[ShinyLoot] 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals

shinyloot

Official Representative
Today our 101 Days of Summer Daily Deals has begun. For those interested in the mechanics of the sale:

• Every day at midnight (CST) we will launch a new round of deals, up to 6 on Mon - Thu and up to 12 on Fri - Sun.
  • Prices will all be at, around, or below previous lows
  • This sale will run until September 7
  • Participating games will sometimes be repeated and sometimes not
I'll try to post updates here on which games are on sale, but I know I won't make it every day. With 24 hours to act it might be too late by the time you see it anyway, so I would suggest keeping an eye on the deal page.

Last edited by a moderator:
well this is just me, but I really think ShinyLoot aught to make it a permanent thing to get $1 for new accounts. Obviously I don't know how much this would cost them, but it would certainly help get some new people buying on their site, similar to GMG $2 referral. Having such a sort timeframe seems pointless to me {MysterD Shrug}
That wouldn't work unless they put more restrictions on the credit. The GMG credit works permanently because they get a guaranteed purchase (with minimum purchase price). Shiny Loot was giving everyone free credit, without any purchase required. It can also be abused a lot if there are no restrictions, if you can make multiple accounts and apply the credit to each one. It would cost them way too much for it to be worth it.

That wouldn't work unless they put more restrictions on the credit. The GMG credit works permanently because they get a guaranteed purchase (with minimum purchase price). Shiny Loot was giving everyone free credit, without any purchase required. It can also be abused a lot if there are no restrictions, if you can make multiple accounts and apply the credit to each one. It would cost them way too much for it to be worth it.
fair enough, I just think a lot more people would be inclined to sign up and buy something from them when there is a credit thrown in. It would definitely need more restrictions like you said, but in the future I think it would be a smart addition to make to the site (maybe just a $1 off first purchase of X amount). I don't know, just a random suggestion, it probably is harder to implement well than I imagine.

ShinyLoot has shed our beta tag and we are now officially launched. You can check out our full launch sale here.

Here's how our launch sale schedule works.

• There are 250 games setup as everyday deals that will be discounted between 10-25% for the full six weeks of the sale, unless they are involved in a weekly, weekend, or daily deal.
  • There are six weekly deal sets which will give 50% discounts on 40-50 games starting every Monday and running through Sunday.
  • Every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday we will have multiple daily deals, usually around 7 games. These will be discounted by 80-85% and will run 24 hours.
  • Every Friday we will start a new batch of weekend deals, roughly 40 games will be discounted by 66-75%. This will end on Sunday.
  • All deal cycles start and end at midnight CST.
The weekly/daily/weekend deal structure will later be more obvious on the site - we prioritized some fixes that should make for a smoother experience. We also hint at one game each day which will be going on sale in the next sales cycle in our front page slideshow.

I'll do my best to update this thread each weekday as the new deals start up.

fair enough, I just think a lot more people would be inclined to sign up and buy something from them when there is a credit thrown in. It would definitely need more restrictions like you said, but in the future I think it would be a smart addition to make to the site (maybe just a $1 off first purchase of X amount). I don't know, just a random suggestion, it probably is harder to implement well than I imagine.
It would be cost prohibitive to give $1 to every new account for free so that's why we do the short giveaway. Giving out credits after first purchase though is certainly something we could implement. It's just unclear how much we need to give for it to be very meaningful. For example, is $2 credits back on your first purchase over $10 enticing enough? Or we could possibly implement something like 20% back in credits after each purchase for a week (but that's a bit trickier).

We also hint at one game each day which will be going on sale in the next sales cycle in our front page slideshow.
So in other words this image

week1.jpg

Means Hinterland is going on sale (greater than 15% off) soon?

Or is that an 'I could tell you but I'd have to kill you' sort of thing? :twoguns:

Also, may a make a suggestion regarding the front page? While I understand you guy(s) are primarily in the pro DRM free camp, you may want to change the wording on the front page to something a little more friendly to the Client based gaming camp.

Speaking personally, I see DRM free and automatically tune out. I just have way too many games to keep track of to bother with it. But since you've guys have added Steam and Desura keys I've actually bought a number of games from you with keys.

