[ShinyLoot] 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals

shinyloot

Official Representative
Today our 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals has begun. For those interested in the mechanics of the sale:

• Every day at midnight (CST) we will launch a new round of deals, up to 6 on Mon - Thu and up to 12 on Fri - Sun.
  • Prices will all be at, around, or below previous lows
  • This sale will run until September 7
  • Participating games will sometimes be repeated and sometimes not
I'll try to post updates here on which games are on sale, but I know I won't make it every day. With 24 hours to act it might be too late by the time you see it anyway, so I would suggest keeping an eye on the deal page.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']wish these games would work on linux, they look really cool:whistle2:( let's see some linux sales soon OP, that'd be great:D[/QUOTE]

I will make this happen. We may need to grow our Linux library a bit more, but I definitely want to put together a Linux bundle.

[quote name='Kenshindono']Hmm how does this work? I rarely buy DLC games, but this 16 bit rpg bundle speaks to me. Its not the kinda thing i would really be able to get a physical copy of, so i may bite

But I've never heard of this company offering this. How does it work? I HATE digital copies of stuff because, as a collector, im always worried about not being able to play them 10 years down the road because of DRM issues. I also dont like installing all kinds of clients and crap on my computer.

Are these DRM free? Do i just pay and d.load the bundle then i can install it wherever I want? Im on an old ass computer right now but will be getting a new one soon. I want to make sure i can install it on that one when i get it set up. Anyone bought from them that can explain exactly how this works?

Oh ya, and im assuming most of these are controller compatible? I hate playing things like these with a keyboard/mouse. I actually need to find a decent SNES style controller or something[/QUOTE]

Some games on Shiny Loot are DRM-free, some require one time key validations. In both cases you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to play the game down the road because we absolutely don't sell games that add SecuROM, Tages, etc. nor do we sell any games that require Steam.

Shiny Loot does not have a client. Basically when you buy a game (or bundle in this case) you will get access to download links on your 'my games' section. Click to download the installer or zip and you'll be good to go. I think it's a very easy, painless process. I encourage you to come back here and post your feedback if you do decide to make a purchase. All the games in this bundle are DRM free.

As for us potentially not being around in a few years because we're new (as mentioned before you)...I know this is easy to say but I feel you can be less concerned with us in that regard vs. other start-ups. I've taken steps to ensure the fixed cost of running Shiny Loot is rather minimal. That means we won't be throwing multi-thousand dollar parties at PAX, but that's what you get for security! Obviously the better we do the more games and deals you will see in addition to other enhancements, like improving our trait-based filtering.

Remember, we're in beta...in fact roughly just a month into our open beta. We will consider anything that makes us a superior choice. The only things we won't stray from is focusing on indie games and offering only games that at least offer a minimal to no DRM download. So every bit of feedback here, even if not specifically for us, is really being considered.

[quote name='jthieme']Yeah, I had games on DirectToDrive that I lost access to when Gamefly took over so I know full well what they are. If they had offered a clientless DRM free download option I would still be able to play them as I still have all of the games' installer files on my hard drive.

And a client isn't going to help you one bit in the event you lose your backups and the site no longer exists, that isn't a pro in favor of having a client.[/QUOTE]

I never really used it as a "pro".. I'm just stating that clientless downloads have cons too. In no way is what I said "backwards". Like I said, I'll buy DRM-free from both GamersGate and GOG because they'll probably be around for a while. Same applies to Steam, Origin, etc.

[quote name='shinyloot']
Remember, we're in beta...in fact roughly just a month into our open beta. We will consider anything that makes us a superior choice. The only things we won't stray from is focusing on indie games and offering only games that at least offer a minimal to no DRM download. So every bit of feedback here, even if not specifically for us, is really being considered.[/QUOTE]

IMO, the best option is to add both DRM-free downloads AND Steam/Desura keys (for games that have them). You can't go wrong with that option. IndieGameStand already does this, hell.. they even have GOG keys for some games.

