[ShinyLoot] 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals

shinyloot

Official Representative
Today our 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals has begun. For those interested in the mechanics of the sale:

• Every day at midnight (CST) we will launch a new round of deals, up to 6 on Mon - Thu and up to 12 on Fri - Sun.
  • Prices will all be at, around, or below previous lows
  • This sale will run until September 7
  • Participating games will sometimes be repeated and sometimes not
I'll try to post updates here on which games are on sale, but I know I won't make it every day. With 24 hours to act it might be too late by the time you see it anyway, so I would suggest keeping an eye on the deal page.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome on Ostrich Island!

What do you mean about the white background though? On my screen my post has black text on the standard light gray/white background which I would think is fine.
That's the problem, I think most people don't use the white CAG theme (they use the dark theme). Whenever you copy/paste stuff from that theme I think it might be making the color white on the dark theme.

Anyway.. this is what it looks like to me:

q39g.png

That's the problem, I think most people don't use the white CAG theme (they use the dark theme). Whenever you copy/paste stuff from that theme I think it might be making the color white on the dark theme.

Anyway.. this is what it looks like to me:

q39g.png
the way to fix this is to copy the text in the editor instead of after posting it.

Can you let me know if it's fixed?

the way to fix this is to copy the text in the editor instead of after posting it.
Yeah, I copied it out of editor after I posted it originally. Good to know about the fix!

Can you let me know if it's fixed?

Yeah, I copied it out of editor after I posted it originally. Good to know about the fix!

I'm on Tapatalk so I can't say for sure, but it looks fine to me :)

First up is out platformer daily deal which is Nicky Boom 1 + 2 for $1, DRM-free.

Next up is our Nordic Games Welcome Weekend Sale with 75% off of 25+ Nordic Games titles including the Gothic series, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Painkiller, The Guild 2, SpellForce and more:

AquaNox - $1.25 (75% off)
Traits: shooting weapons, an atmospheric setting, between level upgrades, and a first person view​

AquaNox 2 - $1.25 (75% off)
Traits: shooting weapons, an atmospheric setting, between level upgrades, and a first person view​

ArcaniA - Fall of Setarrif - $3.75 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, hack-n-slash, an open world, and solo play​

ArcaniA: Gothic 4 - $5 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, hack-n-slash, an open world, and solo play​

Book of Unwritten Tales Critter Chronicles - $5 (75% off)
Traits: character switching, point and click, humor, and logic puzzles​

Chaser - $1.24 (75% off)
Traits: shooting weapons, challenging gameplay, and a first person view​

Dungeon Lords MMXII - $3.75 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, class based character advancement, dungeon crawling, and solo play​

Gothic 2 Gold - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, an open world, story driven plots, and crafting​

Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, challenging gameplay, an open world, and story driven plots​

Gothic 3: GOTY Edition - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, challenging gameplay, an open world, and story driven plots​

Gothic Complete Collection - $6.25 (75% off)
Traits: action-rpg, an open world, crafting, and a third person view​

Neighbours from Hell Compilation - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: creative thinking, humor, logic puzzles, and cartoon graphics​

Painkiller Black Edition - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: shooting weapons, gadgets, an atmospheric setting, and a first person view​

Painkiller Overdose - $1.25 (75% off)
Traits: dlc​

Panzer Elite Action Gold - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: shooting weapons, tactical squad, vehicle sim, and a third person view​

Railroad Pioneer - $1.25 (75% off)
Traits: exploration, management simulation, train sim, and an overhead view​

Silent Storm Gold Edition - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: realistic weapons, turn based combat, campaign mode, and tactical rpg​

SpellForce 2 Gold - $3.75 (75% off)
Traits: non-linear plots, classless character advancement, party members, and large unit variety​

SpellForce Platinum - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: story driven plots, party members, hero units, and large unit variety​

SuperPower 2 - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: realistic weapons, deep diplomacy, grand strategy, and tactical strategy​

The Book of Unwritten Tales - $5 (75% off)

The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe - $6.25 (75% off)

The Critters Chronicles Digital Deluxe - $6.25 (75% off)

The Guild 2 - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: class based character advancement, city building, economic simulation, and social sim​

The Guild 2: Pirates of the High Seas - $2.5 (75% off)
Traits: class based character advancement, city building, economic simulation, and social sim​

The Guild 2: Renaissance - $2.5 (75% off)

The Guild 2: Venice - $1.25 (75% off)

What do you mean why no keys? Why doesn't it require a key to install or why doesn't it come with a Steam key?

