Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Target Clearance Extravaganza XXI (YMMV)

target clearance extravaganza

• Please log in to reply
3796 replies to this topic

#271 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

I bit on a copy of Gunstringer for $11.98 yesterday. Not a bad deal!

Even better that it includes a copy of fruit ninja also

#272 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Just don't tell us when you return it tomorrow because you don't get any responses agreeing with you. :)

I liked gunstringer. It was a quirky different game that plays easy enough for kids with some humor to it. Twisted Pixel usually makes some good games and I would call Gunstringer one of them.

But for $12, yeh I got that when it was released from BBY. Then selling the in box kinect redemption codes on eBay started and you could find them for $3

#273 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:44 PM

:360: 10 out of 10 Game of the Year Edition - $20.98

10/10 GOTY Edition for what?

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Monster Rancher Advance 2, :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Elansar, Pippin01.gif- Super Marathon
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Ducktales Remastered, 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#274 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:45 PM

Assume Batman AC.

#275 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:49 PM

Spoiler

It's all like "psst! by the way, I don't want to bother you, but Batman Arkham City."

Edit: Looks like they fixed it later and it appears more normal on Amazon

#276 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Saw Fifa 13 on 3DS today, 30% off so $27.98.

Might bite if it makes 70% off, which is unlikely.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#277 Havokt

Havokt

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:16 PM

Found a Sims 3DS for 2.98 and Ratchet and Clank All 4 One PS3 for 5.98.

#278 maxpower0965

maxpower0965

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Went to Target there was

MLB the Show 12 $14.98
MLB 2K12 $14.98
NBA 2K12 14.98

#279 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Assume Batman AC.

LOL...when I read that, I just assumed that there was a game that was named 10 out of 10 that I've never heard of...then I remembered the Batman AC GOTY packaging.

#280 TheRyno665

TheRyno665

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

Saw one copy of Rayman Origins on 360 for $5 at a Toledo store (Spring Meadows).

Even though I already have it, I thought about buying it on principal alone as I never find anything good on Clearance there.

#281 extracredit

extracredit

CAG in Training

• CAG in Training

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

This whole argument is ridiculous. Nobody can look into the future. If every big store only had what it knew it would sell, then most stores would be half their size. Businesses take into account risks with profit margins and total inventory selection. It's obvious that many of these stores don't lose money even if they sell one item at half price.

This guy gets it. Hence why Amazon is headed in the right direction and brick and mortar stores will be a thing of the past. Thanks technology ($arcasm)

#282 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

This guy gets it. Hence why Amazon is headed in the right direction and brick and mortar stores will be a thing of the past. Thanks technology ($arcasm)

brick and mortar are is thing of the past

im making my stores out of paste and Sugar :)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THE RAIN IS MELTING MY STORE AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
WOOOO I STINK

#283 Newl

Newl

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:43 AM

Saw one copy of Rayman Origins on 360 for $5 at a Toledo store (Spring Meadows).

Even though I already have it, I thought about buying it on principal alone as I never find anything good on Clearance there.

You already have it so you know it's a great game. give it to a stranger, coworker, classmate, hobo, etc.
pswii60 pwner - aka Too Many Games, Too Little Time
Posted Image

#284 Justin42

Justin42

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:30 AM

Found an elusive $17.98 WiiU TTT2 today; it was the last copy left in the normal gaming shelves, not in clearance, marked at full $59.98. Being as it was the only copy left I thought maybe they were waiting to see if someone bit before putting it out on clearance, but something told me to find a scanner-- so after trying 4 different scanners (first touchscreen didn't work, then the buttons wouldn't call up the pad to enter the DCPI, etc) I found out it was indeed at the $17.98 price.. I nearly ran back across the store to get the game. ;)

So, just in case anyone needs reminding, if you see something that interests you ALWAYS CHECK THE PRICE SCANNERS! The "lazy"/overworked clearance worker or/overlooked-item hidden clearance items are where you score the best deals. ;)

#285 TeamSwish

TeamSwish

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:56 AM

Went to Target there was

MLB the Show 12 $14.98
MLB 2K12 $14.98
NBA 2K12 14.98

I would definitely pick up the Show and NBA if I saw those. Perfect price points for me and my newly acquired PS3. I have never seen a good clearance game at all my time being a CAGer.
Posted Image

#286 Kurosaki-san

Kurosaki-san

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:08 AM

Picked up a 42in LCD smart tv Vizio for $338. Also got Zone of Enders HD (PS3) for $11.98

Would love to get that TTT2:U if anyone wants to pick me up one.

#287 ster

ster

LETS CHOP CATS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:36 PM

Found an elusive $17.98 WiiU TTT2 today; it was the last copy left in the normal gaming shelves, not in clearance, marked at full $59.98. Being as it was the only copy left I thought maybe they were waiting to see if someone bit before putting it out on clearance, but something told me to find a scanner-- so after trying 4 different scanners (first touchscreen didn't work, then the buttons wouldn't call up the pad to enter the DCPI, etc) I found out it was indeed at the $17.98 price.. I nearly ran back across the store to get the game. ;)

So, just in case anyone needs reminding, if you see something that interests you ALWAYS CHECK THE PRICE SCANNERS! The "lazy"/overworked clearance worker or/overlooked-item hidden clearance items are where you score the best deals. ;)

All the copies of TTT2 WiiU Edition are behind the plastic cabinets. :(

Posted Image

#288 shadowkast

shadowkast

Lowball Ban

• Lowball Ban

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

All the copies of TTT2 WiiU Edition are behind the plastic cabinets. :(

Are they forged in steel or could an employee grab one and scan it for you?

