GGT 240 riots at Xbox One Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='GUNNM']What's with the weird breaks with TMNT? They show one new episode and then take a break for 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

Is that show even good?

Like, does Leo even use his Katana's to actually cut things?

[quote name='Indignate']Is that show even good?

Like, does Leo even use his Katana's to actually cut things?[/QUOTE]
Yes its a good show but it has that x-men feel Leo only cuts things that are robots and doors. Its a little edgy for a child's cartoon Ralph dismembered a robot arm and used it to barricade a door

[quote name='GUNNM']MegaMan legends 3 announced at microsoft conference being made by platinum games![/QUOTE]
I'd like this.

[quote name='Indignate']I want to believe that Joel showed up just to make the thread.[/QUOTE]
Maybe? I was actually around. Been crazy busy today, though.

[quote name='panzerfaust']chris g lives off this stuff though, ya? don't other top players have jobs and shit?[/QUOTE]

fuck that, you're not a top player unless it is your job.

Forget "playing to win." It's all about playing for rent and groceries.

[quote name='panzerfaust']chris g lives off this stuff though, ya? don't other top players have jobs and shit?[/QUOTE]
It seems a majority of them do have jobs. Chris G is the exception. Marlin barely even plays marvel anymore because of his job and he was considered one of the best last year.

Why is floe sponsored by EG?

[quote name='GUNNM']I would love to get paid to play metal gear for money[/QUOTE]

So ... you want to be a game tester?

[quote name='distgfx']So ... you want to be a game tester?[/QUOTE]
Well game testing sounds fun but you don't always game test the games you love. I aint game testing dragon's dogma

[quote name='Indignate']I stay until the end of Spooky streams just to be freed.[/QUOTE]
Of course or you're stuck forever in his stream.

[quote name='GUNNM']Well game testing sounds fun but you don't always game test the games you love. I aint game testing dragon's dogma

Of course or you're stuck forever in his stream.[/QUOTE]

Oh, it's not exactly fun either, depending on the game.
I'm sure you could end up hating your most beloved game if they forced you to play one level over and over and over and over and over and over and test monotonous shit like clipping/object boundries, etc.
I'm a software tester and there's no way in hell you could pay me to test video games. It would ruin my hobby, I'm certain of it.

I picked up a year of PS+, so I can now play any of the Vita/PS3 games they give out on their with some of you guys if you ever want, I've been enjoying WipEout so far as that's the only game I've tried.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']They've just been sooo... uh... determined to replace the Wii and become an entertainment center instead of a gaming console that the last two exclusives that people cared about were Gears: Judgement and Halo 4 and I'm not sure either lived up to the hype (they certainly didn't do much for me; I'm not into Halo and Judgement was the first Gears game I didn't buy at launch [and have no interest in playing still] since I've owned a 360).

Combine that with the pay to play online, some of the ridiculous rumours about the new console's features, etc... since I have no stake in it, I'm hoping for laughs. But if it's actually good, that'd be the *shock* part that would also be acceptible to me. ;)
[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I personally really enjoyed Halo 4 myself, Gears Judgement was definitely a little different, I do have it though and had some fun with it. As for the entertainment side of things, yeah I do wish they would focus more on just games but I find myself using the other features anyways so it's kind of nice, just wish they didn't put as much attention on them. Paying to play online isn't exactly the best either but my online experience has been far better on Xbox/360 over the other consoles that I don't mind it since it's not like it is super expensive, especially if you wait for deals/promos, that and I like the controller better plus playing online with my friends who are all mainly on 360.

[quote name='BlueScrote']I really want them to come out swinging, just because competition is good for the industry.[/QUOTE]

This as well, can't go wrong with competition, gotta make it so all of the companies are always on the tip of their feet working towards something that makes them stand out.

[quote name='MoCiWe']I picked up a year of PS+, so I can now play any of the Vita/PS3 games they give out on their with some of you guys if you ever want, I've been enjoying WipEout so far as that's the only game I've tried.

