has anyone ever had success contacting Flixster support through Phone or Chat?
It seems like whenever I try and call or chat no one is ever there.

[quote name='bfett9']Has anyone ever had success contacting Flixster support through Phone or Chat?
It seems like whenever I try and call or chat no one is ever there.[/QUOTE]

Email only for me.

Is there a way to verify a UV code without redeeming it? For example I already have Argo but came across another Argo code, how can i verify this new code is good without actually redeeming it in my account?
Also, since this UV discussion thread is painfully silent and slow can someone please PLEASE give me a link to a more utilized discussion thread where I can get some questions like this answered? PM'ing is fine too

Sorry for the dumb question but movies that are on my UV account, is there a way to download them for offline viewing like I can with Vudu?

I looked at the faq about players and stuff but I guess Im too dumb to "get it". All of the movies on my UV account dont let me hit the download button so Im a little lost.

[quote name='Will']Sorry for the dumb question but movies that are on my UV account, is there a way to download them for offline viewing like I can with Vudu?
[/QUOTE]

As in, on to what? You ask how to download them and say you know how to download them. Do you mean onto the xbox? Do you mean onto the PS3, Do you mean onto Rouku?

If you mean download them from your Ultraviolet.com account onto your pc, i think you need the medium of the provider you purchased it from I.E.: Cinemanow, VUDU, Flixster, SONY, Paramount.....

As a partial answer, XBOX no..Cinemanow and VUDU on xbox will not let you download to Harddrive. HOWEVER the PS3 version of VUDU lets you download movies for offline viewing, which is wonderful for HDX viewing without putting a heavy burden on your internet connection.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Will']Sorry for the dumb question but movies that are on my UV account, is there a way to download them for offline viewing like I can with Vudu?

I looked at the faq about players and stuff but I guess Im too dumb to "get it". All of the movies on my UV account dont let me hit the download button so Im a little lost.[/QUOTE]

Certain UV supporting clients have the capability, flixster for instance can d/l a copy for offline viewing (iPad version at least)

lol...sorry about that.......

With Vudu, you can download to watch on the vudu togo player.

Is there a "ultravioet" to go player that lets you store and watch offline?

[quote name='h4b1t']Is there a way to verify a UV code without redeeming it? For example I already have Argo but came across another Argo code, how can i verify this new code is good without actually redeeming it in my account?
Also, since this UV discussion thread is painfully silent and slow can someone please PLEASE give me a link to a more utilized discussion thread where I can get some questions like this answered? PM'ing is fine too[/QUOTE]

The best way is to not be logged in to a Flixster/Vudu account when you try to redeem the code. If the code works, then it will prompt you to log in. If the code does not work or is otherwise invalid, then it should give you the error message right there without prompting you to log in.

h4b1t said:
Is there a way to verify a UV code without redeeming it? For example I already have Argo but came across another Argo code, how can i verify this new code is good without actually redeeming it in my account?
Also, since this UV discussion thread is painfully silent and slow can someone please PLEASE give me a link to a more utilized discussion thread where I can get some questions like this answered? PM'ing is fine too
The best way is to not be logged in to a Flixster/Vudu account when you try to redeem the code. If the code works, then it will prompt you to log in. If the code does not work or is otherwise invalid, then it should give you the error message right there without prompting you to log in.
I just tried that on the flixster website, and it automatically redeemed it to my account. Any other ideas of how to check?

I just tried that on the flixster website, and it automatically redeemed it to my account. Any other ideas of how to check? You seemed to have been logged in to your account when you tested the code, otherwise it wouldn't know whose account to add the movie to.

Do you possibly use Google to log in to your Flixster account, and were you using Chrome? That combination tens to introduce surprises to this process.

I used chrome and google, and failed at the whole reading the NOT be logged in part.  Oh well, lesson learned.  I just buy a lot of used blu-rays, and if i could sell the codes that I will never use for a couple bucks a pop, that just means I can buy more blu-rays :)

I believe it's because you're new so you aren't allowed to post in the trading forums until you've been here for 30 days. I could be wrong though.

Two more days to see if you're right! ;)

Is it possible to trade Digital Copy codes that also come with Digital Copy disks without mailing that disk?

I have an abundance of Digital Copies lying around but I have absolutely no interest in using itunes so I'd prefer to trade them away or else they'll just end up getting lost on my desk and discarded.

Is it possible to trade Digital Copy codes that also come with Digital Copy disks without mailing that disk?

I have an abundance of Digital Copies lying around but I have absolutely no interest in using itunes so I'd prefer to trade them away or else they'll just end up getting lost on my desk and discarded.
Yup,

just trade the code and send them the xml file

Is there a difference between a Vudu code and a UV code?  When I go to my Vudu account, I only see UV.  I don't see where I would redeem a Vudu code.

Thank you in advance.

