target clearance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4046 replies to this topic

#1651 MRW2276

MRW2276

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:25 AM

Found Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - Nintendo 3DS on clearance for $10.08, marked as an online item :)

Seen that a few times "online item" at my store and have no clue what it is. Most of the time they are sold as is too.

#1652 Fifty Shades of Grey

Fifty Shades of Grey

Born To Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

Seen that a few times "online item" at my store and have no clue what it is. Most of the time they are sold as is too.

I actually saw an english/spanish version of Cinderella marked "as is" for $8.56, didn't purchase it because I already have the gold version, also saw an "as is" Battleship the Video Game for $8.56 while back but passed on that as well.

I did however a few weeks back found an "as is" copy of How to Train Your Dragon 3D :br: for $8.56, didn't have the slip but I wasn't going to complain :)
Posted Image

People whining about having to do their job is annoying. Hence you no longer have a job and people buy most of their reading materials from the internet. Fuck off and go work at McDonald's now.

Best Buy managed to out-Gamestop Gamestop. Good show. :applause:

8-) Real gamers don't shop at GameStop 8-)

#1653 No.

No.

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

Nothing in Grand Forks, ND but 15 copies of Shawn White

A ton of copies here too for $8, one store had at least 30.

I don't understand how clearance works, does Target send these to random stores or something?

#1654 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Picked up another Rayman Origins for vita if anyone is still looking for it. I also found my hidden stash of the sony minidv tapes in the magazine rack, just proves nobody goes through the magazines (as I did it Monday this week), and loss prevention didn't spot me dropping it in there. Of course people these days are looking for sd cards, and compact flash. Left 4 Dead Game of the Year Edition for 360, was gone since someone thought 13.98 was a deal (to me it isn't since it's been out so long).

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#1655 dxology

dxology

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

Finally picked up the pulse elites I've been stalking for 3 weeks for $44.98. I was surprised they lasted that long on clearance. Also picked an electric razor for $57.xx marked down from 229.

#1656 Wazzup4567

Wazzup4567

Wazzup CAG?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:21 AM

8 Wii U Mics, 1 Copy of RER, A buttload of 4GB Vita Cards, 4 Shaun White Games, A PS3 USB Hub, 5 Copies of Nemo DS, 2 PS3 Headsets, and One Random PC game

Target Clearance is never cool for me ;-;

#1657 sgaldis

sgaldis

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

I had the same question last week, and someone was nice enough to explain it to me a few pages back. While 'as-is' items are often online returns, he said that KH was a special exception. For some reason, when the associates scan that particular game with their handheld units, the UPC doesn't come up, so they are basically just left to make up a price. Oddly enough though, he said if that UPC is scanned at an actual register, it will come up full price.

I found 7 copies last week for $7.01, and I knew something had to be up; I can't imagine 7 online returns of that game in particular to one store. So some of you, like me, are basically just getting extremely lucky, as a result of a software glitch and benevolent markdown associates! ;)

#1658 enigma

enigma

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

If anyone can get me one of the Pulse Elite wireless headsets at the $44.98 price point, I'd be much obliged!

#1659 offensive_jerk

offensive_jerk

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:20 PM

Man I'm depressed. I saw tons of the 32GB vita cards for $30 or whatever it was and passed. Went back a day later and they are all gone... Didn't know how expensive those were :(

Now I just ordered a vita and realized it doesn't come with a card... Kicking myself big time.

#1660 HyperG

HyperG

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Just return using your old receipt. Ive been doing this with some other clearance items recently without any issue.

Also saw the Move sharpshooters for $11.98, but didnt pick any up. Revelations was still $9.98 and Mercenaries $14.98.

Asked customer service at my store, was told I couldn't get it adjusted.

www.GamersVlog.com - Enter for game giveaways.

#1661 nbballard

nbballard

glad you didnt say banana

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Dang. No 32gb cards at mine. I need another one...
Spoiler

#1662 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:06 PM

Asked customer service at my store, was told I couldn't get it adjusted.

I think what he was saying is that he bought a second item then used the old receipt to return the new item.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#1663 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

I think what he was saying is that he bought a second item then used the old receipt to return the new item.

thats correct.

#1664 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:07 AM

Man I'm depressed. I saw tons of the 32GB vita cards for $30 or whatever it was and passed. Went back a day later and they are all gone... Didn't know how expensive those were :(

Now I just ordered a vita and realized it doesn't come with a card... Kicking myself big time.