He's asking why it doesn't come with a Steam key.
this. I was just surprised because it looked like you guys were really trying to get keys for everything you could, and since this is on steam I figured it would come with one. It isn't a big deal or anything since I am probably not picking it up until it goes lower, but I was just wondering about it is all.

So if a game is marked as 'one time key' does that mean a steam key? Or does it just mean a key during install/in game with no steam?

If I could make a suggestion to the ShinyLoot Representative, perhaps it might be a good idea to put ShinyLoot in the thread title. You'd obviously lose a bit of space in the title, but it would make it a lot easier for people like me who skim the deal page to quickly identify this as the ShinyLoot thread.

I would suggest something like this:

ShinyLoot: Nordic Games Welcome Weekend - 75% Off Gothic, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Painkiller, SpellForce, ect

Has anyone played the Guild 2 games?  I'm a sucker for anything pirate so I might want to check out Pirates of the High Seas.

If I could make a suggestion to the ShinyLoot Representative, perhaps it might be a good idea to put ShinyLoot in the thread title. You'd obviously lose a bit of space in the title, but it would make it a lot easier for people like me who skim the deal page to quickly identify this as the ShinyLoot thread.

ShinyLoot: Nordic Games Welcome Weekend - 75% Off Gothic, The Book of Unwritten Tales, Painkiller, SpellForce, ect
completely agree, I keep wondering what thread this is when I see it pop up with a different name in my subs, so it would definitely help make it seem like a persistent thread and not a new one :)

this. I was just surprised because it looked like you guys were really trying to get keys for everything you could, and since this is on steam I figured it would come with one. It isn't a big deal or anything since I am probably not picking it up until it goes lower, but I was just wondering about it is all.
Sorry about the confusion! We are trying to get keys for everything we can (either Desura or Steam), but unfortunately it's not always possible (for a variety of reasons). Our focus is on DRM-free and minimal DRM so when we have the choice between that or Steam, we'll always choose the DRM-free version.

So if a game is marked as 'one time key' does that mean a steam key? Or does it just mean a key during install/in game with no steam?
If you look under "Third Party Keys" it will say some 'None', 'Steam', or 'Desura. That will tell you whether you get a "bonus" key or not. If you look next to Protection type it will either say 'None' or 'One Time Key Validation'. So either it will be DRM-free or you'll have to enter the serial key once (either on the first startup or install) but it will never require you to be online or anything to check that key (unless you are playing multiplayer).

Good idea - I started doing it for a brief time and then stopped. I will make sure we keep [ShinyLoot] at the front of all future titles.

Thanks for all of the feedback - always happy to answer any questions or improve our listing to make it as easy to read as possible! Finally, On The Shoulders of Ancestors is on sale for $1.00 for approximately the next 8 hours.

For the final day of our platformer sale, we have Marvin's Mittens for only $1.00. This will also mark the last day for both the platformer sale and Nordic Games sale so I hope you have found these deals well!

For the final day of our platformer sale, we have Marvin's Mittens for only $1.00. This will also mark the last day for both the platformer sale and Nordic Games sale so I hope you have found these deals well!
Really considering picking this up even though it's been bundled already. Looks very fun and charming, and fairly well polished for a low budget game.

I've been meaning to ask though, what is your stance on greenlight? Can we expect Steam keys for games we purchase that get put on Steam afterward?

Really considering picking this up even though it's been bundled already. Looks very fun and charming, and fairly well polished for a low budget game.

I've been meaning to ask though, what is your stance on greenlight? Can we expect Steam keys for games we purchase that get put on Steam afterward?
At some point this year, we're planning to add a 'Greenlight' tag so that you know which games you'll be receiving a Steam key for if and when it gets put on Steam.

From now through August 4th, all 400+ games in the ShinyLoot library are basically 25% off. The titles are not individually discounted, but you will see the discount applied when you click on your cart to see your total and when you checkout. 

The really cool thing about this sale is that it's conjunction with two other stores, FireFlower Games and Gameolith. Whenever you buy from ShinyLoot you'll receive free credits to your choice of those two stores. You'll earn $1 in credits for every $5 you spend, up to a maximum of $5 in free credits. The sale also works in reverse where you can earn free ShinyLoot credits from purchasing from those stores.

Hey guys...this week is our Point & Click Week Sale. We have 30+ point & click adventure games for 50% off, with some pretty highly rated games in the genre. Below is the list of games. 

