shinyloot drm-free sale indie games indie games tactical strategy rpg

• Please log in to reply
473 replies to this topic

#61 gilby

gilby

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

I just use the "Add a non steam game" option, and put them in categories to know where they are from. Works good for me;)

Until your Steam library loses all of your non-Steam games and categories and you need to redo all of that work.

Even if that doesn't happen, that doesn't help keep track of games that you don't have downloaded and installed.

#62 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 06:19 AM

Some games on Shiny Loot are DRM-free, some require one time key validations. In both cases you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to play the game down the road because we absolutely don't sell games that add SecuROM, Tages, etc. nor do we sell any games that require Steam.

Shiny Loot does not have a client. Basically when you buy a game (or bundle in this case) you will get access to download links on your 'my games' section. Click to download the installer or zip and you'll be good to go. I think it's a very easy, painless process. I encourage you to come back here and post your feedback if you do decide to make a purchase. All the games in this bundle are DRM free.

As for us potentially not being around in a few years because we're new (as mentioned before you)...I know this is easy to say but I feel you can be less concerned with us in that regard vs. other start-ups. I've taken steps to ensure the fixed cost of running Shiny Loot is rather minimal. That means we won't be throwing multi-thousand dollar parties at PAX, but that's what you get for security! Obviously the better we do the more games and deals you will see in addition to other enhancements, like improving our trait-based filtering.

Remember, we're in beta...in fact roughly just a month into our open beta. We will consider anything that makes us a superior choice. The only things we won't stray from is focusing on indie games and offering only games that at least offer a minimal to no DRM download. So every bit of feedback here, even if not specifically for us, is really being considered.

So If i pick up that bundle i wont have to worry about not being able to install them on the new computer i'll be getting in a month or two right? I glanced at the individual items and it says 'protection type: none' Im assuming that means theres no DRM junk or anything right? Just wanted to make sure before i pick it up. I didn't want to get an install limit or something when i try to set it up on the new system later. If so i guess this would be a good opurtunity to try out this company

Also was wondering if these support controllers or anything. Playing 16 bit style classics like this with a keyboards kinda meh. I dont see any info on that on the game pages themselves.
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#63 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:39 AM

I don't know about all of them, but the one I'm playing is supposed to support a game pad. And there's no DRM as far as I can tell on any of them.

#64 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

• Retailer Representative

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:42 PM

The games in this particular bundle are all DRM free so you will always be able to install without problem. Games at Shiny Loot will either say None or One Time Key Validation next to DRM.

I'm not sure which of the games offer native gamepad support. However, I've used http://electracode.c...ish Version.htm before on a variety on games and it's worked well (plus it's free).

#65 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:44 PM

Added Q.U.B.E. - 50% ($4.99) on sale until 11:59 pm CST on 4/4.

#66 soonersfan60

soonersfan60

Longing for retro CAG...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 03:55 PM

Any chance this will be ported to a console?

#67 Izod

Izod

CheepLikeASpoder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 April 2013 - 04:05 PM

Any chance this will be ported to a console?

That's a question for each individual developer.

#68 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:21 AM

how long does this go through? It said for the next 7 days but i have no idea when that timer started since the OP was an edited post. I was gonna go ahead and bite on it tomorow or this weekend, just wanted to know how long i have
My massive game collection list: (work in progress, pain in the butt getting it all entered)
\-Clicky Here-\

#69 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:08 PM

how long does this go through? It said for the next 7 days but i have no idea when that timer started since the OP was an edited post. I was gonna go ahead and bite on it tomorow or this weekend, just wanted to know how long i have

It just ended - I'll post the ending times for these bundles in the future. Let me know whether or not you had a chance to purchase it.

#70 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:09 PM

Our new Sci Fi Real Time Strategy Bundle is live for $6.44 (85% off) and includes:

Stellar Impact
Direct Hit
Unstoppable Gorg
Blue Libra
Sentinel 3: Homeworld

The bundle will be available until 11:59 pm CST on 4/12. Stellar Impact requires a one time key validation and the other games are DRM-free.

Also added two more games
Blue Libra 2 - $1.99 (60% off) - ends 11:59 pm CST 4/12
Will Fight for Food - $1.99 (60% off) - ends 11:59 pm CST 4/19

#71 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:40 AM

It just ended - I'll post the ending times for these bundles in the future. Let me know whether or not you had a chance to purchase it.

ya i picked it up that night i think. Didn't d.load them or anything yet though because ive been sick. I think i just need to go to the link you guys sent me in my confirmation email and give them a d.load i guess now, right?

ya putting an end time would help since the page doesn't indicate it either
\-Clicky Here-\

#72 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

nothing for me again, can never take the time to learn how to play these types of games. Idk, I'm just to impatient I guess
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#73 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:09 PM

ya i picked it up that night i think. Didn't d.load them or anything yet though because ive been sick. I think i just need to go to the link you guys sent me in my confirmation email and give them a d.load i guess now, right?

ya putting an end time would help since the page doesn't indicate it either

When you login with your account click on 'my games'. That will show you a list of all of our games, when you select one you'll have some options of files to download. Select the appropriate operating system installer and that should be it.

