Best Buy - 3DS Game Sale - Fire Emblem: Awakening $29.99 + More

• Please log in to reply
260 replies to this topic

#151 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:14 AM

It was backordered for a few months, it is one of the highest-rated games released this year, and this is the lowest that it has ever gotten. It barely dropped $5 a few days ago and now it dropped $10.

#152 SelmaBlair

SelmaBlair

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:16 AM

Is Fire Emblem that great of a deal, is it really hard to find or something? Is it not expected to dip down to $20 eventually? It just came out a few months ago so it seems like a fine deal for a fairly recent game, but $10 off didn't immediately strike me as amazing. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Apparently people say it's hard to find even though it's been readily available pretty much everywhere since it came out.

#153 bruceg

bruceg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

It's still readily available at my local stores and on amazon (999+ copies last time I checked), so I'm holding out for a lower price on FE.

#154 Stellar Inertia

Stellar Inertia

Completionist

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:25 AM

I guess I am the only one who hates FE and dont get what all the hype is about. :roll:

512847.png

#155 IronChariot

IronChariot

In My Country There Is Problem

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

How is MK7?

And has there been a better price on it?

I was disappointed. The courses don't have enough shortcuts, and there just isn't enough new. Online is kind of fun, but it could really use voice chat. I know that it has been $29.99 before, but I'm not sure if it's been lower. Maybe on eBay.

#156 Chrushev

Chrushev

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

I guess I am the only one who hates FE and dont get what all the hype is about. :roll:

Someone started spreading rumors of FE being hard to get. Fact of the matter is that its been readily available in almost every store since launch, those that dont have it are stores that stock only 2-5 copies of games, and even they tend to get restocked within a week.

You can still fire emblem games from years past without any problem either. Its just a rumor mill.

Game is great tho. But shouldnt be a problem to get it at 19.99$ later this year.

#157 theclaw

theclaw

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

This is more of a fanservice pack, than traditional FE. Tons of downloadable guests from previous games who have relatively little plot relevance.

#158 Yars

Yars

I'd buy that for a dollar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

Is Fire Emblem that great of a deal, is it really hard to find or something? Is it not expected to dip down to $20 eventually? It just came out a few months ago so it seems like a fine deal for a fairly recent game, but $10 off didn't immediately strike me as amazing. Maybe there is something I'm missing.

Part of it's because it's a really solid game. The other part is that it's published by Nintendo and their more popular titles take a while to drop to $20. Some people seemed to get pretty excited by the fact that the game was recently available for just $5 off. It could very well hit $20 at some point later this year in a flash sale but I can't imagine it'd stay in stock for very long at that price. If Metroid Prime & Xenoblade has shown us anything it's that Nintendo's not afraid to occasionally pull a title well before the demand has been met.

#159 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me SeƱor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

I've been waiting for the used copy to go back g for shipping, but i've only seen it once, so I may jump on this deal. Hopefully it's still up on sunday.

#160 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

You can still fire emblem games from years past without any problem either. Its just a rumor mill.

Where? Radiant dawn? Path of radiance? Even shadow dragon is tough to find at msrp.

Easy to find and cheap aren't the same thing.

#161 247

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:21 AM

Shadow Dragon is the only one you can find for a decent price.

#162 oregon

oregon

CAG Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:27 AM

Is it wrong imma wait till 20$ FE?

#163 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Where? Radiant dawn? Path of radiance? Even shadow dragon is tough to find at msrp.

Easy to find and cheap aren't the same thing.

Maybe it's in a location where people speak a pidgin.

#164 Megafrog

Megafrog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

Fire Emblem Score!!!

#165 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

My $5 reward zone certificate won't apply.. wtf..

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#166 MR_E

MR_E

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:46 AM

Any thoughts on Scribblenauts Unlimited?

It's decent, but I sort of liked the level/menu layout style and sandbox of the first 2 better. This one actually includes a story and sort of lays everything out in an overworld with separate towns/areas where you talk to people to do quests for them and stuff (main star quests being the typical ones like the other games and some simpler partial-star quests often being really easy like just creating one object). Overall, so far, the quests have either been pretty simple or, occasionally, annoying because they aren't descriptive enough in what they're looking for.