Alter Ego - $3.5 (50% off)
Traits: deduction, point and click, story driven plots, and logic puzzles​

Black Mirror 2 - $3.5 (50% off)
Traits: deduction, point and click, and an atmospheric setting​

Black Mirror 3 - $3.5 (50% off)
Traits: deduction and point and click​

Book of Unwritten Tales Critter Chronicles - $9.99 (50% off)

Castle Dracula - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, logic puzzles, and a first person view​

Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, superpowers, creative thinking, and story driven plots​

Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, superpowers, creative thinking, and story driven plots​

Cognition Episode 3: The Oracle - $5 (50% off)

Deponia - $9.99 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, humor, and cartoon graphics​

Edna & Harvey: Harvey's New Eyes - $9.99 (50% off)

Gobliiins Trilogy - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: deduction, humor, retro style graphics, and point and click​

Gray Matter - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, story driven plots, logic puzzles, and word puzzles​

Haunted - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, superpowers, and logic puzzles​

Hotel - $3.5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, an atmospheric setting, and logic puzzles​

Hotel - Collector's Edition - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, an atmospheric setting, and logic puzzles​

Jack Haunt: Old Haunting Grounds - $2.5 (50% off)

Jack Keane - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, family friendly gameplay, humor, and inventory puzzles​

Jack Orlando Director's Cut - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: deduction and point and click​

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, humor, logic puzzles, and cartoon graphics​

Lost Chronicles of Zerzura - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, story driven plots, inventory puzzles, and a third person view​

Mystery Masters: Mystery Adventure Bundle - $9.99 (50% off)
Traits: deduction, point and click, inventory puzzles, and logic puzzles​

Oknytt - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click and logic puzzles​

Reversion - The Meeting - $3 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, no combat, creative thinking, and story driven plots​

So Blonde - $3.5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, humor, story driven plots, and cartoon graphics​

The Book of Unwritten Tales - $9.99 (50% off)

The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe - $12.5 (50% off)

The Cat Lady - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, visual novel, critical thinking, and an atmospheric setting​

The Critters Chronicles Digital Deluxe - $12.5 (50% off)

The Journey Down: Chapter One - $3.5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click and logic puzzles​

The Omega Stone - $5 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, hidden objects, gadgets, and a first person view​

The Perfidious Petrol Station - $2.25 (50% off)
Traits: point and click, humor, story driven plots, and retro style graphics​

Versailles Mysteries 2: The Royal Spy - $12.45 (50% off)
Traits: deduction, logic puzzles, and point and click​

Versailles Mysteries: Oscar and the Athanor - $12.45 (50% off)
Traits: deduction, logic puzzles, and point and click​

This week (8/12 - 8/18) ShinyLoot is hosting our Get Tactical Week Sale. There are 35 various tactically inspired games across multiple genres, all for 50% off. 

15 of these include Steam and/or Desura keys (in addition to the regular no DRM or minimal DRM download option) which can be filtered with the '3rd Party Keys' drop down.

Sorry for the lack of individually listed games - we're busy working on our big launch sale come August 26! 

Our launch is tomorrow and we're going to kickoff at midnight CST with a massive sale (300+ games at a time, nearly 400 involved over 6 weeks). But first, we're giving away some free credits. 

To get your free $1 in credits, follow these 3 steps:

1) Copy and paste this code: Z6N7T-8RP6M-H3BA3-LII6M

2) Redeem code here - http://www.shinyloot.com/redeem

3) Make sure you're logged in!

There is no limit on this code (feel free to share), but you are only allowed to redeem it once per person.

awesome, thanks for the credit! Cool to see you guys finally launching, hope you do well ^_^

EDIT: wow, that account activation email was something else :D

EDIT: wow, that account activation email was something else ^_~
I'm glad you mentioned it or I wouldn't have gone back to read it.

That was pretty great.

Also, the $1 credit promo is nice. I've always liked the idea of ShinyLoot in theory, but haven't had the extra push to actually buy anything, and I think the credit will probably put me over the edge.

Read the thread title and the timestamp for the post with the code. Code was never meant to last for more than 7 hours..
well this is just me, but I really think ShinyLoot aught to make it a permanent thing to get $1 for new accounts. Obviously I don't know how much this would cost them, but it would certainly help get some new people buying on their site, similar to GMG $2 referral. Having such a sort timeframe seems pointless to me {MysterD Shrug}

bread's done
Back