#74 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 11 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

We will now have a timer on all games that go on sale. You can check it out with our two most recent sales:

Out There Somewhere is a great platformer, indie game on sale for $2.49 (50% off now).

KnightShift is a classic campaign-based RTS on sale for $1.99 (60% off).

#75 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:53 PM

Getting back on the bundle bandwagon, the PlayWay Action Bundle @ $2.99 will certainly save you some money!

#76 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Getting back on the bundle bandwagon, the PlayWay Action Bundle @ $2.99 will certainly save you some money!

Thought it'd been a while. I was about to buy that police game on Amazon last time they had it on sale. For $3 this bundle is a much better deal.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#77 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:36 PM

Thought it'd been a while. I was about to buy that police game on Amazon last time they had it on sale. For $3 this bundle is a much better deal.

The PlayWay bundle has a lot of casual, action fun for $3.

And it really has been too long. We've been working on a few things and focusing efforts there, but this bundle is just the start of getting on track. We'll make up for it in a big way tomorrow and Friday.

#78 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:44 PM

Our new sale is live and underway edited on first post. Hope you all find some good games to play!

#79 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:20 PM

nothing particularly interesting to me unfortunately, but it's great you guys got Steam and Desura support! Definitely a big factor for when I buy games:)
Let me tell you two useful pieces of information...

#80 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

Thanks shinyloot. Don't see anything I want in there yet, but the work is appreciated

#81 spoderman

spoderman

I thought Harvey Dent said that

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

Glad that you guys have started to sell Steam and Desura keys. I'll be keeping an eye on your sales now.

#82 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:11 PM

Final day of our indie game sale with Steam/Desura keys included in addition to DRM-free and minimal-DRM downloads. We've added 12 games since the original posting. I've also updated the format so everyone could see the genres and key traits for each of these games (instead of randomly clicking based on name). Let me know how you all like the format and if you would like to see any changes made.

Hope you can all find something great in the last 12 hours!

#83 motoki

motoki

Entitled Hypocritical Playfire Pirate with Double Standards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Nancy the Happy Whore with voiceovers and a Desura key for $2.25. Woohoo!

Love that game. ;)

mdUFwSE.png

#84 ubdu

ubdu

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:00 PM

Hey OP, I wanted to say something odd.

Thanks for putting the genres/traits with the games. If it had just been 60 game names with links, I would have said, "Screw this, I don't have time to look through all of these things."

But because you put additional info, I was able to scan quicky for things I like, and ended up buying Battlepaths, Deadly 30, & Rogue's Tale. Thanks a lot!l

157446.png1971290-1-GregGale.png

#85 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

You're welcome! I'm not sure why it took so long for me to start posting this kind of information. We have a lot more easy to digest details at ShinyLoot than other distributors so it makes it very easy to pass on that information in a public setting.

Glad to hear it was useful! I'll definitely do this for future sales.

#86 Kenshindono

Kenshindono

I'm on a Boat!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

keep forgetting i bought some stuff here a little while back!

good sales. anyone played Grotesque Tactics? i like dungeon crawlers and think i heard that ones amusing.

any rpgs in general that you guys would recommend? ill have to look it over tonight

Nancy the Happy Whore with voiceovers and a Desura key for $2.25. Woohoo!

Love that game. ;)

for real or sarcasm? looks like an old school adventure game, which i like
\-Clicky Here-\

#87 Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Cheaplikeafox 3.0

Insufferable Asshole

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

keep forgetting i bought some stuff here a little while back!

good sales. anyone played Grotesque Tactics? i like dungeon crawlers and think i heard that ones amusing.

any rpgs in general that you guys would recommend? ill have to look it over tonight

for real or sarcasm? looks like an old school adventure game, which i like

It was actually pretty good beforehand. The voiceovers were added later and I haven't played it with voiceovers yet, but I assume it only got better.

Can't get enough of the Fox?  Check out my CAG Blog:  http://www.cheapassg...ul-gamers-blog/

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#88 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:41 PM

For those RPG fans, our latest deal is on the Laxius Force series:

Laxius Force - $4.99 (50% off)

Review: http://www.metacriti...pc/laxius-force

Laxius Force II - $7.50 (~63% off)

Review: http://www.metacriti...een-of-adretana

Laxius Force II - $9.99 (67% off)

Review: http://www.metacriti...-the-last-stand

About 33 hours left for the sale.

#89 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:12 PM

Today we launch our Mystery Adventure Bundle. This includes Black Mirror 2, Black Mirror 3, Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, Gray Matter for $9.99. As one might imagine, these games are centered around point-and-click adventuring, deduction, and puzzles. Per the usual, all the games are DRM-free.

#90 shinyloot

shinyloot

ShinyLoot Representative

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

ShinyLoot's library of N3V's Trainz Simulator games are now on sale at 50 - 75% off. Hope you enjoy!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: shinyloot, drm-free, sale, indie, games, indie games, tactical, strategy, rpg