However someone just coming to that front page who may not necessarily be coming from here or Reddit may not know that and upon reading "No client. No added DRM. Just like buying direct." assume that to mean no client keys ever.

Just a thought.

It would be cost prohibitive to give $1 to every new account for free so that's why we do the short giveaway. Giving out credits after first purchase though is certainly something we could implement. It's just unclear how much we need to give for it to be very meaningful. For example, is $2 credits back on your first purchase over $10 enticing enough? Or we could possibly implement something like 20% back in credits after each purchase for a week (but that's a bit trickier).
understandable but theres short then theres... i blinked and missed it. 7 hours is a bit ridiculous

I know right. 7 hours is a awhile, think of all the accounts you could have made in that period of time and exploited it.
fuck you, ive been a member for several months. People work and have lives. 7 hours is like no time at all. At least give people 12 hours or so to catch it. ANd how the hell would you exploit it? You get $1 and each account is seperate. What the hell are you gonna do make like 10 new accounts and have a $1 game on each one? Get real you douchebag

fuck you, ive been a member for several months. People work and have lives. 7 hours is like no time at all. At least give people 12 hours or so to catch it. ANd how the hell would you exploit it? You get $1 and each account is seperate. What the hell are you gonna do make like 10 new accounts and have a $1 game on each one? Get real you douchebag
Lol I can't imagine you work that much if a dollar has you this worked up.

So in other words this image

week1.jpg

Means Hinterland is going on sale (greater than 15% off) soon?

Or is that an 'I could tell you but I'd have to kill you' sort of thing? :twoguns:

Also, may a make a suggestion regarding the front page? While I understand you guy(s) are primarily in the pro DRM free camp, you may want to change the wording on the front page to something a little more friendly to the Client based gaming camp.

Speaking personally, I see DRM free and automatically tune out. I just have way too many games to keep track of to bother with it. But since you've guys have added Steam and Desura keys I've actually bought a number of games from you with keys.

However someone just coming to that front page who may not necessarily be coming from here or Reddit may not know that and upon reading "No client. No added DRM. Just like buying direct." assume that to mean no client keys ever.

Just a thought.

You are spot on with our clue system. You can even go further than simply 15% off because of our our deal schedule is structured. All Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday deals will be 24 hour 80-85% off deals. For example, Hinterland is 80% off today.

I love this kind of feedback. We didn't think about the issue people may have with us being turned off by saying "no client". It seems like saying "no client required" isn't quite enough though as that doesn't tell anyone we also offer Steam/Desura keys so I'll have to brainstorm on this.

Can I ask how much it matters that these clients auto-update vs. acting as a place to keep track of your downloads? I ask because we have our own download manager now (Windows only) and while it doesn't auto-update yet it should make management easier. Thanks again for the feedback!

Launch sale daily deals for 8/27 (good through 11:59 pm CST):

Cognition Episode 1: The Hangman - $2.00 80% Off

Panzer Elite Action Gold - $2.00 83.5% Off

Reversion - The Meeting - $0.99 80% Off Desura Key included

Tales of Maj’Eyal - $2.00 80% Off Desura Key included

Battlepaths - $0.40 80% Off Desura key included

Hinterland $2.00 80% Off Steam key included

See them all here! http://www.shinyloot.com/daily-deals

I'll try to get this posted earlier each day in the future, but you can always check out the new sales at midnight.

Can I ask how much it matters that these clients auto-update vs. acting as a place to keep track of your downloads? I ask because we have our own download manager now (Windows only) and while it doesn't auto-update yet it should make management easier. Thanks again for the feedback!
Well the updates are a part of it for sure. Particulary with indie games and games that may be in alpha/beta status there are a lot of updates. When you have a large collection it just gets really difficult to try to hunt those all down. Even when games have their own launchers that update, I still don't know until I go to run the game, whereas with Steam and Desura I may see that game X has a new update and then that prompts me to check it out.

Another big barrier to getting people to use a new client is many of us just already have most of our collections elsewhere and when you're already using multiple clients there's a real reluctance to add yet another one into the mix. Various stores and publishers are promoting their own clients which is great for them, but for the player realistically I think most of us with large collections don't want to end up in a situation where we are forced to run 20 different clients.

