target clearance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4046 replies to this topic

#1981 KrayzieKMF

KrayzieKMF

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

Only good clearance I've found recently is furniture and bedding for my daughter... maybe the grills will hit 70% off...

#1982 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

The only thing I found today at the other Target by me was an 'as-is' copy of the Mario Party 9 guide with a big rip on the front cover and a chunk missing out of the back cover. It was marked $5.06, which to me in that condition is $5 too much.

The only other thing I noticed is that the newer Skyrim guide for the Legendary edition comes up as 'item not found' on the price scanners.

#1983 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

The only thing I found today at the other Target by me was an 'as-is' copy of the Mario Party 9 guide with a big rip on the front cover and a chunk missing out of the back cover. It was marked $5.06, which to me in that condition is $5 too much.

The only other thing I noticed is that the newer Skyrim guide for the Legendary edition comes up as 'item not found' on the price scanners.

Should have asked them how much it was, might have gotten a deal.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: MLB 14 The Show 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List - H: MK8 Promo Game Choice

#1984 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

I think I tried that once already and they pointed to the little white sticker they've been putting on ALL guides at Target lately that said $26.99 or so.

But if that sticker were not on there, I would have tried it again.

#1985 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:18 AM

Which barcode did you scan? UPC or ISBN?  The former will show the price, the latter will show up as item not found.

Only good clearance I've found recently is furniture and bedding for my daughter... maybe the grills will hit 70% off...

Yeah, all I've seen lately is pretty much the entire furniture sections on clearance and some summer cookout stuff.

#1986 Guest_ChallengeEverything_*

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:12 AM

Which barcode did you scan? UPC or ISBN?  The former will show the price, the latter will show up as item not found.

The UPC was the one that I scanned and it did come up item not found.

#1987 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

Huh.  Weird.

#1988 sgaldis

sgaldis

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

I've also been to a couple stores in the last month where they had that full end cap of seemingly random games that they couldn't fit in the cases anymore, all unmarked and all at full price.

YES!  I've got this same thing at my closest store, and I've never heard anyone else speak of another.  It probably showed up around 6 months ago, a giant endcap lockbox-type thing with probably 60-80 titles that hit clearance at one time or another over the last few years, however, they all ring up full price.  This includes some of the PS3 Goldeneye Move bundle things, and a LBP2 Move Bundle.  It's SO frustrating, because there are actually quite a few I would buy if they would put them at a decent clearance price.

#1989 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:35 AM

I thin ive found out why a lot of people havent been seeing anything on clearance at their stores for a while. Around here its been a wasteland. Just the occasional shovelware, no real game clearances for a long time. I have been keeping an eye on 2 stores that some some Kingdoms of Amular after reading that they were on clearance. I checked for weeks, still 19.99, marked discontinued, but not clearance. Well last week i went in to check and the games were gone. I asked if they had been marked down and they checked... nope. They were sitting in the back at 19.99 still. When i inquired as to when they would be marked down i was told they would most likely not. That theres a policy where they are supposed to keep discontinued games on hand to fill empy holes as needed,.. but not at clearance prices o_O This seems retarded to me but i was told the same thing at the second store i checked that had them missing too

Actualy the 2nd store said that its supposed to go clearance>discontinued>backroom. ANd that they were confused since the game never seemed to hit the clearance stage. Does anyone know the Target clearance process? This seems strange to me.

The order is wrong since the policy for clearance is that it 100% needs to be on the floor.

But, it is logical. Discontinued > Back Room> Clearance. When I worked for Target back in 2008 they had the Pokemon DS in the back for over a year, until I asked if I can just throw them out in a case (at the time it was the big glass windows) with a price tag. 

xivpads.png

#1990 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

I found a couple of GTA5 Viewfinders for a penny each

Wow, nice. Did they have a DPCI?
MLIFTgM.gif

#1991 ThatOneGuyWho

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

Found a 55in Samsung TV for $840 (markdown from $12something). Going to wait till it drops down more. I know, such a long shot but worth the wait. I don't really need a new TV, but an upgrade from my Emerson 40in from Black Friday would be nice.

Found it: http://www.target.co...Slot=medium_1_3

#1992 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:27 AM

Wow, nice. Did they have a DPCI?

#1993 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:10 AM

That number gives me this: http://www.target.co...ck/-/A-13620886

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

#1994 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

Official Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

That number gives me this: http://www.target.co...ck/-/A-13620886

weird, i check your link and saw this

other offers. other Info.
  • Online Item #: 13620886
  • Store Item Number (DPCI): 248-70-2070
  • ISBN: 9780887406232
  • Item can be gift wrapped.
  • Made in the USA or Imported

It's a different DCPI

On my receipt it's listed as "Pre-Sells"

#1995 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

weird, i check your link and saw this

It's a different DCPI

You are right but that is what typing in the DCPI you gave takes me to so I have no idea.

#1996 ritchardf

ritchardf

add ritchardf on psn and xbox live

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

I thin ive found out why a lot of people havent been seeing anything on clearance at their stores for a while. Around here its been a wasteland. Just the occasional shovelware, no real game clearances for a long time. I have been keeping an eye on 2 stores that some some Kingdoms of Amular after reading that they were on clearance. I checked for weeks, still 19.99, marked discontinued, but not clearance. Well last week i went in to check and the games were gone. I asked if they had been marked down and they checked... nope. They were sitting in the back at 19.99 still. When i inquired as to when they would be marked down i was told they would most likely not. That theres a policy where they are supposed to keep discontinued games on hand to fill empy holes as needed,.. but not at clearance prices o_O This seems retarded to me but i was told the same thing at the second store i checked that had them missing too

Actualy the 2nd store said that its supposed to go clearance>discontinued>backroom. ANd that they were confused since the game never seemed to hit the clearance stage. Does anyone know the Target clearance process? This seems strange to me.

well, that would explain why my target had a cart out with about 40 random psp games, then the next day i see them randomly spread into holes in the vita, ps3 game areas.