It's also probably the first time in a Scribblenauts game where I've repeatedly found myself getting annoyed because of the limited vocabulary instead of impressed by all the stuff included...or, in some cases, being annoyed at words being removed because of censorship or keeping things kid-friendly.

That's not to say it's a bad game by any means...and it's probably worth the $20 (which is what I paid for it at a past Target sale). I just, personally, thought Super Scribblenauts was better.

#167 flameofdoom666

flameofdoom666

3D Dot Game Link!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:50 AM

It's decent, but I sort of liked the level/menu layout style and sandbox of the first 2 better. This one actually includes a story and sort of lays everything out in an overworld with separate towns/areas where you talk to people to do quests for them and stuff (main star quests being the typical ones like the other games and some simpler partial-star quests often being really easy like just creating one object). Overall, so far, the quests have either been pretty simple or, occasionally, annoying because they aren't descriptive enough in what they're looking for.

It's also probably the first time in a Scribblenauts game where I've repeatedly found myself getting annoyed because of the limited vocabulary instead of impressed by all the stuff included...or, in some cases, being annoyed at words being removed because of censorship or keeping things kid-friendly.

That's not to say it's a bad game by any means...and it's probably worth the $20 (which is what I paid for it at a past Target sale). I just, personally, thought Super Scribblenauts was better.

Off topic: I would get the Wii U version over the 3DS version as it is superior with the word builder.

These are the games that I am currently playing:

:wiiu: NES Remix
:3ds: Batman Arkham Origins: Blackgate

Here is a direct link to my trade list.

#168 thewaspinator

thewaspinator

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

PC Scribblenauts is the best thanks to the workshop and all of the stuff people add to it.

#169 robwhois

robwhois

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

ordered fire emblem from amazon 2 days ago, and got the refund of 5 bucks today for the price change.

#170 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

If i have a digital copy of 3d land is there a way i can transfer my saved game to the physical copy? Planning on getting 3d land for the collection. Thanks

No you can do a 1-time transfer from physical to digital via a Nintendo app but not the other way around.

#171 mask-air-raid

mask-air-raid

Mr. Encyclopedia of Soda

• Banned

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:50 AM

I ordered my Awakening yesterday and the representative didn't want to give me the $5.

I got it in the end, but it took a very long time.

#172 af7lm

af7lm

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 03:55 AM

Picked up Mario Kart and Fire Emblem. Threw in a preorder for Animal Crossing for good measure...

Posted Image

#173 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:12 AM

Was hoping to find Monster Hunter in this sale : /

#174 raiden_86

raiden_86

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:39 AM

it says not available for shipping on FE, in store pick up only?

EDIT: figured it out, got FE and Art academy.

Edited by raiden_86, 16 May 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#175 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:44 AM

My $5 reward zone certificate won't apply.. wtf..

This can happen if you're trying to copy and paste it.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#176 CAGkrazy

CAGkrazy

Posted 16 May 2013 - 06:28 AM

No you can do a 1-time transfer from physical to digital via a Nintendo app but not the other way around.

Thanks for the info. Ill gues il be sticking to my digital copy then and wait for a better physical copy deal on 3d land down the road.

#177 RCizzle65

RCizzle65

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:01 AM

Thanks OP, picked up Fire Emblem, I was sort of hoping to pick it up at $20 but that probably won't be for a long long long time.

#178 Ferrari Racer

Ferrari Racer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

My Fire Emblem got ****ing backordered <_<

#179 blondish

blondish

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:34 PM

I jumped on Mario Cart, OOT, and FE. I really wanted the DD for Kingdom Hearts but will be trying the in-stock option in store and PM at Target. :)

#180 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:51 PM

Was tempted on Scribblenauts.... but then remembered I'll be in a different country starting next Friday... Donkey Kong Country... heeey---oooh. Right guys? Guys?

Dill The Noise.

471350.png champloo4.png