The Walking Dead Survival Instinct (360) $29.99 on BestBuy.com

Young Deezy

Banned
Just bought it from BB.com for $30. It was $16.30 total for me since I used a $15 giftcard. Good deal for any Walking Dead fans out there even if the reviews were mediocre.

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']That's the one review ABOVE a 5/10. And to be honest I've never heard of them.[/QUOTE]

She has boobs

I rented this game and am currently playing throught it because i am a huge WD fan and I'd have to say its not as bad as everyone is portraying on the Internet.

No, it's not a AAA release but I like the "stealth" tactics it allows you to use and it does make you feel like your part of the show and looking for supplies while trying to avoid the zombie hordes when your in towns. Plus nothing feels better than killing a zombie with the crossbow and then pulling the arrow out of their eye and reloading it and killing another even before they know your there.

That being said, the story is lacking in areas and the game feels a little repetitive by the time u get near the end.

Overall it's a solid game though that I feel any walking dead fan should play through once (especially if you like Darryl or Meryl). I would not recommend buying this thought until it hits $10-15.

[quote name='Young Deezy']She has boobs[/QUOTE]

As do most of the Giant Bomb guys, but they gave it 1 star out of 5.

$2 at Redbox but all they stock is 360 version. 1 day is all you'll need, want! Lol

I saw that video last week, 1:30 and 3:10 for the best parts. I still wanna play it though... ;) TWD whore.

Really wish they included the WiiU version, honestly can't see why they didn't..if they had and I could have used the discount code I would have bought it. Want to get it on WiiU to build up the library and since there is no online with the game, doesn't matter if my friends pick it up or not..

I predict this hitting $10 within the next two months and that'll still be 5 bucks too much.

Just saw Rewards members get a other $10 off. $20 and it hasn't even been out for a month yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Young Deezy']She has boobs[/QUOTE]

all the reason not to trust the review

[quote name='Brash_Attack']I predict this hitting $10 within the next two months and that'll still be 5 bucks too much.

Just saw Rewards members get a other $10 off. $20 and it hasn't even been out for a month yet.[/QUOTE]

$10 off is for the other walking dead game, not this one.

[quote name='Namerson']Posted this video in the weekly ads but I might as well post it here as well so people will know. This game is just a quick cash in because of how popular TWD is getting. Don't give them your money.[/QUOTE]
That is hilarious. The zombies just don't seem all that interested in eating Daryl. :lol:

Best part is how he holds the knife the same way he holds the rifle. With the left hand just there... holding nothing.

[quote name='ShadowNYC']I'll pick it up when it's $5.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it looks pretty bad, but I'm still enough of a fan that I would probably pay $10 new for it. I would be willing to pay $5 used for it though.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']$10 off is for the other walking dead game, not this one.[/QUOTE]

Oops. Very right you are. Either way, I rented this game for $2 from Redbox and I still feel ripped off.

[quote name='loc0bob']I rented this game and am currently playing throught it because i am a huge WD fan and I'd have to say its not as bad as everyone is portraying on the Internet.

No, it's not a AAA release but I like the "stealth" tactics it allows you to use and it does make you feel like your part of the show and looking for supplies while trying to avoid the zombie hordes when your in towns. Plus nothing feels better than killing a zombie with the crossbow and then pulling the arrow out of their eye and reloading it and killing another even before they know your there.

That being said, the story is lacking in areas and the game feels a little repetitive by the time u get near the end.

Overall it's a solid game though that I feel any walking dead fan should play through once (especially if you like Darryl or Meryl). I would not recommend buying this thought until it hits $10-15.[/QUOTE]

I feel the exact same way. I got it for $37 from Amazon and it's really not even remotely close to as bad as people say. Even in this very thread, people complain about some of the dumbest things. "Daryl holds the knife the same as the rifle." How does this affect gameplay? There's nothing broken about the combat. Could it be better? Probably. But all of the weapons work as intended. There are collision issues when you're hiding behind cover, but I've had those same problems in Dead Island and Call of Duty. Not to say this game is on the level of either of those...but it's definitely not broken.

"The zombies don't seem that interested in eating Daryl." Yeah, if you're smart enough to approach them one at a time, you're mostly fine (as pretty much every other person in any other zombie medium has been). But get surrounded by a group of 5-6 and you're in trouble. I invite anybody who disputes this to enter the Morgue in the hospital and just start firing shots carelessly.

The other complaint I've read is "the game is only like 4 hours long". What freaking speed are these people running through the levels without showing any restraint or tact? If you play the game at all as it was intended (ie. sneaking up on zombies and executing them from behind, sniping them with the crossbow, searching for the collectibles, etc) you should EASILY log 10 hours.

The only legitimate complaint I have with the game is that after you beat it, there isn't a "level select" option. This means that any collectible or achievement that you missed...you've got to play through the entire game again to get back to it. To me, that's a real complaint. Not "hehe...Daryl's holding the gun wrong!"