Shocked no one mentioned that Disney Anytime app is out for Android and when you link it to iTunes or google play, you get Wreck it Ralph free

Is it me or is the cost of UV codes keep going up in price faster then my paycheck.  People are selling codes for $5 plus just for a single movie

I was regularly paying no more than $1.50 for new-release UV/iTunes combo codes in 2013. Older movies were going for .50 - .75 cents. In just two years the prices have increased by nearly 300% -- I assume this trend will continue, until the prices are only 5-7 dollars cheaper than purchasing the actual disc itself. It is a classic example of supply vs. demand. More and more people are realizing the advantages of digital content libraries, and the inflating prices are direct evidence of increasing demand. 

I fear the day movies from my library suddenly go poof without warning due to expired licensing with the studios.

I'd be like "I have to put the disc in now??!?!?!" NOOOOO!!!

I fear the day movies from my library suddenly go poof without warning due to expired licensing with the studios.

I'd be like "I have to put the disc in now??!?!?!" NOOOOO!!!
That is my fear too! I started keeping a spreadsheet of what I have.

On a different topic, I bought a few movies from Walmart and did the app thing where it loads the movie into your Vudu account for you. Is it wrong to take the code in the Blu Ray and trade or sell it? I'm assuming it's still good to use.

Haha, I still have a few movies I still haven't opened since the movie was added to my account automatically.

That is my fear too! I started keeping a spreadsheet of what I have.

On a different topic, I bought a few movies from Walmart and did the app thing where it loads the movie into your Vudu account for you. Is it wrong to take the code in the Blu Ray and trade or sell it? I'm assuming it's still good to use.

I'm really new to all this digital library set up, but have really padded my vudu/UV library from my existing stuff.  But I personally can't stand itunes copies.  I hated itunes before, i hate it now, and I'll probably keep hating it.  Question is, I see a lot of people talking about XML and selling codes.  I do have a lot of itunes codes in my used movies that never got used.  How do I go about making sure which ones are regular itunes downloadables and which ones require the disc, and is there a big enough demand on CAG for me to list them for selling?

I'm really new to all this digital library set up, but have really padded my vudu/UV library from my existing stuff. But I personally can't stand itunes copies. I hated itunes before, i hate it now, and I'll probably keep hating it. Question is, I see a lot of people talking about XML and selling codes. I do have a lot of itunes codes in my used movies that never got used. How do I go about making sure which ones are regular itunes downloadables and which ones require the disc, and is there a big enough demand on CAG for me to list them for selling?
The ones that require discs come with the discs in the BR/DVD case that say digital copy or something to that extent. THere is a workaround that does not make the disc required, so they can still be sold. There is a demand for iTunes codes but not more then $1-2 for older movies UNLESS they are Disney movies.

Hey 1 or 2 bucks is 1 or 2 bucks :)  I'll have to sit down and pull all the code papers out of my copies and see what I got and maybe make a list.  Thanks!

Two more questions and I should not have to ask any more newbie stuff :)

1) I see instawatch listed a lot on the code thread.  I know that is through walmart and vudu, but how do you redeem it?  Is it a savings catcher receipt code?

2) On items that have codes listed for itunes and UV, of course I have used the UV code already.  Is the itunes code still active?  I guess that falls under the split code listing correct?  Just wanted to make sure before I list anything for trade or selling.

Two more questions and I should not have to ask any more newbie stuff :)

1) I see instawatch listed a lot on the code thread. I know that is through walmart and vudu, but how do you redeem it? Is it a savings catcher receipt code?

2) On items that have codes listed for itunes and UV, of course I have used the UV code already. Is the itunes code still active? I guess that falls under the split code listing correct? Just wanted to make sure before I list anything for trade or selling.
1. You can either give the receipt, which is YMMV if it actually works OR what most sellers do is make sure you use a Savings Catcher account that is NOT linked to a VUDU account. When you enter the TC number from the receipt if it works you'll just get an email with a link to click and that will add the movie to the currently logged in VUDU account. This way they know the buyer will get the movie instead of hoping it works.

2. Some that say UV+iTunes or UV or Itunes have both...Some are either/or. I honestly never keep track but I do know this, Sony is just UV and Fox is either/or. Oh and HBO stuff is currently UV, iTunes, and Google. This does not fall under split code listings. That is for Disney movies that have used a work around to split the code into a DMA and a Google redeem

Is it still possible to redeem UK Codes?

Hola and anonomyx is not working for me...

I am trying to redeem the 007 Code from the UK that I bought from ebay but I think that I screwed up

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it still possible to redeem UK Codes?

Hola and anonomyx is not working for me...

I am trying to redeem the 007 Code from the UK that I bought from ebay but I think that I screwed up
For that one I think you need to use flixster with your existing UV account via a proxy. The one I use is tunnelbear. Last I heard was flixster was having issues a few days ago, not sure if they are fixed.

bread's done
Back