#1997 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thanks!

MLIFTgM.gif

#1998 Sky Ray

Sky Ray

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:36 PM

:wii: Pictionary $7.48
:360: Nat Geo TV America the Wild $8.98
:pc: Assassin's Creed Revelation $5.06

33c9dz8.jpg

#1999 TastyPorkBone

TastyPorkBone

How Could You Not Like Bacon !?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:51 PM

I am guessing with the new (newest) slim xbox 360 hitting shelves the old ones are hitting clearance ?

xnt1.jpg

eycz.jpg

8eeg.jpg

w7c9.png

#2000 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

That particular 360 SKU has been hitting clearance at certain Targets for about a month I believe. Might become more widespread though.

#2001 bbedwards

bbedwards

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:31 PM

Those 250gb bundles were around $150 at my target last week

#2002 rbarba4

rbarba4

I'm THAT Guy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

Still not finding any VG clearance around me, but at least I did find those Beatles and KISS mini-fig packs for $6.98 each (30%off).  Picked up one each and I'll keep watching in case they survive another price drop.

Also found some carpenter pants for 5.82, why not.

Current Playlist:

Wii U  +++++  Mario Kart 8-tear it up!   Deus Ex HR-sneak, sneak goes the Aug.  Shovel Knight-clank... goes my shovel on the skull

Xbox 360  +++++  Rocksmith 2014 YACHT ROCK is dead. LONG LIVE YACHT ROCK ! ! !    Earth Defense Force 2025 - EDF... EDF...EDF!!!

PS3  +++++  chillin' like the mofo that it is

#2003 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:57 PM

Found a 55in Samsung TV for $840 (markdown from $12something). Going to wait till it drops down more. I know, such a long shot but worth the wait. I don't really need a new TV, but an upgrade from my Emerson 40in from Black Friday would be nice.

You should ask the electronic reps if there's any other clearance TV's in the back several stores are well stock with the recent clear out but since they're not on the floor people who don't ask miss them.

#2004 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:15 AM

YES! I've got this same thing at my closest store, and I've never heard anyone else speak of another. It probably showed up around 6 months ago, a giant endcap lockbox-type thing with probably 60-80 titles that hit clearance at one time or another over the last few years, however, they all ring up full price. This includes some of the PS3 Goldeneye Move bundle things, and a LBP2 Move Bundle. It's SO frustrating, because there are actually quite a few I would buy if they would put them at a decent clearance price.

I would probably call around to other targets around the area with the dpci's for those bundles and see if they are in the system on clearance, full price, or out of the system. I would try a return/rebuy on clearance if possible or barring that, buy them and return them to a store that didn't have them in the system. And see if they put them out "as is" with some ridiculous clearance.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2005 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:20 AM

I would probably call around to other targets around the are with the dpci's for those bundles and see if they are in the system on clearance, full price, or out of the system. I would try a return/rebuy on clearance if possible or barring that, buy them and return them to a store that didn't have them in the system. And see if they put them out "as is" with some ridiculous clearance.

Easier said than done when a lot of the stuff sitting on those end caps is still scanning at $60 and hasn't been that anywhere else in a long, long time.

#2006 karkyco

karkyco

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Easier said than done when a lot of the stuff sitting on those end caps is still scanning at $60 and hasn't been that anywhere else in a long, long time.

That's why I said to return them to another Target where they are not in the system at all if no store in the are has them on clearance. They would quite possibly mark them as an online or as is item in that scenario, often with a very nice discount. That or they would salvage them out and/or an employee will take them. But it might be worth a shot to get them on the cheap.

SPLASH!

m93k0.gif

#2007 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:48 AM

That's a nice TV! I recently upgraded to a 3D LED HDTV, and I love it. It's not a Smart TV, but my desktop is hooked up to it so it's fine with me.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#2008 CheapAssHustla

CheapAssHustla

Hustle..Hustle Hard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:49 AM

That's a nice TV! I recently upgraded to a 3D LED HDTV, and I love it. It's not a Smart TV, but my desktop is hooked up to it so it's fine with me.

Forza 5 Full Game Download/Titanfall Full Game Download - $80 bundle

Ms. Splosion Man and Pinball FX XBL Codes for Sale/Trade

This is my new theme song. "Man, you're a CheapAssGamer."

YouTube

#2009 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 06 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

That's why I said to return them to another Target where they are not in the system at all if no store in the are has them on clearance. They would quite possibly mark them as an online or as is item in that scenario, often with a very nice discount. That or they would salvage them out and/or an employee will take them. But it might be worth a shot to get them on the cheap.

My point was more that some of us probably don't a couple hundred dollars to tie up temporarily to schlep a bunch of games to a different store to maybe get a discount. ;)

#2010 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:00 AM

I have the c7000 (slightly better, 3D version, but pretty identical) and I love it.  One of my favorite features (while it may seem dumb to others) is the ability to use my phone as a remote via the samsung app.  My kids ALWAYS lose the goddamn remote (it was literally gone for almost 6 months at one point), so I end up using my phone like 80% of the time.

The Smart TV interface is kind of clunky but functional, and I don't use it vary often unless I can't find a PS3 or Xbox controller (thanks to my kids) and I want to watch Netflix.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!