I bought the bundle. Easy-peasy! I like supporting a DRM-free company, as jthieme says.

[quote name='jthieme']You've got that backwards. The D2D business makes clientless the preferred option as long as the games are DRM free. It takes a little more work on your part to manage and archive the installers but as long as you do that you are ensured you can install the game in the future no matter what happens to the client you bought it from. Steam is risky and there have been people that have lost access to thier game collection due to their account getting hacked or Valve banning them. On the other hand I know I'll be able to install all of my GoG games and most of my Gamersgate games no matter what happens to them in the future.[/QUOTE]

C'mon you CAGs, it's less than $2/game! I'm sure I'll get that much enjoyment out of them.

Love old school style RPGs. I'll definitely bite at this price. Also adding the site to my favorites. I'll make sure to keep checking back in.

[quote name='Severose']I don't have a 1 YB (yottabyte) hard drive to store my 2564 games. ;)

Good luck with managing that many installer files. :)[/QUOTE]

I have over 2500 games, almost 1800 which are PC games and today's 2-3TB drives are plenty for that. I used to archive to optical but that's not really an option anymore so I just mirror all of my files on another hard drive on another computer on my network. I keep them in directories based on who I purchased the game from and I have a master spreadsheet with all of my games that lists that info so I can easily find them. If the game needs a serial #/CD key I just create a text file in the same directory as the installer with that info. Granted I'm not protected against a disaster such as a fire/flood, etc but my game collection would be one of the least of my worries at that point.

It's a hell of a lot easier managing collections now as opposed to the floppy disk days. I used to have shoebox after shoebox filled with floppies labled by number and maintained a database to search which floppy something was on.

I've just played a little bit of Laxius Force and it's really good! It's definitely got a SNES-era RPG vibe in the best way. After reading some reviews I see there's a part 2 and 3 as well, which I understand are direct sequels, so I may pick those up as well.

Just wanted to put a recommendation out for Laxius Force, and if the other games in the bundle are as good then this is a great buy! Thanks Shiny Loot! I'll definitely be back!

I noticed the game Septerra Core said it supports Windows 7. I have had some issues running older games on Windows 7, anyone know if that one works well?

[quote name='jthieme']Yeah, I had games on DirectToDrive that I lost access to when Gamefly took over so I know full well what they are. If they had offered a clientless DRM free download option I would still be able to play them as I still have all of the games' installer files on my hard drive.

And a client isn't going to help you one bit in the event you lose your backups and the site no longer exists, that isn't a pro in favor of having a client.[/QUOTE]

I know this is off-topic, but to which D2D games did you lose access after the Gamefly takeover? It took them a while, but eventually I got access to all my old D2D downloads, either through the Gamefly client or as a direct download from the Gamefly website (Login -> My Account -> Purchase History -> D2D Downloads).

[quote name='seamoss']I know this is off-topic, but to which D2D games did you lose access after the Gamefly takeover? It took them a while, but eventually I got access to all my old D2D downloads, either through the Gamefly client or as a direct download from the Gamefly website (Login -> My Account -> Purchase History -> D2D Downloads).[/QUOTE]

I hadn't checked in a while but I just took a look and Neverwinter Nights 2 and NWN2 SoZ still aren't available. It appears I have access to my other games.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']I just use the "Add a non steam game" option, and put them in categories to know where they are from. Works good for me;)[/QUOTE]

Until your Steam library loses all of your non-Steam games and categories and you need to redo all of that work.

Even if that doesn't happen, that doesn't help keep track of games that you don't have downloaded and installed.

[quote name='shinyloot']
Some games on Shiny Loot are DRM-free, some require one time key validations. In both cases you shouldn't have to worry about not being able to play the game down the road because we absolutely don't sell games that add SecuROM, Tages, etc. nor do we sell any games that require Steam.

