Target offering $200 gift card for any iPad which can be used on anything in-store. YMMV.

Success for me

Went to my nearby GS and got a Scratch and Scuff iPad 16GB for $130. Took it to Target and traded it in at the Mobile section (systems are pretty slow right now due to the iPad promotion) for $200. The associate asked me if I was gonna use the card in electronics or the entire store. I opted for the entire store and purchased a store gift card with my Electronics only gift card from the iPad trade.

While I personally understand why someone with a 64gb iPad 1st Gen would be upset at the same price as a 16gb I invite you to go on ebay and you will feel much better about the $200

iPad Mini is a nice upgrade but personally I stashed my card and will buy a Mini Retina in the coming weeks
So I see. Sigh. As long as I can get a GC and not have to trade it towards another iPad, that's fine. Too bad I don't shop at Target much anymore. I'll be spending that card for years.

Success for me

Went to my nearby GS and got a Scratch and Scuff iPad 16GB for $130. Took it to Target and traded it in at the Mobile section (systems are pretty slow right now due to the iPad promotion) for $200. The associate asked me if I was gonna use the card in electronics or the entire store. I opted for the entire store and purchased a store gift card with my Electronics only gift card from the iPad trade.
The GC from the trade-in was also good for anything in the entire store plus... You just limited your options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the trade in card to get a prepaid amex. The clue here is that the trade in card is a Mastercard (and handled as such). Only a $3 fee and you can use it instantly.

Gamestop iPad 1's: 130 + 158 = 288. Very good way to convert GS credit to cash.

Got a 1st gen 16gb wifi/3G at GS for $100 after trades, then realized I should just get one to keep, and ran to another Gamestop far out of the way. Dropped another $130. Both stores said they had numerous people in today asking for iPads. Guessing I'm not the only CAG (or - shudder - SDer) in the area.

FYI, when I was in GS getting the iPad, they mentioned that the 10% hardware discount was ending today.  Not sure how much validity there is to that, but it was mentioned.

Bought 2 iPad 1s at GS for $121 each(used mystery coupons on each). I traded both together at 1 Target and got the 2 $200 trade credit cards. Major pain to do the trade at Target as the site kept crashing at Target mobile(people everywhere doing their trade up deal for iPhone 5S listed on first page of flyer was too much for the site to handle). At GS the problem as others have stated was finding those scratch and scuff iPads. Both showed in stock at 2 GS by me but neither one had them so ended up settling on the refurbs. Not as profitable as I hoped but $400 is better than $242, so its OK. Looks like the hardware 10% discount at GS ends today so I'm done with this promo.

At Target there was no pressure at all to put the credit towards a new iPad and like someone else stated, they only asked for the tablet itself. I kept the chargers and usb which surprised me.

Success with a 1st gen iPad...I didn't even realize those don't have a camera...WOW!  $130 at Gamestop for $200 at Target.  BOOM.

Also, someone asked earlier about the 10% off tablets ending...GS employee also told me the promotion for the extra 10% off on tablets ended today..GS employees tend to be informed last though...not their fault though, I have heard that is how corporate does it.

Thanks to all posters!

So I see. Sigh. As long as I can get a GC and not have to trade it towards another iPad, that's fine. Too bad I don't shop at Target much anymore. I'll be spending that card for years.
I rarely shop at Target, but I think I'll burn through these GC's pretty fast by price matching Best Buy and Gamestop. There are some BBY/GS's in bad neighborhoods that keep deals in stock for a day or two after my regular stores close to me go OOS. I'd rather match at Target than deal with the nutty stores.

Can't believe I almost slept on this! Used the Mystery coupon, traded some dust collectors, and got it for a decent price on my BB Visa Flip Card.

Girl at the register couldn't figure out how to run the card. I was trying to get a GC that didn't have 'Electronic' on it. I'll handle that later. I can't imagine this deal hasn't gotten so CRUSHED that it won't be changed when they open.

Also, FYI, if anyone plans to use the gift cards for any games coming out during the B2G1 week, you can still get the $5 pre-order gift card if you pre-order this week on top of the B2G1.

