Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Martin Blvd (Middle River Md) Target has one Fifa for $15.. Also two 360 remotes for $14

I got a few Wreck It Ralph childrens books on clearance. Check the book section if you are interested.

[quote name='coopscohen']Saw:
:ds: Pokemon Soul Silver $27.98
:360: Rockstat Game Collection $41.98
:360: Gunstringer $19.98
:360: Mass Effect 3 $20.98
:360: Fable: The Journey $34.98
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $41.98

Grabbed:
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show DS3 Controller AS IS for $28.xx after Red Card discount. No idea where they pulled that from.[/QUOTE]

I want that controller!

Are the soul silvers that you guys are seeing the ones that include the poke walker? And if it is where are you guys finding them? I've been meaning to pick one up for quite some time now . Thanks!

[quote name='venturin']Martin Blvd (Middle River Md) Target has one Fifa for $15.. Also two 360 remotes for $14

I got a few Wreck It Ralph childrens books on clearance. Check the book section if you are interested.[/QUOTE]

fifa for vita right? a few copies at my store as well

RE 6 archives is still $90 at my local target and they are OOS, anyone know how to look up the online stock on this item? I read the op and used google but the only result led back to this thread

Thanks for the dcpi number :) great deal you found!

I went looking for The Sims 3 :)3ds:) to trade in to GS, but I instead found a copy of The Sims 3 :)wii:) for $5.98, the same price as the 3DS version...but its base value at GS was $9 instead of $6. Needless to say, I picked dat up quick. \\:D/

Here's the DCPI: 207-26-0646.

[quote name='shadowkast']fifa for vita right? a few copies at my store as well[/QUOTE]

Yes Vita, sorry, I meant to say that

[quote name='coopscohen']Saw:
:ds: Pokemon Soul Silver $27.98
:360: Rockstat Game Collection $41.98
:360: Gunstringer $19.98
:360: Mass Effect 3 $20.98
:360: Fable: The Journey $34.98
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $41.98

Grabbed:
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show DS3 Controller AS IS for $28.xx after Red Card discount. No idea where they pulled that from.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe... today was a good day! I didn't check my two nearest Targets, but I did take a cruise out to Spring Hill, TN (needed an excuse to spin the new KMFDM album) and found...

Soul Silver for $19.98
Gunstringer for $19.98
PowerUp Heroes for $24.98
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (360) for $24.98
more copies of R&C All 4 One at $9.98
and another thing or two I had absolutely zero interest in, most likely EA Sports titles.

If I can find the Gunstringer at one of my nearby stores for $20 after payday, I'm gonna nab it and finally try pawning off my GoD code.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']Just picked up Resident Evil 6 Archives for $25.

*swag dance*[/QUOTE]

Niiiice! Now you get to mash the buttons and wiggle the sticks!

Were there any more copies?

Saw a few things today at Target on clearance. I see that Pokemon Soul Silver and Gunstringer are already mentioned but I'll add the DPCIs

Pokemon Soul Silver with Pokewalker $27.98 DS 207-02-0856
Gunstringer $19.98 360 207-22-0225
PowerUp Heroes $34.98 360 207-22-0595
Ferrari Racing Legends $24.98 360 207-22-0643

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Mega Pack Bundle (The Hunt and The Strike) $34.98 Wii 207-26-0929

Wish I could have found the Resident Evil 6 Archive for that price. No such luck.

Picked up NHL 11 for 360 for $2.XX today. They had about 5 left. I know it's old but $2 is worth the fun I will get out of it. I also saw about 10 copies of FIFA 12 for ps3 but didn't check the price.

Either my Targets:

1) sell all their games at regular price or at first clearance drop
2) dont stock as many copies of games as they used to so they sell out before major clearance prices
3) are ravaged by hoarders before I get to them (unlikely)
4) just suck ass in clearancing games to epic levels like years ago

I have not found any major titles at deeply discounted prices in many months.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']207-220-758[/QUOTE]

Looks like you have an extra number in that DCPI for RE6:A. Does anyone know the right one?