Shiny Loot does not have a client. Basically when you buy a game (or bundle in this case) you will get access to download links on your 'my games' section. Click to download the installer or zip and you'll be good to go. I think it's a very easy, painless process. I encourage you to come back here and post your feedback if you do decide to make a purchase. All the games in this bundle are DRM free.

As for us potentially not being around in a few years because we're new (as mentioned before you)...I know this is easy to say but I feel you can be less concerned with us in that regard vs. other start-ups. I've taken steps to ensure the fixed cost of running Shiny Loot is rather minimal. That means we won't be throwing multi-thousand dollar parties at PAX, but that's what you get for security! Obviously the better we do the more games and deals you will see in addition to other enhancements, like improving our trait-based filtering.

Remember, we're in beta...in fact roughly just a month into our open beta. We will consider anything that makes us a superior choice. The only things we won't stray from is focusing on indie games and offering only games that at least offer a minimal to no DRM download. So every bit of feedback here, even if not specifically for us, is really being considered.[/QUOTE]

So If i pick up that bundle i wont have to worry about not being able to install them on the new computer i'll be getting in a month or two right? I glanced at the individual items and it says 'protection type: none' Im assuming that means theres no DRM junk or anything right? Just wanted to make sure before i pick it up. I didn't want to get an install limit or something when i try to set it up on the new system later. If so i guess this would be a good opurtunity to try out this company

Also was wondering if these support controllers or anything. Playing 16 bit style classics like this with a keyboards kinda meh. I dont see any info on that on the game pages themselves.

I don't know about all of them, but the one I'm playing is supposed to support a game pad. And there's no DRM as far as I can tell on any of them.

The games in this particular bundle are all DRM free so you will always be able to install without problem. Games at Shiny Loot will either say None or One Time Key Validation next to DRM.

I'm not sure which of the games offer native gamepad support. However, I've used http://electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey English Version.htm before on a variety on games and it's worked well (plus it's free).

[quote name='soonersfan60']Any chance this will be ported to a console?[/QUOTE]

That's a question for each individual developer.

how long does this go through? It said for the next 7 days but i have no idea when that timer started since the OP was an edited post. I was gonna go ahead and bite on it tomorow or this weekend, just wanted to know how long i have

[quote name='Kenshindono']how long does this go through? It said for the next 7 days but i have no idea when that timer started since the OP was an edited post. I was gonna go ahead and bite on it tomorow or this weekend, just wanted to know how long i have[/QUOTE]

It just ended - I'll post the ending times for these bundles in the future. Let me know whether or not you had a chance to purchase it.

Our new Sci Fi Real Time Strategy Bundle is live for $6.44 (85% off) and includes:

Stellar Impact
Direct Hit
Unstoppable Gorg
Blue Libra
Sentinel 3: Homeworld

The bundle will be available until 11:59 pm CST on 4/12. Stellar Impact requires a one time key validation and the other games are DRM-free.

Also added two more games
Blue Libra 2 - $1.99 (60% off) - ends 11:59 pm CST 4/12
Will Fight for Food - $1.99 (60% off) - ends 11:59 pm CST 4/19

[quote name='shinyloot']It just ended - I'll post the ending times for these bundles in the future. Let me know whether or not you had a chance to purchase it.[/QUOTE]

ya i picked it up that night i think. Didn't d.load them or anything yet though because ive been sick. I think i just need to go to the link you guys sent me in my confirmation email and give them a d.load i guess now, right?

ya putting an end time would help since the page doesn't indicate it either

[quote name='Kenshindono']ya i picked it up that night i think. Didn't d.load them or anything yet though because ive been sick. I think i just need to go to the link you guys sent me in my confirmation email and give them a d.load i guess now, right?

ya putting an end time would help since the page doesn't indicate it either[/QUOTE]

When you login with your account click on 'my games'. That will show you a list of all of our games, when you select one you'll have some options of files to download. Select the appropriate operating system installer and that should be it.

We will now have a timer on all games that go on sale. You can check it out with our two most recent sales:

Out There Somewhere is a great platformer, indie game on sale for $2.49 (50% off now).

