1600 Microsoft Points plus 400 free points $19.99 at Best Buy

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#91 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:57 PM

I'm tempted to use my free $10 certificate on this, but I've got 4800 MSP in my desk drawer from the Target BF deal last year so I'm good on points...for now.

Shadow of Mordor ( :ps4:) Best Buy Preorder DLC for sale - PM me with offers!

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps4: The Evil Within :ps3: Tales of Xillia 2 :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World Red

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [10/19]:  :vita: Akiba's Trip (4.5/5)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#92 jetthead

jetthead

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Did you get it right after purchase? Ordered 2 an hour ago and haven't even revived an email receipt

I got the confirmation email shortly after I placed the order and the email with the MS points about 2 hours later. I'd imagine you should be getting yours soon.

I'm having the MS card shipped to me. If you placed the order for in-store pickup, it might be different.

#93 bajingo

bajingo

I ride with El Rey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:02 PM

Finally got it 3 hours later. Too bad there's no deals coming up I want!

#94 SadPanda99

SadPanda99

I hate know it alls

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

awesome, used the 10$ reward cert that I got for free to make it 10$ for 2000 MS points.
Posted Image

PM me to trade for EA PGA 11, MMA, Shift 2 Season Passes

#95 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:33 AM

I used my free $10 cert and I just received a cancellation email saying they couldn't verify my info...WTF?

#96 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Did anyone buy the card using reward certificates? I've place my order twice now using reward certificates and both times they came back as being cancelled because they were unable to verify my information. Not sure what the hell that means since neither post-purchase support nor rewards zone could figure out why the order was cancelled.

Edit: I just noticed T1NY is having the same issue as I am.. Did you call them? I've talked to three reps and they have no idea what is causing the issue since the item is in stock and available and there is no issue with the payment. I guess something is telling me not to spend my money in MS points, lol.

#97 T1NY

T1NY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:42 AM

Did anyone buy the card using reward certificates? I've place my order twice now using reward certificates and both times they came back as being cancelled because they were unable to verify my information. Not sure what the hell that means since neither post-purchase support nor rewards zone could figure out why the order was cancelled.

My order too!

#98 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 12:47 AM

My order too!

You may want to call them and tell them you are having issues purchasing the product, but don't expect them to solve anything. I honestly believe it has something to do with the product itself, since I've never had this issue before yet both times I tried to order this item it got cancelled.

#99 thejnc

thejnc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:17 AM

I used my free $10 cert and I just received a cancellation email saying they couldn't verify my info...WTF?

Same thing happened to me. But then a couple hours later I got an email telling me BB is closed for Easter and would verify tomorrow. But order status shows cancelled. With this happening and no points showing up for preordering Gears Judgment, not too impressed with BB lately.

#100 sliknik27

sliknik27

Lost in the Woods

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:32 AM

20% and up discount on points is always a must-buy for me. Got my code quite quickly after ordering.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#101 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:33 AM

The site keeps saying that the code for the $10 free RZ I got is not valid when I try to type it in...

#102 aeonus

aeonus

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Does anyone know if the 400 bonus points are considered bought points or promo (ie. expire in 1 yr) points?

#103 SilentBob50023

SilentBob50023

Kneel Before Zod

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

Did anyone buy the card using reward certificates? I've place my order twice now using reward certificates and both times they came back as being cancelled because they were unable to verify my information.

I only had a $5 certificate, but I was able to use it no problem on my order. On the online order form, there are two places you need to enter your Reward Zone member number, once to get credit for your purchase and in a separate area to use your certificate. If you don't put that number in the with certificate number it doesn't work.

I'm sure you already did that, but I wanted to tell you just in case.

#104 io

io

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:18 AM

If you want a card shipped instead of having to do an in-store pickup (which is sort of a pain just for this unless you happen to be near a Best Buy for other reasons), there is a 2000 points card with 400 bonus points as well. I used my $10 RZ cert on that one without issues, and have already gotten the 400 points. And the 2000 will get mailed so I don't have to make it to the store this week.

I really regret not getting some cards at Target on BF. I guess I thought that would be much more YMMV than it ended up being. So I was down to 750 points - this was pretty much a must buy with the $10 RZ cert I had to use by tomorrow anyway.

#105 Aughiskie

Aughiskie

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 03:17 PM

Is it possible to buy more than one of these and get the extra points? On the website, it will only allow me to add one to my cart and when went into an actual store, the person working in the video game department was so clueless that he called over 2 other employees and they looked at me like I was bull shitting them when I asked about this deal, so I'm a little leary about buying in store now, as well.
[URL="http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Aughiskie"][/URL]

#106 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:07 PM

I only had a $5 certificate, but I was able to use it no problem on my order. On the online order form, there are two places you need to enter your Reward Zone member number, once to get credit for your purchase and in a separate area to use your certificate. If you don't put that number in the with certificate number it doesn't work.

