Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jawwaad1']The Target I work for only has a few games on clearance

The Price is Right Decades Wii $14.98 207-26-0846

Rage PS3 $13.98 207-24-0829

The Sims 3 3DS $4.98 207-02-1323[/QUOTE]

Saw this also along with:
PS Vita Fifa 13
PS3 Rachet and Clank 9.xx
360 GTA Liberty City Episodes 13.xx

I left with nothing but glad to see games on the clearance rack again.

ÿþ[ You are my inspiration, I own few web logs and sometimes run out from brand :). "'Tis the most tender part of love, each other to forgive." by John Sheffield.Phase Coach Sauces PageI recently found what I hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual.You may also upload images if you are making your blogposts.
ÿþ[ I was looking at some of your posts on this site and I believe this internet site is real informative ! Continue putting up.Stanton DowdJackson's Portage Lake LoopI actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
ÿþ[ I view something really special in this internet site.MAD Best Artists: Sergio Aragones (Running Press Hardcover)Its like women and men are not fascinated unless it is one thing to do with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.Your own personal expertise and kindness in controlling all areas was useful.

[quote name='arteftelaceax']ÿþ[ you are my inspiration, i own few web logs and sometimes run out from brand :). "'tis the most tender part of love, each other to forgive." by john sheffield.phase coach sauces pagei recently found what i hoped for before you know it in the least. Reasonably unusual.you may also upload images if you are making your blogposts.
ÿþ[ i was looking at some of your posts on this site and i believe this internet site is real informative ! Continue putting up.stanton dowdjackson's portage lake loopi actually like what you've acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.
ÿþ[ i view something really special in this internet site.mad best artists: Sergio aragones (running press hardcover)its like women and men are not fascinated unless it is one thing to do with lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding.your own personal expertise and kindness in controlling all areas was useful.[/quote]

wtf?

[quote name='Solomon87']They will not match clearance, they never match clearance between stores or online.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='terutt']As a guy who has shopped Target clearances for probably coming up on 15 years now, I can tell you, they ain't what they used to be.

Now, maybe it is just a cyclical thing but I suspect not, and that Target has gotten more sophisticated in their inventory control practices...and it is not just video games, but a lot of other areas too from what I have seen.

They just simply don't seem like they have as much left over crap they need to clearance like they did 4-5 years ago.

I honestly can't remember the last decent wide-spread VG clearance at my local Targets (and I have 3 that I regularly hit) where it used to be a monthly event it seems.[/QUOTE]

I've built up a collection of around 60 games. 90% of those were from Target. I can't recall the last good clearance stash. I live 1 mile from my usual Target that I visit at least 3 times a week.
I've also noticed that other sections are light on great clearance stuff. There are clearance items but nothing like a year ago or especially a few years ago.

Saw AC Brotherhood last night for $14. I passed. They had copies for both the 360 and ps3. Been the first games I have seen in some time.

[quote name='terutt']As a guy who has shopped Target clearances for probably coming up on 15 years now, I can tell you, they ain't what they used to be.

Now, maybe it is just a cyclical thing but I suspect not, and that Target has gotten more sophisticated in their inventory control practices...and it is not just video games, but a lot of other areas too from what I have seen.

They just simply don't seem like they have as much left over crap they need to clearance like they did 4-5 years ago.

I honestly can't remember the last decent wide-spread VG clearance at my local Targets (and I have 3 that I regularly hit) where it used to be a monthly event it seems.[/QUOTE]

A big part of it seems to be not over stocking and making more of an effort to not simply clearance everything in stock to replace it with new stock of the same game (that happened a lot before). Plus, all the Target's in the Twin Cities seems to have a policy of donating clearance items to Goodwill before it hits 75% off in many cases now, not always, but quite often. Go to any Goodwill here and you'll see tons of items with Target clearance stickers on it blacked out. :lol: They must have figured out the tax write-off for these items is typically better than the 75% off price.

It also seems the older/more established a target is, the less clearance it has. Like they figure out the local trends better over time and adjust ordering accordingly. Still plenty of good clearance at two of the newer targets in my area - the past 6-8 months I've had some of the best (non video game) pickups I've had in years.

[quote name='TheLiptonDipper']Saw this also along with:
PS Vita Fifa 13
PS3 Rachet and Clank 9.xx
360 GTA Liberty City Episodes 13.xx

I left with nothing but glad to see games on the clearance rack again.[/QUOTE]

Which Ratchet and Clank?

