Diablo III - Out NOW on PS3, coming to PS4

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#31 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

Leaving this here 4 teh accuracy:

Posted Image
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#32 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Any releases after july for Ps3 are doomed to fail everyone will be saving there money for Ps4 and Ps4 games.

Yes, we all remember how nobody bought God of War 2 when it came out. :roll:
"People the world over have always been more impressed by the power of our example than by the example of our power." -Bill Clinton

#33 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

good ole 4chan :roll:

EightBitArtist.png

#34 tcrash247

tcrash247

ghosts.nin.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

You have to realize that when these dealings were going down, the game wasn't even out yet. What should have been a mind blown moment was overshadowed by the PC release but what could Sony do? Break it off after entering a partnership with Blizzard? Wasn't going to happen.

Yeah, that's true, I didn't think about it like that. It's too bad Blizzard partnered specifically with Sony for this, if it was just a game on all consoles they could have easily cancelled it like Starcraft Ghost.

#35 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

It'll definitely be nice to see Blizzard take a crack at the interface stuff so that developers like Runic can copy what works. (Torchlight XBLA is a friggin mess in terms of the interface)

edit: Just saw the screenshots with Blizzard's crack at the interface stuff; hopes dashed.

Edited by Fell Open Ian, 23 February 2013 - 05:57 PM.

sudo mklove

#36 Thomas96

Thomas96

I am Thomaticus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

When this game came out I really wanted to try it out. So I'm glad it's on ps4.
Posted Image

#37 IRHari

IRHari

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:16 AM

http://www.gametrail...erview--stream-

Yep, offline local multiplayer :)

#38 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:56 AM

Yeah, there was a lot of outrage last week over that. Blizz keeps twisting the knife with how stupid they are.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#39 TimboSliceGB

TimboSliceGB

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

When this game came out I really wanted to try it out. So I'm glad it's on ps4.

you will be finding out why it was good for you not to play it. D3 was a big let down for most fans it was same as d3 and did not even look that good.

#40 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

I decided to pre-order the PSN version because I'm a crazy person with problems so I'll happily let other PC players know how the various differences shake loose. (dynamic theme + goodies + unlocks at midnight:01 PST so I figured what the hell)

sudo mklove

#41 SynGamer

SynGamer

Welcome to Night Vale

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm very curious to see how the framerate holds up...i'm still hoping for a $29.99 (or less) sale soon on PC.

g92sOMa.png4lNop7I.pngEwYfNFu.pngauyL8J9.pngszbgEtP.pngSoNL9s6.png

#42 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

I'm very curious to see how the framerate holds up...i'm still hoping for a $29.99 (or less) sale soon on PC.

It will happen shortly after the release of the expansion. That is the trend anyway.

xivpads.png

#43 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

It will happen shortly after the release of the expansion. That is the trend anyway.

maybe miscrosoft store, or tru will clearance it out again for $10

#44 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

Is the story for this game any good? Or is it just killing monsters to get equipment?

Never stop making them pay.

#45 zyk

zyk

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

Is the story for this game any good? Or is it just killing monsters to get equipment?

Its nothing special. People play this for the gear.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds:

:ps3:

:ps4: Destiny

#46 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

The story/plot is just a means to an end:

"Blah, blah evil. Blah, blah a bunch of names and ancient artifacts. Now go kill shit and watch loot fly out." :-P

sudo mklove

#47 Matt Young

Matt Young

Follow the buzzards

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

I know this is the PS3 forum, but this also seems to be the only Diablo III thread here. My question is, is there any real difference between the PS3 version and the Xbox 360 version?

155toba.gif2i6pefo.gif675n9f.gifhsl3pl.gif

#48 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Probably not, but Sony signed on ActiBliz for exclusive content for D3.

xivpads.png

#49 FellOpenIan

FellOpenIan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

I'm guessing that we'll have to wait for a proper comparison in terms of framerate, image quality, tearing and so on but between the content deal and the fact that Blizzard has been showing-off the PS3 version a ton it looks like that's the lead SKU on console.

sudo mklove

#50 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

I'm guessing that we'll have to wait for a proper comparison in terms of framerate, image quality, tearing and so on but between the content deal and the fact that Blizzard has been showing-off the PS3 version a ton it looks like that's the lead SKU on console.

dont forget the diablo 3 commericals on tv that dont even picture the 360 game making it look like an exclusive for ps3.

EightBitArtist.png

#51 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 30 August 2013 - 06:18 PM

dont forget the diablo 3 commericals on tv that dont even picture the 360 game making it look like an exclusive for ps3.

MTV mentions both in their ad.

xivpads.png

#52 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

The funny thing is, this game was built from the ground up to be a console game from the start. That's largely why it's so awful. It's limited and unimaginative in all aspects, and is after a completely different demographic than it advertises. It's literally a dark fantasy version of farmville except linked to your Paypal.

#53 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

The funny thing is, this game was built from the ground up to be a console game from the start. That's largely why it's so awful. It's limited and unimaginative in all aspects, and is after a completely different demographic than it advertises. It's literally a dark fantasy version of farmville except linked to your Paypal.

this game is basically torchlight 2 with the auction house addition, and much more pricey.

#54 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:45 PM

MTV mentions both in their ad.

i dont bother with mtv. its either comedy central or syfy that has the ps3 only commercial and then mentions the exclusive content.

EightBitArtist.png

#55 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:18 AM

this game is basically torchlight 2 with the auction house addition, and much more pricey.

Not even close. Torchlight 2 is a much better/more complete game than Diablo 3 ever will be.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#56 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

The fact that snooty elitist "PC gamers" dislike this game frankly only makes me that much more interested in Diablo 3.

#57 lolwhat

lolwhat

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:36 AM

Yes, please buy it.

#58 SEH

SEH

Paul's sister is an alien

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:40 AM

The fact that snooty elitist "PC gamers" dislike this game frankly only makes me that much more interested in Diablo 3.

Disliking a game makes you "snooty"? Fact is its a humongous step backward from Diablo 2 and is worse than Torchlight 2. The four acts are monotonous, the loot blows, they nerfed Inferno difficulty to the ground, and the auction house made whatever little fun that was there completely disappear. By all means though, waste your money on the game.

Lm9Ooqv.jpg

#59 matrix9280

matrix9280

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

If Diablo 3 is anything like Dungeon Siege 3 then I think it will be a good game for me to play.

#60 8bitArtist

8bitArtist

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

i loved diablo 2. i never got to finish it though cuz it was pretty impossible to play on a 56k dial up modem. contemplating getting this. it cant be that drastic of a change from d2. youre still dungeon crawling, finding loot and using potions.

EightBitArtist.png