I'm sure you already did that, but I wanted to tell you just in case.

I appreciate your help, but unfortunately I did do that already. :/. I think there are a few people in here that have problems applying the certificate to the order, but my problem is more that they use my certificate and then cancel my order right after having placed it. I have never had an issue using reward certificates before, and even the Best Buy employees have no idea why the order kept getting cancelled. They tried everything, from calling my financial institution, checking availability of the product, or even if there is a limit since I ordered the 1600 points card and week ago or so whenever the last deal was. Now to hire Scooby Doo and Myster Inc. to get to the bottom of this.

#107 Anexanhume

Anexanhume

Posted 01 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Got a 1600 card for the AC3 season pass sale today. Thanks OP.

#108 io

io

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:25 PM

Yeah, this worked out perfectly for me. I had 750 points left on my account. The 400 got emailed to me not too long after I placed my order which then allowed me to buy the 800 point (50% off) Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim which I had just found out was on sale (ending today). And now my 2000 point card has shipped.

#109 mikeworld

mikeworld

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, this worked out perfectly for me. I had 750 points left on my account. The 400 got emailed to me not too long after I placed my order which then allowed me to buy the 800 point (50% off) Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim which I had just found out was on sale (ending today). And now my 2000 point card has shipped.

Do you know if these 400 points are online only or can we get it in store too?

#110 io

io

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

I think the 400 point bonus for the 1600 and 2000 point card orders are online only since they email them to you. I'm not sure how that would work in store unless it printed on the receipt or something. But, still, yeah, I think it is online only. You can get the physical part (1600/2000 card) for store pickup when you order online (if you want to get the points sooner) but the 400 will still be emailed to you.

#111 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:38 PM

My buddy grabbed a card in store a couple days ago and got the 400 bonus points. It was printed on his receipt.

#112 io

io

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:40 PM

My buddy grabbed a card in store a couple days ago and got the 400 bonus points. It was printed on his receipt.

Well, then, there you go. The thing is, there are different types of 1600 points cards and only 1 has the bonus. At least that is the way it looks online - so just be sure you buy the same one.

#113 mikeworld

mikeworld

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:42 PM

Thanks IO and Daz

#114 xlost4

xlost4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:51 PM

Thanks for letting me know this. I'm about to head out to Best Buy now. I was there already but totally forgot about this deal.

#115 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 10:46 PM

If you want a card shipped instead of having to do an in-store pickup (which is sort of a pain just for this unless you happen to be near a Best Buy for other reasons), there is a 2000 points card with 400 bonus points as well. I used my $10 RZ cert on that one without issues, and have already gotten the 400 points. And the 2000 will get mailed so I don't have to make it to the store this week.

I really regret not getting some cards at Target on BF. I guess I thought that would be much more YMMV than it ended up being. So I was down to 750 points - this was pretty much a must buy with the $10 RZ cert I had to use by tomorrow anyway.

Thanks io. I did the exact same thing you did here with my cert expiring tomorrow.

#116 Mikeatris

Mikeatris

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:14 PM

Kinda sucks that the cert had to be used by today. There was absolutely nothing in Best Buy I needed or wanted, so I just got the points. Have not picked up the card yet but the code got emailed to me. 2000 points for $9.99 is a great deal, but already having over 9000 points on Xbox account I was like ughh, more of these LOL.

#117 xlost4

xlost4

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:41 PM

So I went today and got the 1600 points but I didn't see the code on my receipt for 400 points. The CS rep told me its an online only deal or it could show up through email. But I do not see any code on my receipt. According to what Brother Daz said.

#118 thegame85

thegame85

Spicy Curry #30

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:45 PM

So I went today and got the 1600 points but I didn't see the code on my receipt for 400 points. The CS rep told me its an online only deal or it could show up through email. But I do not see any code on my receipt. According to what Brother Daz said.

Same. I bought a normal card today with my expiring $10 off cert

#119 Brother Daz

Brother Daz

Scotch and yes?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2013 - 11:51 PM

I'm just relaying info from my buddy. He did say he also received a email with the code. This was last Thursday when he purchased it.

BTW he is probably my most trusted friend that I have known for 20 years.

#120 GrimmTrixX

GrimmTrixX

Finish Him!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2013 - 02:08 AM

i guess im in, i need points for Bioshock infinites season pass anyway and adding it to my existing 800 should be enough for Ducktales Remastered when thats out. Thanks! Helps that I have a $20 coupon to BB

bah nevermind. i go to it and it says store pickup only... I assumed it was that they send you a 1600 pts card but then email you the code for the 400 pts. i guess im all set with this then. lame

Edited by GrimmTrixX, 02 April 2013 - 03:04 AM.
2nd thought

XBL/PSN: GrimmTrixX
Currently Playing

:xb1: Dead Rising 3

:ps3: The Last of Us
:wiiu: Mario Kart 8
:3ds: Kirby Triple Deluxe