Target Clearance Thread XXI (YMMV) [euthanised]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovorkian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
43 (100%)
Regarding items posted in the Thread:

The items posted could be higher or lower at your store.

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum

Please go to the Target clearance trade thread for trade requests.

Numbers in purple are DPCI #'s, which can be used to check the prices of items on newer scanners.

Numbers in orange are online item #'s .

The following is all jacked from jimijumper's "The Bona-Fide Target Clearance Thread XX IS NOW CLOSED!!!" thread linked below

Previous thread:

XX

Target clearance is YMMV
Games may not even be on clearance at your store, or they may be higher or lower than what is on this list.

This thread is for clearance-- not for sale items. Price reductions for clearance seem to happen on Monday but could also occur any day of the week depending on your store's price change team. Price adjustments on clearance are typically not allowed, but some have succeeded or have been able to do as return and rebuy.

Further reduction is possible when a game's price ends with 8 cents. However, when it ends in 4 cents it will NOT drop anymore. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction. Also, note that, typically, games will drop three times-- from 30%, 50%, then to the final drop of 70% or 75% off of the original price. Some people, however, have seen further drops up to 85%.

When games are marked down, the price change team typically find the game and scan it with their PDA/LRT to intiate the price change. However, in the case that they cannot find the game, they will either choose to not drop the price further or process the price change anyway, figuring that the game is somewhere in the store.

When posting deals, please include game, system, price, DCPI # and online item # in RED!!!

For example:

$4.98
123-45-6789 Random Game Name #12345678

DPCI stands for Department, Class, Item-- it's Target's version of a SKU. These are a nine digit number that can always be found on your receipt and also on the red clearance tags on the item itself.

DPCI numbers are handy to have when you want to check the item's price-- just go over to your scanner and punch in the numbers, if your scanners have keypads. Also, you can give these numbers to team members so they can check the availability of the item easily with their PDA scanners. Please post any DPCI #'s or Online Item #'s that are not already in the OP-- thanks!

This is especially important since some of the DPCI numbers on Target.com start with 241, meaning they cannot be used in-store, and also meaning that I can't get all of the numbers from Target.com.

New link to search for items using Target's online item #:

Find In Store

You can also take the DPCI # and search on Target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there.

(HUGE PROPS TO mitch079 FOR GETTING US THIS USEFUL INFO!!!)

If you are having trouble with the above search here are more detailed directions:

Take the DPCI #s and search on target.com for an exact match and then use the store locator there. If there isn't an exact match, try googling Target and the DPCI #. For instance, on the 500 gb Seagate hard drive, it doesn't show up on the site. Google shows the online # as 13730271. Then, you can plug the online # in http://m.target.com/fiats/t- and put the online number after the - so the link would be: http://m.target.com/fiats/t-13730271. Hit enter, plug in your zip and it should work.

Here is a fairly easy way to check your local Target's pricing in-store as often price tags will not be correct:

1) Go to Half.com or a similar site. Search for the game to locate its UPC code number. It's in the gray box underneath the box art graphic.
2) Go to UPC Database ,Milk.com , or UPC Data and enter the code so you can print out the UPC. Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts.

Thanks to BigDirty for that^

I am starting off this new thread going back toOctober 1st, 2012 February 2013.
Please refer to the prior thread for any items before then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw 2 copies of Fifa (not 13) for Vita at my store price was 14.99. Still on the fence since I'm not much of a soccer fan

[quote name='biggie2123']Just picked up Pokémon Soul Silver for $12.50 after red card savings. It was 70% off. Looks like it dropped today at my store.[/QUOTE]

Mines had a tag for $11.98 with no target red credit card. That's odd. I guess different targets price stuff?
It was in a end cap with a sign "15% or more"

Picked up

3DS

The sims 3 $2.98

DS

Wonder pets $ 3.24
Team Umizoomi $3.34

Power up Heroes $ 4.24

Last three were online items but there were 8-9 more copies of P U Heroes at that price. Also found out what happened to all those R and C FFA (30+ copies) last marked down to $9.98 . They were marked $19.99 with clearance tags badly removed :(

[quote name='spacegundam0079']Picked up

3DS

The sims 3 $2.98
[/QUOTE]

My Target has about 20 copies for this price. I picked one up just because it was cheap.