Fair enough, I personally really enjoyed Halo 4 myself, Gears Judgement was definitely a little different, I do have it though and had some fun with it. As for the entertainment side of things, yeah I do wish they would focus more on just games but I find myself using the other features anyways so it's kind of nice, just wish they didn't put as much attention on them. Paying to play online isn't exactly the best either but my online experience has been far better on Xbox/360 over the other consoles that I don't mind it since it's not like it is super expensive, especially if you wait for deals/promos, that and I like the controller better plus playing online with my friends who are all mainly on 360.

This as well, can't go wrong with competition, gotta make it so all of the companies are always on the tip of their feet working towards something that makes them stand out.[/QUOTE]

My online experience with PS3 has been more than adequate. Especially since it costs me nothing. And the benefits I get from paying for PS+, now more than ever with a Vita and a PS3, dwarf anything XBL has ever given me or done for me. The only reason I even have a gold account at the moment was I had a 12 month code laying around from when I had gotten it for $25 or whatever and I used it so I could play Borderlands 2 with one of my friends. Now if Sony changes their mind on online structure for PS4 and requires a sub to play? fuck that. I feel much better about getting core function free and paying for additional benefits than having a company hold a core component of many games hostage if I don't pay a subscription fee.

And I wasn't saying Halo 4 sucked or Gears Judgement sucked or anything... I wouldn't know, as I haven't played them. I don't think Gears Judgment sold particularly well and while Halo 4 seemed to have a positive buzz, I haven't heard a lot of people talking about it like people used to talk about Halo/Halo 2.

The comment's real point was more of my way of saying that it seems MS doesn't really have many "keystone" franchises these days and they haven't really put out a lot of quality first party stuff. Even if you consider Halo 4 or Gears Judgment raging successes, when was the last time MS put out anything first party that drove a bunch of hype and sales? Gears 3? Halo Reach? They tried with Fable, but I don't think that was a resounding success. I guess they have Forza? The focus has shifted away from gaming at it's core and they've seemingly been happy with Kinect + casuals + Netflix/etc. I mean, when it's possible you're making $60 a year off casuals that mainly watch Netflix or some equivalent streaming service -- if you can get a high number of that, why would you spend millions on first party software? Add to that the sales of CoD because you have a high install base and use some of that money to get the maps first on XBL and it's more sales and less reason to really try to bring out those killer first party titles, I think.

Anyway, yeah, I hope it's good. I hope they pull some crazy shit. I hope they announce Killer Instinct 3 and it looks amazing. But I don't expect it, so I'll have a nice surprise if they actually bring their A game.

Saw Star Trek again tonight.

Whatever, it's pretty great. I hope J.J. Abrams does to Star Wars what he did to Star Trek aka make it good.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My online experience with PS3 has been more than adequate. Especially since it costs me nothing. And the benefits I get from paying for PS+, now more than ever with a Vita and a PS3, dwarf anything XBL has ever given me or done for me. The only reason I even have a gold account at the moment was I had a 12 month code laying around from when I had gotten it for $25 or whatever and I used it so I could play Borderlands 2 with one of my friends. Now if Sony changes their mind on online structure for PS4 and requires a sub to play? fuck that. I feel much better about getting core function free and paying for additional benefits than having a company hold a core component of many games hostage if I don't pay a subscription fee.

And I wasn't saying Halo 4 sucked or Gears Judgement sucked or anything... I wouldn't know, as I haven't played them. I don't think Gears Judgment sold particularly well and while Halo 4 seemed to have a positive buzz, I haven't heard a lot of people talking about it like people used to talk about Halo/Halo 2.