[quote name='KemperJones']Looks like you have an extra number in that DCPI for RE6:A. Does anyone know the right one?[/QUOTE]
No, he doesn't. It's nine numbers. It just looks wrong. 207-22-0758 might work.

My store had a lot of The Sims for $3. I bought... a lot. Flipped them to Gamestop for 3x the price I paid. El Flipo is back!

[quote name='Fukurou']My store had a lot of The Sims for $3. I bought... a lot. Flipped them to Gamestop for 3x the price I paid. El Flipo is back![/QUOTE]

The Sims 3 for 3DS trades in for $9 at GS?

Bunch of random crap at the Taylor location in Houston. 3DS Sims 3 for 2.98, and some random other stuff(some Kinect game, another kids 3ds game). Nothing for me.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']blah blah Spring Hill, TN
Soul Silver for $19.98
Gunstringer for $19.98
PowerUp Heroes for $24.98
Test Drive: Ferrari Racing Legends (360) for $24.98
more copies of R&C All 4 One at $9.98
and another thing or two I had absolutely zero interest in, most likely EA Sports titles.[/QUOTE]

For my Tennessee CAGs:
Cool Springs (Franklin), TN - Gunstringer's the same price but Test Drive is $34.98. I believe Pokemon Soul Silver is $19.98 also. Nothing else noteworthy was available.
The other store in Franklin, TN - one copy of Gunstringer at $27.98, several copies of :3ds: Sims 3 at $6.98, one or two copies of PowerUp Heroes and maybe Test Drive at $34.98, and nothing else noteworthy.

Happy hunting.

[quote name='Allen Poe']Just paid $8.98 for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for xbox 360 at the Target on Eastern and Silverado Rancho in Las Vegas (Henderson?), NV.

sticker said "Clearance: Was $29.99 Now: $20.98" but when she rang it up, it only came out to $8.98 before tax.[/QUOTE]

Were there any more at that store?

I went to the 87th and Cottage Grove Taget in Chicago on Sunday. The only games I saw were FIFA 13 Vita for $14.xx and a bunch of random 3DS games. Not into sports games and don't have a 3DS (yet) so nothing for me. I might check the Roosevelt/Clark store today.

I saw pokemon SoulSilver for 27.98. How long do games sit on clearance before they drop again? I'd love to pick it up for 19.99 like others have posted.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']I saw pokemon SoulSilver for 27.98. How long do games sit on clearance before they drop again? I'd love to pick it up for 19.99 like others have posted.[/QUOTE]
It's really up to the store, could be a week or it could be a month. My local target just dropped theirs to $19 after a week at the $28 price.

Roosevelt/Clark Target in Chicago has a lot of of clearance. Pokemon SoulSliver $19.98
NHL 2K12 PS3 19.98
The Sims 3 3DS $4.98
A lot of Kinect games, blu rays, ipad/ipod cases, books, and chargers.

[quote name='Fukurou']No, he doesn't. It's nine numbers. It just looks wrong. 207-22-0758 might work.[/QUOTE]

Does this apply to the PS3 version, or only 360?

I also saw Pokemon soulsilver for $27 I figured id snag it since these games dont seem to drop very often. I actually picked it up for my niece a little while back but i got this so i could play it with her. Never played a pokemon game before =P

Ive been trying to find the gold one actually but it seems much harder to find than silver

[quote name='Kenshindono']I also saw Pokemon soulsilver for $27 I figured id snag it since these games dont seem to drop very often. I actually picked it up for my niece a little while back but i got this so i could play it with her. Never played a pokemon game before =P

Ive been trying to find the gold one actually but it seems much harder to find than silver[/QUOTE]

I got heartgold for $20 on a Sears clearance months ago. You can probably check your local sears or gamestop. I think they still have it for $30 used.

[quote name='KemperJones']Does this apply to the PS3 version, or only 360?[/QUOTE]
yeah, the price applies to both versions (archives/anthology). I should've followed up with more info. This deal is very YMMV since the price actually comes up as $0.00 if you're lucky enough to find it. Was able to buy it for $25 after having them check for the last known price using their PDA.