For me personally I already have over 1,000 games at Steam and hundreds at Desura (yeah I know, I have a problem :p) and then I have Origin for EA exclusives and a couple of Ubisoft games on UPlay, then I've got some classic games at GOG and some non-Steam stuff from Gamersgate, and a few at Amazon, and then I've got a bunch of DRM free downloads from all the various indie bundles that I honestly don't pay attention to because it's all much to much to keep track of.

I won't say that I won't ever add another client into the mix, but I think it would take a lot and there would have to be a number of games I'm really interested in that aren't available on Steam or Desura to make that happen.

That turned into a really long answer, but I guess the jist is that it's not that I dislike Shinyloot or your client software or the concept of DRM free games in general, it's just that I have a very large amount of digital games to keep track of and I like the convience of having them in as few places as possible for my sanity's sake. :)

That being said, now that you pointed your download manager out I will at least check it out since I didn't know it existed until now.

For me personally I already have over 1,000 games at Steam and hundreds at Desura (yeah I know, I have a problem :p) and then I have Origin for EA exclusives and a couple of Ubisoft games on UPlay, then I've got some classic games at GOG and some non-Steam stuff from Gamersgate, and a few at Amazon, and then I've got a bunch of DRM free downloads from all the various indie bundles that I honestly don't pay attention to because it's all much to much to keep track of.
Way too much to keep track of, considering you forgot all about Big Fish.
Tales of Maj’Eyal - $2.00 80% Off Desura Key included

Any idea if this one will somehow provide a Steam key if it gets greenlit? I'm not sure if it will (get greenlit), but I do know that people that donate at the game's web site will get steam keys if it does. This game, by the way, is an example of where having a key is crucial to there being any draw at all--it's basically freeware with the premium version having very little that the freeware version does not. It's also a game that I played back when it was Troubles of Middle Earth and, before that, Pernband.

OK - great feedback of which I'm very appreciative. Down the road we'll add a 'Greenlight Keys" feature to games (or to Third Party Keys) so you can know what will happen. As for Tales of Maj'Eyal I would say a Steam key has a reasonable chance, but it's not a guarantee at this point.

Also, here are the daily deals for 8/28:

Residue 84.6% off  was $6.49 now $1

Sentinel 3: Homeworld 81.5% off  was $7.99 now $1.48

Spacechem 85% off was $9.99 now $1.50

The Oil Blue 80% off was $8.95 now $1.79

War of the Human Tanks 80% off was $9.99 now $2

Clones 80% off was $9.99 now $2

Kaptain Brawe: A Brawe New World 80% off was $9.99 now $2

See them all here - http://www.shinyloot.com/daily-deals

Is there any chance of Steam keys for Clones?

*Edit: Kaptain Brawe is also on Steam and The Oil Blue is on Desura. I already own them but figured I'd ask about keys for those too while I'm at it.

Also the Oil Blue is pretty awesome. It's sort of a deep see oil rig job simulator with a scenario but gamey enough to make the job part interesting too.

Is there any chance of Steam keys for Clones?

*Edit: Kaptain Brawe is also on Steam and The Oil Blue is on Desura. I already own them but figured I'd ask about keys for those too while I'm at it.

Also the Oil Blue is pretty awesome. It's sort of a deep see oil rig job simulator with a scenario but gamey enough to make the job part interesting too.
Let me see if I can get some Steam keys setup for Clones today.

Daily deals for 8/29 (everything 80 - 85% off):

Spectra - $0.40 

On The Shoulders of Ancestors - $1.00 

Obludia (beta) - $1.40 

Neighbours from Hell Compilation - $2.00 

Gravi - $1.50 

Bret Airborne - $1.50 

Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars - $3.00 

http://www.shinyloot.com/daily-deals

I didn't just buy the Neighbors from Hell comp. So if someone just did, definitely wasn't me.
Is it the version from GOG? I know that a review of what Amazon has said it doesn't work with Win Vista or newer--not sure if there are multiple drm-free versions around or not.

