GGT 240 riots at Xbox One Press Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could see myself getting one next gen console this year, no way I'm getting both even if can afford it though.

[quote name='Erad30']4 hour stream of what? It's an hour.[/QUOTE]

Well it's 3-4 hours if you watch the pre-show, show, & post-show. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']My online experience with PS3 has been more than adequate. Especially since it costs me nothing. And the benefits I get from paying for PS+, now more than ever with a Vita and a PS3, dwarf anything XBL has ever given me or done for me. The only reason I even have a gold account at the moment was I had a 12 month code laying around from when I had gotten it for $25 or whatever and I used it so I could play Borderlands 2 with one of my friends. Now if Sony changes their mind on online structure for PS4 and requires a sub to play? fuck that. I feel much better about getting core function free and paying for additional benefits than having a company hold a core component of many games hostage if I don't pay a subscription fee.

And I wasn't saying Halo 4 sucked or Gears Judgement sucked or anything... I wouldn't know, as I haven't played them. I don't think Gears Judgment sold particularly well and while Halo 4 seemed to have a positive buzz, I haven't heard a lot of people talking about it like people used to talk about Halo/Halo 2.

The comment's real point was more of my way of saying that it seems MS doesn't really have many "keystone" franchises these days and they haven't really put out a lot of quality first party stuff. Even if you consider Halo 4 or Gears Judgment raging successes, when was the last time MS put out anything first party that drove a bunch of hype and sales? Gears 3? Halo Reach? They tried with Fable, but I don't think that was a resounding success. I guess they have Forza? The focus has shifted away from gaming at it's core and they've seemingly been happy with Kinect + casuals + Netflix/etc. I mean, when it's possible you're making $60 a year off casuals that mainly watch Netflix or some equivalent streaming service -- if you can get a high number of that, why would you spend millions on first party software? Add to that the sales of CoD because you have a high install base and use some of that money to get the maps first on XBL and it's more sales and less reason to really try to bring out those killer first party titles, I think.

Anyway, yeah, I hope it's good. I hope they pull some crazy shit. I hope they announce Killer Instinct 3 and it looks amazing. But I don't expect it, so I'll have a nice surprise if they actually bring their A game.[/QUOTE]

I said it on my podcast in a 12-minute rant that Judgment is a PoS cash-in of poor quality. I'm not even a big Gears guy but those games always had great campaigns and Judgment was a buggy mess.

There's a reason less than 1k people are playing that online in prime time currently.

[quote name='Luxuria']Thanks for inviting me.

I didn't want to watch it anyways.[/QUOTE]

I guess everything worked out if that's the case.

Deathstroke is going to have playable challenge maps in Arkham Origins. Hopefully he plays more badass than Joker did.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I said it on my podcast in a 12-minute rant that Judgment is a PoS cash-in of poor quality. I'm not even a big Gears guy but those games always had great campaigns and Judgment was a buggy mess.

There's a reason less than 1k people are playing that online in prime time currently.[/QUOTE]

The trade in value at Amazon was 25 cents for a while too. It's back up to $17.25, so dump that shit if any of y'all have it still.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The trade in value at Amazon was 25 cents for a while too. It's back up to $17.25, so dump that shit if any of y'all have it still.[/QUOTE]
That's why I'm trying to beat GOW ascension as fast I can cause the TIV for that is pretty bad too but I'm barely at like chapter 5

[quote name='corrosivefrost']6-12 months? It took 5 years to get a redesign last time to fix the 360's glaring flaws.
I think I'll be waiting at least 2 years before I even *consider* one. :)

Morning? Which time zone are you in again? if you're CDT, it's at like 12pm. :p[/QUOTE]
I think I'll only wait for a price drop and not a full redesign, unless is has some major tech issues. Probably won't even make it that far if they announce Crackdown 3. And you're right, I thought it was way earlier for some reason. Whatever the case, still excited! WOOOOO!

[quote name='BlueScrote']Deathstroke is going to have playable challenge maps in Arkham Origins. Hopefully he plays more badass than Joker did.[/QUOTE]
You know he will, bro. We're talking about one of the most dangerous mercs in all of the DC Universes. The only question I have is will he be voiced by Ron Perlman?

