Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Target offering $200 gift card for any iPad which can be used on anything in-store. YMMV.

• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

#151 kikujirobill

kikujirobill

Yakuza Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 05:52 PM

Just got back from Target... had to wait until 11am for the Target Mobile people to show up. Traded first gen 16gb and third gen 16gb, got $200 for both, totalling $400. Then bought an iPad Air for $479' and after. The gift cards paid $79 for a brand new freaking iPad. Unreal. The guy in front of me got a Target Electronics gift card, no hassle.

#152 chronojin

chronojin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

Just got back from Target... had to wait until 11am for the Target Mobile people to show up. Traded first gen 16gb and third gen 16gb, got $200 for both, totalling $400. Then bought an iPad Air for $479' and after. The gift cards paid $79 for a brand new freaking iPad. Unreal. The guy in front of me got a Target Electronics gift card, no hassle.

Did you have to pay tax for the ipad with the gift cards?

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence"

Posted ImagePosted Image

#153 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:31 PM

I just got back from trading my 1st gen iPad.  Got the $200 Target Electronics gift card no issues at all, and didn't have to put down for a new iPad.  

However, the gift card offer when you buy an iPad that is in this week's ad, well my store was only doing the gift cards when you purchase an iPad 2, 3, 4, and 1st gen iPad mini.  Nothing on the new iPad or iPad mini.  So instead of upgrading, I'll just save the $200 for the Xbox 1.

#154 kikujirobill

kikujirobill

Yakuza Enthusiast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Did you have to pay tax for the ipad with the gift cards?

I live in Delaware, so no sales tax for me. I imagine there would be tax on the $479 purchase in states that have sales tax, and then the gift cards would be subtracted from that total.

#155 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:21 PM

I forgot some people, actually, have these laying around.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#156 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

I wish I has one lying around. $200 is a ridiculous price for a gen 1. Knowing you don't have to upgrade, it'd be foolish not to get $200 for it since it's obsolete.

Also, please, stop, abus,ing commas, for Pete,s sake. You don't have to, use, one for ever,y breath.

#grammarpeeve

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#157 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:11 PM

I wish I has one lying around.
#grammarpeeve

:oldman:

#158 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:12 PM

:oldman:

Hahaha doh! I have to blame that one on autocorrect. I knew I should've checked that post. Ever since ios7 I can't type for shit.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#159 stonciddta

stonciddta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 09:48 PM

Do you need to turn a charger as well?

Also, for you that traded it in, did you wipe it yourself or let them do there?

#160 ChunLiBarbie

ChunLiBarbie

Bloogablogglefliddlemliddle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:02 PM

Supposedly, the wording changed on the deal to where it doesn't mention you must put the credit toward an iPad. Saw it on SD.

Ok. Here:http://www.targettradeinprogram.com

For those of you having issues with some of the reps.

Edit:Didn't link how I wanted. Click the red box to the left that has 'Click to learn more'.

Between November 3rd thru 9th visit your local Target Mobility store and trade in any iPad for at least $200 *. To take advantage of this offer simply follow the below steps:

Step 1: Find your local Target mobility store by clicking here and selecting "Target Mobile" under store services.
Step 2: Your device will be appraised in-store at the mobility kiosk.
Step 3: $200 minimum promotional credit will be issued on a Target Trade-In Gift Card and is redeemable in any Target store.

"If you learn how to center yourself, no one can knock you off balance." - Tony Robbins

Because miserable people want others to feel miserable.

Currently Playing: Block_Super_Mario_World.pngSUPER MARIO 3D WORLD!!!!!!!!!!! OMFGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :dunce:  :whee:  Block_Super_Mario_World.png

#161 melvanwau

melvanwau

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:03 PM

Thanks to the original poster! I traded in my generation 1 32 GB iPad (they don't need or want the charger/cables/box) at Target for the $200 credit; any Target that sells phones should be able to accept trade-ins. The phone guy was reluctant to give the credit (a prepaid $200 Mastercard) unless I bought a new iPad in the same transaction, but his manager over-rode this, since they didn’t have the model I wanted in stock--YMMV.

In the end, I had to use the prepaid card at the store to buy a Target gift card so that I could order my new iPad from their website, since the site will only accept 1 credit card per transaction.

#162 sfabo

sfabo

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:13 PM

Thanks to the original poster! I traded in my generation 1 32 GB iPad (they don't need or want the charger/cables/box) at Target for the $200 credit; any Target that sells phones should be able to accept trade-ins. The phone guy was reluctant to give the credit (a prepaid $200 Mastercard) unless I bought a new iPad in the same transaction, but his manager over-rode this, since they didn’t have the model I wanted in stock--YMMV.