#289 bgame2

bgame2

Pure Cag Smoothness

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Anyone else encounter this:

A few weeks ago, my target started taking the clearance cycle games out of the plastic prison and placing them in piles on the end caps. The piles have now grown to epic proportions but none (and I mean none) of the games that have accumulated in the last month or so are being clearanced. They are full price (yes I've scanned).

They are still reducing the games that had gone on clearance previously, but none of the new additions are being reduced or tagged with clearance stickers. I'm thinking that someone is forgetting to do their job. It's really strange and becoming an eyesore.

#290 ster

ster

LETS CHOP CATS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:07 PM

Are they forged in steel or could an employee grab one and scan it for you?

It's encased in carbonite!

Naw, I just assumed that since it was still on shelf, it'd scan for $59.99. I'll swing by Target later and see if this is the case.

Posted Image

#291 dei

dei

CAG on Training Wheels

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:31 PM

A few weeks ago, my target started taking the clearance cycle games out of the plastic prison and placing them in piles on the end caps. The piles have now grown to epic proportions but none (and I mean none) of the games that have accumulated in the last month or so are being clearanced. They are full price (yes I've scanned).

They are still reducing the games that had gone on clearance previously, but none of the new additions are being reduced or tagged with clearance stickers. I'm thinking that someone is forgetting to do their job. It's really strange and becoming an eyesore.

I have 3 stores that I frequent, and one of them has an end cap like you are describing, but they also have a clearance section on the next end cap. It's full of crap like full priced Metroid: Other M, etc. I occasionally scan them but they are always full price.

#292 handsomepete

handsomepete

no one suspects a thing until April

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:15 PM

This happens at one store near me once or twice a year. No idea why. Eventually (like in a few months) they will eventually either go to the stockroom or back in the prison/displays.

#293 Vader582

Vader582

Dark Lord of Savings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:50 PM

At least two stores near me, and another one pretty far away do this. It's been like this for about half a year. Really wish those games would go on clearance, but it's just not happening. These stores are also the ones that never have much clearance.

One of the stores I visit regularly did this with Kingdom Hearts :3ds: recently.
Posted Image
Posted Image
TV?
Spoiler

Spoiler

Fist bump?

#294 Ahkward

Ahkward

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:58 PM

Got Rayman Origins (360) for $5.96 Huntsville, AL store
Sims 3 (3DS) is $2.96
Fifa 2012 (Vita) is $8.96
Fifa Soccer 2012 (PS3) is $8.96

My store always marks down electronics on Mondays so I swing by on my lunch break and usually get the first look at that weeks selection. My mother-in-law is on the pricing team so she gives me a heads up on any new titles getting marked. Also, hardly anything goes below 70% off. They mark down 25%, 50%, then 70%. So if you see something at 70% off its as low as its going to get.

#295 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:28 PM

It's 30-50-70, used to be 30-50-75. But some here seem to be lucky with the occasional 90 on some stuff. Would love to have a relative on the pricing team. Heck, I would quit my job to be on the pricing team, but it's probably harder for them to buy clearance for themselves without suspicion than for the people they tip off.

#296 tacoman132

tacoman132

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:30 PM

Went to a couple local stores hoping to find maybe Fifa 2012 or Soul Silver...but nothing but a bunch of sports games or shovel ware. Did pick up Smart as (Vita) for 8.98 and Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) for 20.98. Anyone own these games? Are they worth the price?

#297 CrysisNYC

CrysisNYC

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

Picked up another 2 $50 psn cards for cheap.

Posted Image

#298 scottman

scottman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:43 PM

Doesn't look like they were activated according to your receipt. Probably worthless.

#299 Toss

Toss

i love clearance ...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 10:47 PM

Doesn't look like they were activated according to your receipt. Probably worthless.

I think you are right..."as is" lol

Went to a couple local stores hoping to find maybe Fifa 2012 or Soul Silver...but nothing but a bunch of sports games or shovel ware. Did pick up Smart as (Vita) for 8.98 and Lumines Electronic Symphony (Vita) for 20.98. Anyone own these games? Are they worth the price?

Lumines is the game I've spent the most time playing on my vita...10X more than all the others combined. What's a trip is, play for a while, log some scores, and then look at the online scoreboard. It is amazing how good some of these guys are, especially on those timed games. I just don't see how someone can score that high in 30 seconds...impossible! Great game. Great Music.
...and my dogs

LOOSE LIPS SINK (FL)IPS

#300 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 13 March 2013 - 02:12 AM

Not exactly clearance, but I did find Golden Sun DS at local stores for 14.99. Couldn't find it listed on the website when I did a quick search, and amazon had one copy left for slightly cheaper at 11.xx.

Everywhere else I have seen the game at 30.00.

xivpads.png