KnightShift is a classic campaign-based RTS on sale for $1.99 (60% off).

[quote name='shinyloot']Getting back on the bundle bandwagon, the PlayWay Action Bundle @ $2.99 will certainly save you some money![/QUOTE]

Thought it'd been a while. I was about to buy that police game on Amazon last time they had it on sale. For $3 this bundle is a much better deal.

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']Thought it'd been a while. I was about to buy that police game on Amazon last time they had it on sale. For $3 this bundle is a much better deal.[/QUOTE]

The PlayWay bundle has a lot of casual, action fun for $3.

And it really has been too long. We've been working on a few things and focusing efforts there, but this bundle is just the start of getting on track. We'll make up for it in a big way tomorrow and Friday.

Our new sale is live and underway edited on first post. Hope you all find some good games to play!

nothing particularly interesting to me unfortunately, but it's great you guys got Steam and Desura support! Definitely a big factor for when I buy games:)

Final day of our indie game sale with Steam/Desura keys included in addition to DRM-free and minimal-DRM downloads. We've added 12 games since the original posting. I've also updated the format so everyone could see the genres and key traits for each of these games (instead of randomly clicking based on name). Let me know how you all like the format and if you would like to see any changes made.

Hope you can all find something great in the last 12 hours!

Hey OP, I wanted to say something odd.

Thanks for putting the genres/traits with the games. If it had just been 60 game names with links, I would have said, "Screw this, I don't have time to look through all of these things."

But because you put additional info, I was able to scan quicky for things I like, and ended up buying Battlepaths, Deadly 30, & Rogue's Tale. Thanks a lot!l

You're welcome! I'm not sure why it took so long for me to start posting this kind of information. We have a lot more easy to digest details at ShinyLoot than other distributors so it makes it very easy to pass on that information in a public setting.

Glad to hear it was useful! I'll definitely do this for future sales.

keep forgetting i bought some stuff here a little while back!

good sales. anyone played Grotesque Tactics? i like dungeon crawlers and think i heard that ones amusing.

any rpgs in general that you guys would recommend? ill have to look it over tonight

[quote name='Motoki']Nancy the Happy Whore with voiceovers and a Desura key for $2.25. Woohoo!

Love that game. ;)[/QUOTE]

for real or sarcasm? looks like an old school adventure game, which i like

[quote name='Kenshindono']keep forgetting i bought some stuff here a little while back!

good sales. anyone played Grotesque Tactics? i like dungeon crawlers and think i heard that ones amusing.

any rpgs in general that you guys would recommend? ill have to look it over tonight

for real or sarcasm? looks like an old school adventure game, which i like[/QUOTE]

It was actually pretty good beforehand. The voiceovers were added later and I haven't played it with voiceovers yet, but I assume it only got better.

Today we launch our Mystery Adventure Bundle. This includes Black Mirror 2, Black Mirror 3, Lost Chronicles of Zerzura, Gray Matter for $9.99. As one might imagine, these games are centered around point-and-click adventuring, deduction, and puzzles. Per the usual, all the games are DRM-free.

Updated the first post with our SGC Indie Sale!

Caster - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: shooting weapons, between level upgrades, player altered land, and a third person view​
Creeper World - $4.98 (50% off)
Traits: user created content, randomized levels, tower defense, and real-time combat​
Derrick the Deathfin - $3.99 (50% off)
Traits: platformer action, maze, time limits, and papercraft​
Drip Drip - $4.99 (50% off)
Traits: time management, family friendly gameplay, item leveling, and cartoon graphics​
Drip Drip (Mac) - $4.99 (50% off)
Traits: cartoon graphics, side scrolling, family friendly gameplay, and time management​
Fortix 2 - $1 (50% off)
Traits: power ups, fence off, logic puzzles, and tactical strategy​
Gravi - $4.99 (50% off)
Traits: platformer action, twitch reflexes, and creative thinking​
Little Kingdom - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: no combat, empire building, tactical strategy, and cartoon graphics​
Out There Somewhere - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: platformer action, twitch reflexes, creative thinking, and retro style graphics​
Rijn the Specpyre in... Manor of the Damned! - $2 (50% off)
Traits: action-rpg, real-time combat, critical thinking, and retro style graphics​
Rogue's Tale - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: turn based combat, challenging gameplay, classless character advancement, and rogue-like adventuring​
SoulCaster I & II - $2.5 (50% off)
Traits: real-time combat, dungeon crawling, tactical strategy, and tower defense​
SpaceChem - $4.99 (50% off)
Traits: challenging gameplay, creative thinking, user created content, and logic puzzles​