In the end, I had to use the prepaid card at the store to buy a Target gift card so that I could order my new iPad from their website, since the site will only accept 1 credit card per transaction.

is it actually a mastercard that can be used at other stores?

Saw it has no mention of MC on the card and the terms on it says only for target

so im conflicted

Do you need to turn a charger as well?

Also, for you that traded it in, did you wipe it yourself or let them do there?

no charger.

i'm sure they do, at some point. but no reason for you not to wipe it yourself.

#163 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:23 PM

Tempted to trade in my iPad 1 64 GB WiFi .. if they make you spend it on a new iPad in that transaction it's a deal breaker for me.
MLIFTgM.gif

#164 AvengedBacklog

AvengedBacklog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:22 PM

my Target mobile was closed today...joy.  Guess I'll hope this is still in effect tomorrow

Want to get in on a FREE HDTV or $440 cash?  Join the Conga Line fun right here through CAG! 

http://www.cheapassg...-in-on-the-fun/

#165 Momouchi

Momouchi

Drowning in backlog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 November 2013 - 11:58 PM

Definitely didn't even get a mention of purchasing an iPad with mine. The deal actually came right up when my guy click on iPad trade-in.

fs_overall.png

#166 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:31 AM

Just got back from trading in an ipad, was incredibly easy and painless.  Ready to go for buy 2 get 1!

#167 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:57 AM

My only issue in trading our iPad 1 in is that my 3 year old son absolutely adores it, it's part of his daily routine. I'd likely get him a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 inch) to replace it for $175 (after tax and employee discount) but I'm not sure he'd take to it since he's so used to how iOS works.

After reading some reviews, it seems the 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is the one to get due to better specs/screen display?

I really want to offload this iPad 1 though while it's fetching $200. No idea what to do. So conflicted.

MLIFTgM.gif

#168 HakurenKyo06

HakurenKyo06

Duane Follower.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:37 AM

Now would probably be the best time to get rid of it.

#169 j-fever

j-fever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:13 AM

IMHO.

Stick with iOS. 

Andriod is great, am I personally prefer it and use my Galaxy Note all the time. But for my kids and family iOS is better, simple to child proof and hassle free.

Get a iPad Mini and you should be set for a long time.

My only issue in trading our iPad 1 in is that my 3 year old son absolutely adores it, it's part of his daily routine. I'd likely get him a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 (7 inch) to replace it for $175 (after tax and employee discount) but I'm not sure he'd take to it since he's so used to how iOS works.

After reading some reviews, it seems the 8 inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is the one to get due to better specs/screen display?

I really want to offload this iPad 1 though while it's fetching $200. No idea what to do. So conflicted.

Last-Gen Kinda Rare Game Topic, way out of date...
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53810

Game TL

http://www.cheapassg...356#post7455356

#170 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:55 AM

IMHO.

Stick with iOS. 

Andriod is great, am I personally prefer it and use my Galaxy Note all the time. But for my kids and family iOS is better, simple to child proof and hassle free.

Get a iPad Mini and you should be set for a long time.

Is the iPad Mini worth spending the $100 to 'upgrade'?

MLIFTgM.gif

#171 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:16 AM

The new one coming out is.

Ees7Y.jpg

#172 knightsdwn

knightsdwn

Beautiful Plastic

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:17 AM

Big improvement over the iPad Gen 1.

I'm actually doing the upgrade from an iPad 32GB Gen 1 to the 16GB iPad Mini for my mom because the Gen 1 has been crashing more and more often. The amount of RAM it has just can't keep up with all the new apps and browsing is difficult if you go to a graphic intensive website.

#173 prayformojo

prayformojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:38 AM

HydroX. The mini already is a big upgrade over Gen 1, but keep in mind this is for a three year old. I was tempted to trade up my Gen 1 iPad that the kids use, but once I figured it would be $300-$400 more even with the trade I re-thought it. Keep what works for you and your kid.

#174 paulgarcia

paulgarcia

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:47 AM

I was able to trade in my Ipad 1 for $200 giftcard!  They didn't pressure me into buying a new ipad with it, they told me that it can be used for anything in the store.

#175 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:22 AM

Ya think? ;)

Big improvement over the iPad Gen 1.

I'm actually doing the upgrade from an iPad 32GB Gen 1 to the 16GB iPad Mini for my mom because the Gen 1 has been crashing more and more often. The amount of RAM it has just can't keep up with all the new apps and browsing is difficult if you go to a graphic intensive website.

Yeah, I noticed ours crashes more often as well. Just outright outdated technology.

