gabenfunbux cardz steam steam deals steam cards pc

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12447 replies to this topic

#12301 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

Looking for my padded cell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

I agree that it plays better than the premise sounds, but it's basically a TF2 clone rather than a CoD clone. As much as I enjoy Batman-themed things, if I get the urge to play a multiplayer shoot-'em-up, I figure I'm probably better of sticking with TF2. It has hats.(I also dislike the fact that you have to buy skins for some of the fiction's more interesting characters with real money, instead of being able to unlock them.)

I can see that comparison but it really controls/moves more like CoD.  At least on the controller, all the buttons are exactly the same (and while that's not a huge thing with most PC games letting you rebind keys its pretty noticeable on the controller), also all weapons have aiming down the irons and whatnot...  Also there's no hard classes...  Though it its certainly more class based than CoD.

As for the real money versus unlocks...  Its been far too long but I remember being able to make some pretty silly characters with the unlockable choices.

#12302 Blade

Blade

Butt Blamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:25 PM

Just visited this thread for the first time in quite a while and was quickly reminded why I don't come to CAG for game deals any more. An entire page talking about "pancake nips" smh...

Mind Link hasn't been posting much recently, so we're about 20 gifs short of a real Steam Thread OT.

Earn $10 instantly with Groupon!

We as a community feel that it would be best if you didn't trade on here anymore. Despite your 350 positive transactions, I'm deactivating your account on 99Gamers because you offend me. I'm unrelatable, give poor customer service, and am now taking away your invested time and money because I don't like you.

Best,
Brandon, Owner of 99Gamers.com

#12303 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:32 PM

You know, I'm usually the last person to call a game bad, but Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is testing my patience.  I can get over the sub-par graphics and less than refined gameplay, but that game makes killing zombies quite a chore.  Maybe it's another case of "I'm playing it wrong and I should be using more stealth," but I wouldn't survive a minute of the zombie apocalypse if it was like that game.  Here's hoping it gets better.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12304 bhk

bhk

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:33 PM

OK, I figure I should get these out before the seasonal lurkers CAGs come in in droves.  Quote with what you want and I'll PM you.

I also have keys for the following, but am unsure if they have been redeemed or not...

(All above are keys except Batman which is a HB gift link.)

I also have a GOG gift/key for The Witcher if someone wants that.

Is Shelter still available? if so I'd really like it, thanks!

#12305 Detruire

Detruire

Would have finished the dark skin first

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:38 PM

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

I feel betrayed.

I'm hosting an Indie Gala Depths of Fear group buy. Please PM me if you'd like to reserve a slot.

#12306 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

Here's hoping it gets better.

According to Joe.  It won't....

#12307 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 November 2013 - 05:56 PM

If I took Angry Joe seriously I wouldn't buy any video games ever.  I know a lot of people watch him, but I don't trust reviews from a guy whose shtick is being angry.  He's just looking for an excuse to criticize.

Learn how to get FREE and CHEAP games with Tremorgames: http://www.cheapassg...tremorgamescom/

#12308 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:00 PM

If I took Angry Joe seriously I wouldn't buy any video games ever.  I know a lot of people watch him, but I don't trust reviews from a guy whose shtick is being angry.  He's just looking for an excuse to criticize.

Angry Joe = Mooby?

The conspiracy revealed...

"I wanna choke someone or get choked. I try not to be picky."

#12309 MysterD

MysterD

CAG's "Favorite" Birthday Toaster (34)

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:05 PM

Daily Deal:

Lego: Lord of the Rings = 75% off @ $7.49

Bing Rewards - Referral Link

We don't play games on CAG; we backlog 'em. ;)

No wonder we have no time to play games!

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#12310 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:09 PM

Mind Link hasn't been posting much recently, so we're about 20 gifs short of a real Steam Thread OT.

he been fightign mysterd zombies clones 

You know, I'm usually the last person to call a game bad, but Walking Dead: Survival Instinct is testing my patience.  I can get over the sub-par graphics and less than refined gameplay, but that game makes killing zombies quite a chore.  Maybe it's another case of "I'm playing it wrong and I should be using more stealth," but I wouldn't survive a minute of the zombie apocalypse if it was like that game.  Here's hoping it gets better.

oh rally!

Angry Joe = Mooby?

The conspiracy revealed...

must be!!!

blah mysterdd want that

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#12311 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

I don't know about that much...

...but in this case, Walking Dead: SI got slammed pretty hard:

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

EDIT:

I wonder if Activision ever did a HB, if they'd toss in Walking Dead: SI.

Same goes for Sega w/ Aliens: CM, as well.

All we do is keep buying games; run games idly for cards; keep backlogging games; & talk about games on CAG Forums + gaming forums like it.

#12312 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

blah mysterdd want that

I don't want Lego: LOTR....

{shrug}

#12313 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:14 PM

Oh, really?