I would also agree that the locations get very repetitive. The idea of stopping to scavenge for supplies along the road becomes a bit of a chore because there's really only a handful of different settings (garage, neighborhood, highway, campsite, etc). Those are areas where I feel like the developer got especially lazy and it hurts the gameplay a bit. As a TWD fan though, I still think the game is pretty enjoyable, and as loc0bob mentioned, sniping zombies with a crossbow and then pulling the bolt out of their skull is incredibly satisfying.

I can't believe that amazon is still giving $31.05 as a TIV.

I'm thinking about picking it up just so I can convert some RZ certs to Amazon credit and get a free rental out of it

How the hell call you log 10 hours "easy"? I played through the whole game stealth, stopped and searched for supplies every chance I got, always took the longer route, looked for car keys, looked for survival optional missions, etc and still beat the game in less than 5 hours.

I've been a fan of the series since the comics and this show seems more like a slap in the face of fans than anything. It was a disgusting cash grab that could have been decent with at least another year of development.

[quote name='Brash_Attack']How the hell call you log 10 hours "easy"? I played through the whole game stealth, stopped and searched for supplies every chance I got, always took the longer route, looked for car keys, looked for survival optional missions, etc and still beat the game in less than 5 hours.

I've been a fan of the series since the comics and this show seems more like a slap in the face of fans than anything. It was a disgusting cash grab that could have been decent with at least another year of development.[/QUOTE]

According to Raptr, I logged 20 hours in the game last week. Now, I have a one year old to take care of, so I do leave my Xbox idle a good amount of time. But I figured half of that was a fair estimate. I just know that I read complaints of how "short" the game was, so I was expecting really quick levels. And most of them felt longer than expected. I don't know. Maybe I cleared out more zombies than a lot of people did. I used the advanced machete for a lot of the game (until I got the crossbow anyway). I really tried not to use firearms unless I had to because I wanted the game to feel more like the comics.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']I feel the exact same way. I got it for $37 from Amazon and it's really not even remotely close to as bad as people say. Even in this very thread, people complain about some of the dumbest things. "Daryl holds the knife the same as the rifle." How does this affect gameplay? There's nothing broken about the combat. Could it be better? Probably. But all of the weapons work as intended. There are collision issues when you're hiding behind cover, but I've had those same problems in Dead Island and Call of Duty. Not to say this game is on the level of either of those...but it's definitely not broken.

"The zombies don't seem that interested in eating Daryl." Yeah, if you're smart enough to approach them one at a time, you're mostly fine (as pretty much every other person in any other zombie medium has been). But get surrounded by a group of 5-6 and you're in trouble. I invite anybody who disputes this to enter the Morgue in the hospital and just start firing shots carelessly.

The other complaint I've read is "the game is only like 4 hours long". What freaking speed are these people running through the levels without showing any restraint or tact? If you play the game at all as it was intended (ie. sneaking up on zombies and executing them from behind, sniping them with the crossbow, searching for the collectibles, etc) you should EASILY log 10 hours.

The only legitimate complaint I have with the game is that after you beat it, there isn't a "level select" option. This means that any collectible or achievement that you missed...you've got to play through the entire game again to get back to it. To me, that's a real complaint. Not "hehe...Daryl's holding the gun wrong!"

I would also agree that the locations get very repetitive. The idea of stopping to scavenge for supplies along the road becomes a bit of a chore because there's really only a handful of different settings (garage, neighborhood, highway, campsite, etc). Those are areas where I feel like the developer got especially lazy and it hurts the gameplay a bit. As a TWD fan though, I still think the game is pretty enjoyable, and as loc0bob mentioned, sniping zombies with a crossbow and then pulling the bolt out of their skull is incredibly satisfying.[/QUOTE]

Did you even watch the video I posted on the first page? It highlights so many things wrong with the game. Why do people feel that they have to defend a cheap cash-in? If any fans of the show really wanted to know what happens (it's a shitty story) you can just read the plot on a wiki or something. This game was made in about 6 months and reviewers had to go out and purchase the game because Activision knew it was crap and didn't bother sending anybody review copies. They just wanted to make some quick money because of TWD's popularity. That's all it is. Also, playing the game as intended? Are you kidding me? Call of Juarez: The Cartel even got better reviews.

[quote name='Namerson']Did you even watch the video I posted on the first page? It highlights so many things wrong with the game. Why do people feel that they have to defend a cheap cash-in? If any fans of the show really wanted to know what happens (it's a shitty story) you can just read the plot on a wiki or something. This game was made in about 6 months and reviewers had to go out and purchase the game because Activision knew it was crap and didn't bother sending anybody review copies. They just wanted to make some quick money because of TWD's popularity. That's all it is. Also, playing the game as intended? Are you kidding me? Call of Juarez: The Cartel even got better reviews.[/QUOTE]

Im defending it because I'm tired of people watching a short video that highlights a games flaws and immediately writing it off as a piece of crap without even playing it.

You can probably take any video game ever made and make a 2 minute long video showing glitches and problems with said game if you tried hard enough.

Is this game a cash grab? Yes. Does it have problems? Yes. Is worthy of a purchase? Probably not. Is it as bad as everyone is portraying it in this thread? Not even close. It's equivalent to a "B" movie for me. Yes it has flaws and isnt a AAA release but I've enjoyed my time with it and I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10.