HydroX. The mini already is a big upgrade over Gen 1, but keep in mind this is for a three year old. I was tempted to trade up my Gen 1 iPad that the kids use, but once I figured it would be $300-$400 more even with the trade I re-thought it. Keep what works for you and your kid.

Yeah, my fiance and I use it every now and then when we don't want to break out the laptop. Plus she has been talking about getting a tablet anyway, so I figured maybe kill two birds with one stone. She talked about getting the Mini (not the new Retina one), but I wasn't sure if it'd be worth it or not since I'm not familiar with all the Apple revisions.

MLIFTgM.gif

#176 etcrane

etcrane

Winter Is Coming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:31 AM

Anyone know if iPads fall under Target Mobile purchases? I have a 10% off coupon from recently moving and it's pretty much good for everything except gift cards and 'Target mobile' ... I was thinking this would be cell phones and smart phones, but does it mean tablets are restricted too?

#177 j-fever

j-fever

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 05:40 AM

There will always be a "new one coming out". Yes the retina mini will be better, but also more $. 

The iPad 1 was a bit of a rushed product and not complete, hence why support was abandoned.

The Mini should have many of years of usefulness. The major reason I upgraded from an iPad 1  ( I traded two iPad1's for an iPad 4) was that this is such a smokin hot deal, plus being able to get an up to date iOS and run Plants vs Zombies 2!

If I have only one iPad to trade in, I would go for the mini.

Last-Gen Kinda Rare Game Topic, way out of date...
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=53810

Game TL

http://www.cheapassg...356#post7455356

#178 Liquid Metal

Liquid Metal

hasta la vista my ass!!!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:46 AM

Ok, I can confirm you can get visas giftcards with the electronic trade in card.

Here is what I did.

Took a $100 visa card (could not find the $200 one) and a clearance game. I looked for the youngest looking cashier since they most likely just got hired due to the holidays.

She scanned the visa card and it flashed a screen that said "visa giftcards cannot be paid with a target giftcard" or something. She ignored it and kept going.

Gave her the target giftcard, she swiped it, and I had to sign for it like a credit card. Did so and it went through.

Couple of things.

Could not find the $200 visa giftcard. One posted said he bought one. Could he post the dcpi.

It was a $6 fee to buy the card. They had an american express card as well that only cost $3. You could put whatever you want to on them. If someone goes that route, I would appreciate knowing the process.

Hope that helps people out.

#179 HydroX

HydroX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 07:59 AM

Ok, I can confirm you can get visas giftcards with the electronic trade in card.

Here is what I did.

Took a $100 visa card (could not find the $200 one) and a clearance game. I looked for the youngest looking cashier since they most likely just got hired due to the holidays.

She scanned the visa card and it flashed a screen that said "visa giftcards cannot be paid with a target giftcard" or something. She ignored it and kept going.

Gave her the target giftcard, she swiped it, and I had to sign for it like a credit card. Did so and it went through.

Couple of things.

Could not find the $200 visa giftcard. One posted said he bought one. Could he post the dcpi.

It was a $6 fee to buy the card. They had an american express card as well that only cost $3. You could put whatever you want to on them. If someone goes that route, I would appreciate knowing the process.

Hope that helps people out.

Well played.

I may go this route... The Visa GC is probably YMMV depending on the cashier, but according to this, you can use the card they give you as a Mastercard (which is apparently what it is to begin with). Read this on SD:

For someone wanting to use giftcard online/or other stores:

Go to: www.getmybalance.com and register your card.

The address and cardholder name needs to be the same with the billing address on the website you want to purchase.

After you register, the "Target Electronics Trade In card" will act as a MasterCard. On the back of the card, there is 16 digits considered as the 16 digits on a regular credit card. There is also the "Valid through 11/22" which means MM/YY as a expired date on regular credit card.

Also, there is the 6 digit number at the bottom of the card, the last three digits will be the CVV of the regular card. So, with all that information, you can use the Target trade in card as a regular credit card with $200 value.

Also:

I can confirm to successfully buying myself a $200 dollar amazon gift card by using this Target electronics gift card on amazon.com All you have to do is simply add the card as a payment on your my account settings, and then purchase the amazon.com gift card like you are purchasing a regular item. It then asks you for shipping address etc and then select payment. I chose this card as my payment and placed the order. A $200 amazon birthday gift card for this $200 target card.

MLIFTgM.gif

#180 Joeker

Joeker

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

@Hydro, if you trade in your 1st gen iPad for the $200 gift card, you can buy 1st gen iPad mini for $100 and get a $25 dollar gift card back, so it really ends up being $75.  I think that's a good deal to upgrade.