So I only found a few things yesterday when I was in, not really anything too amazing, but here goes.

207-00-1106 XBOX Kinect Mount (clip) $9.98 from $19.99

Transformers: Dark of the moon Bluray 3D/Bluray/DVD/Digital Copy (I think? Don't have a # for this one) AS-IS (but looked fine) $9.06

057-01-0209 Phillips Action Fit Headphones for $49.98 from $99.99

008-04-0666 Hello Kitty Alarm Clock (Projection?) $8.98 from $29.99, a lot in stock.

008-04-6660 Hello Kitty Alarm Clock $4.48 from $14.99, a lot in stock.

I guess if you believe in superstitions then Hello kitty is evil with 666 in each SKU, lol.

but that's about it besides what was already mentioned, hugo and things like that, unless you want a bunch of iphone cases only for iphone 5 or ipad/kindle cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='grundy']Which Ratchet and Clank?[/QUOTE]

Probably Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, which I managed to snag for 9.98 a few nights ago. I wanted to wait for 70% but didn't figure the two copies left were gonna make it. In addition, even though I HATE that this square is on the insert itself and not a sticker on the plastic wrap, it includes a hopefully-still-valid voucher for R&C Quest for Booty, "A $15 Value!" and "Target Exclusive!" according to the case.

Also scored Hugo on Blu-ray for $8.98 the other day; the girlfriend was pleased with this one.

Also, thanks for adopting the thread Kovorkian. Look at our baby Target Clearance thread, moving up in the world ;)

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Probably Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, which I managed to snag for 9.98 a few nights ago. I wanted to wait for 70% but didn't figure the two copies left were gonna make it. In addition, even though I HATE that this square is on the insert itself and not a sticker on the plastic wrap, it includes a hopefully-still-valid voucher for R&C Quest for Booty, "A $15 Value!" and "Target Exclusive!" according to the case.

Also scored Hugo on Blu-ray for $8.98 the other day; the girlfriend was pleased with this one.

Also, thanks for adopting the thread Kovorkian. Look at our baby Target Clearance thread, moving up in the world ;)[/QUOTE]

Mine didn't come with a code for quest for booty >.> although mine was a wal-mart black friday pick up

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Probably Ratchet & Clank All 4 One, which I managed to snag for 9.98 a few nights ago. I wanted to wait for 70% but didn't figure the two copies left were gonna make it. In addition, even though I HATE that this square is on the insert itself and not a sticker on the plastic wrap, it includes a hopefully-still-valid voucher for R&C Quest for Booty, "A $15 Value!" and "Target Exclusive!" according to the case.[/QUOTE]

The voucher expired on 12/31/12.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Mine didn't come with a code for quest for booty >.> although mine was a wal-mart black friday pick up[/QUOTE]

It's a Target exclusive thing, apparently.

[quote name='thegame85']The voucher expired on 12/31/12.[/QUOTE]

Well, crap. Think getting in touch with Sony would get me anywhere? I only bought a PS3 this last Black Friday, so I'm not familiar with the viability or lack thereof in this situation.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']It's a Target exclusive thing, apparently.

Well, crap. Think getting in touch with Sony would get me anywhere? I only bought a PS3 this last Black Friday, so I'm not familiar with the viability or lack thereof in this situation.[/QUOTE]

You can attempt to use it to see if it is still valid, code expiration means it is just no longer guaranteed to work.

I can confirm that the Quest for Booty voucher does not work and is indeed expired. I guess Sony is much less forgiving in that regard than Microsoft, given that MS will occasionally affix expiration dates to redeemable codes and they don't mean squat 9 times out of 10. It's not mentioned anywhere on the outside packaging that the code has an expiration date - only that it's available "while supplies last" - so I'm gonna see if I can squeeze a new code out of someone at Sony. Not gettin' my hopes up, but it's worth a shot.

It is VERY simple. Target sort of finally got the hint about 3 years ago that people would wait for stuff to go clearance because Target would over buy on what they would sell to you and i. As a result, they dramatically cut back on how many video games they would send to all stores, even guaranteed sellers. About the only games they will go nuts and buy in droves for consumers would be the usual culprit such as COD, GOW, etc. You will never again see the insane clearance deals that you saw 3 or 4 years ago because Target understands that people would literally come into our stores just to buy a ton of clearance to re-sell on ebay and the like. Hell,i still have at least 4 or 5 dealers who come in every morning and shop the stores clearance and they openly admit to me they are re-sellers.