GTA V 9/10

Metro Last Light 9/10

Tomb Raider 9/10

He's far from just making angry reviews for the laughs...  

#12314 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:18 PM

I don't know about that much...

...but in this case, Walking Dead: SI got slammed pretty hard:

http://www.metacriti.../critic-reviews

I mean, an angry clock is still right twice a day.  

Oh, really?

He's far from just making angry reviews for the laughs...  

I'm sure he doesn't pan every single game ever, he'd be foolish to do so, but even from those "positive" reviews you posted it seems to me he's the angry video equivalent of game pro, @gamer, etc.  Praise what's popular to praise, bash what's popular to bash.  Like I said, his shtick is being angry, if you don't think that leads to exaggeration and to him fishing for things then you have much more faith in online personalities than I do.  

#12315 icedragon15

icedragon15

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

I don't want Lego: LOTR....

{shrug}

oops i meant mns or neuro my bad u want aj spanky party 

486163.png

76561198028344994.png

where the insane message button do snakey bro spanking you is message that message right eheeh 

They're all message buttons!   :bouncy:

http://cms.fightfort...ure.org/tellfcc

https://en.necessary...take-action/EFF

#12316 cranky2

cranky2

Knight Of The Order Of Cheapassery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:23 PM

Angry Joe's very angry review of Rome II was absolutely spot-on and his pain for what a bunch of douchebags Creative Assembly have become was, I felt, completely authentic.

I have yet to play a LEGO game since a five minute demo.of a shitty Indiana Jones level many years ago. If we ever get a LEGO bundle, however, I am all over it.
I like cheese.

#12317 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'm sure he doesn't pan every single game ever, he'd be foolish to do so, but even from those "positive" reviews you posted it seems to me he's the angry video equivalent of game pro, @gamer, etc.  Praise what's popular to praise, bash what's popular to bash.  Like I said, his shtick is being angry, if you don't think that leads to exaggeration and to him fishing for things then you have much more faith in online personalities than I do.  

Just read MysterD's reviews, instead then! ;)

Link / Cheap Plug:

http://www.xfire.com/blog/mysterd

Thing is - I ain't played The Walking Dead: Survival Instincts yet.

Who knows if I ever will. 

{shoulder shrug}

And I often don't play games upon initial release.

EDIT:

When I read reviews, I read and watch as many as I can. I often will look for certain things, when reading/watching reviews.

Many of those things include - stability; issues; bugs; performance issues; improvements in the series (if the game's in a series); if there's any changes from previous games (if the game's in a series"); "streamlining"; "consolization."

I'm also more lenient on certain things, as well. Generally, I'm a big fan of games - and b/c I play many different games and genres, a game taking a shift in a different direction just might not annoy me as much as it might others. Or, I might see it as a nice change. That can also depends on other things the game does that might be new or better, as well.

Cases in point - my thoughts on TR 2013, Dead Space 3, RE6 and Dragon Age 2 do reflect this.

#12318 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

Agreed. The "guy is angry about stuff" is an old comedy standby that works in situations. The Angry Video Game Nerd is a character used for experiences shared by a generation of kids who played games, though he apparently speaks to a wider audience. When it comes to guys like Angry Joe that turns into feeding the ever expanding group of people who just want to be angry and cynical about every damn game and piece of news. By most accounts Survival Instincts is a bad game, but maybe we don't need to excitedly await the next video rant from a number of personalities who lean on that idea so heavily.

#12319 INMATEofARKHAM

INMATEofARKHAM

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 06:35 PM

*Shrug* I guess this is just were we agree to disagree...  I think he just calls it the way he sees it and just cannot see the whole angry to be angry shtick you see... or the whole Game Pro, @gamer, thing either... 

His video about the ending of Mass Effect 3, probably the closest the video game going public has come to burning down the internet in rage, is probably the most concise, thoughtful, and thought provoking video/article on the subject...

Anyhow, have fun with Survival Instinct. :)

#12320 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:06 PM

Yeah you are actually supposed to try and sneak for most of the game, there's not enough supplies to fight everything.

I played through that when it first came out, and while it's not a good game, it does have some cool ideas that I hope other games with better devs and/or higher budgets implement in their own games.

#12321 Cheaplikeafox OS X

Cheaplikeafox OS X

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:10 PM

Yeah you are actually supposed to try and sneak for most of the game, there's not enough supplies to fight everything.

I played through that when it first came out, and while it's not a good game, it does have some cool ideas that I hope other games with better devs and/or higher budgets implement in their own games.

You know, I was thinking that was probably it.  I suck so bad at those games.  Hated Dishonored because of it, but I'll give this a second try.  

#12322 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:14 PM

You know, I was thinking that was probably it.  I suck so bad at those games.  Hated Dishonored because of it, but I'll give this a second try.  