Can anyone vouch for On The Shoulders of Ancestors quality? It looks like it could be fun and comes with a desura key, but I know there are a lot of similar (from looks at least) flash games for free so I'm not sure I should bother. I do love platformers though :bouncy:

Is it the version from GOG? I know that a review of what Amazon has said it doesn't work with Win Vista or newer--not sure if there are multiple drm-free versions around or not.
Just DLed, and installed both. Played the first level on both, no issues. Windows 8 64 Bit.

Can anyone vouch for On The Shoulders of Ancestors quality? It looks like it could be fun and comes with a desura key, but I know there are a lot of similar (from looks at least) flash games for free so I'm not sure I should bother. I do love platformers though :bouncy:
I've been looking at that one too. It looks neat despite looking a bit dated graphically. I guess that's retro for you. I too would welcome thoughts on it. Wonder if there is a demo...

I've been looking at that one too. It looks neat despite looking a bit dated graphically. I guess that's retro for you. I too would welcome thoughts on it. Wonder if there is a demo...
oh yeah I should check. I thought I read somewhere that desura required demo for all games, though I'm not sure if that's true or not. Most games seem to have them.

oh yeah I should check. I thought I read somewhere that desura required demo for all games, though I'm not sure if that's true or not. Most games seem to have them.
There is indeed a demo and I just played it. Gives you enough of a feel for the game. The gimmick for this one is that your cat dies and lays like a statue thing and it seems to die quicker and you only have a limited amount of deaths/statue things. You bounce around the level trying to collect parts to repair a machine and have to time your deaths and placement of your statue things to allow you to collect all the pieces in time. Definitely gets a little challenging. The controls felt a little loose to me in the jumping. Had a bit of fun, but not sure if I would buy it given so many other platformers out there.

There is indeed a demo and I just played it. Gives you enough of a feel for the game. The gimmick for this one is that your cat dies and lays like a statue thing and it seems to die quicker and you only have a limited amount of deaths/statue things. You bounce around the level trying to collect parts to repair a machine and have to time your deaths and placement of your statue things to allow you to collect all the pieces in time. Definitely gets a little challenging. The controls felt a little loose to me in the jumping. Had a bit of fun, but not sure if I would buy it given so many other platformers out there.
alright then. I might try the demo myself if I get the chance, but I think I will save my dollar and just wait for it to be thrust on me in a random bundle.

People who write video game reviews for Amazon are frequently idiots. I've seen them a number of times write about how something supposedly doesn't work with Windows 7 or 8 and it's something that I have myself run on Windows 7 and 8. The fact that something might be going wrong due to user error never occurs to them. They'd rather write a scathing 1 star review.

re: Shoulders of ancestors

If you're really lazy there's even a web demo http://www.kongregate.com/games/jarnik/on-the-shoulders-of-ancestors

People who write video game reviews for Amazon are frequently idiots. I've seen them a number of times write about how something supposedly doesn't work with Windows 7 or 8 and it's something that I have myself run on Windows 7 and 8. The fact that something might be going wrong due to user error never occurs to them. They'd rather write a scathing 1 star review.
Well, yes, but usually seeing such is enough to make it worth looking further into before buying.

Week 1's weekend sale is underway from 08/30 - 09/01. You can find the weekend deals here - http://www.shinyloot.com/weekend-deals.

