#61 Action!

Action!

THIS WEIGHS MORE THAN ME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:35 PM

No, goo boy.

I draw sometimes.  UPDATED: 8/15/14   Shovel Knight      |      Trade List

Hey, I'm selling prints now. http://society6.com/...nKazimer/prints

The game that I animate for is now in beta! Try out Lichdom: Battlemage!

#62 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

And I don't care that it hasn't innovated, but people pointing that out now are just so hypocritical. If you're going to criticize the carrot on the stick game modes in 2013, then you should have done it in 2006 when they were even more vapid. Game has always felt empty as Fuck as soon as you max ranked, and that's because fundamentally it's a cheaply built FPS. 

And hey, leveling is fine, it's fun, it's addicting as ever and the new modes are legit. It's an alright game, but it's the same thing we've always had, and it's taken like 8 entries for people to say something about the negatives of this franchise. Now it's getting 5/10s because it's not 'next-gen' enough? Fuck outta here. I hate gaming trends.

What's next? Maybe reviewers suddenly decide that dialogue wheels were actually shitty all along and burn the next Bioware game at the stake for it. 

I don't understand why you think people should have criticized the lack of innovation back in 2006.  COD4 was innovative within the console FPS genre at the time.  A lot of the criticisms I've seen of Ghosts seem to stem from the fact that it feels phoned in, and lacking compared to other COD games relative to their predecessors (which were already starting to see a decline in praise over the last few entries).

Even the campaign sounds like it treads old ground from MW2.  Plus, the first few times the COD campaigns pulled some tricks involving player/character death, stealth missions, sniper missions, etc, it was exciting and fresh.  When they've tried to pull the same tricks over and over again, it becomes boring.  It's not hard to see why the faults are showing up in reviews now.  When there's a lot of good things to talk about in a game people find fun, the faults become miniscule in comparison.  When a game isn't so fun, the faults bubble to the surface as people try to understand why they aren't enjoying a series that they used to enjoy.  The reviews out there seem to reflect that a growing portion of people are getting tired of the same old tricks.  What was new and entertaining in 2006 is the status quo in 2013.

#63 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:17 PM

im a bad mutafucka and im not a role model

#64 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

damnit I get to see thor today and theres no showings in the morning

booo

#65 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:22 PM

I downloaded a ton of great music tonight. Tomorrow I'm cleaning my house like crazy to try to make sure that I don't get the flu since everyone else in my family seems to have it.

Too late for me. My son gave me that shit.

robsAgeek.png

#66 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I don't understand why you think people should have criticized the lack of innovation back in 2006.  COD4 was innovative within the console FPS genre at the time.  A lot of the criticisms I've seen of Ghosts seem to stem from the fact that it feels phoned in, and lacking compared to other COD games relative to their predecessors (which were already starting to see a decline in praise over the last few entries).

Even the campaign sounds like it treads old ground from MW2.  Plus, the first few times the COD campaigns pulled some tricks involving player/character death, stealth missions, sniper missions, etc, it was exciting and fresh.  When they've tried to pull the same tricks over and over again, it becomes boring.  It's not hard to see why the faults are showing up in reviews now.  When there's a lot of good things to talk about in a game people find fun, the faults become miniscule in comparison.  When a game isn't so fun, the faults bubble to the surface as people try to understand why they aren't enjoying a series that they used to enjoy.  The reviews out there seem to reflect that a growing portion of people are getting tired of the same old tricks.  What was new and entertaining in 2006 is the status quo in 2013.

The thing about it though is that when almost all other FPS games are still playing catch up, it doesn't really give much incentive for them to innovate or do anything different.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#67 Indignate

Indignate

Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:27 PM

I wonder if GUNNM Dawg has a son, he's old enough.

leda-doing-le-worm-xd-o.gifaw-ledas-cute-o.gif

I play bad games

If anyone isn't going to use their code I'd love them forever.

I don't like Godzilla.

#68 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have a litter of puppies

#69 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:30 PM

I'm saving myself for melonie mac doe

Too late for me. My son gave me that shit.

I always find it weird when people say they have kids and they're my age. I just feel bad and then I turn on my xbox and I'm happy again :)

#70 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:32 PM

The thing about it though is that when almost all other FPS games are still playing catch up, it doesn't really give much incentive for them to innovate or do anything different.

With Titanfall on the horizon, I wouldn't be so sure of that.  COD got where it is by paving its own path.  For it to stay there, it will have to do that again before someone else does.