EDIT: and YES, these inventory control methods apply to the whole store in general and not just video games. When they literally receive trucks 5 times a week just from their distribution centers it is easy for them to deduce they only need to send X amount of each product each day/week to satisfy customer demand and no more then that. As for video games, most of it comes by UPS/FEDEX and therefore a bit more tricky to control inventory, that is why you always see empty game cases at Target. They would rather be out of stock on any given item then overstock them by 50 games and have to clearance out 20 of those.

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Target in Dublin,CA had about 4 Sims 3DS. I bought 2 and traded them in to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

HAH wow you live right near me. I was in there a coupe days ago and got one. Is the GS trade in value ok? I just got one to play honestly. When i checked they had like over 20 easily.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I can confirm that the Quest for Booty voucher does not work and is indeed expired. I guess Sony is much less forgiving in that regard than Microsoft, given that MS will occasionally affix expiration dates to redeemable codes and they don't mean squat 9 times out of 10. It's not mentioned anywhere on the outside packaging that the code has an expiration date - only that it's available "while supplies last" - so I'm gonna see if I can squeeze a new code out of someone at Sony. Not gettin' my hopes up, but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Sony is fucking gay with this shit. It really pisses me off since i dont get to games for a while. Usually by the time i do the DLC is expired on the sony stuff. Really pisses me off frankly. Why the hell even put an expiration on this shit? Its not like its inventory that costs Sony money. Theres no real reason other than to screw consumers. Really really lame

MS sucks but they are way better at this kind of stuff, as you mention.

That reminds me i need to open my copies of Enslaved. Those have some codes for trish costumes.. probably all expired

[quote name='Solomon87']It is VERY simple. Target sort of finally got the hint about 3 years ago that people would wait for stuff to go clearance because Target would over buy on what they would sell to you and i. As a result, they dramatically cut back on how many video games they would send to all stores, even guaranteed sellers. About the only games they will go nuts and buy in droves for consumers would be the usual culprit such as COD, GOW, etc. You will never again see the insane clearance deals that you saw 3 or 4 years ago because Target understands that people would literally come into our stores just to buy a ton of clearance to re-sell on ebay and the like. Hell,i still have at least 4 or 5 dealers who come in every morning and shop the stores clearance and they openly admit to me they are re-sellers.

EDIT: and YES, these inventory control methods apply to the whole store in general and not just video games. When they literally receive trucks 5 times a week just from their distribution centers it is easy for them to deduce they only need to send X amount of each product each day/week to satisfy customer demand and no more then that. As for video games, most of it comes by UPS/FEDEX and therefore a bit more tricky to control inventory, that is why you always see empty game cases at Target. They would rather be out of stock on any given item then overstock them by 50 games and have to clearance out 20 of those.[/QUOTE]

i hope we can still count on the annual "we put this years (insert sport) video game on clearance by accident" clearance. i got mlb 12 and tiger woods 13 masters for half off last year.

[quote name='Kovorkian']You can attempt to use it to see if it is still valid, code expiration means it is just no longer guaranteed to work.[/QUOTE]

I just redeemed the dlc from the Uncharted 2 GOTY last week and it mentioned that it expired on 9/5/12 so it seems a crapshoot with the dlc expiration dates.

[quote name='NineH']I just redeemed the dlc from the Uncharted 2 GOTY last week and it mentioned that it expired on 9/5/12 so it seems a crapshoot with the dlc expiration dates.[/QUOTE]

Very odd. Seeing as how I tried to redeem mine within the last few months and it said it's expired.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I can confirm that the Quest for Booty voucher does not work and is indeed expired. I guess Sony is much less forgiving in that regard than Microsoft, given that MS will occasionally affix expiration dates to redeemable codes and they don't mean squat 9 times out of 10. It's not mentioned anywhere on the outside packaging that the code has an expiration date - only that it's available "while supplies last" - so I'm gonna see if I can squeeze a new code out of someone at Sony. Not gettin' my hopes up, but it's worth a shot.[/QUOTE]

Its very hit or miss some of the dlc vouchers work for months after expired, some do not work within a week after the dateh well this just means I'll have to get the PAL version off amazon.