So, been playing Skylanders with my brother since he got the Giants set for his birthday, and I've gotta say that it's actually 4 billion times better than the original. The original seemed very copy+paste with most of the characters and their effects and stuff, but Giants actually seems like they put a good bit of money and time into it. It's even got that old school "Hey, this character couldn't talk in the last game, but since we have a budget now we can pay voice actors" thing where like, all of the characters can talk now. Best thing of all, though? My badass little gangsta shark talks like a black guy (hilarious because I always expected him to sound that way) and whenever he's beating up monsters he constantly repeats the line "WHERE MY 5 DOLLAS?"

[quote name='GUNNM']That's why I'm trying to beat GOW ascension as fast I can cause the TIV for that is pretty bad too but I'm barely at like chapter 5[/QUOTE]

I got it after you, I platinumed it, and already sold it for $30. And that was with a huge derailment of focus called Soul Sacrifice... :rofl:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I got it after you, I platinumed it, and already sold it for $30. And that was with a huge derailment of focus called Soul Sacrifice... :rofl:[/QUOTE]
Everytime I turn on my PS3 I'm like GOW A or NG 2 S and its always NG2. I'm at the part where you ride a giant snake but holy shit platniumed it already? Damn you must really like god of war games I beat 3 and was content at whatever trophies I had.

I'm not even gonna try to platinum MGS 4 I saw some of the requirements and nothx

I already supported them and bought it when it was released, so here, someone can have my code:

quote to see

--

GUNNM, if I want to play a game to get rid of it for maximum trade in value, I focus. So I'd be thinking "I can play NGS2 anytime, since I'll probably keep this, but if I don't play through GoW:A and I plan to finish it, by the time I do, it might be worth $2." :)
And I had 5 other GoW platinums, I felt the compulsion to get the 6th. Most of it wasn't bad... I just had to worry about the "max out Kratos" and the play on hard. I think those were the hardest of all the trophies.

I'm not that excited about the Xbox announcement as I'm in one of those gaming lulls where I'm gaming little and have little interest in picking it up more anytime soon.

If I get a next gen console I'd likely got with the next Xbox unless they screw it up majorly for the simple reason that I vastly prefer that contoller (unless they change it) to the Dual Shock style controllers and have friends who game on Xbox and none really with PS3s who play online.

Exclusives are mostly moot aside from a few things like Halo, Gears, Uncharted etc. as most stuff I play is multiplatform. So it really just comes down to what my friends are gaming on and which controller I like better for me.

I'm likely not going to pick it up anytime soon, but I'm hoping for something that will excite me. I feel like I'm in a gaming rut and very little I see is getting me really excited. I'd like for something to come out and really wow me.

Uraizen, Kazimer, anyone. Wanna play Injustice tomorrow night? Batgirl drops and I'd like to play around with her.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm likely not going to pick it up anytime soon, but I'm hoping for something that will excite me. I feel like I'm in a gaming rut and very little I see is getting me really excited. I'd like for something to come out and really wow me.

Uraizen, Kazimer, anyone. Wanna play Injustice tomorrow night? Batgirl drops and I'd like to play around with her.[/QUOTE]

Build a gaming PC and start a Steam collection. That's what's energizing my gaming - that and my handhelds (mostly my Vita, but my 3DS XL is helping too).
I really hope the Dualshock 4 works well on PC... I'd love to just buy one of those for use with my gaming PC instead of being forced to jerry-rig a PS3 controller or use an xbox 360 controller. This is, of course, assuming I like the Dualshock 4 as much as I like the Dualshock 2 (and Dualshock 3 after real triggers).

[quote name='CaptainJoel']I'm likely not going to pick it up anytime soon, but I'm hoping for something that will excite me. I feel like I'm in a gaming rut and very little I see is getting me really excited. I'd like for something to come out and really wow me.

Uraizen, Kazimer, anyone. Wanna play Injustice tomorrow night? Batgirl drops and I'd like to play around with her.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure I'll be game. I plan on going in on her. She looks like a lot of fun.

What helps my gaming ruts is that I have very little time to game these days. :p

Pokemon X is coming! :whee:

Also, wtf:

ku-medium.gif

[quote name='corrosivefrost']

GUNNM, if I want to play a game to get rid of it for maximum trade in value, I focus. So I'd be thinking "I can play NGS2 anytime, since I'll probably keep this, but if I don't play through GoW:A and I plan to finish it, by the time I do, it might be worth $2." :)
And I had 5 other GoW platinums, I felt the compulsion to get the 6th. Most of it wasn't bad... I just had to worry about the "max out Kratos" and the play on hard. I think those were the hardest of all the trophies.[/QUOTE]
I used to care about achievements but I'm recovering. It's a part of me I'm trying to get over

[quote name='GUNNM']I used to care about achievements but I'm recovering. It's a part of me I'm trying to get over[/QUOTE]
Same. Back when I had more time I was all about being an achievement whore, but these days I don't really go out of my way to get them since I barely have enough time to finish most games.