I'm the same way with stealth gameplay.  But, I like that Dishonored allows you a gunzablazin approach, which will be my next playthough.  My first was a hybrid stealth/action style that was fairly reasonable.

#12323 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

*Shrug* I guess this is just were we agree to disagree...  I think he just calls it the way he sees it and just cannot see the whole angry to be angry shtick you see... or the whole Game Pro, @gamer, thing either... 

His video about the ending of Mass Effect 3, probably the closest the video game going public has come to burning down the internet in rage, is probably the most concise, thoughtful, and thought provoking video/article on the subject...

Anyhow, have fun with Survival Instinct. :)

For those who ain't seen Angry Joe do the 20-minute analysis on ME3 Ending's and you've finished the ME series and do expect SPOILERS galore in the link, open Spoiler Link below....

Spoiler

In regards to ME3, I really loved most of that game. For the most part, it was great. It's just the last 10 minutes of the ME3 base game really suck and do screw-up everything that made the rest of all 3 games so amazing, in the first place. And b/c those last 10 minutes suck, you shouldn't skip ME3. It's namely only the last 10 minutes that really suck.

But, let me say this - a lot of games, I'm not often happy w/ their endings or their ridiculously-illogical plot-twists. Sometimes, they're often predictable and/or too abrupt. Many times, there are either cliffhangers or they leave story-threads and crap hanging often - namely so they can leave it open to do DLC's, expansions, sequels, or whatever. 

A lot of times, these games - it's 95% off the journey that's amazing...just not the ending. For whether trying to be creative, business practices get in the way, cause controversy purposely, or whatever the case might be - it seems to get screwed-up.

#12324 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:21 PM

...snip...

No.  Just no.  The ME3 ending conversation is nearing the likes of forum politics and religion talk.  

Though, I still say the original doesn't suck, lacking maybe.  And until you've played with the Extended Cut, IMO all talk is moot.

#12325 MysterD

MysterD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:28 PM

No.  Just no.  The ME3 ending conversation is nearing the likes of forum politics and religion talk.  

Though, I still say the original doesn't suck, lacking maybe.  And until you've played with the Extended Cut, IMO all talk is moot.

Oh, there's no doubt - ME3 endings lacks closure & explanation.

And that is precisely why I think it sucks.

Of course, I played ME3 before Extended Cut, not after. I've had my ME fill for sometime - so I really have no reason to hop back to ME3 to see what Extended Cut did to change the game.

I think a ME3 ALL DLC Pack or BioWare Points dropping ridiculously in a killer sale might make me change my mind on wanting to revisit ME3 soon - but, I think I might have a better chance of winning the PowerBall lottery.

#12326 Neuro5i5

Neuro5i5

pʎslǝxıɔ

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

I think a ME3 ALL DLC Pack or BioWare Points dropping ridiculously in a killer sale might make me change my mind on wanting to revisit ME3 soon - but, I think I might have a better chance of winning the PowerBall lottery.

Bioware Humble DLC Bundle you say?  I'm down.  

#12327 Jon7

Jon7

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Maybe you'll see that when ME4 is coming out and they want to drum up hype for it. :-P

#12328 Naked Snake Eyes

Naked Snake Eyes

What would Snake do?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:39 PM

The first set of boobs I saw in real life had a ridiculously disproportionate set of pancake nips. A moment that should have be pure joy and puberty enhanced ecstasy ended up being such a letdown. 

I went from  :bouncy: to   :shock:  in about 1.7 seconds

tumblr_mf7lcw9lt01rdernpo1_500.gif

76561197996799113.png

#12329 n8rockerasu

n8rockerasu

Shhh...I'm Invisible

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:09 PM

I don't think it's a great game by any means...but I expected that going in, and I enjoyed it. I will say, it gets much better after you've gotten the crossbow. There's something very satisfying about sniping zombies with the crossbow, watching them drop, and then going to retrieve the bolt out of their skull. Like I said, not a great game...but that's probably the best part of it. It's unfortunate they don't give you the crossbow to start off the game. I don't know if it would have done anything to improve review scores...but people might have been willing to give the game more of a chance.

#12330 MrNinjaSquirrel

MrNinjaSquirrel

Emo Blogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

I know what you mean...  I got both Batman games and the Scribblenauts game when they where all on sale a “few” weeks ago... I don't have the FEAR collection so maybe I'll get the bundle since the original is getting added this week.

I can give you FEAR 2/3, as well as 1 depending on whether or not MysterD can get his stuff sorted ;)

Just visited this thread for the first time in quite a while and was quickly reminded why I don't come to CAG for game deals any more. An entire page talking about "pancake nips" smh...

Clearly you don't realize that Pancake Nips is -75% right now on XXX Games, so it was an entirely on topic and important discussion.

Hey, you look like you have a lot of money; how about donating some of it to my Extra Life drive?