As far as length I think people are exaggerating a little bit. I've searched fully through all areas including breakdowns and taken down most of the zombies in all the areas ive traveled through and altogether it took around 7-10 hours. Anybody who does it in under 5 is probably trying to fly through the game.

[quote name='loc0bob']I rented this game and am currently playing throught it because i am a huge WD fan and I'd have to say its not as bad as everyone is portraying on the Internet.

Overall it's a solid game though that I feel any walking dead fan should play through once (especially if you like Darryl or Meryl). I would not recommend buying this thought until it hits $10-15.[/QUOTE]
Yeah good bargain bin game it feels more like a high budget xbla game.

[quote name='MrNinjaSquirrel']Where are all the reviews for this? I never saw any on IGN, or heard much of anything about it. I guess that would explain the price though:lol:[/QUOTE]

you can always got to youtube and watch the review that gamespot made.

==
I'll buy when its $15 and below

[quote name='loc0bob']Im defending it because I'm tired of people watching a short video that highlights a games flaws and immediately writing it off as a piece of crap without even playing it.

You can probably take any video game ever made and make a 2 minute long video showing glitches and problems with said game if you tried hard enough.

Is this game a cash grab? Yes. Does it have problems? Yes. Is worthy of a purchase? Probably not. Is it as bad as everyone is portraying it in this thread? Not even close. It's equivalent to a "B" movie for me. Yes it has flaws and isnt a AAA release but I've enjoyed my time with it and I'd give it a solid 7 out of 10.

As far as length I think people are exaggerating a little bit. I've searched fully through all areas including breakdowns and taken down most of the zombies in all the areas ive traveled through and altogether it took around 7-10 hours. Anybody who does it in under 5 is probably trying to fly through the game.[/QUOTE]
But you are 5 staring a 1-2 star game like people do on imdb just to raise it cause does not match your score. I recommend for 5-10 for twd fans. But hell some people love 1 star movies and in there top 10. To each there own...

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']But you are 5 staring a 1-2 star game like people do on imdb just to raise it cause does not match your score. I recommend for 5-10 for twd fans. But hell some people love 1 star movies and in there top 10. To each there own...[/QUOTE]

Lol...or that 5 star rating is his opinion of the game, and calling it a 1-2 star game is your opinion. You know, 'cause opinions are subjective and what not.

All I know is that when someone defends a game by more or less saying "It's not as bad as it could be!", I usually take that as a sign to avoid it.

Loved the Telltale game, but as someone who's never watched the show and only read the comics, I have even more reason to pass this up.

[quote name='MR_E']Lol...or that 5 star rating is his opinion of the game, and calling it a 1-2 star game is your opinion. You know, 'cause opinions are subjective and what not.[/QUOTE]
So is my opinion you like to troll. You seem not to comprehend what i was saying so my opinion you are Trolling seems likely. Thanks my list of ignored Trolls was getting lonely.

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']So is my opinion you like to troll. You seem not to comprehend what i was saying so my opinion you are Trolling seems likely. Thanks my list of ignored Trolls was getting lonely.[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you be praising the ps3 in an xbox thread troll? Seems like its all you do anyway.

[quote name='Namerson']Did you even watch the video I posted on the first page? It highlights so many things wrong with the game. Why do people feel that they have to defend a cheap cash-in? If any fans of the show really wanted to know what happens (it's a shitty story) you can just read the plot on a wiki or something. This game was made in about 6 months and reviewers had to go out and purchase the game because Activision knew it was crap and didn't bother sending anybody review copies. They just wanted to make some quick money because of TWD's popularity. That's all it is. Also, playing the game as intended? Are you kidding me? Call of Juarez: The Cartel even got better reviews.[/QUOTE]

Did I watch the video? LMAO...wtf??? I PLAYED the game, dude. Doesn't something feel a little off about your logic there? I'm just reiterating the same points that loc0bob has been making. It's not as bad of a game as people (or videos looking to flame) are making it out to be. That's not saying "Ha...it could be worse." It does some things well...and is very enjoyable in certain parts.

I don't think any game deserves a 2/10 unless it's fundamentally broken or unplayable. If people are looking at this expecting Mass Effect, you're in the wrong place. I would recommend this game to the same people who enjoyed games like Deadly Premonition or 50 Cent: Blood in the Sand...people who are willing to try games that the "cool kids" don't bother to look at. Every game I play doesn't need to be a 9.95/10. I enjoyed it for what it is. I'm sorry that that's just unacceptable to some of you.

I Look forward to any mention of Walking Dead Survival Instinct turning into threads like this almost immediately.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Did I watch the video? LMAO...wtf??? I PLAYED the game, dude.[/QUOTE]

Did you get to play the horde mode DLC by any chance? Is there much backstory given on the brothers? I almost rented it tonight but with the show itself and Game of Thrones I know I wouldn't get much time in.

To the other poster, yea same day as Gears which was horrible timing for a shooter but Merle was dieing that weekend soooooo. Also released with $49.99 MSRP.

bread's done
Back