[quote name='CaptainJoel']Same. Back when I had more time I was all about being an achievement whore, but these days I don't really go out of my way to get them since I barely have enough time to finish most games.[/QUOTE]
Its a more of who gives a shit if you 100%'d a game mentally for me and I don't really game anymore I just buy games and they sit on my shelf unless its a game I really want to play like Resident evil Revelations

I was never a huge achievement whore but I cared about my gamerscore 4/5 years ago. Now I really couldn't care less. Also apparently there will be at least one game tomorrow-Everyone is saying next-gen Fifa will debut.

I'll third that.

I've stopped paying much attention at all to achievements or trophies.

With a 15-20ish game backlog and little time/interest in playing through them right now I mainly just focus on beating games and moving on to something else when I am playing.

Achievements were ok when I didn't have a backlog and wanted to stretch games out more, but not now that I'm feeling a little smothered by a small backlog I'll probably never get through.

I figure I'll just end up laying a couple of games I really want to play in the PS3 backlog and just sell of the system and the other games unplayed and just go back to just having the 360 (maybe swap in new xbox down the road) and Nintendo handheld.

Same boat. I only gun for all achievements/trophies if it's a game I really love now. It's just a game-life extension at this point, and I like it way more that way.

[quote name='GUNNM']No thats me but gunm took my name here so I had to make this one[/QUOTE]

That's right. I'm just a shadow of GUNNM. :cool:

I rarely ever play for achievements only. A couple games I did just because they weren't too difficult and didn't require multiplayer that I wasn't already doing.

Get a Vita and Soul Sacrifice. Ask Frost. He will concur.

Hm, Darkstalkers Resurrection + Super Puzzle Fighter II tomorrow...I might have to get in on that action.

Are those "Ultimate" editions of PSN bundles any good? Seems like a lame way to make you pay full price for stuff because DLC.

[quote name='gunm']Hm, Darkstalkers Resurrection + Super Puzzle Fighter II tomorrow...I might have to get in on that action.

Are those "Ultimate" editions of PSN bundles any good? Seems like a lame way to make you pay full price for stuff because DLC.[/QUOTE]

The MGR bundle for ~$45 is pretty good if it comes with the costumes, sam, and bladewolf.

[quote name='Indignate']I just played the demo in Spanish.

Made it worlds better.[/QUOTE]

Me Gusta

[quote name='panzerfaust']I'm down, releases tonight right?[/QUOTE]

Yup. I wont have it up and running till tomorrow though.

Lame, so you can't unlock co-op until you beat Chapter 3 of the game.

And it is basically arena? They call it Raid Mode.

Hmmm, now I am wondering if this $50 can be spent better...

[quote name='j-cart']So Resident Evil Revelations on PC who is with me?[/QUOTE]
Me.
When it's $20 or less.
[quote name='Indignate']I just played the demo in Spanish.

Made it worlds better.[/QUOTE]
Dos cervezas, por favor.
[quote name='ActionKazimer']I can only see the DmC telemundo mod (Telemundus?) So good.[/QUOTE]
Que mala suerte.

[quote name='hankmecrankme']The trade in value at Amazon was 25 cents for a while too. It's back up to $17.25, so dump that shit if any of y'all have it still.[/QUOTE]

I got $40 for it from GS towards Bioshock 2 months ago.

[quote name='panzerfaust']lol goddammit.

i managed to get a key for $30. but yeah, $50 is pushing it.[/QUOTE]

Quick tell me where you got it from!

[quote name='GUNNM']Wow that's pretty shitty there isn't co-op. You have a co-op partner with you on every campaign[/QUOTE]

So actually the game was designed to be non-story co-op due to taking the game "back to its scary roots". Having a co-op partner would make the game not scary I guess.

[quote name='j-cart']Quick tell me where you got it from!

So actually the game was designed to be non-story co-op due to taking the game "back to its scary roots". Having a co-op partner would make the game not scary I guess.[/QUOTE]
Even if thats the case you still have a AI co op partner following you the whole campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back