#71 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

With Titanfall on the horizon, I wouldn't be so sure of that.  COD got where it is by paving its own path.  For it to stay there, it will have to do that again before someone else does.

I guess we'll see. But with Titanfall being exclusive to one console and multi only I don't think it'll really damage Call of Duty. If anything the people interested will just get both.

#72 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:39 PM

damnit I get to see thor today and theres no showings in the morning

booo

Tell me more.

You have a daughter, don't you?

I'm saving myself for melonie mac doe

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that first part.

#73 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:51 PM

I guess we'll see. But with Titanfall being exclusive to one console and multi only I don't think it'll really damage Call of Duty. If anything the people interested will just get both.

Titanfall being a console exclusive isn't really going to help Titanfall become the king of FPS games

#74 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Yeah, I'm not saying Titanfall will be the COD killer, but if COD doesn't move forward again, I can't see it holding onto its throne for much longer.

#75 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:54 PM

Titanfall being a console exclusive isn't really going to help Titanfall become the king of FPS games

Well it's not exactly exlusive since it's on PC/360/One.  But yeah, I'm not saying the first Titanfall will be king.  But by the time a few sequels come out and they are on multiple consoles (like COD), it could be.

Edit: And even if it's not Titanfall, COD is currently leaving open some room for someone else to step in and take over.

#76 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:04 PM

Well it's not exactly exlusive since it's on PC/360/One.  But yeah, I'm not saying the first Titanfall will be king.  But by the time a few sequels come out and they are on multiple consoles (like COD), it could be.

Edit: And even if it's not Titanfall, COD is currently leaving open some room for someone else to step in and take over.

Oh yeah, it most definitely is. The same formula has been repeated since COD4 and while those games sale like hotcakes right now, I think that their sales are going to take a huge nosedive in a few years

#77 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:08 PM

This finally got a English release date!

#78 sherlock2g

sherlock2g

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:22 PM

I always find it weird when people say they have kids and they're my age. I just feel bad and then I turn on my xbox and I'm happy again :)

Hell people that are younger than me have about 3-6 kids. I just have my one and only.

robsAgeek.png

#79 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Well it's not exactly exlusive since it's on PC/360/One. But yeah, I'm not saying the first Titanfall will be king. But by the time a few sequels come out and they are on multiple consoles (like COD), it could be.

Activision is overly confident, but sales haven't really dropped off enough for them to care.

If someday that happens they may look into changes.

#80 BlueScrote

BlueScrote

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:43 PM

Marvel and Netflix?  Yes please.

http://marvel.com/ne...ni-series_event

#81 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:57 PM

Activision is overly confident, but sales haven't really dropped off enough for them to care.

If someday that happens they may look into changes.

Yeah, but by that time it may be too late.  Gotta be forward thinking to be at the top.  And if I'm not mistaken I think Ghosts had lower preorder numbers than BLOPS 2, which sold less than MW3, so maybe the decline is already happening.

#82 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yeah, but by that time it may be too late. Gotta be forward thinking to be at the top. And if I'm not mistaken I think Ghosts had lower preorder numbers than BLOPS 2, which sold less than MW3, so maybe the decline is already happening.

It's a weird time for Ghosts though due to next gen. Some people are probably just waiting to get it.

I know when I play it it'll be on PS4.

#83 ihadFG

ihadFG

Adamustache

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:12 PM

It's a weird time for Ghosts though due to next gen. Some people are probably just waiting to get it.

I know when I play it it'll be on PS4.

Yeah, next gen certainly does make it harder to analyze the sales.

#84 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:21 PM

The Witch and the Hundred Knights is currently $20 @Amazon. Get dat pre-order in. 

#85 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:22 PM

Call of Duty isn't stopping anytime soon. 

#86 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:25 PM

The Witch and the Hundred Knights is currently $20 @Amazon. Get dat pre-order in.

Isn't that the one game that looks terrible?

#87 Chizu

Chizu

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

They charge you when the game comes out, right?

#88 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:28 PM

everytime people say ghosts I think of ghosts n goblins and I get excited and then I remember its that shitty cod game

#89 luxuria

luxuria

Memories of You

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

They charge you when the game comes out, right?

Correct!

Isn't that the one game that looks terrible?

Doesn't look bad really. 

#90 Mega Man

Mega Man

SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2013 - 06:32 PM

Marvel and Netflix?  Yes please.

http://marvel.com/ne...ni-series_event

so luke cage doesn't get his own movie he gets a netflix show.

Isn't doc ock from hell's kitchen too? i guess I could google that