[quote name='RabbitSuit']Were there any more at that store?[/QUOTE]

nah, that was the only one I saw. granted, I didn't exactly check, but it didn't seem like there were anymore.

Went to my target today for soul silver because it said it was in stock. Couldn't find any. Asked someone to see how many they were supposed to have in stock, and the gun showed 14 in stock... You know... sometimes you have to wonder if these employees don't just hide all the copies to sell them off...

Anyways, I went to the best buy in the same shopping center with a receipt I got from a nice lady in customer service that had the price on it and got them to price match. No harm no foul I suppose.

Scored a Fallout 3 GOTY edition for $5.06 (less after RED card) from an online return. Also spotted the aforementioned Pokemon SoulSilver for $19.98. Meanwhile, Singularity is still $27.98 after an entire year on the end cap.

[quote name='Banana Peel Assassin']yeah, the price applies to both versions (archives/anthology). I should've followed up with more info. This deal is very YMMV since the price actually comes up as $0.00 if you're lucky enough to find it. Was able to buy it for $25 after having them check for the last known price using their PDA.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I found the PS3 version for 70% off a couple months ago and posted a picture of it and the receipt in the old thread. The one I found didn't have a clearance sticker on it just the MSRP one and it was in one of the endcaps with the overflow games not in the cells.

[quote name='HotJuicyBurgers']Went to my target today for soul silver because it said it was in stock. Couldn't find any. Asked someone to see how many they were supposed to have in stock, and the gun showed 14 in stock... You know... sometimes you have to wonder if these employees don't just hide all the copies to sell them off...
[/QUOTE]

For that many copies, it's probably not on the shelves because they don't have space. That happened to me a few times, so I usually give them the dpci, and they call someone who gets a copy for me.

Stopped at St. Charles, MO Target on Wedneday and they had the following:

3x Test Drive (360) $34.xx
3x Pokemon Silver (big box DS) $29.xx

Surprised to see they'd moved the clearance end cap back to the old location near the CDs.

Went to one of the nearby targets and they had absolutely nothing on clearance but iPhone 4 cases... :/

Edit:

Forgot to mention that apparently this target is going under revision on the 15th. (Guy was talking to a customer and I over heard. They were talking TVs really, but one can hope that it expands to the games as well!)

Yesterday, the only thing added to clearance at the Target near me is

Bass Pro Shops Outdoor Mega Pack Wii $34.98 207-26-0929

Seems like a pretty good deal though as you get 2 games. One is a shooting game that comes with a add on rifle and the other is a fishing game that comes with a fishing rod add on.

[quote name='bruceg']For that many copies, it's probably not on the shelves because they don't have space. That happened to me a few times, so I usually give them the dpci, and they call someone who gets a copy for me.[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought too, but he told me the back room showed 0 copies.

I pickup

gunslinger $11.98
Pokemon silver with pokewalker $11.98
x2 Sims 3 3DS for $2.98 each

I saw a resident evil 6 achives,but rang up full price. ( was in a lock up display case)
The target employee was telling me its the only copy in store and that some other targets were clearance it out. He said he was going to keep checkin on it because he wanted to buy it when it hits $25?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='The Punisher']I pickup

gunslinger $11.98
Pokemon silver with pokewalker $11.98
x2 Sims 3 3DS for $2.98 each

I saw a resident evil 6 achives,but rang up full price. ( was in a lock up display case)
The target employee was telling me its the only copy in store and that some other targets were clearance it out. He said he was going to keep checkin on it because he wanted to buy it when it hits $25.

anyone know what is the TIV for sims 3 for 3DS?[/QUOTE]

I picked up copies of Sims 3 3DS for 2.98 and traded 2 of them yesterday at GS for 9.60 apiece. They were running the bonus 50% which expired yesterday, and I got an extra 10% for my Pro membership.

So, it looks like you get $6 base value at GS as of yesterday. Not a bad flip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back