How can that be true if someone got a Visa gift card?
While it does appear you get a Target Gift Card, it doesn't seem like this Target Gift Card is processed the same as regular Target Gift Cards. That guy posted his receipt that said "Mastercard Charge" ... normal Target Gift Cards don't say that when you use them.

Can't believe I almost slept on this! Used the Mystery coupon, traded some dust collectors, and got it for a decent price on my BB Visa Flip Card.

Girl at the register couldn't figure out how to run the card. I was trying to get a GC that didn't have 'Electronic' on it. I'll handle that later. I can't imagine this deal hasn't gotten so CRUSHED that it won't be changed when they open.

this place gave a free 60 game away for a week a few months ago

Shot down at a Target a little out of the way associates insisted the gift card had to go towards the iPad air.
Went to 2 Targets in my area and got the same. You can trade online as well as I read this info on the dreaded SD:)

"So I just traded in my iPad 1 for a $200 Target GC... Sort of...
I went into another store (in San Diego) and the rep just went to the public website (http://targettradeinprogram.com/), put my info in, and printed out the confirmation and shipping label for me to send it in to NextWorth.
The promo code "novipad200" is on my receipt. I'm guessing this will work for anyone. The obvious downside is that I actually have to pack mine up and send it in. Has anyone else successfully traded one in in San Diego?"

Which game was it? I some how missed seeing that thread.
tomb raider they let you price match another company that had the game for $20 and had a promo where you get $20 off if you pre order a game for $1

no override needed and i got 10 wiped out a target

Success for me

So is this the same for anyone else?

Basically, a $70 flip right?

the website is showing no stores around me that accept trades....could that be right?
The website locator has been messed up for a few days. Try going to the store locator on the Target website instead and searching for stores with Target mobile and you should be good.

the website is showing no stores around me that accept trades....could that be right?
I think Target did that on purpose. It was fine whenever this deal was first mentioned in the GS coupon thread. Call the stores and see if they have a mobile department.

Couldn't you guys like i dunno, buy $200 worth of something in electronics and then return it. You'll get it back in a regular giftcard no?

As I was driving from GS to go to Target, I tried to turn on the iPad. I, slightly, FREAKED when it wouldn't turn on. I was thinking....maybe they'll let me charge it for a few seconds with one of their outlets. Then, I remembered I had my portable Vita charger in the back seat. Plugged the iPad into it, pushed the power button, and the thing had 83% charge already. Lol.

Damn it Chunli, now you've got me stressing over whether this will carry through to the morning ... =-p
Oops! Maybe you'll be fine. Might want to go as soon as you can, though. SD is powerful enough to make, just about, ANY corporation change their rules.

Yeah, I was almost clear tonight but didn't count on the mobile counter closing at 6 ... grrr
You should have called around. 1 told me 8 another said 10. I didn't head out till after 7. Atleast one said 6, too.

So can you trade in two iPads and get $400 in gift cards? I have a 16GB original iPad gathering dust and a 16GB iPad 3 I use daily, so I'd definitely be willing to trade both in for a $100 iPad Air.

I do have a question, Im not super familiar with the ipad, if you buy a used one from gamestop is that track my ipad function turned off when you purchase it?  That is one of the questions on the device trade in estimator.

hoping I can get to the target moblie around me to trade in today as I missed them by 10 minutes last night.  If I run into issues with the gift card having to go toward a new iPad I'll just buy it and do a return right after.

Can anyone provide a SKU or something for the Gamestop Ipad Gen 1 I can't find it online to look for a store search on it.

Why would it be dead?
GS's preowned electronics sale ended last night, so the profit potential is way down. You could still clear about $50 ($190 for a refurb Gen 1, 25% off with SOTW = $142, plus tax). Not dead, but definitely not as good as before.

GS's preowned electronics sale ended last night, so the profit potential is way down. You could still clear about $50 ($190 for a refurb Gen 1, 25% off with SOTW = $142, plus tax). Not dead, but definitely not as good as before.
I know the flip profit is down, but I'm referring to receiving the $200 GC. This thread wasn't made for the sole purpose of flipping them from GS to Target, there are quite a few people who just have old iPads laying around that would love to get rid of them for $200.

bread's done
Back