Dam. Nice price on fifa and soul silver...I'll have to check my local target for those. Any CAGers check for these games around Orange County or Tucson area?

Picked up

3DS:
The sims 3 $2.98

PS3:
RAGE Anarchy Edition $5.98

Lots of the Pokemon Soul Silver at my target

Picked up FIFA 12 (PS3) $9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WII U) $18 "SHOCKED" :) and Sims 3 (3DS) $3. Still have 1 copy Takken Tag Tournament 2 (wii U) left at Lees Summit, MO store.

[quote name='RedDragon']Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WII U) $18 "SHOCKED" :) [/QUOTE]

Yeah I found tekken tag for wii u at 18 as well and picked it up ASAP. I was also surprised

Meant to post this earlier when I was at work but it was a pretty hectic and busy day with a big ETL/STL/Corporate meeting at my store so I forgot. Picked up Tekken Tag 2 on Wii U for $17.98. I missed out on Soul Silver though, someone picked it up before I went to break.

[quote name='RedDragon']Picked up FIFA 12 (PS3) $9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WII U) $18 "SHOCKED" :) and Sims 3 (3DS) $3. Still have 1 copy Takken Tag Tournament 2 (wii U) left at Lees Summit, MO store.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting the Tekken find, I was able to pick up the last one at a nearby Target.

Picked up FIFA on the Vita ($8.98) and Rage Anarchy Edition on PS3 ($5.98). I love working back in electronics on Mondays, always scoping out the goods.

I finally went to Target again after not going in like 7 months and all they had was some Olympic game on the PS3 for $15 and the one game I did buy was Rockband 3 for $5 it had a online item tag.

[quote name='RedDragon']Picked up FIFA 12 (PS3) $9. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (WII U) $18 "SHOCKED" :) and Sims 3 (3DS) $3. Still have 1 copy Takken Tag Tournament 2 (wii U) left at Lees Summit, MO store.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jonnysniper']Yeah I found tekken tag for wii u at 18 as well and picked it up ASAP. I was also surprised[/QUOTE]
DCPI for Tekken Tag 2 Wii U?

[quote name='MetalMegaGio']I finally went to Target again after not going in like 7 months and all they had was some Olympic game on the PS3 for $15 and the one game I did buy was Rockband 3 for $5 it had a online item tag.[/QUOTE]

RB3 trades for $10 at Gamestop, so nice pickup.

Found one copy of Tekken Tag 2 for Wii U at Target for that $17.98 clearance price, thanks for the heads up fellow CAGs! :)

[quote name='yedgee']Picked up Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) for $5.98 today.[/QUOTE]

I was just looking at it the other day wondering when it would go clearance, but of course just bought it from newegg for ~$16 instead of waiting. Seems to be low stock at the targets I've seen it anyway, and haven't seen a clearance tag for it yet.

But saw a few drops this week:
price is right decades wii $9
test drive ferrari 360 $25
gunstringer 360 $12

[quote name='The Punisher']Mines had a tag for $11.98 with no target red credit card. That's odd. I guess different targets price stuff?
It was in a end cap with a sign "15% or more"[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry. It was 11.98 but with tax, 12.50 was my total cost. I won't include tax next time.

[quote name='yedgee']Picked up Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) for $5.98 today.[/QUOTE]

._. Looks like I'm headed to my Target to see if this is true at my location...

Well it looks like I probably missed out on all the SoulSilvers at my local store. Should have gone Monday. They had like 8 with the pokewalker thing, plus one regular. Will still look tomorrow to see about a TT2 Wii.