A.Typical Rpg - 67% off - $0.99 

Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded - 75% off - $1.25 

Book of Unwritten Tales Critter Chronicles - 75% off - $5.00 

Bridge It - 75% off - $4.99 

Chronicles of a Dark Lord Episode One - 75% off - $1.24 

Clones - 75% off - $2.50 

Cthulhu Saves The World - 67% off - $0.99 

Derrick the Deathfin - 66% off - $2.72 

Earth 2150 Trilogy - 70% off - $1.50 

Farm For Your Life - 75% off - $2.50 

Gas Guzzlers: Combat Carnage - 75% off - $5.00 

Gothic 2 Gold - 75% off - $2.50 

Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods - 75% off - $2.50 

Gothic 3: GOTY Edition - 75% off - $2.50 

Jack Haunt: Old Haunting Grounds - 75% off - $1.25 

Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire - 70% off - $1.50 

Knights & Merchants Complete - 70% off - $1.50 

KnightShift - 70% off - $1.50 

Millennium - A New Hope - 75% off - $2.50 

Millennium 2 - Take Me Higher - 75% off - $2.50 

Naval Warfare - 70% off - $1.50 

Nicky Boom Pack - 70% off - $1.50 

Oknytt - 70% off - $3.00 

Rage Runner - 67% off - $0.99 

Raptor : Call of the Shadows 2010 - 70% off - $1.50 

Rooks Keep - 67% off - $4.95 

Shadow Of The Game - 75% off - $1.25 

Superpower 2 - 75% off - $2.50 

Survivor Squad - 69% off - $2.79 

The Critters Chronicles Digital Deluxe - 75% off - $6.25 

The Curse of Nordic Cove - 75% off - $2.50 

The Few - 70% off - $2.40 

The Lunar Pack: Lunnye Devitsy and Wake - 66% off - $1.70 

The Surfer - 70% off - $3.00 

Wisps - 70% off - $1.50 

Zombie Shooter - 75% off - $1.25 

The Lunnye Devitsy and Wake pack at $1.70 gives a Steam key that gets you both and both games have cards.

I hadn't gotten it before from any bundles so I grabbed that one.

The Lunnye Devitsy and Wake pack at $1.70 gives a Steam key that gets you both and both games have cards.

I hadn't gotten it before from any bundles so I grabbed that one.

Utopianmachine pretty much killed my interest in those two :headache:

oh u gaiz

How about the 'sale of the day that is part of the middle of the week that only lasts for 24 hours because we have longer weekend sales the rest of the week' sale then?

Hmmm, seems like daily deals are only on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday?
Yeah...weeklies start on Monday, Dailies run Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and weekend sales start on Friday. I thought it would be more fun to do ~7 games/day instead of ~3/day. Plus this gives everyone productive to read about while at work!

Our second week of weekly sales is up over here - http://www.shinyloot.com/weekly-deals. Some highlights for these 50% off games include iBomber Defense, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Grotesque Tactics, Q.U.B.E., SpaceChem, Cthulhu Saves the World, The Book of Unwritten Tales, and Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars.

Our daily sale for 9/3 is also live with the following titles and prices (all 80 - 85% off):

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land $1.00

Hacker Evolution $1.49 (Steam key included)

Dreamscape $1.50

Laxius Force $1.50

Kingdom Elemental $1.99

Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey $2.00

Our second week of weekly sales is up over here - http://www.shinyloot.com/weekly-deals. Some highlights for these 50% off games include iBomber Defense, Tales of Maj'Eyal, Grotesque Tactics, Q.U.B.E., SpaceChem, Cthulhu Saves the World, The Book of Unwritten Tales, and Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars.

Our daily sale for 9/3 is also live with the following titles and prices (all 80 - 85% off):

Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land $1.00
Hacker Evolution $1.49 (Steam key included)
Dreamscape $1.50
Laxius Force $1.50
Kingdom Elemental $1.99
Cognition Episode 2: The Wise Monkey $2.00
Steam keys for Cthulhu when it's on steam?

The daily deals for 9/4 are:

Plazma Being  $0.90 Desura key included

Zigfrak                 $0.99 Desura key included / Currently in Steam Greenlight

Septerra Core $1.00

DROD RPG: Tendry's Tale $1.49

Painkiller Black Edition $2.00

The Cat Lady                         $2.00 Has been Greenlit / Desura key included

Industry Giant 2 Gold          $2.00

Hacker Evolution Duality $2.99 Steam key included

Dungeon Lords MMXII         $3.00

Any opinions on Septerra Core? Looks like a cross between Baldur's Gate and a JRPG.

Any opinions on Septerra Core? Looks like a cross between Baldur's Gate and a JRPG.

lol thats what i thought. I actually had been meaning to check this out for a while now, shit for a a buck what is there to lose. Looking up old reviews it seems pretty decent

bread's done
Back