For future reference, do you all prefer that I post all games up for sale in new posts as well as the original (as I did here)?

I do, makes it easier for either someone checking OP or going to the latest post. 

Any plans to bring back the sale on Ostrich Island?  Maybe at 75% off?  Do you guys do that often?  I notice most of your sales tend to be 50% off. 

Cool - thanks for the feedback on posting.

It's likely Ostrich Island will be back on sale again at some point but no word on when for that.

When we did our 'We Got Your Keys Sale' I would say about 1/3 of the games were 70% off so while 50% is the most common, it's not rare by any means for us to go higher. We have Jack Keane 2 on sale for 20% off right now and to go with that Jack Keane 1 will be going on sale for 80% off tomorrow (both DRM free). So there's at least one big discount game on the horizon!

EDIT: Trying to fix the bright white game list for dark theme users.

Current Daily Deal is Ostrich Island - $1.99 (75% off)

Bernie Needs Love (beta) - $2.49 (50% off)
Traits: platformer action, challenging gameplay, humor, and retro style graphics

Bridge Crosser - $1.5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action

Deo - $6.5 (50% off)

Traits: action-adventure, platformer action, challenging gameplay, and exploration

Grimind - $5 (50% off)

Traits: physics based, platformer action, challenging gameplay, and logic puzzles

Marvin's Mittens - $2.5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, family friendly gameplay, an atmospheric setting, and exploration

Micy Roll - $1 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action and physics based

Nicky Boom Pack - $2.5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, retro style graphics, and side scrolling

NyxQuest - $5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, an atmospheric setting, player altered land, and family friendly gameplay

OddPlanet - $2.5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, an atmospheric setting, mechanical puzzles, and side scrolling

On A Roll 3D - $1.5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, mechanical puzzles, physics based, and side scrolling

On The Shoulders of Ancestors - $2.5 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, randomized levels, retro style graphics, and vertical scrolling

Ostrich Island - $4.00 (50% off)

Traits: platformer action, family friendly gameplay, cooperative teamplay, and skill based leveling

Pitiri 1977 - $3 (50% off)

Traits: action-adventure, platformer action, and side scrolling

Residue - $3.25 (51% off)

Traits: character switching, platformer action, no combat, and an atmospheric setting

SmashBox - $1.5 (52% off)

Traits: platformer action, twitch reflexes, challenging gameplay, and logic puzzles

Storm in a Teacup - $3 (53% off)

Traits: physics based, platformer action, survival, and logic puzzles

Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? - $3 (54% off)

Traits: platformer action, mechanical puzzles, physics based, and cartoon graphics

Wyv & Keep: Temple of the Lost Idol (beta) - $5 (55% off)

Traits: action-adventure, platformer action, cooperative teamplay, and logic puzzles

The white background in your post makes my eyes bleed, might wanna change that.

Ostrich Island will be my first purchase from your store.. thanks for having a good deal on it!

Ostrich Island will be my first purchase from your store.. thanks for having a good deal on it!
I called it! That 1 dollar credit will come in handy

Ostrich Island for 99 cents here I come

You're welcome on Ostrich Island!

What do you mean about the white background though? On my screen my post has black text on the standard light gray/white background which I would think is fine.

bread's done
Back