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']._. Looks like I'm headed to my Target to see if this is true at my location...[/QUOTE]

no, that's my target :p local one for me never has anything (non state college target)

Pretty much everything that I had found previously at Spring Hill and Cool Springs (TN) dropped again this week. $14.98 Test Drive Ferrari, $14.98 PowerUp Heroes, $11.98 Gunstringer (yeah!) and $5.98 R&C All 4 One (no! I already opened my copy thinking they'd sell out! :wall:)

[quote name='infini2001']Well, Tekken Tag 2 for Wii U was at a regular price, $59.99, at a couple of Targets in my area. Wasted gas... So disappointed..[/QUOTE]

Likewise around here in Chicago ... and it was during a crazy snowstorm. I am under a dark star this week.

Saw a couple copies of Smart As for 8.98 and one copy of Lumines Vita for 20.98. I don't care much for Smart As and I already own Lumines so I left both. I'm a little bummed that someone grabbed the Soul Silver since I was waiting for that to drop again.

[quote name='infini2001']Well, Tekken Tag 2 for Wii U was at a regular price, $59.99, at a couple of Targets in my area. Wasted gas... So disappointed..[/QUOTE]
I *HATE* when I wasted gas. So much so that I am seriously considering a Tesla, given that gas is $4.xx and rising.

[quote name='scblueeyedguy']Well it looks like I probably missed out on all the SoulSilvers at my local store. Should have gone Monday. They had like 8 with the pokewalker thing, plus one regular. Will still look tomorrow to see about a TT2 Wii.[/QUOTE]

I was completely stunned to find one of these on Saturday for $11.98 (which means they must have dropped the previous Monday). But it also appears they moved the clearance games from their usual place. In fact, I might have missed the last several weeks of clearance because of that. There were a handful of games over in the old place whcih threw me off the scent of the newer stuff - d'oh!

I also grabbed :360: PowerUp Heroes for $14.98. I have no idea if I'll keep that or not but I figured I should grab it since there was only one of those too.

I passed on that :360: Ferrarri game for $14.98.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='spacegundam0079']

Power up Heroes $ 4.24

Last three were online items but there were 8-9 more copies of P U Heroes at that price.([/QUOTE]

They had 8-9 copies and they were all online items? That seems odd... But damn, I feel like I way overpaid at $14.98 for it. But that was close to 75% off (70% actually) and that is usually the end of the line for clearance these days so that's why I picked it up. Maybe I'll just return it and take a chance on finding it again cheaper in a week or two.

[quote name='TooPoor']I *HATE* when I wasted gas. So much so that I am seriously considering a Tesla, given that gas is $4.xx and rising.[/QUOTE]
As another fellow from California I can tell you I know your pain. Especially considering I drive a V8 SUV that we've been trying to get rid of.. Still, I'm glad I don't commute too far for school and work.

On topic, I'm going to have to check my Target for some SoulSilver games. Last I saw they had a bunch but at their normal retail price.

[quote name='Namurashi']As another fellow from California I can tell you I know your pain. Especially considering I drive a V8 SUV that we've been trying to get rid of.. Still, I'm glad I don't commute too far for school and work.

On topic, I'm going to have to check my Target for some SoulSilver games. Last I saw they had a bunch but at their normal retail price.[/QUOTE]

Where do you live in california? In my area I seem to have a lot of resellers Ive hit targets in a 30 mile radius both ways and havent found much.

Ive gone into a couple places and people have told me I was a couple minutes late someone just came in and puchased every copy of such and such Im like eh...

I got lucky today though on craigslist ;) got Dead Space 1 & 2 + Marvel Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2 in perfect condition. The codes for the dead space 2 were also not used so I felt special with my birthday just passing Ive been looking for these games for a while. Oh yeah I paid $20 for them all.

[quote name='Kovorkian']no, that's my target :p local one for me never has anything (non state college target)[/QUOTE]

Haha well for once maybe I will get lucky? :lol: Considering I can never find half decent deals in my area anyway lol

[quote name='highoffcoffee496']Haha well for once maybe I will get lucky? :lol: Considering I can never find half decent deals in my area anyway lol[/QUOTE]

The state college target is the good target :cool: I got euro trip for $2.50 cause of an online item :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back