[quote name='Kovorkian']Its very hit or miss some of the dlc vouchers work for months after expired, some do not work within a week after the dateh well this just means I'll have to get the PAL version off amazon.[/QUOTE]
... or in the case of EA games, they expire before their expiration date.

Just paid $8.98 for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for xbox 360 at the Target on Eastern and Silverado Rancho in Las Vegas (Henderson?), NV.

sticker said "Clearance: Was $29.99 Now: $20.98" but when she rang it up, it only came out to $8.98 before tax.

[quote name='Allen Poe']Just paid $8.98 for Metal Gear Solid HD Collection for xbox 360 at the Target on Eastern and Silverado Rancho in Las Vegas (Henderson?), NV.

sticker said "Clearance: Was $29.99 Now: $20.98" but when she rang it up, it only came out to $8.98 before tax.[/QUOTE]

A nice lesson here: Always suspect that your Target employees are lazy and make sure you scan the item.

Saw a PSP 3000 in the locked clearance display, but they are still asking $129. Wish I could get them to PM Kmart's clearance haha.

The Target in Meyerland (HOU,TX) had PS3 Rage and Vita Fifa Soccer (both already mentioned). I picked up Rage... 3 copies left and 1 of Fifa.

Vita Starter Kit $11.98(was $39.99)
207-00-0144

Wii-U game Pad Stand/Cradle Set $5.98(was $19.99)
207-00-0353

Skylanders Portal Owners Pack $17.98(was $59.99)
I THINK this may have been PS3 and I forgot the DPCI! EEK!

Saw Blur PS3 for $10 (50%). Came up as "PS3 value" and only saw at one target, so maybe they dug it out from somewhere. I swear I remember it already being in the clearance cycle a long time ago.

[quote name='coopscohen']Grabbed a :3ds: Sims 3 for $2.98[/QUOTE]
Got mine for $4.98 but still happy to add to the 3DS collection even if i never play it.

[quote name='scottman']Saw Blur PS3 for $10 (50%). Came up as "PS3 value" and only saw at one target, so maybe they dug it out from somewhere. I swear I remember it already being in the clearance cycle a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure the opportunity has arisen once or twice that I've missed, but I've been wanting to find Blur for $10 for years now...

[quote name='MooseTheCorgi']Target in Dublin,CA had about 4 Sims 3DS. I bought 2 and traded them in to Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

Was that legwork worth the $4 to you?

[quote name='bobphone']Was that legwork worth the $4 to you?[/QUOTE]

If he's got a gamestop about 50 yards down the strip mall from the Target as is the case in my neck of the woods, then probably yes....

Saw Freakyforms Deluxe: Your Creations, Alive! for 3DS for half off. 9.98 at the Regency Target in Jax, FL

[quote name='midlifecrisisMkII']Battleship PS3 $20.98 207-24-0934.

There was also a PS3 Bluetooth Headset (Urban Camouflage), but there was no price tag on it.[/QUOTE]

Battleship has been/was(can't find the link) $9.98 at Toys R Us for a while.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']I'm sure the opportunity has arisen once or twice that I've missed, but I've been wanting to find Blur for $10 for years now...[/QUOTE]

wasn't it $10 right when it came out at best buy due to stacking coupons or something

[quote name='shadowkast']wasn't it $10 right when it came out at best buy due to stacking coupons or something[/QUOTE]

I picked it up for $5 at a Sears Clearance. It's worth about $5, imo.

[quote name='shadowkast']wasn't it $10 right when it came out at best buy due to stacking coupons or something[/QUOTE]

I think it was $20. There was a $20 manufacturers coupon and BB had it on sale or something.

[quote name='WingsDJY']I think it was $20. There was a $20 manufacturers coupon and BB had it on sale or something.[/QUOTE]

^That's how i got my copy, worth the $10 IMO

Saw:
:ds: Pokemon Soul Silver $27.98
:360: Rockstat Game Collection $41.98
:360: Gunstringer $19.98
:360: Mass Effect 3 $20.98
:360: Fable: The Journey $34.98
:360: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron $41.98

Grabbed:
:ps3: MLB 11 The Show DS3 Controller AS IS for $28.xx after Red Card discount. No idea where they pulled that from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back