The comment's real point was more of my way of saying that it seems MS doesn't really have many "keystone" franchises these days and they haven't really put out a lot of quality first party stuff. Even if you consider Halo 4 or Gears Judgment raging successes, when was the last time MS put out anything first party that drove a bunch of hype and sales? Gears 3? Halo Reach? They tried with Fable, but I don't think that was a resounding success. I guess they have Forza? The focus has shifted away from gaming at it's core and they've seemingly been happy with Kinect + casuals + Netflix/etc. I mean, when it's possible you're making $60 a year off casuals that mainly watch Netflix or some equivalent streaming service -- if you can get a high number of that, why would you spend millions on first party software? Add to that the sales of CoD because you have a high install base and use some of that money to get the maps first on XBL and it's more sales and less reason to really try to bring out those killer first party titles, I think.

Anyway, yeah, I hope it's good. I hope they pull some crazy shit. I hope they announce Killer Instinct 3 and it looks amazing. But I don't expect it, so I'll have a nice surprise if they actually bring their A game.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, I will agree that most of the new exclusives aren't getting as much buzz as the older ones but for me as long as I enjoy the games I'm happy. I guess at the same time I really only buy exclusives on the other systems and stick with buying most multiplatforms on my 360, so due to that I use it a lot more as well. I'm happy I have all the systems though since they all are better then the others in certain ways, I'm definitely not saying I prefer paying to be able to play online, but I guess it's not as big of a deal to me that I do, and as you pointed out it's obviously working out for Microsoft so they aren't going to change it anytime soon.

It's probably a little ridiculous, but I'm really stoked for tomorrow morning! WOOOO! XBOX PRESSER! Can't wait to see what I'm not buying for 6-12 months after release date!

Of all the major console-holders, I think Microsoft has the most to prove. A lot of Microsoft's recent game-related decisions have been extremely questionable. (Windows 8's interface, letting Bungie go, 1st party development in general, and discontinuing XNA) I need to hear some positive trends in tomorrow's announcements, not just game reveals.

In particular, I need to hear about Microsoft's plans for expanded first-party development, specific hardware announcements to encourage third-party development, and something related to a new, improved version of XNA.

[quote name='Richard Kain']Of all the major console-holders, I think Microsoft has the most to prove[/QUOTE]
Yup there really isn't a point into owning a xbox over PS anymore. Unless you really really like halo and think that people can fly will make a competent gears of war 4 (which they won't) PS seems to have the better exclusives right now

Supossedly MS has dropped a ton of cash for exclusives, but don't expect to see most if any of those until E3, even they have said this event is for the hardware and E3 is where they will show off games.

[quote name='GUNNM']What's with the weird breaks with TMNT? They show one new episode and then take a break for 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]
Nickelodeon do this to all of their shows. Sometimes they play a week of new episodes and won't play anything else for a month or 2.

Trying out Foosball on the Vita since I had it from when I had a month plus trial before, and I went the first like 7 games without getting scored on then read through the trophies and saw one for scoring with the goalkeeper, needless to say, the second trophy in the game I got was for scoring on myself dX. It's kind of a fun little game to play though.

[quote name='sherlock2g']Nickelodeon do this to all of their shows. Sometimes they play a week of new episodes and won't play anything else for a month or 2.[/QUOTE]
TMNT is set to finish in August so I expect a lot more breaks.

[quote name='ActionKazimer']Fooblat v KaneBlueRiver exhibition was insane. That's the Marvel hype I missed.[/QUOTE]
Did you see this balrog supposedly throwing his match against FC so that FC could show off his morrigan team?

This is him showing his new tech
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa_vq8dXUnM

[quote name='CaptainJoel']It's probably a little ridiculous, but I'm really stoked for tomorrow morning! WOOOO! XBOX PRESSER! Can't wait to see what I'm not buying for 6-12 months after release date![/QUOTE]

6-12 months? It took 5 years to get a redesign last time to fix the 360's glaring flaws.
I think I'll be waiting at least 2 years before I even *consider* one. :)

Morning? Which time zone are you in again? if you're CDT, it's at like 12pm. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back