Man that story has me depressed :cry:

#1665 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:06 AM

Saw five of the 16GB Vita cards for $30 at the 15 mile and Van Dyke store, they're in the case with the Vita systems. The deal's nice still but not quite as hot with Amazon currently selling them for ~$45.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#1666 Nintendonly

Nintendonly

feck this shat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 01:48 AM

Picked up

Reality Fighters - PS Vita $5.06 (as is sticker)
Ridge Racer - PS Vita $7.56 (as is sticker)
Rayman Origins - PS Vita $8.98 (clearance) - 207 20 0848
Street Fighter vs Tekken - PS Vita $11.98 (clearance) 207 20 0094

Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D (3DS) $14.98

Don't own a vita (yet), grabbed anyways (and for all I know a game or two is on PS+ for free), store had several Street Fighter vs Tekken left and Rayman Origins but I only bought 1 of each.

So i'm up for suggestions of keeping, trading or simply returning to the store (except for the 3DS title, I'm keeping that). Did not find any memory at my store on clearance, did find a Turtle beach headset for 360 that looked like it was repacked, for $29.9x . May wait and see if it stays and drops price.

I'm quoting this for reference. It has a Target SKU number I need.

Currently playing:

icon_snes.gif- Nothing, 11m9gn4.png- Nothing
:3ds:- Sonic Battle (GBA), :psp:- Nothing
:ps3:- Nothing, atari_jaguar.png- Nothing, Pippin01.gif- Nothing
Wii_U_platform_icon.png- Beyond Good & Evil (GCN), 20g0cxd.png- Nothing

#1667 Gedemer

Gedemer

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

IDK if it was posted yet, but

Vita 4GB Cards were 4.99 at my Target

#1668 d0ggiefizzle

d0ggiefizzle

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:32 AM

was at my local target in sacramento off fulton ave and i found defiance for 29.98 they also had a crapload of borderlands 2 dlc packs.
-Crystal Heights Imperial-

My Collection - http://users.ign.com.../nintendo-holic

-Let Tha Moon Run Red With Blood-

#1669 tjm01572

tjm01572

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

Just got back from my local target, they have Vita memory and Vita Rayman but both are at MSRP??? I thought Target clearances were national?

#1670 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:34 PM

Just got back from my local target, they have Vita memory and Vita Rayman but both are at MSRP??? I thought Target clearances were national?

YMMV is in the title of the thread.

#1671 tjm01572

tjm01572

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

YMMV is in the title of the thread.

YMMV should refer to if they are in stock at my local store, not the price, which I thought was reduced nationally (as is same price at every store if they have it, hence the SKU)

#1672 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:42 PM

So I found a copy of RE:R with the Revelaitons typo, but didnt realize it before I opened it. Do you think this will really increase in value? I heard they made 90,000 like this.
Posted Image

#1673 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

YMMV should refer to if they are in stock at my local store, not the price, which I thought was reduced nationally (as is same price at every store if they have it, hence the SKU)

YMMV refers to YMMV.

#1674 theytookourjobz

theytookourjobz

We Gotta Go Back

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Even if you misunderstood what YMMV means in this thread, the OP clarifies further by stating that prices may be higher or lower at your store.

#1675 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

I fail to see how you made this mistake... even if you read one maybe two (depending on whats going on) pages of this topic, you would see that people are constantly reporting different prices / unique offers. Like with all the Biohazard talk you would think you would pick up on the MSRP, $13, $9, $5 differences between posts and see it's not universal.

Even if you misunderstood what YMMV means in this thread, the OP clarifies further by stating that prices may be higher or lower at your store.

In their defense, it's at the bottom and really should be at the top.

@ Kovorkian

Thats how I've always read it.

Edited by admiralvic, 27 May 2013 - 04:27 PM.

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#1676 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Also in their defense, YMMV technically means "your mileage may vary" where as gas should be the only factor into cost.

HOWEVER, the term has since evolved into "Your Market May Vary" and which case prices / availability can be different.

xivpads.png

#1677 Kovorkian

Kovorkian

Judoka on a CAG Hiatus due to new job

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

Also in their defense, YMMV technically means "your mileage may vary" where as gas should be the only factor into cost.

HOWEVER, the term has since evolved into "Your Market May Vary" and which case prices / availability can be different.

off topic relating to YMMV
Spoiler

on topic

also Picked up energizer 3ds armor for $5.98 DCPI 207 00 0083

Tradelist   (mostly Nintendo / Sony)  

May DealSeeker continue to guide us through dark voids, lead us not into tempting terrible deals, and deliver us from EA.

gallery_474050_8161_75125.jpg

Designed by Lilchiji

#1678 axlrose4183

axlrose4183

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

I wonder if there will be price drops today since it's a holiday?

axlrose4183.png

#1679 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

I wonder if there will be price drops today since it's a holiday?

Has nothing to do with Target. Only days things don't get marked down on time is when the store is closed.

Actually a Holiday would be even more reason to mark things down as there will be a lot more traffic than normal.

xivpads.png

#1680 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

YMMV technically stands for your mileage may vary but the phrase has evolved to mean "results may differ" for anything in life.

it does not stand for your market may vary.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade